What game do you wish you could experience all over again?

• 177 results
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By NathHaw

Xenogears

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#102  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Final Fantasy VII. I know that's going to draw the ire of just about every obnoxious anti-FF7 person out there, but oh well. That game turned me from a mild gaming enthusiast to an addict practically overnight.

I also really wish I could relive some of my college moments with games, particularly when I hooked a friend on Dark Cloud 2 and we spent a preposterous amount of time on the golfing and fishing mini-games.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Cramsy

Oblivion or SM64

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Journey because holy shit, guys.

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By SavageM2

Hmm. I would say:

Super Smash Brothers. 64 - Playing that with friends was an awesome experience.

Same goes for Conker's Bad Fur Day and Halo:CE

Metal Gear Solid 3

Resident Evil 4 - Man, I honestly didn't really know what to expect when I first got it. I was blown away, and have played it many times since.

Really now that I think about it Guitar Hero. I loved that game. The first time playing it and getting better at it was a blast.

supermariobrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By supermariobrah
@Jay_Ray: Shenmue 1 was my favorite game for a long time(until this generation of consoles).  I remember playing the hell out of it, it seemed like such a long and personal journey to be in a game.  Also, talk about immersion in a game.  Playable arcade games, buying toys, all of these things really add to the game.  I didn't get the same sensation from number 2, but number 1 was a game that I cannot forget.  If you haven't played the Yakuza series, give it a try.  It is a spiritual successor to Shenmue in many ways and is a great series on its own. 
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#107  Edited By asurastrike

Red Dead Redemption or Demon's Souls

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By FilipHolm

@MariachiMacabre said:

Journey because holy shit, guys.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Harkat

The first Mass Effect. That game had a special, detached mood that resonated infinitely with me. From the melancholic, mysterious sci-fi tones of the soundtrack (Which in the later games was replaced by more generic, epic orchestral music) to the intriguing skyline of Feros with gigantic citadel ruins stretching into the distance, the sense of scale and adventure, to THAT conversation with Sovereign and THAT conversation with Vigil, the mood and emotions of Mass Effect 1 simply hit me in a special way.

To be honest though, I'm not sure I'd want to play it for the first time now. I think I played it at the perfect age and level of maturity, a lot of the ideas which aren't so novel to me now seemed cutting-edge to me at the time.

EDIT: Also Braid.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Harkat

@hawkinson76 said:

@notdavid said:

I wish I could play Portal without any idea of what type of game it was. Not just the twist at the end. I wish I didn't even know that game had god damn portals.

this

I was lucky enough to play it while knowing virtually nothing about it. I'd seen screenshots of white, tiled rooms and the picture on the box that had turrets pointing lasers into portals, but that's it. It was insanely cool discovering the story and "cake is a lie" rooms, long before they had become iconic memes. I wish you guys could have that experience too.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

Final Fantasy VII. I know that's going to draw the ire of just about every obnoxious anti-FF7 person out there, but oh well.

There is no need to say that, unless, of course, you want people to react to your statement about FFVII.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By Akeldama

Dark Souls

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By RockAction

a lot of good answers i'd agree with in this thread

i think my list would be;

portal

half life 2

assassins creed 2

metal gear solid 2

the first two because of how the world / story unfolds before you and the second two because of how great the game is up until the end where they just take it somewhere I would never expect

i'll add red dead redemption because i didn't enjoy it and look at it now and impressions of it and wish i could go through it again and play it differently, i think i would just roll around the world more instead of playing it like a game and hitting objectives, some of the characters / missions ruined the world for me

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#114  Edited By Seppli
Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I dont think anything will top playing FF7 on my new PSX in 1999. Went from Kings Quest to that.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#117  Edited By gamefreak9
CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By CaLe

Red Dead Redemption

The first couple of days of WoW

The feeling I had when first playing Counter-Strike

Any Hitman game

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#119  Edited By Deranged

Red Dead Redemption: What a spectacular game, easily the best setting ever created for a video-game. The characters were brilliant, the gameplay was sharp, the world engaging and the graphics were spectacular.

The Walking Dead: I hate Telltale games, not the developers themselves but the game design. Despite this, I've been reading the comic since it began and I love the show. I decided to give the game a shot and wow... just wow. Was I ever wrong. The game blew my expectations away with a wildly engaging story-line branching from both comics and television. The characters were brilliantly written and easily relatable and you weren't forced to like them.

Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3: All brilliant games with spectacular stories of their own and easily the most engaging characters and settings.

Gears of War trilogy

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Karl_Boss

Deadly Premonition comes to mind.

Kear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Kear

Planescape: Torment

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Morrow
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By BBQBram

GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, BioShock, Metal Gear Solid, The Wind Waker. Those are the ones.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#124  Edited By psykhophear

Great list and well described.

For me, it would have to be Grim Fandango. It's my all time favorite game and I would play it every chance I get. The thing I regret the most about Grim is that I played the game from start to finish with the walkthrough. As soon as I finished it, I felt really bad because I felt like I didn't accomplish anything. Using the walkthrough took the challenge off from the experience and though I can play Grim from beginning to end flawlessly, it feels so empty and incomplete. I wish I could have an amnesia from playing Grim Fandango so that I can finally play it properly.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By superpow

Deadly Premonition, Portal, and Fallout 3

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By penguindust

Mmm, probably Dragon Age Origins. Just thinking about this question made me debate whether or not I should re-install it on my PC again.

