What I think I see: Modern Warfare 2 teaser.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Alexander

If you head over to modernwarfare2.com you will see the trailer exactly as intended - that is with the ability to pause and then zoom at any point to try and get as much info out of the trailer as humanly possible. And with CoD4 being my favourite game I did just that.

The trailer shows 3 Russian terrorists wearing suits posing as Americans, they enter an elevator at an international airport - maybe Russian as there are Russian signs, there is an English speaking woman over the speaker. They load up with guns you see one pistol and one automatic. One terrorist reminds the others to not speak Russian, they get to airport security. Here above the security check you see a sign in russian and to the right a set of symbols. One of which is without doubt the "stopping power" perk. So the assumption is that the others are new perks or kill streak rewards. (apart from the one at the end right)

Then they start shooting. Then a shit load of stuff starts flashing on screen, which is where the pause and frame-by-frame feature comes in where you see fighter jets, what looks like the front of a train/tram/bus, US spec ops leaning out of a chopper with guns, a snowy envornment with mountain ranges, some dude parachuting, on-board a plane, a guy swimming underwater...

a crane which suggests a construction site, a submarine that is docked. Someone tell me what this is:

Looks like a dude on the ground or something?

There's a guy wearing body armour holding an AK-47 (1:23.02), you see Black Hawks, tanks

You actually see this twice, once earlier and I though it was something else. It's more clear here and looks just like the Cristo Redentor in Brazil. (1:24.08)

You see a vehicle being airlifted, more dudes diving, another blackhawk.

A teddy

An airfield or an air carrier, a spy drone, an unmistakable oil rig, a village on the side of a mountain, another crane and what looks like a castle type building. So what can this all mean...?

- there will be a mission where you are underwater with a team?
- you will fight in Brazil which means a totally new environment?
- you'll fight on an oil rig?
- in a castle?
- in a submarine?
- in an airport?
- you will fight as US delta force? (There were some choppers in there that delta force use)
- you will fight Russians?
- the story will be about Russian terrorists infiltrating friendly territory?
- what are those new perks?

I didn't see any sign of the SAS - and by damn I want the SAS back, I want Price to be back also. Now I'll head into uni and do some work.

What did other people see? Has Gametrailers already put up a fram-by-frame analysis which will make my blog redundant? That is the question...

Track of the Week #6

This is by MSTRKRFT. Called Easy Love - just like me. :D

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Alexander

If you head over to modernwarfare2.com you will see the trailer exactly as intended - that is with the ability to pause and then zoom at any point to try and get as much info out of the trailer as humanly possible. And with CoD4 being my favourite game I did just that.

The trailer shows 3 Russian terrorists wearing suits posing as Americans, they enter an elevator at an international airport - maybe Russian as there are Russian signs, there is an English speaking woman over the speaker. They load up with guns you see one pistol and one automatic. One terrorist reminds the others to not speak Russian, they get to airport security. Here above the security check you see a sign in russian and to the right a set of symbols. One of which is without doubt the "stopping power" perk. So the assumption is that the others are new perks or kill streak rewards. (apart from the one at the end right)

Then they start shooting. Then a shit load of stuff starts flashing on screen, which is where the pause and frame-by-frame feature comes in where you see fighter jets, what looks like the front of a train/tram/bus, US spec ops leaning out of a chopper with guns, a snowy envornment with mountain ranges, some dude parachuting, on-board a plane, a guy swimming underwater...

a crane which suggests a construction site, a submarine that is docked. Someone tell me what this is:

Looks like a dude on the ground or something?

There's a guy wearing body armour holding an AK-47 (1:23.02), you see Black Hawks, tanks

You actually see this twice, once earlier and I though it was something else. It's more clear here and looks just like the Cristo Redentor in Brazil. (1:24.08)

You see a vehicle being airlifted, more dudes diving, another blackhawk.

A teddy

An airfield or an air carrier, a spy drone, an unmistakable oil rig, a village on the side of a mountain, another crane and what looks like a castle type building. So what can this all mean...?

- there will be a mission where you are underwater with a team?
- you will fight in Brazil which means a totally new environment?
- you'll fight on an oil rig?
- in a castle?
- in a submarine?
- in an airport?
- you will fight as US delta force? (There were some choppers in there that delta force use)
- you will fight Russians?
- the story will be about Russian terrorists infiltrating friendly territory?
- what are those new perks?

I didn't see any sign of the SAS - and by damn I want the SAS back, I want Price to be back also. Now I'll head into uni and do some work.

What did other people see? Has Gametrailers already put up a fram-by-frame analysis which will make my blog redundant? That is the question...

