There are only two videogames I want made in my lifetime.

• 76 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

A SERIOUS zombie videogame. which may come out sooner or later. NOT DEAD ISLAND. if any of you guys have seen the trailers, it isn't even CLOSE to a realistic zombie game like dawn of the dead movie. where you have to eat drink and sleep to survive... hell, a freaking mod in fallout new vegas could be done like this and I would be amazingly happy. once I get a gaming rig. but until then I just have to wait for a great zombie game which I think a good 90% of the gaming community would agree to. 

Second, you know Red Dead Redemption? Now imagine that game, in a jungle. WITH DINOSAURS!!!! I mean it, they have done zombies and bigfoot, now is about time to freaking make a true dinosaur hunting videogame! I do know one WAS being made for the Xbox, but was quickly canceled, but frankly, we kinda need this, we haven't had one great dinosaur game this gen, might as well make the first true great one. 

Anyone agree with me one this? And is anyone wanting a certain type of videogame to be made? like the two above that I would love to see?
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldnt mind an sandbox styled pirate game to be honest... 

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By foggel

I'm not going to post my million dollar ideas here. Someone will steal them, and rob me of the profits.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vexed
@Jay444111 said:
" A SERIOUS zombie videogame WITH DINOSAURS!!!!  "

Heh, couldn't resist.

The survival aspects of Fallout: NV in hardcore mode added so much to that game that would work amazingly well in an open world zombie game, so I like your first idea.  After playing the last Turok game and Jurassic: The Hunted I dunno how much of my dinosaur nostalgia love is left, bleh.
inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By inkerman

I'd really like an updated version of Master of Orion...

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Sid Meier's Pirates! is basically that, but it's more of a open world strategy game... if that makes any sense at all.  But I see what you mean, a full on GTA with pirates would be pretty cool.  

All I want really is the be-all end-all of space exploraton, trading and combat simulators, like the X games or Freelancer, but without all the jank, and with high production values, a fun space-opera story and gorgeous graphics of ships and nebulae and shit. Darkstar One from 2006 had nice-ass visuals for the time, and really all I could ask for out of the combat and trading, but the plot was awful and it was one of those obscure eastern european games that are kinda glitchy and have bad voice acting.  

I also want a Star Trek game where you're a captain and give orders on a bridge and you can explore and dick around space and you just come across random phenomenon like in TNG or something. But not a complete piece of shit like every Star Trek game ever. I'm thinking Mass Effect style dialogue, with maybe some Heavy Rain elements, and some Freelancer mixed in, what the hell a guy can dream. 
MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MiniPato

A cyberpunk detective game with an open world. There are no waypoints other than the initial spot where you begin your investigation. You go there find clues that hint to where you should go next, who to interrogate, etc. There are no pop ups or a guy in your earpiece telling you to go somewhere. You have to figure out how to progress by yourself with the clues you find. You get penalized for shooting recklessly in public areas with civilians, shooting suspects, killing potential suspects. You are encouraged to wound, not kill people. However, robots, androids, or whatever you can kill.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

" i wouldnt mind an sandbox styled pirate game to be honest...  "

I've been wanting this for years. It's one of those things that I think should have been done by now, like I would have thought a western like RDR would've happened earlier. 

I also want a realistic and serious zombie game.
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By canucks23

Your threads make you sound like you're 10 years old... Just sayin'

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Subjugation

I want an H&R Block simulator. I'll prepare your taxes on nightmare difficulty.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By recroulette

I would like a game that makes it impossible to play once you die. 

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zeforgotten
@RecSpec said:
" I would like a game that makes it impossible to play once you die.  "
I think there's a flash game like that somewhere. 
Only it's like you shoot a guy and fail and you can "never" play again 

Unless you remove the file it saved on your PC or something like that
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By recroulette
@ZeForgotten: Interesting. Might do some research on that. 

Reminds me of the game where it's a scrolling shooter, except the enemies are actual files on your computer. 
So by killing enemies you are deleting random files from your computer, and when you die, the game is deleted.
Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Leafhopper
@ZeForgotten said:
" @RecSpec said:
" I would like a game that makes it impossible to play once you die.  "
I think there's a flash game like that somewhere. Only it's like you shoot a guy and fail and you can "never" play again  Unless you remove the file it saved on your PC or something like that "
Thats pretty crazy.
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By recroulette
@ZeForgotten: Oh, damn. There was this game on newgrounds where you had a few days left before a virus wiped out humanity. You could spend the time trying to cure it or spending it with your family waiting for the inevitable end. That's what inspired my answer. I'm trying to look it up. That game hit pretty hard. 

