Things the Game Industry has Forgotton About

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

While there's probably some exceptions, what are some things that you think the games industry, in general, has just forgotten about?  Talking about anything related to game elements, not saying people forgot about game X.

1).  You don't have to play as a human
I can't count the number of games where you play as a human.  Remember, hell, even back on the ps1.  There was spyro, crash, etc.---> non humans.  I dunno, but I think it's sometimes more neat to play as, who knows, how about something stupid, say a squirrel, than something ripped out of Saving Private Ryan.... There are lots of times when playing as a human makes sense, but you know, in order to fly as a human you'll need a jetpack, not so as a dragon.

2). It doesn't have to be realistic
   If you want the characters to go into a hell level for no reason, why not?  Why can't we have WW2 shooters where you eventually end up in some paranormal gooley place?  Why can't I have neat powers.

3) transforming is cool
just thought I'd put that out there.   i remember playing the old beast wars or 40 winks and realizing this.  Those are meh games, but transforming added a neat variety.  For the record, Conker does tranform as well.  Variety in gameplay is a nice addition.

4) Neither complexity nor over-simplicity are good concepts.
How about just make it accessible?  Lots of pc games suffer from this and then are called "hardcore".  Most of the times most of this can be presented in a much better format.  Simplicity, such as in making things automatically do something (like auto jumping) isn't good either.

5) Games that are long with filller content/ copy and paste content suck.
Really, it's just wasting my time. If it feels like I'm doing exactly what I was doing two hours ago, you probably didn't do something right.  I remember being amazed by the first hour or so in Fallout 3 after the vault.  Then, I realized that fresh and great content was the only content in the game.  I truly beat the game in that first hour after. 

6) You should really get the core gameplay down before making a kickass world and game.
Because, take for example GTA4.  The gunplay and the feel of movement (turning a table I say) are just awful.   Could they not have made movement up to par with what the medicore half assed games are even?  Seriously now. The movement itself (on foot, a tad in car) ruin the game.   Game ruining aspects ftl!         This isn't rempant through games, but it's there way more than it should be.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, I guess these are trends the majority of the industry has shyed away from lately. To be honest, it doesn't bother me. I hope to be a game designer myself one day, and all my current game ideas are based in reality. I will say that replaying Banjo-Tooie on XBL has reminded me of how uncool transforming can be. I don't mind it at all in the original, but I guess I just think the things you transform into in Banjo-Tooie are mainly pretty weak. I agree games shouldn't be too complex or simple. I think generally you want to have relatively simple, streamlined controls that offer a pretty solid amount of depth and don't cause the game to be too easy.

Sure, filler is bad. I hate when companies try to increase a game's length by adding unnecessary backtracking or item-searching and all that sort of stuff. However, I certainly never felt like that was the case at all with Fallout 3. I did love the vault section, and I think it's what really helped suck me into the whole game, but man, I really thought there was plenty of great stuff in D.C. and I thought it was certainly worth taking a look at.

Okay, as for GTAIV, I think the core gameplay works fine. I've never had all that much of a problem with it. I certainly wouldn't say it was mediocre. One issue I had though was whenever walking near a ledge, if you got too close, you could certainly expect to fall to your death and die. Niko should be able to catch himself from falling, or they could have implemented some resistance towards ledges so he couldn't so easily walk off. My 360 controllers left analogs are kinda busted and think they're centered when they're slightly to the right, so sometimes guys will be moving on their own as a result, which is a perfect way to walk right off of a building. By the way, thanks Microsoft! The more I've played GTAIV, the more it has cemented its status as being a masterpiece in pretty much every way.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TheKidNixon

You know, judging from your criticisms, I'd almost say Excitebots is the game for you.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

Yes, buy a Wii.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wow, some legitimate complaints about games. Another one along that train of thought: not everything needs to be some epic plot to save the world from an ultimate evil. Remember back in the days of the Genesis, when a mascot's only goal was to beat the hell out of a random bad guy out of pure boredom (play any Mickey Mouse game, and you'll see what I mean)?