Track of the Week #6

This is by MSTRKRFT. Called Easy Love - just like me. :D

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well, I guess we can hope they spice the formula up with some underwater action then, though it may very well be just  a cut scene.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Lashe

Some nice observations there. The one you couldn't identify does look like a guy sitting down. Perhaps with his hands bound?

Avatar image for viklanderviking
viklanderviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By viklanderviking

You could make out all that?  Wow...good eyes.

Avatar image for viklanderviking
viklanderviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By viklanderviking

And yeah, that third picture loo´s like a guy sitting, with a rope around his waist. And it also looks like hes wearing a pilot helmet.

jhosaphat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By jhosaphat

Nice work!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422
Al3xand3r said:
"Well, I guess we can hope they spice the formula up with some underwater action then, though it may very well be just  a cut scene."
That's the dumbest comment I've ever heard. No one wants water levels...in any game ever...no one.
SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By SpinCookie

Great breakdown, but that is probably the worst teaser I've ever seen.  I mean I know it's just a teaser so they didn't really want to show gameplay, but still, I thought it was pretty boring.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By SpinCookie
pause422 said:
"Al3xand3r said:
"Well, I guess we can hope they spice the formula up with some underwater action then, though it may very well be just  a cut scene."
That's the dumbest comment I've ever heard. No one wants water levels...in any game ever...no one."
I don't know, I could dig that.  I'm a sucker for water and snow levels in games.
Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Will1Lucky
SpinCookie said:
"pause422 said:
"Al3xand3r said:
That's the dumbest comment I've ever heard. No one wants water levels...in any game ever...no one."
I don't know, I could dig that.  I'm a sucker for water and snow levels in games."

So long as we get to use knives underwater...and harpoon guns, then I'm totally up for hat.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

I didn't say whole levels. I said some underwater action. Ie, things like in that Splinter Cell game where you could pull people from under the ice, or like a rendition of the intro to the original Metal Gear Solid which has you infiltrating via water (though you can't actually swim in that game, bleh). Cinematic stuff like that which enhance the atmosphere. In a more conventional FPS manner, it would basicaly give you full free movement as opposed to being stuck thanks to gravity, something like zero G action. It could make for great set pieces imo, and apparently others dig it too, so perhaps the dumbest thing you've read is your own claims about how NOBODY wants such things >_>

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By lordofultima

I would dig underwater portions in a level or two, seems interesting -- and the concept has been avoided for such a long time (maybe because it's so hard to make underwater segments actually good in games).

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By gearhead

I doubt they will add many new perks, probably just the three that you have mentioned.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive

so we'll be doing more actuall special ops missions this time around instead of mostly straight up fucking battles nearly the whole game like the last modern warfare. I like that their seems to a part where you have to swim into the territory, a halo jump, and i'm definitely glad they put in some snowy parts (it will be awesome for multiplayer with all of the white camo). And I like the idea that they will be using more recognizable landmarks like the South American statue. 

lordofultima said:
"I would dig underwater portions in a level or two, seems interesting -- and the concept has been avoided for such a long time (maybe because it's so hard to make underwater segments actually good in games)."
they did it perfectly fine with the Metal Gear Solid series for years. 

ps. what the heck are those perks, the one is definitely stopping power  but the one at the right end looks like a mushroom cloud lol. it would be ridiculously funny is a 7 kill streak granted you a nuclear strike. 
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb

If you zoom out for the guy on the ground, there is a flag and what looks like a ship's bow. I don't think he's lying down, I think he's falling off. I took the still to mean a ship is going off a waterfall.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Milkman

I can't even bring myself to listen to MSTRKRFT anymore after the disgrace of an album they just released.

Well, okay, that's a lie. The Looks is still awesome but really...the new album sucks balls.
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Xandurson

I can't wait for this game!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By natetodamax

I approve of this post. Nice find!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JoelTGM
Lashe said:
"Some nice observations there. The one you couldn't identify does look like a guy sitting down. Perhaps with his hands bound? "
Looks like a guy strafing alongside a wall.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By natetodamax

I think the mystery dude is strafing, although I noticed a black thing around his wrist. Either part of his coat or it could be a shackle?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By toowalrus

This really is the best COD thread out of the dozen or so out there. Thanks for the screens, we'll see how well your predictions hold up at E3, I may have you pick me some winning lotto numbers.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By natetodamax

