Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

20. Parasite Eve

Sony Playstation, 1998

No Caption Provided
Score one for Square actually making a different kind of RPG. The setting and story of Parasite Eve were actually pretty interesting, but it's definitely smokin' hot Aya Brea and the battle system that make it a worthy #20 (mostly the Aya).

19. Duke Nukem 3D

PC, 1996

No Caption Provided
I didn't end up playing this gem until it was ported to the PS1, in the form of "Total Meltdown." For the most part, it was a pretty solid version, complete with stipper nipples, one-liners, and a new scenario plug'n'prey. But fuck that version, when I played 3D shortly afterward with netcode I was blown away. Also want to give a big F you to the N64 version while I'm at it, since it was super-censored and nothing like Duke Nukem.

18. Chrono Cross

Sony Playstation, 2000

This game is particularly moving, and I've still never beaten it. Something about the concept of this parallel world where you no longer exist, and how upside-down different everything is. Very sad tones and a great musical score cement this game on my list. That and the super twist middle and ending! But I can't really talk about that.

17. Unreal Tournament

PC, 1999

No Caption Provided
My introduction to multiplayer deathmatch was about as good as it could be. The original Unreal Tournament had the perfect speed, weapons, map design and badditude (MONSTER KILL!) that still makes it the best in the series and one of the best MP Shooters of all time. In later installments they would go on to ruin the trajectory of the all-mighty flak cannon.

16. Resident Evil 2

Sony Playstation, 1998

No Caption Provided
RE1 was the first PS1 game I ever played/owned, but it was bested by its all-too-better sequel featuring Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield. All of the locations in this game are great, the viral story is just a hell of a lot better (William Burkin's many transformations come to mind), not to mention Mr. X. The alternate scenario featured this trench coat-clad man that pre-dated Nemesis and provided more scares than RE3.

Stay tuned in the near future (probably not tomorrow) for # 15-11!

Previous Entries:
#30-26
#25-21
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By lordofultima

20. Parasite Eve

Sony Playstation, 1998

No Caption Provided
Score one for Square actually making a different kind of RPG. The setting and story of Parasite Eve were actually pretty interesting, but it's definitely smokin' hot Aya Brea and the battle system that make it a worthy #20 (mostly the Aya).

19. Duke Nukem 3D

PC, 1996

No Caption Provided
I didn't end up playing this gem until it was ported to the PS1, in the form of "Total Meltdown." For the most part, it was a pretty solid version, complete with stipper nipples, one-liners, and a new scenario plug'n'prey. But fuck that version, when I played 3D shortly afterward with netcode I was blown away. Also want to give a big F you to the N64 version while I'm at it, since it was super-censored and nothing like Duke Nukem.

18. Chrono Cross

Sony Playstation, 2000

This game is particularly moving, and I've still never beaten it. Something about the concept of this parallel world where you no longer exist, and how upside-down different everything is. Very sad tones and a great musical score cement this game on my list. That and the super twist middle and ending! But I can't really talk about that.

17. Unreal Tournament

PC, 1999

No Caption Provided
My introduction to multiplayer deathmatch was about as good as it could be. The original Unreal Tournament had the perfect speed, weapons, map design and badditude (MONSTER KILL!) that still makes it the best in the series and one of the best MP Shooters of all time. In later installments they would go on to ruin the trajectory of the all-mighty flak cannon.

16. Resident Evil 2

Sony Playstation, 1998

No Caption Provided
RE1 was the first PS1 game I ever played/owned, but it was bested by its all-too-better sequel featuring Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield. All of the locations in this game are great, the viral story is just a hell of a lot better (William Burkin's many transformations come to mind), not to mention Mr. X. The alternate scenario featured this trench coat-clad man that pre-dated Nemesis and provided more scares than RE3.

Stay tuned in the near future (probably not tomorrow) for # 15-11!

Previous Entries:
#30-26
#25-21
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

Yes! Parasite Eve!

FEAR THE MITOCHONDRIA (lol)!

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

Well, I haven't played one of those games, but I liked Chrono Trigger, and I hated Unreal Tournament 2004.

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By KnightsofRound

I still need to get around to playing Chrono Cross.  Parasite Eve is something I also need to play one of these days.