jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Edited By jakob187

WHAT A WEEK!!!

To start things off, I'm moving out of my apartment next week (the female roommate has become too much of a bitch to deal with), which is going to be a slight hassle.  Why?  Well, my birthday is next Friday, and while I never really do anything for my birthday besides sit around and feel old, this year is a bit different.  My only days off from work are Wednesdays and Thursdays, but next Thursday...as a small b-day present to myself...I'm heading to Dallas to see the live amazingness of Gojira and The Chariot.  I've seen The Chariot before, but I'm really only going for Gojira.  \,,,/  Nonetheless, this means that I've got Wednesday to move out of the apartment...which is cutting things a bit thin and close to the collar.  Oh well.

On the gaming side of life, I played through Bionic Commando and X-Men Origins Wolverine over the last four days or so.  Well, Bionic Commando took the four days of time.  My first playthrough was on Commando mode, the hardest setting, and it was definitely tough as nails.  My game save tells me I clocked in about 12 hours play time on it, which I'm satisfied with.  Some people have complained about the length of the game (lower difficulties have clocked in at about 6-8 hours supposedly).  Honestly, for what the game has to offer...which is basically swinging and shooting...I think BC would've ended up feeling too repetitive and thin if the game were any longer.  X-Men Origins Wolverine, on the other hand, took no time to blaze through...and while the game definitely has faults, it's just tough to not enjoy the Hell out of ripping doods apart.  Granted, the whole time I was playing, all I could think about was "this isn't like Wolverine at all"...and everything that isn't the combat sucks more chode than a starving $2.00 hooker...but then I stopped giving a shit when I realized that this game might just offer more brutality than even God of War.  Both of the games were damn well a satisfying experience for me.

I should be S-ranking Bionic Commando sometimes in the next week or two, and I'm hoping to at least get through the Hard mode and get a vast majority of the achievements on X-Men Origins Wolverine in the same amount of time.  Right now, I'm just waiting for Blockbuster to get copies of UFC 2009 Undisputed in.  = D

AND SPEAKING OF BIONIC COMMANDO:

TONIGHT IS THE BIONIC COMMANDO LAUNCH PARTY LOCK-IN AT LANSHARX!!!  WOOT WOOT!!!
TONIGHT IS THE BIONIC COMMANDO LAUNCH PARTY LOCK-IN AT LANSHARX!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
I'm already rockin' my Bionic Commando shirt (the logo on the front is complimented by the actual logo with the words "Bionic Commando" on the back), and I just signed up for the lock-in myself.  Mainly, I just want more time to achievement whore on the Xbox I frequently play on.  However, we've got 10 copies of the game in the store right now, and I'm hoping we'll have some crazy ass multiplayer matches tonight.  I'll also more than likely start up on X-Men Origins Wolverine on Hard difficulty for some more achievement whoring action.  Does anyone know if your character progress from a previous playthrough carries over or not?  There were a lot of things I was in the process of finishing for achievements, but for some reason...I never actually ran across 2,000 enemies in one playthrough!!!  Weird...

Next month, I'll be taking my first REAL vacation in my life.  I'll be going to Perrysville, Ohio for a family reunion (my dad's side of the family), and I'm taking a week off to soak it all in.  To boot, we recently found out that my grandmother has breast cancer and will be losing her breast in the next week or so.  My feelings about that whole thing are a mixed bag.  Personally, for as spiteful of a person and as little of a shit as she gave about her grandchildren over the years, I think she deserves this Fate.  However, I feel bad for my dad throughout all this...because despite how bad both his mom and dad have treated him over all the years...it's still his mother, and I know that bond.  However, the bright side of things is that I'll get to meet my two newest cousins, one of which is already born (little Sean, he's fucking adorable!!!), and the other is on the way (but he's gone breech, so right now, we're all hoping that things turn out okay for my cousin Sarah).  I'll also get to revisit the place that I spent about 4 years of my childhood, and it's the first time in 20 years I've been back there.  There's a lot that could go wrong and piss me off, but it's also out in the middle of nowhere...which I hear is an EXCELLENT kind of place for a vacation.

Anyways, that'll do it for this episode.  Stay tuned next week, as we'll discuss the proper uses of different types of ground beef.  Have YOU been using the wrong meat/fat ratios for your burgers?  o.O  The things you might NOT know could shock you...