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Disgaeamad
SmugDarkLoser said:
While there's probably some exceptions, what are some things that you think the games industry, in general, has just forgotten ... [more]
A thousand times, this. Seeing people complain about the lack of "realism" in games makes me cringe.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING

Also games don't have to look blody grey and apocalyptic all the time sillys

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Diamond

I agree with your things but not your examples.  GTA4 is the most solid controlling GTA so far IMO.  Fallout 3 has repetitive graphics and sound assets, but they're put together in clever ways.  I'd prefer every object in a game to be unique, but that's not realistic.  Every game has prefabs, before they were 3D they'd be 2D sprites reused over and over.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Seedofpower

Lots of valid points but you forgot how remaking any good game should be a crime.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King
Seedofpower said:
Lots of valid points but you forgot how remaking any good game should be a crime.
Hey, there are certain times when this is appropriate, like the new Fire Emblem. Yea, this is the third version of the game, but most people (myself not included) haven't played the other two.
FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FlipperDesert

I disagree with the point about movement in GTA, I found lots of nice little touches in Niko's animation like his sideways run down steps to be pretty awesome. Tripping people is still funny, too.

My main problem with games is the writing in them is often terrible, after playing through Persona 3 and 4 back-to-back I think I'm going to punch someone the next time I see someone's name spoken followed by an "...". On that note, when given the choice to punch someone, I'd like to actually punch them, not just have them pussy-out, run off and then have Chie flip-out at me for intervening.

Hell, on the whole, I'd like more chances to be a dick.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King
FlipperDesert said:
I disagree with the point about movement in GTA, I found lots of nice little touches in Niko's animation like ... [more]
Better than in games like Legaia, where it replaces "..." with "*silence*" or "*surprised shock*" (no, I am not lying), or games with voice acting THAT STILL USE "..." IN THE DIALOGUE!!!
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
HandsomeDead said:
Uh... no.  Viva Pinata, one of the more deep games this gen, fits right in within this.  Halo does, Kameo, Metal Gear Solid, etc.   (for the most part)
One thing I forgot to add was that the characters should have some catch to them, not generic soldier #138.  There has to be some special flair to the look.  Same goes with the enemies.  Granted, this doesn't apply properly to all games, alan wake for instance suceeds with an average joe look, but there should be something catchy about the design.
Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Demo

1. You don't have to be good. Actually Fable II and Bioshock address this well.

2. Besides getting new weapons, there is the possibility to change the character. Again, Bioshock doesn't have this problem.

3.  HIgher difficulty settings shouldn't be locked until the game has been finished the first time.

4. The hardest difficulty setting should be a challenge, not ridiculously difficult for the sake of it.

5. Points don't/shouldn't add replay value, game variation, cooperative play and extra modes do.

6. We entered the disc-based gaming era. Games shouldn't be as expensive as many cartridge games were.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By penguindust
HandsomeDead said:
That's usually all I'm looking for.

Smug, I agree with most of what you are saying, but some games like this have been made and were not all that well received by the gaming populace.  Viva Pinata and Banjo-kazooie: Nuts & Bolts are two game this cycle which have you playing something other than a human, and while they were critically acclaimed, they didn't sell well to a "mature" Xbox demographic who saw the games as kiddie.  I think it's equally important for the developers to know what their audience is likely to accept.  Sadly, Rare is chained to Microsoft these days and unable to make games for the Wii where it might be better received.  

But maybe not, because there was nothing realistic about Madworld and it too has sold poorly.  Over the top and startling in it's graphical design, the game did not meet well with the majority of Wii owners.  Besides, I think random turn of events without rhyme or reason turns gamers off under most circumstances.  A game's direction can't follow one track for the majority of its storyline and then suddenly diverge into the fantastic without eliciting a few "what the fucks?"  Do you remember True Crime: Streets of LA?  It had a frickin' dragon in it.  Games should at the very least adhere to the laws of their own world throughout the course of gameplay.