J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By J0n3s1
  • Mass Effect (the whole series). Those games are just so well executed from all perspectives!
  • Red Dead Redemption. There have been games set in the wild west before but this game just gets it right.
InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#128  Edited By InfiniteSpark

Super Mario RPG and Skies of Arcadia. I want to see if these games can repeat the immense joy that I remember having when I played those games back then.

Kingfalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Kingfalcon

Portal 2.

Journey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Bioshock and Persona 3

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By MeierTheRed

KOTOR, Another World, Flashback, Wings of Fury, Worms, Sonic, Mario. There are plenty.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By deox
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • TES: Morrowind
  • Super Mario 64
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Half-Life 1
  • Perfect Dark
  • Mass Effect 1 and 2
  • Portal 2
TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Super Meat Boy.

I may now have like 50 peptic ulcers and other things, but that sense of achievement I got from finally beating the final boss was amazing. If I could experience it all anew, I would, even the rage.

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By iBePeRFeCT
  • KOTOR
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Portal 1 and 2
  • Mass Effect
  • Dragon Age: Origins

Also, probably The Witcher 1 and 2. I think I may and go back and play through some of these now.

Crypt135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Crypt135

Unreal Tournament 2004

Crysis

Cold Winter

Original WoW (first mmo)

WoW: The Burning Crusade

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By InternetCrab

The Secret of Monkey Island and Serious Sam: The First Encounter. Those two games are magical.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By flasaltine

To the Moon

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Portal 2 and Fallout 3

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Sbaitso

Dark Souls is probably pretty up there. Along with probably the entire Metal Gear Solid series, FF7 because I've never finished it and at this point probably never will, but if I had never started, just maybe..Original Quake and Doom, most of the adventure games I've played, since you can only really experience them fully once, Super Meat Boy, a few open world games, especially GTA4, Burnout: Paradise, and if I had to pick a single Elder Scrolls game, probably Skyrim, but that's a hard pick. I have more but I'm gonna cut it there. I actually am surprised at how many games I found myself thinking of.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#140  Edited By me3639

Tough question, but it would be close with Bioshock, RDR, or Fallout 3.

After reading and thinking more i concur with some other crazy people and have to add Dark Souls. I dont agree with the extreme difficulty, but it may be the most rewarding experience i have had from a game.

supermariobrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By supermariobrah
@Crypt135: I remember playing through Cold Winter some time after it had released.  It had a pretty good story that made it stick out a lot more than most FPS games at the time.  I always wonder why it didn't receive more acclaim.  Same with Breakdown, a game mentioned earlier in this thread.
kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By kermoosh

star wars battlefront 1 and 2, halo 1 and 2, half life 2, red dead redemption

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#143  Edited By Giantstalker

The first time I played Battlefield 1942, it completely changed the way I looked at games. What was capable, the scope of it all, large numbers of combatants, and just the general sense of empowering the player. You could jump into a goddamn battleship with the press of a button! It also marked the shift where I began to spend way more time in online multiplayer than any kind of singleplayer. Good times...

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#144  Edited By ajamafalous

BioShock
Saints Row: The Third

I know there are others because this is a relatively common topic that my friends and I discuss but I can't think of any of them right now.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ComradeKhan
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

If you can't enjoy it to an almost exact degree as the first time it probably wasn't that good to begin with.

You know you don't really believe that... and even if you do believe that enjoyment doesn't differ from one playthrough to the next - experiences do. He asked what game you wish you could "experience" all over again (not "enjoy" all over again) and it would literally be impossible to have the same experience while playing through a game the second time. 
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@ComradeKhan said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

If you can't enjoy it to an almost exact degree as the first time it probably wasn't that good to begin with.

You know you don't really believe that... and even if you do believe that enjoyment doesn't differ from one playthrough to the next - experiences do. He asked what game you wish you could "experience" all over again (not "enjoy" all over again) and it would literally be impossible to have the same experience while playing through a game the second time.

You are so wise in the ways of science.

I'm forced to agree I suppose.

monster9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#147  Edited By monster9999

Chibi robo, nothing more needs to be said

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ComradeKhan
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

@ComradeKhan said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

You are so wise in the ways of science.

I'm forced to agree I suppose.

Sorry. I don't mean to nitpick so much, i'm just trying point out that the OP had a different meaning than what you were getting at in regards to enjoyment.
Redhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Redhorn

Metal Gear Solid 3, no contest. What a rush.

Runner up: Persona 4, Endurance Run edition.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ComradeKhan
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
Mass Effect 1, or World of Warcraft.
This... Mass Effect 1 is truly a classic and the recent release of ME3 had me flashing back to how much i loved it when i was just getting to know Shepard and his universe. However World of Warcraft is definitely the right answer for me and i never would have thought to say it either (so thank you for bringing it to mind). I've often thought of how magical it was to play through for the first time and what it was like in those early days when I was leveling my first character and meeting new people in a community that was still young. I had dabbled in a few betas prior but WoW was really my first MMO and i was hooked immediately making it a part of my daily routine (sometimes all day of course). After an absurd amount of time played i eventually stopped playing and haven't been back since but I don't look back on those day in regret or shame and dismiss it as a dark time of junk food and loot lust (like many do). Instead i look back and see the golden age of a great game wishing i was a noob all over again when all I cared about was killing kobolds for their candles and had yet to see Van Cleef or even witness Stormwind for the first time.