What game do you wish you could experience all over again?

• 177 results
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#151  Edited By Little_Socrates

Too many to list here. Persona 4, Deadly Premonition, Fez, Journey, BioShock, The Ocarina of Time (simply to reevaluate it, 'cause I hate it now,) Pokémon Blue, Resident Evil 4, and Metal Gear Solid 3 all come to mind. The ones that didn't come out this year and aren't Ocarina of Time are most of my favorite games ever, though. I'd like to have another go at the Mass Effect franchise and The Witcher 2 some day, but I'm certainly not in a place where I'd want to play those games again now. Especially Witcher 2, I really don't like that game, despite my respect for its quality.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By NekuCTR

Shadow of the Colossus as well. Still the best bosses in video game history, both in design and experience. Every time you meet a new one it is a revelation.

KaramonD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By KaramonD

Original Fallout. The Monkey Island remakes were great. King's Quest VI. Original Legend of Zelda.

John_Lawlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By John_Lawlz

Jet Set Radio.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By frankfartmouth

Shadow of the Colossus. I absolutely loved the ending to that game, it was so dark and mysterious and unexpected and meaningful. I've played through the game 3 or 4 times since then, and while I still love the whole experience, I'll never be able to replicate that "wow" moment at the end again.

KOTOR would be in there too. And maybe Ghouls 'n Ghosts for the Genesis. That was my first 16 bit system and first game for it when I was a kid. Got it for Christmas and spent the whole day playing it with my brother in my room, completely sucked in. Just one of those personal gaming moments that stuck.

dbene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By dbene

Ok.....Metroid and Zelda are the first two that come to mind. They literally changed my view of the world and def. toward Video games. Nothing in the SuperNES era rocked my world they way those two did. During the PS era ...I would say that the original Tomb Raider and Resident Evil and FF7 I would love to experience again.

This gen....the first thing that comes to mind is Bioshock and Mass Effect.

Soniking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#157  Edited By Soniking

Fez.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Also I remember getting GTA 4 at midnight and playing that for 13 hours straight, that was awesome as no gameplay had been shown before release.

Sporkbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Sporkbane

1. Escape Velocity Override

2. Dark Castle

3. Homeworld

4. Bioshock

5. KOTOR

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#160  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@ZeForgotten said:

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. I just picked it up because it sounded good when I read all the fancy text on the back of the box. One of my favorite games.

This is a surprisingly solid choice. I might concur. I wonder how it holds up. I played it on PC (I think?) at release. Other than the wacky ass ending it was a fantastic game.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By maxszy

Fable 2 would definitely fall in this category. I've always called it "Pure Fun" as far as my experience with it was. It was wonderful. Still great the second and third time, but not quite the same. That has to be my choice.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#162  Edited By C0V3RT

The first game that came to mind was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. It doesn't hold up over time but at the time, the way it broke the 4th wall blew my mind. The insanity effects were something I've yet to experience any place else. Booting up your game and making you think your memory card went corrupt...brilliant!

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#163  Edited By MrSlapHappy

Final Fantasy VII, I love and loved that game. I came back to it countless times, playing for short spurts or way into the late game. I wish I could go back and start it over fresh again. Now I play it with the same rote precision each time because I have been through it each time and I know which parts I like best and where the challenge spikes are. Example: "I need to use Cloud's Braver limit break as much as I can early on, so I will have Cross-Slash by the time I get to the top of Shinra tower and that makes the fight against the President easier" and "I need to hoard grenades for the Elevator fight because I won't have enough MP for the guys who aren't Barrett to do damage." You never get "Oh shit, I don't have anything that does fire damage" reactions mid-boss fight when you are on your 6th play through.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#164  Edited By Seppli

@gamefreak9 said:

Probably FF8!

@Seppli said:

Singleplayer : Tie between Final Fantasy VI and Secret of Mana

Multiplayer : Battlefield : Bad Company

Massively Online Multiplayer : World of Warcraft : The Burning Crusade

Why TBC? U prefered it over Lich king?