(no, I'm not kidding...I WILL be educating you fools on ground beef next week...)
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jakob187

WHAT A WEEK!!!

To start things off, I'm moving out of my apartment next week (the female roommate has become too much of a bitch to deal with), which is going to be a slight hassle.  Why?  Well, my birthday is next Friday, and while I never really do anything for my birthday besides sit around and feel old, this year is a bit different.  My only days off from work are Wednesdays and Thursdays, but next Thursday...as a small b-day present to myself...I'm heading to Dallas to see the live amazingness of Gojira and The Chariot.  I've seen The Chariot before, but I'm really only going for Gojira.  \,,,/  Nonetheless, this means that I've got Wednesday to move out of the apartment...which is cutting things a bit thin and close to the collar.  Oh well.

On the gaming side of life, I played through Bionic Commando and X-Men Origins Wolverine over the last four days or so.  Well, Bionic Commando took the four days of time.  My first playthrough was on Commando mode, the hardest setting, and it was definitely tough as nails.  My game save tells me I clocked in about 12 hours play time on it, which I'm satisfied with.  Some people have complained about the length of the game (lower difficulties have clocked in at about 6-8 hours supposedly).  Honestly, for what the game has to offer...which is basically swinging and shooting...I think BC would've ended up feeling too repetitive and thin if the game were any longer.  X-Men Origins Wolverine, on the other hand, took no time to blaze through...and while the game definitely has faults, it's just tough to not enjoy the Hell out of ripping doods apart.  Granted, the whole time I was playing, all I could think about was "this isn't like Wolverine at all"...and everything that isn't the combat sucks more chode than a starving $2.00 hooker...but then I stopped giving a shit when I realized that this game might just offer more brutality than even God of War.  Both of the games were damn well a satisfying experience for me.

I should be S-ranking Bionic Commando sometimes in the next week or two, and I'm hoping to at least get through the Hard mode and get a vast majority of the achievements on X-Men Origins Wolverine in the same amount of time.  Right now, I'm just waiting for Blockbuster to get copies of UFC 2009 Undisputed in.  = D

AND SPEAKING OF BIONIC COMMANDO:

TONIGHT IS THE BIONIC COMMANDO LAUNCH PARTY LOCK-IN AT LANSHARX!!!  WOOT WOOT!!!
TONIGHT IS THE BIONIC COMMANDO LAUNCH PARTY LOCK-IN AT LANSHARX!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
I'm already rockin' my Bionic Commando shirt (the logo on the front is complimented by the actual logo with the words "Bionic Commando" on the back), and I just signed up for the lock-in myself.  Mainly, I just want more time to achievement whore on the Xbox I frequently play on.  However, we've got 10 copies of the game in the store right now, and I'm hoping we'll have some crazy ass multiplayer matches tonight.  I'll also more than likely start up on X-Men Origins Wolverine on Hard difficulty for some more achievement whoring action.  Does anyone know if your character progress from a previous playthrough carries over or not?  There were a lot of things I was in the process of finishing for achievements, but for some reason...I never actually ran across 2,000 enemies in one playthrough!!!  Weird...

Next month, I'll be taking my first REAL vacation in my life.  I'll be going to Perrysville, Ohio for a family reunion (my dad's side of the family), and I'm taking a week off to soak it all in.  To boot, we recently found out that my grandmother has breast cancer and will be losing her breast in the next week or so.  My feelings about that whole thing are a mixed bag.  Personally, for as spiteful of a person and as little of a shit as she gave about her grandchildren over the years, I think she deserves this Fate.  However, I feel bad for my dad throughout all this...because despite how bad both his mom and dad have treated him over all the years...it's still his mother, and I know that bond.  However, the bright side of things is that I'll get to meet my two newest cousins, one of which is already born (little Sean, he's fucking adorable!!!), and the other is on the way (but he's gone breech, so right now, we're all hoping that things turn out okay for my cousin Sarah).  I'll also get to revisit the place that I spent about 4 years of my childhood, and it's the first time in 20 years I've been back there.  There's a lot that could go wrong and piss me off, but it's also out in the middle of nowhere...which I hear is an EXCELLENT kind of place for a vacation.

Anyways, that'll do it for this episode.  Stay tuned next week, as we'll discuss the proper uses of different types of ground beef.  Have YOU been using the wrong meat/fat ratios for your burgers?  o.O  The things you might NOT know could shock you...

(no, I'm not kidding...I WILL be educating you fools on ground beef next week...)
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

Sweet. I need to play X-Men and Bionic Commando because they both look pretty cool (not to mention easy achievements). Around 12 hours for BC on the hardest difficulty setting sounds like a fine length, and I need to get my hands on it somehow. This is the type of game I could probably find that a friend of mine has......

I can't wait until next week, when I learn about ground beef.....

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Nice shirt Jacob. Seriously, I like it. My Game-Fly copy of Bionic Commando should be arriving tomorrow... Although my great-grandmother died the other day, and her funeral's tomorrow. Such an inconvenience! Just kidding. She smoked constantly for 65 years, now that's commitment! Buy the way- have you seen Rooster Teeth turn Bionic Commando into a cock joke yet?

"Bionic Cum-ando"

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

You don't know what old is junior. I'm kidding, but you do look like a kid in a candy store in that picture... well if a kid could grow a beard.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jakob187
Claude said:
You don't know what old is junior. I'm kidding, but you do look like a kid in a candy store ... [more]
Actually, the more I look at that picture, I have a look of lust in my eyes and no visible hands...  I'm starting to question my picture-taking "skills"...

Also, this is me being a kid in a candy store...because I sit in front of a wall of candy all day.  I'm not fat by accident!!!

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

Game is awesome, beat it today on commando. Not the greatest ending ever, but totally awesome.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude
jakob187 said:
Claude said: You don't know what old is junior. I'm kidding, but you do look like a kid in a ... [more]
Damn... smoke 'em if you got 'em.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Tireyo

I would like to go to Portsmouth, Ohio someday.  I think one of my relatives lived there at one time. :)

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

The Wolverine Game sounds better than the movie for fuck's sake! I've actually been meaning to give it a rental for a while now, but UFC might push that back even further.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187
Everyones_A_Critic said:
The Wolverine Game sounds better than the movie for fuck's sake! I've actually been meaning to give it a rental ... [more]
Here's the way I can put it:  when you are fighting stuff in Wolverine, it's fucking awesome!  Super brutal, bloody, gory, violent...and completely unlike the Wolverine you know from the comics for the most part.  Everything else OUTSIDE of the combat...is horrible.  The analog controls even suck ass, for crying out loud!!!  The platforming sections are painful to experience, and even the other characters that show up in the game look pretty *ugh*.  Gambit has a Cajun accent, but he looks so stupid!!!  Also, I don't know why Omega Red is tied to the game at all on the Wiki page, because I never once saw Omega Red ANYWHERE in there...which was the reason I rented it in the first place!!!  I wanted to see how they would update Omega Red's look.  They also mess around with the story from the movie quite a bit, and of course, they work the Sentinels into the whole thing...as well as Mystique.  As a matter of fact, they even bring up Nightcrawler in the game...and how Wraith is the daddy and Mystique is pregnant during the whole Wolverine Origins stuff that's going on.  -_-  For anyone who happens to know ANYTHING about Nightcrawler's history...he's the son of Azazel...not John fucking Wraith.  BLASPHEMY OF THE HIGHEST LEVEL, GODDAMMIT!!!

If they were no blood, gore, and ridiculous over-the-top killing...the game would be completely worthless except for the 1,000 points, which don't seem to be much of a hassle to get (I should be S-ranking this hoe in the next two days or so).  Then again, I thoroughly despised and loathed the fucking movie...so eh.  The achievements aren't super tough, and it's worth playing through at least once, as it's probably one of the better licensed games you'll ever end up playing that doesn't involve the words "Chronicles of Riddick".

I really wanna play UFC after watching that Quick Look, but Hollywood and Blockbuster don't have it in yet...and I don't use Gamefly or anything like that.  SOOOO...me and another guy here at work are trying to get the owner to buy at least one copy for the store...especially since the only games we have that fit into that style are SvR 07 and 08.  We've had a lot of people asking about it.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Tireyo

Hey Jakob, nice beard!! :)

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By natetodamax

Remind me again as to why you have 8 Xbox 360s?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24
Voxel said:
Remind me again as to why you have 8 Xbox 360s?
He works at some game store. He actually sold all his other stuff.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive

hey those aren't words. 

and you are a crazy lookin dude. 
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Xandurson

Bionic Commando looks pretty fun but I will have to and see.