Finally, yes transforming is cool.  I'd like to see a reboot of The Suffering. 
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Jensonb
@Demo: Number 4 is about the most sensible thing I've read in a while. People go on and on about wanting games to be hard as shit. What the hell for? They're supposed to be fun. Multiplayer is where you make yourself look like a badass.
Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Psynapse

SmugDarkLoser said:
While there's probably some exceptions, what are some things that you think the games industry, in general, has just forgotten ... [more]

1. Many developers are doing this at the moment... but they do this so that the player can get further imersed in the game and it generally does make a better play experience... Take Bioshock for instance, if you were a squirrel in that... it would suck... No wait, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!
2. You call BioShock, Halo, Banjo & Kazooie, Mass Effect, Team Fortress, Brutal Ledgend etc Realistic? I see what you're saying though.
3. Transforming... Transformers?? :P There are a few of these types of games around... Anyone remember Altered Beast?!
4. Many games are extremely non complex... Look at the Wii for example... or Empire Total War...
5. I agree with you there :P
6. Agree and Disagree, GTA4 gunplay was fairly intuitive i thought, movement sucked though.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead
PenguinDust said:
HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That's usually all I'm looking for.Smug, I agree with most of ... [more]
Well, Nintendo thanks you for holding video games back.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
HandsomeDead said:
PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That's usually all I'm looking for.Smug, I agree with ... [more]

Rare and Lionhead are two developers who fit my descriptions.  They're probably the two game developers who are pushing design. 
While I could see you saying no to lionhead because of fable (although as a whole it's obvious they're something special in design), Rare is easily the most innovative largescale devs this gen, and their games are actually good.  '

I think you're misunderstanding us.  We don't want stuff like ExciteTrucks or whatever.  But well, Banjo: Nuts and Bolts, is.  That could have been rediculously overcomplicated.  Instead, they were smart and made the depth through an easy to use interface.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That's usually all I'm looking for.Smug, I ... [more]
Eh, I didn't like Nuts & Bolts as many other people did. The missions were stricter than Rare led us to believe, and why the hell were they parodying 70s/80s TV shows? I don't get why THAT was in there.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Video_Game_King said:
SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That's usually all I'm looking ... [more]
What do you mean the missions were stricter?  As far as the tv shows, you must not have notice, but they parodied quite a bit.  They just thought that a neat way of an introduction to a world.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Video_Game_King said:
SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That's usually all I'm looking ... [more]
What do you mean the missions were stricter?  As far as the tv shows, you must not have notice, but they parodied quite a bit.  They just thought that a neat way of an introduction to a world.  Banjo has become a series that really doesn't no limits as far as what can be their.  It grew with every sequel.  You should have really noticed that by the opening cutscene.  Let's see, what do they show---Fat banjo, kazooie playing the 360, n64 in corner wrapped up, viva pinata animals, collectathoness, fighting game type stop (hope you know what I'm saying), interdimensional warping,  calling the game a game that the game character made, not selling as many games as that italian guy witha  moustache, etc.   So neat.  And it's the only game with entertaining credits.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That's usually all ... [more]
No, I understand that Banjo Kazooie is a humor based game, that's not what I'm complaining about. Why the TV shows? Why are they parodying shows that their target audience wouldn't know about? That just seemed out of place to me.

And by "stricter", I meant that there's usually only one right approach to a given mission. I tried multiple vehicles on one mission, and none of them worked until I did things the way the game wanted. (That's just a generic example.)
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheKidNixon

I really wasn't trying to be dismissive when I said ExciteBots. It has almost everything you mentioned.

1).  You don't have to play as a human
Check. You play as weird hybrid robot car things.

2). It doesn't have to be realistic

Certainly not. This game has redicilous sense of fun and even humor. It seems to be aiming for constantly keeping you on your toys and a consistent "WTF?!" attitude. Very abstract and bizarre.

3) transforming is cool
The ExciteBots are basically lawsuit bating Transformers rip-offs.

4) Neither complexity nor over-simplicity are good concepts.
This might be the place where Excitebots falls short; its control are pretty simple, with your typical Wii steering. Still, it certain functions and it is never punative in anyway.

5) Games that are long with filller content/ copy and paste content suck.
While the game has several game modes that are fairly similar, they also are more or less 5-10 minutes races that are fairly well self-contained. Good quick pick and play fun.

6) You should really get the core gameplay down before making a kickass world and game.
ExciteBots said piss off to anything but the core gamepaly. It has no impression of being bad-ass or anything besides...robot-car hybrids racing really fast and causing redicilous quick mini-games. It focuses completely on core gameplay competency.

So yeah, hit 5.5 out of 6 of your points. My suggestion still stands.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Video_Game_King said:
SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That's ... [more]
In case you haven't noticed, they're target audience isn't anything in particular.  Rare seems to make games that they think would be fun.   They don't necessarily have a target audience.  Look at conker, it's a prime example.  Who's that made for? The answer, is straight up people who like fun games.   But still, I think most of the, well, people who were born by the early 90s should be able to udnerstand that opening.  It really is a game for everyone, as corny as that sounds.  You'll get a diffent type of humor out of it depending on how much you know, how old you are, etc.  And example of a joke that only a small minority will know is when in the credits kazooie says something like (obviously delivered and worded better): "Wow, look at all those names.  Jees, and I thought all the people with skill left Rare years ago". 

As for the second part, your just straight up wrong.  There's tons of ways, you apparently aren't good at being creative.  For example, the coconut gathering one.  How shall you do it?  Should you create a carriage for the coconuts?  Flying or ground based? Well, why not bring the coconut sucker to the coconuts?   Could also use a suck/blow, etc.  Or say the one where you have to push a shitload of garbage out the waste pipe.  How to do it?  Well,  that's a more straight forward one, suck/blow.  But the idiot would use a armed (---<) vehicle.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
TheKidNixon said:
I really wasn't trying to be dismissive when I said ExciteBots. It has almost everything you mentioned.1).  You don't have ... [more]
But that game just sucks.....
It's not like making these requirementsmakes a good game.  Likewise, an innovative game isn't necessarily good either. 

I haven't played bots, but I have tried ExciteTruck (which is the samish?), that was bad.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow ... [more]
Still, I find the TV jokes to be out of place. The series never really did it before, so when they introduced it here, I found myself confused.

Hey, I was creative. I had a vehicle that was stupidly heavy, could fly, had almost every feature possible, and I called it "Death from Above." Shut up, I didn't use that for any of the missions. Anyway, here's an actual example: the first boss fight in the game. You're supposed to knock the ball out of Grunty's vehicle (or something, I can't remember). I tried making a regular vehicle, didn't work. I tried improving the traction/weight/ramming power, didn't really work. Added some weapons (I think), didn't work. It was only when I jammed spikes on each side that the ball came down (and quickly). This has happened multiple times before in the game. I'd cite them, but it's been a long time since I've played.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HandsomeDead
SmugDarkLoser said:
HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That&#39;s usually all I&#39;m looking for.Smug, I ... [more]
Rare and Lionhead may be pushing design, but that's only in characters rather than making engaging gameplay. Fable II is just another fantasy RPG and Nuts and Bolts is less of a game than it is the latest in the LEGO games. In that game, you're spending 20 minutes in a menu tweaking your vehicle, for a 3 minute race. If those are your examples as the best developers out there, then i'm completely not getting your kind of game.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Video_Game_King said:
SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want ... [more]
And I did that differently.  Initially I just made what I cal the fork vehicle which is something that is  essentially a claw.   Just did that and shot at her with a gun, won ((it breaks the tray she uses so she can't get that thingy).  I went back later when I got some new parts and used the sticky ball with a helicopter and dropped her in the volcano.  That ones actually about not letting her go though, so you could actually win by just bumping her away.
Yea...I pretty sure there's more than one way to do it.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically ... [more]
I don't think you can count the stick ball one, since that's after the fact. Speaking of sticky ball, that was part of "the one way" thing that helped me through the final battles. I tried everything I could think of, yet to no avail. I checked some YouTube videos and guides, and these were pretty much the only way to beat her: sticky ball the witch and throw her in a lake.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheKidNixon
SmugDarkLoser said:
TheKidNixon said: I really wasn't trying to be dismissive when I said ExciteBots. It has almost everything you mentioned.1).&nbsp; You ... [more]
To each their own. I quite like ExciteBots, which fixes a lot of trouble of Trucks (namely, the fact that you can't fucking turn in that game; all the cars handle like  school buses filled with bricks) and adds some fun and unexpected side games on top. Yeah, it feels a little done and isn't a "10/10, GOTY CONTENDER" title, but it is a mindless distraction for a couple of hours. And really, isn't that what this hobby is all about?
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
HandsomeDead said:
SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That&amp;#39;s usually all I&amp;#39;m looking ... [more]
No, fable 2 is a, well, unique rpg, if I shoulds call it that.  It just does stuff differently.  They focus on things that most developers just pass up or pay little attention to.  To be honest, as a whole, fable 2 was good, but it's ot my favorite game.  However, the Spire and coming home from it, that whole process, has got to be one of the best segments in video games ever.  Something very special about that.

