What do you want or expect in Gears of War 3?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Afroman269

Gears 3 will eventually happen whether or not it will be announced next year no one knows. So what do you expect will be in the third? I'm not sure bigger more badass will be the answer because Gears 2 went over the top. My only hope is that the controls will be closer to that of Gears 1 because I found Gears 2 to feel slow. Also it would be nice if the online will have a better matchmaking system that will cut down on laggy games.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I hope they take everything Gears 2 did and even more.  A lot of people were always bringing up Contra in terms of Gears 2 and I think they should take that even further.  Bigger bosses, even more variety (Gears 2 had enough IMO), lots of diversity in gameplay and not so much taking cover and popping and shooting over and over like in Gears 1.

Yea they'll probably try to make Gears 3 both good in MP and SP, but if I were in charge I'd strip the MP for a super long and fantastic SP experience.  Coop of course is fine because it's pretty tied to the GoW experience, just not competitive MP, I have no interest in that.

XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By XxBarretxX

i hope the online works, it took like half a year for gears 2 to work and when I get my xbox I expect that sh!t to work!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

climbing and jumping like uncharted 2.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By carlthenimrod

Don't know if they'll do it. But I would like to see 4 player co-op thru the story. I mean the game has 4 characters anyways.

Also, Cliffy B. Carmine. The third Carmine brother.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Bennyishere

Biggerer, Betterer and more Badasser

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By fuzzyponken

I expect it'll only be on 360 and I'll never play it. 

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By ez123

Better boss fights and more weapons.  I don't expect dedicated servers but I hope it happens. 

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Burns098356GX

The last bit of 2 felt a bit rushed, i hope they remember it this time around.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentofChaos
@Burns098356GX said:
" The last bit of 2 felt a bit rushed, i hope they remember it this time around. "
Well at first I was going to disagree with you, but when I really thought about it both games had glaring issues that occur when a game is rushed to release.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By Icemael

What I want: 

• Less restrictive controls. Gears of War 2's controls were really sluggish; I'd like to see something closer to Dead Space.
  • About the Brumak/Reaver riding sequences... the thing with sequences like these is that if they aren't absolutely and utterly perfect, they just end up being annoying, which is exactly what happened in Gears 2. If there are plans to include these kinds of sequences in Gears 3, either make sure they're flawless or just... well, scrap them.
  • More color. The gray, war-torn ruins/caves look fantastic, but when the entire game is like that, it becomes too much. Hell, even the trees in Gears 2 looked gray.
  • Better story. I'm not asking for Mass Effect, but for Christ's sake, at least try to make it somewhat bearable. I honestly can't think of anything that could have made the story and characters in Gears 2 worse.
  • Better finale. The last minutes of Gears 2... to call them terrible would be an understatement. It's like they didn't even try -- and they probably didn't.

What I expect: 
  • OMG DUAL WIELDING LANCERS!!! DOUBLE CHAINSAW BATTLES!!! TOTALLY AWESOME BRO!!!
  • ROCK WORM RIDING DUDE GRAAAAH!!!
  • BROTASTIC STORY DUDE!!! DOM, PISSED AFTER WHAT HAPPENS TO HIS WIFE, IS NOW EVEN MORE MOTIVATED TO KILL GRUBS!!! THAT'S LIKE TOTALLY DEEP CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, AMIRITE?!?!!! AMIRITE?!?!!!
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By fripplebubby
@Diamond said:
, but if I were in charge I'd strip the MP for a super long and fantastic SP experience.   

Agreed. The competitive MP for Gears looked good, but could never really hold up to the SP (imo). I say change it radically or screw it and give us one really, really good campaign.
xstex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xstex

If its as good as the other two I'll be happy, if its better I'll be very happy.

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By r0k1ll

I hope they keep the pacing of Gears 2, but the scariness, tension, and controls of 1. Also, make the mp have better matchmaking, like COD or Halo, and add respawning in Deathmatch. Also 4 player coop FTW (or switch Dom for Cole in 2 player coop)

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Afroman269
@Icemael: The feel of the controls in Gears 2 was also one of main problems. The shotgun felt like shit compared to how it felt in Gears 1.
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Slippy
@Bennyishere said:
"Biggerer, Betterer and more Badasser "

Damn you.. this.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By toowalrus

More random Duke Nukem quotes. Or random toasters. Man, I don't know, I'm totally interested in playing more gears, even if it is just more polished up Gears 2 with a new story.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Burns098356GX
@AgentofChaos said:
" @Burns098356GX said:
" The last bit of 2 felt a bit rushed, i hope they remember it this time around. "
Well at first I was going to disagree with you, but when I really thought about it both games had glaring issues that occur when a game is rushed to release. "
I dont think they were rushed, (didnt gears 2 get pushed back a couple weeks? maybe not) I just thought they tried to do something with Gears 2 (Brumak riding) that just seemed wierd for a final level thing, it just made it seem that the ending was rushed. It would have fit alot better earlier in the game.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Remove the color (less red!) and make it bleak again or at least have the different color presets again.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By rjayb89