Because that's when I was the most crazy about WoW. And because shit was still real back then. Like actual tough as nails questchains to unlock higher tier raid instances. Before Blizzard decided that an endgame built for the 1% of the truely hardcore players isn't profitable and bad business. And hard fights were hard because they were hard. It's not like you inflicted brokenly hard encounters onto yourself by turning on hardmodes, it just was hard - you didn't have a choice.

I chose easy, if given a choice... and easy is not hard enough to please me longterm. Quite the conundrum - I know. Blame the Human Condition.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#165  Edited By cstrang

Bioshock.

Ragnarok512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Ragnarok512

Amnesia, definitely. It's probably the only horror game I've played all the way through. I'm kind of a wimp, but that game was very fun and scary.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By GunnBjorn

Resident Evil 2. Also, The Dark Eye on PC. A game based on the stories of E.A. Poe.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#168  Edited By fishmicmuffin

Dark Souls for me. Nothing can compare to my first time through that game. Exploring and discovering things for the first time was a hell of a lot of fun.

Blackhebrew2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#169  Edited By Blackhebrew2

Call of Duty 4, because I've played it to death but would love to play it fresh again, I've never have deep emotional attachment to a game.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Jrinswand

I would say Morrowind, but I already experienced that over again when I played it a year or two ago with about a billion mods. It may still be my favorite Elder Scrolls game.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#171  Edited By NMC2008

Every single one, seriously, from NES to today, but if that's too broad a scope, I would say Lost Odyssey, Bioshock, Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2(playing this now for the second time), Mortal Kombat, Guitar Hero/DJ Hero series, Beautiful Katamari, the Naruto games(Ubisoft's and UNS), the Batman games, & LA Noire.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Ghostiet

Red Dead Redemption and Mother 3, I guess. Perfect example on how to do a linear game.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Cubidog1

Anything involving Metal Gear Solid, also Batman Arkham Asylum and City. All had such great stories.

supermariobrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By supermariobrah

I have seen it mentioned on the thread a few times, and it was a game I somehow managed to overlook in making the thread, but Pokemon Blue is a game I wish I could experience for the first time again.  It was the first RPG I played as a kid, and it blew my mind at the time.  Looking at it now, it looks like an incredibly simple game.  However, when I remember the game as being this beautiful world full of areas to explore and Pokemon to capture.  I remember beating the Elite 4 for the first time like I remember graduation from elementary school, it was simply that important at the time.  I didn't play another Pokemon game past the first generation, and I don't know why because I loved the original game.  I am wondering what it would be like to go back and play it now, oh nostalgia.  

Amukasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Amukasa

I agree with so many of the choices listed but..... -zelda 1.... First game I fell in love with! -super sf2..... Walked out of my college class when I heard it was released that day. -ultima online.... Mmo term wasn't coined yet and death was truly punishable. Only mmo with tension. -battlefield 1942.... This is what virtual war shoul be like. -Mario 64.... Sweet sweet polygons.... I love u

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past: Easily my most favorite of every game. The graphics were amazingly beautiful and was a rather lengthy game where not only you got the 3 pendants, and the 7 triforce pieces, but a second dark world... much different from the light though same layout. The music was beautiful and is endless. I never get sick of any of it. Many dynamics are used: sound triggered enemies, digging, song playing with flying bird for quick travel, time travel (well world travel), mini games, all elements used, story line, etc.

Number two is a recent game for me which is Bioshock. EPIC game. Love the music, easily the first thing I noticed upon playing. The graphics are amazing as I love this genre of style. The circus of values, though persistent never gets old. I LOVE the story line. I'm completely hooked right now in anticipation to play Bioshock 2... which I got yesterday.

And lastly Maniac mansion. Granted the first time I played this I was maybe 6 years old. Obviously I never completed the game at this time but the idea that this is one of the first point and click games, set the bar for upcoming pnc games. It was groundbreaking for the NES. The story line is in depth and mini cut scenes at random moments during game play. The ability of using a multitude of characters and each one having their own fears/abilities changes the game play most times... multiple endings and the ever loveable Purple Tentacle bent on world destruction!

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#177  Edited By bobafettjm

I would have to say Secret of Mana and Suikoden. Both of these games blew me away when I first played them. I still enjoy playing through them to this day, but it never even compares to that first time.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By ComradeKhan

Alan Wake

RainbowRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers