Ughh GIANTBOMB has been ruined by ads...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nail1080

Anyone else feel a bit disgusted by all the adverts on giantbomb these days? One of the main attractions that drew me to the site is the fact it had no adverts but now the place seems to be spammed with stupid ads about some crappy comic site which I don't care about. Anyway, the lay out of the site used to be cool and clean, now it just looks messy and I have a feeling it's going to get worse. Ah well it was nice while it lasted eh?

*edit* - g word removed

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

There really isn't much of them to bother me. It's not like most sites and have them everywhere.

coolfurby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By coolfurby

Comicvine rules
Deal with it.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie
@nail1080 said:
" Anyone else feel a bit disgusted by all the adverts on giantbomb these days? One of the main attractions that drew me to the site is the fact it had no adverts but now the place seems to be spammed with stupid ads about some gay comic site which I don't care about. Anyway, the lay out of the site used to be cool and clean, now it just looks messy and I have a feeling it's going to get worse. Ah well it was nice while it lasted eh? "
You use the word "gay" which makes me ignore your opinion all together and the adverts for comicvine are quite good. Comic vine also has ads for Giant bomb on their site and they have dave and drew. Comic vine was also made with  whiskey media so its kinda like a family of websites helping each other out
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138

Lol your angry at these ads ? Go to gamespot or Gametrailers . Giantbomb is waaaaay better for there ads

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nail1080
@Kaveman said:
" Comicvine rulesDeal with it. "
Comics and videogames don't mix

Oh and my bad about using the 'g' word, but I just think that everything to do with comics is just a bit 'g'
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Karmum

It isn't like the adverts are plastered before you even enter the website, or while you're browsing the forums. They are placed in convenient locations, and they are pretty amusing and nice to look at. Most of them are cross-promotion, so you'll see Comic-Vine advertising here, and advertising Giant Bomb over there.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Kazona

1. They're sister sites so some cross promotion is always good.
2. The ads you are so disgusted about don't even take up a tenth of the page
3. You're whining.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
@Pie: Well said.  Few cases the serious Pie shines like a Knight.  :)

I don't get why people are complaining about ads.  I haven't seen a single ad on this site since the full year I've been here.
fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By fallen_elite

All of those "ads" you are seeing are Giant Bomb Ads. Comic Vine is the sister site of GB. Same with the iPhone app ads.

chmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chmod

I've yet to notice an ad.

Despite this, ads result in money which the Giant Bomb guys can use to make their site even better. I wouldn't have any problem with Giant Bomb putting ads on their site.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pie
@KaosAngel: YAY I WINZ DA PHOENIXS APPROVAL BRAP!!!
Just make me the main character in your damn game.......
Avatar image for risingsunset7890
risingsunset7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By risingsunset7890

You mean that one ComicVine ad on the right side? Or that GiantBomb iPhone App ad?

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nail1080
@fallen_elite said:
" All of those "ads" you are seeing are Giant Bomb Ads. Comic Vine is the sister site of GB. Same with the iPhone app ads. "
Sister site? So what? Why should I care or need to know this? I come to giantbomb to read about videogames. Not to be linked to some lame comic book site. The fact that the sites are related has nothing to do with it, in fact if anything it just makes it kind of sadder that their name is spammed all over giantbomb
phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By phlegms

Nope, they havent bothered me at all.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By KaosAngel

No Caption Provided

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By mikevanpwn
@KaosAngel said:
" @Pie: Well said.  Few cases the serious Pie shines like a Knight.  :)I don't get why people are complaining about ads.  I haven't seen a single ad on this site since the full year I've been here. "
There hasn't been many.  Gears of War 2 and Tekken 6 are the only ones I can recall.  Now there is the Whiskey Media Adverts.

OP, you know that Giantbomb does need to pay the bills, they can't keep the site free of advertising and expect to make money on a site that doesn't have any membership fees.
evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By evilhomer

how can you hate on dave being dressed up in a superhero outfit

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By fallen_elite
@nail1080 said:
" @fallen_elite said:
" All of those "ads" you are seeing are Giant Bomb Ads. Comic Vine is the sister site of GB. Same with the iPhone app ads. "
Sister site? So what? Why should I care or need to know this? I come to giantbomb to read about videogames. Not to be linked to some lame comic book site. The fact that the sites are related has nothing to do with it, in fact if anything it just makes it kind of sadder that their name is spammed all over giantbomb "
Then why don't you go to IGN or Gamespot where ads make up the whole background of pages? GB ads are hardly noticeable and if they bother you so much then just don't visit the site. It's not like you are forced to click on them.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pie
@KaosAngel: Is that me in your game then?
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nail1080
@mikevanpwn said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Pie: Well said.  Few cases the serious Pie shines like a Knight.  :)I don't get why people are complaining about ads.  I haven't seen a single ad on this site since the full year I've been here. "
There hasn't been many.  Gears of War 2 and Tekken 6 are the only ones I can recall.  Now there is the Whiskey Media Adverts.

OP, you know that Giantbomb does need to pay the bills, they can't keep the site free of advertising and expect to make money on a site that doesn't have any membership fees.
"
Ummm the staff's pay cheque is not my concern, I'll gladly move to another awesome site with no adverts if one ever comes about, because the more giantbomb is spammed with ads the lamer it is
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By suneku

This site belongs to them, so they can advertise whatever they want. There are probably other places with no advertising. Good luck finding one.