Think about the last game you didn't finish. You didn't finish because...

• 125 results
sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Think about the last game you didn't finish. You didn't finish because... (409 votes)

you got bored. 62%
a new game came out. 21%
you don't remember. 9%
it was too hard. 9%
you found out the ending. 0%
 • 
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero  Online

I didn't finish Luigi's Mansion 2 because the 3rd mansion is a real low point. But I'm getting back into it now, and the 4th and 5th mansions are an improvement.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I got Kingdoms of Amalur off PS+ for free, then stopped playing it when The Last of Us came out.

Tried to go back, but it didn't re-grab me.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Where's the been too busy at work choice? I've been working 10 – 12 hour days staring at Excel logs, doing photoshop, and managing more projects then ever. I'm too burnt out after work to finish anything. I grabbed Kingdoms of Amalur and got 6 hours in and just haven't had the energy to jump back in.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I youtubed the last few hours of The Last of Us. I wasn't bored, I just wasn't having any fun with the mechanics and wanted to see the story play out without the hassle and time commitment of personally jumping through the hoops.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By falserelic

(Keep in mind just my opinion people)

Boarderlands 2 got boring for me fast. After playing the original for months, and hoping on BL2 it felt like I was going through the motions. Just go to an area shoot up waves of enemies and repeat. It didn't really feel all that new to me, and I wished the characters had more then just 1 ability.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I didn't finish it because it was La Mulana ;__;

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Etrian Odyssey IV because fuck the Berserker King.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

I never finished Fuse because I had to return it sadly. I was beginning to really enjoy it come the third mission. I just don't have the time to complete a game as quickly as I used to.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clonedzero

The only game in the last like 5 years i own that i haven't beaten would be Alpha Protocol. I beat a couple "countries", was actually enjoying it alot. Then i had to go away for 2 weeks, when i came back I had completely forgotten what was going on in the story, so I wanted to restart. A bunch of other big games i was excited for came out and i never got back around to beating it.

Now i can't cus my videocard is fried and I'm not gonna grab a new one just yet.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BisonHero  Online

In addition to "got bored", I think there could've been a separate option for "game turns out to be bad, is not worth my time". That happens sometimes.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It was the Witcher 1, cause it's old as hell. I'm still gonna try to finish though, but it's taking forever.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Justin258

Uh... which one? I've got something of a backlog.

I guess I'll say Red Dead Redemption because (and this is an opinion) it was fucking boring. Let's run across the Western frontier and occasionally shoot some guys for some son of a bitch in the false hope that he'll give us a tiny bit of info, when he didn't give us any info the last fifteen times we killed some sorry fuckers for him! Engaging storytelling at its finest! Fuck that game!

...man, I'm glad notifications aren't working at the moment.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

As someone who finishes probably 99% of the games i play, and always on the most difficult setting(not nightmare) i dont know if i will go back to RE 6. Like Brad, I hold RE 4 as one of the best games ever, and this game is just terrible in every way. I made it through Leons campaign and started Chris's where i think 'm in the third act. The camera, controls, constantly getting knocked down its...its just horrible. Ive played some bad games which ive finished, most recently Afterfall:insanity, but this game is a mess of epic proportions. My gaming instinct is still telling me to go back, but sometimes you just gotta cut a game loose.

lordgodalming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I usually have 3-5 games going at once, and I HATE leaving one unfinished, but at the same time, there are too many good games to finish boring ones. Dragon's Dogma for example.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because I'm a really bad procrastinator when it comes to finishing games.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I didn't finish QUBE because it had turned into a different game that, coincidentally, wasn't fun.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm weird with games. My mind set is that I should wait to I guess savor the experience. So I limit myself to how much I play and eventually just never go back to it. It's a weird thing because I hold myself back and then lose interest. But lately i've been finishing all my games. The Last of Us, Metro, Injustice and Bioshock to name a few.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I played 5 minutes of Fable III, got the achievement for holding hands with 20 people and then decided never to touch it again. Looked SO boring.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the been too busy at work choice? I've been working 10 – 12 hour days staring at Excel logs, doing photoshop, and managing more projects then ever. I'm too burnt out after work to finish anything. I grabbed Kingdoms of Amalur and got 6 hours in and just haven't had the energy to jump back in.

This.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By Sooperspy

I had Dead Space 3 from Gamefly for 2 months. Played about 4 hours of it. I was mad uninterested in it. And I loved DS 1+2.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I didn't finish The Witcher 2 because I think BioShock Infinite was coming out. I really need to go back and finish it at some point, because I'm on the last act and I really love the game, but I'm worried I that I've forgotten the combat and where I'm at would be too hard. I want to see how the story plays out though...hopefully I'll have time over the summer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I made it to Act 3 of Torchlight 2 for the second time a month ago. Stopped playing an hour later. I need to finish that at some point.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

Bioshock Infinite. The combat started feeling incredibly monotonous and boring at some point.