Edit: Found it. And wow, loaded it up. It's at the exact same spot I was when I played it. At the end. 
That's pretty much what I want, something like that more fully developed. Although a game like that is a business nightmare.
easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By easthill
@CL60 said:
" @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

I've been wanting this for years. It's one of those things that I think should have been done by now, like I would have thought a western like RDR would've happened earlier. "
Age of Pirates
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60
@easthill said:
" @CL60 said:

I've been wanting this for years. It's one of those things that I think should have been done by now, like I would have thought a western like RDR would've happened earlier. "
Age of Pirates "
Those don't look very good.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ajamafalous
@MiniPato said:
" A cyberpunk detective game with an open world. There are no waypoints other than the initial spot where you begin your investigation. You go there find clues that hint to where you should go next, who to interrogate, etc. There are no pop ups or a guy in your earpiece telling you to go somewhere. You have to figure out how to progress by yourself with the clues you find. You get penalized for shooting recklessly in public areas with civilians, shooting suspects, killing potential suspects. You are encouraged to wound, not kill people. However, robots, androids, or whatever you can kill. "
This game will never be released on a console. Maybe as an indie/Russian-developed PC game, but it'll be clunky as hell. What you've listed is just way too unforgiving to be profitable if done by a team larger than a few people.

That said, I'm not uninterested in the idea.
easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By easthill
@CL60 said:
" @easthill said:
" @CL60 said:

Age of Pirates "
Those don't look very good. "
You didn't say it needed to be good. They are kinda fun for a little while though. On foot combat sucks, but the ship combat can be sort of interesting - especially when you have a small fleet attacking a city.
MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MiniPato
@ajamafalous said:
" @MiniPato said:
" A cyberpunk detective game with an open world. There are no waypoints other than the initial spot where you begin your investigation. You go there find clues that hint to where you should go next, who to interrogate, etc. There are no pop ups or a guy in your earpiece telling you to go somewhere. You have to figure out how to progress by yourself with the clues you find. You get penalized for shooting recklessly in public areas with civilians, shooting suspects, killing potential suspects. You are encouraged to wound, not kill people. However, robots, androids, or whatever you can kill. "
This game will never be released on a console. Maybe as an indie/Russian-developed PC game, but it'll be clunky as hell. What you've listed is just way too unforgiving to be profitable if done by a team larger than a few people.  That said, I'm not uninterested in the idea. "

Damn consoles dumbing down shit for us 1337 PC gamers and holding back my dream game!
willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By willin

Mass Effect Noir.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ajamafalous
@MiniPato said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @MiniPato said:
This game will never be released on a console. Maybe as an indie/Russian-developed PC game, but it'll be clunky as hell. What you've listed is just way too unforgiving to be profitable if done by a team larger than a few people.  That said, I'm not uninterested in the idea. "
 Damn consoles dumbing down shit for us 1337 PC gamers and holding back my dream game! "
I didn't mean it as a "feeble console brains" argument, just that the production costs of putting out a game on a console are much greater than that of an indie PC game, and I wouldn't expect a game of that nature to sell well enough to be profitable on a console.

Take Mount & Blade for example. I'd think that if that game were on the 360 and PS3, it would review very poorly and would probably be in the bargain bins everywhere. On Steam, it's a quirky foreign indie game that has a sort of cult following. Two different markets.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By shirogane
@ajamafalous said:
"

@MiniPato said:
"

A cyberpunk detective game with an open world. There are no waypoints other than the initial spot where you begin your investigation. You go there find clues that hint to where you should go next, who to interrogate, etc. There are no pop ups or a guy in your earpiece telling you to go somewhere. You have to figure out how to progress by yourself with the clues you find. You get penalized for shooting recklessly in public areas with civilians, shooting suspects, killing potential suspects. You are encouraged to wound, not kill people. However, robots, androids, or whatever you can kill.

"
This game will never be released on a console. Maybe as an indie/Russian-developed PC game, but it'll be clunky as hell. What you've listed is just way too unforgiving to be profitable if done by a team larger than a few people.  That said, I'm not uninterested in the idea.