Let's discuss the perks. Any ideas on what the new ones might be? At least, the ones showed in the still. Look pretty interesting.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By toowalrus
natetodamax said:
"Let's discuss the perks. Any ideas on what the new ones might be? At least, the ones showed in the still. Look pretty interesting."
Well, the fourth one's obviously a portal gun.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By natetodamax
TooWalrus said:
"natetodamax said:
"Let's discuss the perks. Any ideas on what the new ones might be? At least, the ones showed in the still. Look pretty interesting."
Well, the fourth one's obviously a portal gun."
LOL. That would be insane in multiplayer.
Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

natetodamax said:
"TooWalrus said:
"natetodamax said:
Well, the fourth one's obviously a portal gun."
LOL. That would be insane in multiplayer."
Oo, if so can I run like I do in the Valve games?
daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daz0608

Nice thread

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crunchUK

That, or it's just a meaningless teaser. Probably the latter

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By maxszy
crunchUK said:
"That, or it's just a meaningless teaser. Probably the latter"
I agree. Although the OP has a good post here, I think people look WAY to far into things like this. I don't think every developer is out there to put hidden messages in their teasers with that much detail. They probably just had to throw together a cool looking trailer for GDC or whatnot. (That's where this came out of right? Well in conjunction with anyway.)
Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice analyzing. My theory is that the game will be a conflict between americans and russians again, this time the russians plan a terrorist attack against americans and maybe blame it on someone else? Creating a bunch of conflicts, during which you shoot people and then ignore shit so you can get to multiplayer.

Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Civraz

Wow. Certainly a lot of stuff hidden in the teaser...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

Is it just called MW2 now and not COD? If so I think thats a dumb change ebcause every casual player I've talked to always says "have you played the new call of duty?" when theyw ere talking about 4 and I dunno if they will buy just Modern Warfare 2.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Alexander

Thanks guys for all the comments!

The underwater aspect is quite interesting, the opening to Splinter Cell: DA was done really well (as Al3xand3r said). Set the tone of the game and worked even though the sections were quite short, could see it working quite well here depending. The idea of fighting an insurgency on friendly ground is tantalising, I would love to see that happen. It's just a case of waiting for the next trailer me thinks - these are all just asumptions after all. But to think that the trailer is simply meaningless is quite naive.

I'll take a wild stab at the perks from left to right. 1. you can run faster. 2. you can survive airstrikes 3. you can choose where you spawn. Remember: wild stabs.

A portal gun would be crazy, e.g. air strike comes and you put a portal under the airstrike and put the exit portal in an occupied building. boom!

As for MW2 rather than CoD6, The game will still have the CoD name on there I'm guessing? It's still going to be "the new Call of Duty"; the problem is that right now, if I saw someone online and said "let's play Call of Duty" they'll be wondering which one - because a lot of people still play 4 (like me), this way there is a clear distinction between IW and Treyarch's product.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By mike

If you're going to cross-publish game-specific blogs to the forums, make sure you get them in the correct location.  This is in general and will be lost soon, and we have no way of moving threads to the appropriate game's forum, only between the top level boards like General and Off Topic.

To do this, make sure you associate your blog to the appropriate game.  Then, after you click submit, you'll see an option to publish it to the game's forum that you associated it to.  This also makes your blog appear on the game's recent activity section that is featured prominently on every wiki page.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 5

I'm copy/pasting my post from one of the other threads. Here's my take on the perks.

The pictures of perks seem to indicate the return of Stopping Power. I'd bet money that the perk immediately to the right of SP is a perk that makes you sprint or run faster (It's a picture of a foot with wings, ala Hermes) and it looks like the third has something to do with knives, I have no idea how they could make a perk related to knives any good.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thiago

Call of Duty should give up using real places for its action. The plot and representation of those places are ridiculous. Why don't they create a mission in New York or some other major American city? This is more propaganda disguised as a game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By 5

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gizmo

Great breakdown Alex.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thiago

Think of Visari's propaganda in Killzone 2. These games are similar propaganda, programming people to kill without thinking about it or asking questions, but aimed at Americans.

That's why non-American games are more interesting. They have more interesting enemies and not unintelligible monsters. Take Valkyria Chronicles for example, the enemies are the best. Usually the enemies are the best in most games, except for American propaganda games.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TwoOneFive
thiago said:
"Think of Visari's propaganda in Killzone 2. These games are similar propaganda, programming people to kill without thinking about it or asking questions, but aimed at Americans.That's why non-American games are more interesting. They have more interesting enemies and not unintelligible monsters. Take Valkyria Chronicles for example, the enemies are the best. Usually the enemies are the best in most games, except for American propaganda games."
cod4 is an american propaganda game? WTF?