Sheldon_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyria Chronicles. That game is hella anime

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about the game was so bad I couldn't be asked to finish it option? For me, The Force Unleashed II was so god awful I turned it off and threw it under a pile of games and haven't looked at it since.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By DarthOrange

Spec Ops. A combination of I was bored and the section was tuff. But mostly I got bored.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Devil240Z

I don't really ever finish games. they just cant hold my interest that long.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I typically finish the majority of the games I play, for better or worse.

Looking back, the last game I stopped playing was the recent Twisted Metal over a year ago. I had a feeling I was going to dislike it, but I rented it away. It reaffirmed that car-combat was boring and the 90's, Todd McFarlane-like style was dumb as hell.

At one point it would've been Dark Souls. I finished Demon's Souls, but with this, I got to the end boss and kept on dying. I was okay at parrying/riposting, but my stats were a certain way, so it only took away a fraction of his health each time. Eventually, I would panic and die. I started it back up again two months later, grinded for a couple hours, and finally finished it.

A lot of Wii games, too. Skyward Sword was probably a good game, but I just do not care for Zelda anymore; I stopped maybe 2/3 in. And as much as I appreciated the Super Mario Galaxy games, I got halfway done with both and said, "Yep, this is Mario."

PaolaMeza20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PaolaMeza20

lollipop chainsaw, so fuc%$&$ boring

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By DoctorWelch

Eternal Sonata was the last game I didn't finish because there really was no reason to. I got about 60% of the way through and the combat was still just mashing buttons with little strategy and the story was generic and boring even if it had some decent style. In a lot of ways it's like Lost Odyssey. There are great things about the style and chapter intermissions, but the actual majority of the game is just boring and kind of pointless.

I would also say Skyward Sword because I started both these games around the same time and I felt like I wasn't missing anything. I got most of the way through and realized it was just getting more tedious. Zelda really needs to try something different to get me to care at this point. Making another horribly paced, uninteresting Ocarina of Time isn't going to cut it anymore.

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdoms of Amalur and El Shaddai bored me from the first moment I played them. Terrible waste of my time and I even tried plugging away at KoA for a good 10 hours or so. Not fun at all.

Demon's Souls was ok for a while before I got to the Poison Swamp and said, "fuck this".

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By hawkinson76

Bastion = Boring

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Aronman789

I almost never finish my games. It has nothing to do with horrible controls, well except for one, but usually I just play until I no longer feel a need to and then uninstall. I'm a man who lives on whims.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BisonHero  Online

@saturdaynightspecials: Which part did you get to? It switches things up a couple different times. Seriously though, that game is like 4-5 hours tops, you may as well just finish it.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

I still need to go back and finish both RE: Revelations and Far Cry 3. I just sort of lost interest for a bit. Definitely my hope two finish those two next.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I put 50+ hours into Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It was my listening to music/podcasts game for a good few weeks. But then The Old Gods expansion for Crusader Kings II came out, and that was the end of that. I still intend to go back to it, though.

I also stopped playing Super Mario 3D Land because it got hard/repetitive.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Rising. I got so fatigued a few missions after that stupid monsoon fight and Jack the Ripper segment. I just looked up the boss fights on youtube and they looked equally as boring so I sent it back to gamefly.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

State of Decay. Pretty cool game but a lightning strike took my 360 to the heavens.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't finish The Witcher 2 because I think BioShock Infinite was coming out. I really need to go back and finish it at some point, because I'm on the last act and I really love the game, but I'm worried I that I've forgotten the combat and where I'm at would be too hard. I want to see how the story plays out though...hopefully I'll have time over the summer.

Who have you sided with so far in the story?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play way too many games.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Capum15

A lot of time it's a mix between "got bored / burnt out" and "got a new game / started playing an old game". I have way too many games that I haven't beat...trying to fix that now.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found out the part of the ending of Red Dead Redemption and maybe that is why I put it down. I kept telling myself that I need to know how and why but... Maybe someday.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By morningstar

I didn't finish Nier, cause I found it's weak points to far outweigh it's stron points. Loves the world, the story and characters. But playing the game was just terrible.

sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being bored is winning handily, besting the next highest by 40pts.

Did you find the game to be boring from the get go OR was it just too long?

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm just done with story-driven single players games. ArmA 3 and Rome 2 are the only exciting games to me for a long time.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Gemini Rue

I saved my game and came back to it the next day...and my saves were gone.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Yep. TV is dead too. It's probably for the best though since I have a lot of uni work to do. ;)