"

I dunno, it sounds like an open world Deus Ex. Which doesn't seem that farfetched.
MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MiniPato
@ajamafalous said:
" @MiniPato said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @MiniPato said:
 Damn consoles dumbing down shit for us 1337 PC gamers and holding back my dream game! "
I didn't mean it as a "feeble console brains" argument, just that the production costs of putting out a game on a console are much greater than that of an indie PC game, and I wouldn't expect a game of that nature to sell well enough to be profitable on a console.   Take Mount & Blade for example. I'd think that if that game were on the 360 and PS3, it would review very poorly and would probably be in the bargain bins everywhere. On Steam, it's a quirky foreign indie game that has a sort of cult following. Two different markets. "
I knew what you meant, it's just 2am here and was too tired to type a proper response with a point. So I made a joke, well part joke. All people want to do these days is shoot people all the time. But that's not a detective's job, he doesn't get into constant firefights. I just want a detective game that doesn't rely on shooting gameplay as it's main crux and doesn't hold your hand. I know it wouldn't sell well in the mainstream market, but it's just a game I would like to see. A lot of our dream games aren't something that will appeal to a mass market, but maybe someday in my lifetime people will want more than just shooting dudes in their games and I'll get to see something like this.
FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FrankWeidner
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ajamafalous
@Shirogane said:
" @ajamafalous said:
"

@MiniPato said:
"

"
This game will never be released on a console. Maybe as an indie/Russian-developed PC game, but it'll be clunky as hell. What you've listed is just way too unforgiving to be profitable if done by a team larger than a few people.  That said, I'm not uninterested in the idea.

"
I dunno, it sounds like an open world Deus Ex. Which doesn't seem that farfetched. "
Deus Ex was actually the first thing I thought of reading his post. But I mean, they're making a new Deus Ex game, and it's nothing like the original, presumably because a game like the original is a hard sell in today's market.

@MiniPato said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @MiniPato said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @MiniPato said:
I didn't mean it as a "feeble console brains" argument, just that the production costs of putting out a game on a console are much greater than that of an indie PC game, and I wouldn't expect a game of that nature to sell well enough to be profitable on a console.   Take Mount & Blade for example. I'd think that if that game were on the 360 and PS3, it would review very poorly and would probably be in the bargain bins everywhere. On Steam, it's a quirky foreign indie game that has a sort of cult following. Two different markets. "
I knew what you meant, it's just 2am here and was too tired to type a proper response with a point. So I made a joke, well part joke. All people want to do these days is shoot people all the time. But that's not a detective's job, he doesn't get into constant firefights. I just want a detective game that doesn't rely on shooting gameplay as it's main crux and doesn't hold your hand. I know it wouldn't sell well in the mainstream market, but it's just a game I would like to see. A lot of our dream games aren't something that will appeal to a mass market, but maybe someday in my lifetime people will want more than just shooting dudes in their games and I'll get to see something like this. "
I, too, would be totally on board with a game like that.

I haven't been keeping tabs on it, but does L.A. Noire fit that mold at all?
drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By drac96

I'd only play a red dead like game with dinosaurs if it was called Red Dead Dinosaur.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Akeldama

I want a zombie apocalypse sim.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shirogane
@ajamafalous:
LA Noire seems to somewhat fit, but from what i've seen, there also seem to be some amount of firefights. Though how big they are in the actual game is yet to be seen. Hopefully it'll be good. 

So i wasn't the only one that instantly thought Deus Ex when reading that. Glad to know. Hoping new Deus Ex will be good, but the latest gameplay vids...not doing so well.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Example1013

An open-world PVP-centric MMO in a fantasy setting. It'll probably never happen again.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Portis
Somali pirates or the 'Arr-matey -- this parrot just shit on my shoulder' pirates? 
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By recroulette
@GilbertMordinAndSullivan: I don't know if it was because I played with it in Japanese with subtitles, but that game was pretty funny. 
 2 minutes of gameplay, and like 10 minutes of a conclusion
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By mrfizzy
@RecSpec said:
" @ZeForgotten: Oh, damn. There was this game on newgrounds where you had a few days left before a virus wiped out humanity. You could spend the time trying to cure it or spending it with your family waiting for the inevitable end. That's what inspired my answer. I'm trying to look it up. That game hit pretty hard. 

Edit: Found it. And wow, loaded it up. It's at the exact same spot I was when I played it. At the end. That's pretty much what I want, something like that more fully developed. Although a game like that is a business nightmare. "
just played it, most depressing game EVER!
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sayishere

i like your zombie game idea, sort of like a cross over between fallout new vegas hardcore mode and dead rising 2 

i want bullets and ammo to be scarce and being able to drive vehicles, but obviously gas being a problem, so going to a petrol station and  finding some (which will be rare) 

you should have companions, ones you actually care for, and not mindless AI characters, and if they die the story changes (like heavy rain) 

i want the zombies to run also, not just slowly creep towards you 

now that would be a fun game to be honest

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Example1013
@Sayishere: I just want World War Z: The Game.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#37  Edited By BeachThunder
@RecSpec said:

" @ZeForgotten: Oh, damn. There was this game on newgrounds where you had a few days left before a virus wiped out humanity. You could spend the time trying to cure it or spending it with your family waiting for the inevitable end. That's what inspired my answer. I'm trying to look it up. That game hit pretty hard. 