As far as banjo, what's exactly your point?  If it's a lego game that you can build stuff and it actually works properly to do unique objectives (you saying races makes me think you haven't played it as a far minority are racing) isn't that awesome?  You know, call me crazy, but people like building stuff when it actually works out,  
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Video_Game_King said:
SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: ... [more]
You're just not creative good sir.  Well, maybe creative isn't the right word.  Creativity can make a crazy dragon out of blocks, not necessarily build something for a specific task.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: ... [more]
I could probably dig up all the creative vehicles I made back when I played the game, but I have Lost Odyssey shoved in my Xbox, and I'm incredibly lazy :P.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Video_Game_King said:
SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: ... [more]
Again, creative isn't really the same.  If you couldn't find another way to beat grunty that first time, you're jsut not good at that.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: Video_Game_King said: SmugDarkLoser said: ... [more]
No, I had vehicles that could apply to certain situations. Heavy vehicles, floating, flying, fast, etc. But I found that the game generally has only one or two ways to get a job done.
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Jensonb

Here's where I think this thread falls short...Whilst it's full of great points, it kind of leads us down the blind alley that there is a formula for good games. There very much is not.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HandsomeDead
SmugDarkLoser said:
HandsomeDead said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That&amp;amp;#39;s usually all ... [more]
It's funny how you mention things the developer has passed up on because it seems like Lionhead forgot that combat makes up the majority of their game and decided to keep the patented Tap X to Win formula from the first game. It's all well and good making an interesting segment, but if you have to slog through hours and hours to get there, then it's pointless.

Oh, I do apologise for saying races under the assumption you'd know what I meant. They might not all be races, but i'm struggling to think of something that's gone on for more than 5 minutes and i've got about 70 Jiggys so i'm hardly fish. And the challenges are hardly unique: Everything seems to be an escort mission, a race, go get a McGuffin and bring it back and each one leaves me spending more time in the menus than in the game. It's the same reason why I hated MGS3. Also, if you like building stuff when it actually works out, then try doing it in real life.
zidane33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By zidane33

you forgot good offline multiplayer

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
HandsomeDead said:
SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow fun? That&amp;amp;amp;#39;s ... [more]
DO you really have a gay disney kid as your avatar?  why?
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By Origina1Penguin

As long as games bring the fun, I'm not to picky.  I do agree that many games take themselves too seriously and have done so for awhile now.  Mindless extras and arcade-like options for games are great if you ask me.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HandsomeDead
SmugDarkLoser said:
HandsomeDead said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want cheap, shallow ... [more]
Relevance?
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
HandsomeDead said:
SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically you want ... [more]

none, but it's kind of....off-putting?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#45  Edited By natetodamax

Even games that may seem realistic really aren't. People say Call Of Duty is all about realism, but everything about that game is not even close to real life.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thedj93
HandsomeDead said:
yes.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HandsomeDead
SmugDarkLoser said:
HandsomeDead said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: SmugDarkLoser said: HandsomeDead said: PenguinDust said: HandsomeDead said: So, basically ... [more]
Why? I don't base how much I pay attention to someone's post by their avatar.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Voxel said:
Even games that may seem realistic really aren't. People say Call Of Duty is all about realism, but everything about ... [more]
Of course, but it's the fact that lots of its restrictions are reality based
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
Voxel said: Even games that may seem realistic really aren't. People say Call Of Duty is all about realism, but ... [more]
Or at least to give the illusion of reality. For example......no, no, it's best that I don't do THAT.
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By Death_Unicorn

You guys are taking a hypothetical debate waaaaaaaaay too sewious.