DOUBLE CHAINSAW BAYONETS.  DUAL-WIELD PISTOLS WITH CHAINSAWS.  GRENADES THAT EXPLODE INTO... CHAINSAWS.  I've only played the first one, by the way.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By yetiantics

JUST MAKE AN ONLINE MODE THAT WORKS!!!!!! >< 

thats all i want. i could give 2 shits about story and what not...
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Afroman269
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" Remove the color (less red!) and make it bleak again or at least have the different color presets again. "
Similar to that of Gears 1?
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Afroman269 said:

" @ThePhantomnaut said:

" Remove the color (less red!) and make it bleak again or at least have the different color presets again. "
Similar to that of Gears 1? "
Yeah. It felt a bit uneasy for me to either see blue or red being too dominant in the game. Even on the vibrant setting, the first one had a much balanced palette.
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By clubsandwich
@Bennyishere said:
" Biggerer, Betterer and more Badasser "
damn you!!! :B

this.

and an actual final boss fight, a longer campaign, more badass guns and new executions, add more color, seriously, I hate when games lack color. :B
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By jonnyboy

4 player co-op would be nice. 

Oh and more triple hearted giant worms.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By ZenaxPure

3 things: 

I  wish they could somehow recapture the "magic" of the first games campaign, don't get me wrong I really liked the campaign in the second game, but the first game had some really clever stuff in it. I loved the levels where you had to shoot cans to active light so you could continue progressing through the level, or pushing cars the right amount to use them as better cover and so on. Gears 2 felt more like it was holding my hand on an epic ride rather than me actually feel like I was surviving on my own.

I want them to come up with a deeper online system for leveling, somehow. My only problem with Gears 2 online is after playing other games like Bad Company and the CoD 4 and beyond is that I really missed all the unlockables and perks and stuff along that line. I can't imagine the best way to approach it without making the online feel totally different but I know looking back at all my time spent on Gears 2 compared to other online games I feel like I did less in Gears 2 despite the fact I know I played it far longer.

Lastly and most importantly FFS Epic stop doing retarded stuff with achievements, GoW obviously had some really stupid stuff (100 kills in online ranked matches with basically every gun, 10,000 kills total, etc) I thought they had fixed this with GoW2 given how well crafted the original 1000 points were but then the new leveling system and snowblind maps come out and they think it's a cool story to have an achievement for hitting level 100 and winning games on certain maps in public matches, which is annoying as hell considering how specific maps always get voted away. I am only level 44 and it is mostly thanks to the triple xp week where I managed to more than double my level (Though I will admit I played a good 1000 rounds or more of wingman before they implemented the new leveling system so who knows what level I would be if that stuff was there from the start).

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By Mushir

I'm expecting chainsaws and guns. Maybe even chainsawguns.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dan_CiTi
@Bennyishere said:
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pinkshley1

A Carmine that lives.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bubahula
@Dan_CiTi said:
" @Bennyishere said:
"
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Online that isn't laggy or have glitches. I can deal with weapon imbalances but when a game is so laggy and glitchy, it just completely ruins the experience which is what happened with Gears of War 2. The Single-Player was fine though.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By Djeffers03

bigger guns

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By Green_Incarnate

The ability to ride beastmounts.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By xMP44x

Personally, I'd like to see a good final part to the story. I'd like it to wrap up any loose ends with the story, with new weapons, and some new species of Locust / Lambent Locust. The multiplayer doesn't concern me too much - if the shotgun is toned down from being the go to weapon, and it wasn't as laggy, then I think I'm done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Start the game from scratch. If not, the game and the mechanics that it carries will continue to bring bugs, animation hindrances, lag problems, and chainsaw glitches. They have to make the series more fluid and dynamic, instead of focusing on scripted animation sequences whenever you press the A button.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jmrwacko

I expect a 5 hour singleplayer campaign and laggy, buggy multiplayer with a 10 player cap. I want something better than the crapfest that was GoW2.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SeriouslyNow

FIRST PERSON View as an option.  I really hated playing both GoW from their faux third person views.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jmrwacko
@SeriouslyNow said:
"FIRST PERSON View as an option.  I really hated playing both GoW from their faux third person views. "

Really? I consider staring at the back of a sweaty, steroid-pumped gun-wielding macho man a pro, not a con. Then again, I've always had uneven sexual preferences.
Strongbadman47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Strongbadman47

Better chainsaw bayonets. It's like peanut butter and chocolate!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40  Edited By natetodamax

A multiplayer component that's actually playable without extreme amounts of frustration.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

Duel wield shotguns that have chainsaws and shoot chainsaws the shoot chainsaws that shoot chainsaw the shoot bullets that shoot exploding chainsaws.
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheFreeMan

Multiplayer that isn't fucking broken. And if it is broken, for them to actually fix it with the updates.

A campaign that's as good as the last, but got a better ending/boss than the last one.

I'd be happy with that.