Edit: Found it. And wow, loaded it up. It's at the exact same spot I was when I played it. At the end. That's pretty much what I want, something like that more fully developed. Although a game like that is a business nightmare. "

;___; that was awesome.

I wish there were more games like that. Imagine a shooter that had a mode where if you died, then you died and if you wanted to keep playing you'd have to restart over. That would really make things tense.
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By fattony12000

A FUCKING JESUS CHRIST FUCKING SEQUEL TO ETERNAL DARKNESS, FUCK! 

A co-op version of a Mass Effect/Dragon Age kinda thing.

A  co-op/counter co-op version of a game like Deus Ex, where there is another player progressing through his/her story from the other end of the spectrum. Essentially becoming the villain to your hero, and vice versa. Deus Ex + Demon's Souls.

Seriously, fuck Too Human in the eye.

RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RagingLion

I like quite a lot of the ideas mentioned by others.  There are many dream games I'd love to play and many of those would be like no other game we've seen, but there's plenty I'd love to see made that aren't too divergent from current games.  One example is an open-world buddy road game that I described a little while ago.

@OP  If you want a serious zombie game then Dead State that's currently in development might tick a number of the right boxes from you, though I'm guessing you probably want a first-person game whereas that's a Diablo-esque isometric view I think.  Also when in actual combat it goes turn-based.  Other that it promises to be very freeform and have you building up your own band of survivors where you then have to worry about people's psychological states and ultimately dealing with people in a desperate situation will be a bigger threat than the zombies though you have the constant threat of them.  There will be other groups of survivor's who may be hostile to deal with and it generally sounds fairly immersive and fully-formed.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sameeeeam

I want a company like Rockstar to make a game set in ancient Japan. Or a pirate themed game. Either would be fine with me.

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ClaritySam
@RagingLion said:
" I like quite a lot of the ideas mentioned by others.  There are many dream games I'd love to play and many of those would be like no other game we've seen, but there's plenty I'd love to see made that aren't too divergent from current games.  One example is an open-world buddy road game that I described a little while ago.

@OP  If you want a serious zombie game then Dead State that's currently in development might tick a number of the right boxes from you, though I'm guessing you probably want a first-person game whereas that's a Diablo-esque isometric view I think.  Also when in actual combat it goes turn-based.  Other that it promises to be very freeform and have you building up your own band of survivors where you then have to worry about people's psychological states and ultimately dealing with people in a desperate situation will be a bigger threat than the zombies though you have the constant threat of them.  There will be other groups of survivor's who may be hostile to deal with and it generally sounds fairly immersive and fully-formed. "
That sounds pretty interesting, kind of like an X-Com : Zombie Apocalypse.
fr0stb1te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fr0stb1te

What I've been wanting to see for a while now is an RPG where your statistics do much more than just determine how much damage you deal/receive or if you hit/get hit. 

What I mean by this is... for example, say your character's strength was significantly higher than your target's, your character should be able to overpower them and practically incapacitate them with a successful hit. This is of course taking magic and armor out of the equation. "Health" as a number wouldn't exist, just your overall stamina and the condition of each limb/body part (ie "Good" to" Broken" or god forbid "Missing")  

With things like strength and agility playing far more distinct roles, player progression and development would be a lot more rewarding. Basic enemies that may be on par or stronger than you early on would be literally decimated by you in later stages of development. Dismemberment and weapon/armor breaks abound. I'm talking 100% over the top god-hand shit in the end game.

I guess the gameplay would have to be something similar to Demon's Souls... or at least something that allows the player to move freely and avoid attacks. 

Just something I've been playing around with in my head.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By Ineedaname

I want a GTA in a world like Minority report =( that focuses on the Government and in sort of a Dystopian world with a very white looking city, sort of like Brink's city colours.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#44  Edited By SubwayD
@MiniPato said:
Oh, you mean Blade Runner
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By mikemcn
@weeman105 said:
" I want an H&R Block simulator. I'll prepare your taxes on nightmare difficulty. "
Thats an awesome idea!
Mattxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mattxx

Dark Cloud 3 and Persona 5.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ProfessorEss
Yeah, I'm feelin' that.

@Jay444111 said:
...you know Red Dead Redemption? Now imagine that game, in a jungle. WITH DINOSAURS!!!!
...I'm feelin that too.
taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By taccyp

3 dream games come to mind. A sequel To Counter Strike, a Pokemon MMO, and Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat.

lodar011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lodar011

My only dream game is a Jet Force Gemini sequel

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By 02sfraser

The developers Dead Island is nothing like the trailer. It's just something they cooked up and I think it looks really cool. Also sounds like you want Jurassic Park....