What is "leaning"

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By walreese55

What is it and why is it so important that people wouldn't buy mw2?

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By delta_ass

I think it's when you lean.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

Leaning tilts your character to one side to allow you to see your target with less of your body showing. On PC you normally use E and Q to tilt (left and right respectivly) and its one of the many things that make the PC version diffrent from the console though personally I tend not to use it but a lot of snipers swear by it.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BigBoss1911

Amazing thread, really.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By fwylo

I don't know why they took it out, or why they didn't just implement it into the console version.  D-Pad has plenty of space for it.  Move your attachment to up.  Your perk to down, now you have left and right to lean.

MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalR

CoD2 still has leaning, Hurraaaay!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous
@fwylo: The game is not balanced for lean.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's what you do halfway through dancing to Smooth Criminal or driving a car under the guise of a gangsta.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@fwylo said:
" I don't know why they took it out, or why they didn't just implement it into the console version.  D-Pad has plenty of space for it.  Move your attachment to up.  Your perk to down, now you have left and right to lean. "
That would be horrible. 
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kmdrkul
@HandsomeDead said:
or driving a car under the guise of a gangsta. "
Technically, it's the car seat that is doing the leaning.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @fwylo said:
" I don't know why they took it out, or why they didn't just implement it into the console version.  D-Pad has plenty of space for it.  Move your attachment to up.  Your perk to down, now you have left and right to lean. "
That would be horrible.  "
Exactly, hella awkward  
I'd put on the R2, L2 triggers on PS3, dunno about 360. I don't think its important enough to skip on the game, but it would be cool
walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By walreese55

that's kind of cheap.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By illmatic19
@addictedtopinescent said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @fwylo said:
Exactly, hella awkward  I'd put on the R2, L2 triggers on PS3, dunno about 360. I don't think its important enough to skip on the game, but it would be cool "
That is why we have Natal.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By FrankCanada97
@brainboy77: Not really, it's what the military is trained to do. It helps by checking what's around the corner safely, if you don't want to expose your entire body. Although, you would only find leaning in the more realistic shooters like ARMA, Operation Flashpoint and America's Army.
fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By fallen_elite

Did CoD 4 even have lean on the console versions? Seems like it would be difficult to use another finger to press a lean button. I know the PC version had it but it's easy to do with a keyboard.

Videogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Videogames

Remember Rainbow 6: Three's online?

Yeah that's why games don't have lean anymore.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By beargirl1

people don't buy games because there's no lean?  

amazing, really. people have great reasons for not buying games as of late 

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By ArchScabby
@AjayRaz said:
" people don't buy games because there's no lean?   amazing, really. people have great reasons for not buying games as of late  "
I'm not buying Left 4 Dead 2 because the 2 on the box is too big.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By natetodamax
@fwylo said:
What about kill streaks?

Fail.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By beargirl1
@ArchScabby said:
" @AjayRaz said:
" people don't buy games because there's no lean?   amazing, really. people have great reasons for not buying games as of late  "
I'm not buying Left 4 Dead 2 because the 2 on the box is too big. "
that is a perfectly valid reason on why to not buy a game. now that you mention it, the 2 is a bit large. i won't buy this game either! 
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrKlorox

It was taken out because the controllers do not have enough inputs to support it. COD4 on consoles didn't have it, but the PC did because there are plenty of extra keys. D-Pad won't work because of the streaks/attachments, end even if they were moved the 360 d-pad is so broken you would use a streak when trying to lean. There is a reason there are only three directions on the d-pad that have a game function and the inaccuracy of the 360's d-pad is this reason. Adding an extra L or R button would make sense, and would need to be analog for a good lean. I hate using the keyboard to lean because it's digital.

It'll make a return once all controllers can be tilted like the SIXAXIS, next generation (or maybe once Natal hits -- but the singleplayer won't make use of it until all controllers across consoles can use it the same).

People aren't refusing to buy because there's no lean. They're refusing to buy because the PC version is a SHITTY console port; which happens to affect the lean.

addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illmatic19 said:
" @addictedtopinescent said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @fwylo said:
Exactly, hella awkward  I'd put on the R2, L2 triggers on PS3, dunno about 360. I don't think its important enough to skip on the game, but it would be cool "
That is why we have Natal. "
HELLLL NOOOOO
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox

" @illmatic19 said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @fwylo said:
HELLLL NOOOOO "
Yeah, FUCK having the option to lean my shoulders left instead of the taking the ability out of the game altogether! WE HATE OPTIONS!
whitewolf2435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By whitewolf2435

Wait, if your enemy is leaning around a wall in MW, why not just shoot through the bloody wall?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrKlorox
@whitewolf2435: Also a good point. But as you know only some surfaces can be fully penetrated.

However this is mainly a way to keep hidden and not to alert your enemy in the first place. The penetration and radars are exactly why this wouldn't be an overpowering technique.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LiquidSwords

Gangsta Lean

A common driving position in which the driver holds the wheel with his left hand while leaning to his right toward the passenger seat, usually bobbing his head or bumpin' with the beat. It's a pretty badass way to drive. This move works best in a Chevy Caprice or any pimp-style car with a 3-person front seat.
"...with a hellafied gangsta lean, gettin' funky on da mike like an ol' bunch of collard greens..." -Snoop Dogg

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By ArchScabby
@AjayRaz said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" @AjayRaz said:
I'm not buying Left 4 Dead 2 because the 2 on the box is too big. "
that is a perfectly valid reason on why to not buy a game. now that you mention it, the 2 is a bit large. i won't buy this game either!  "
Good.  I'm glad to see there is at least one other person with some common sense.
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrKlorox said:

" @illmatic19 said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @fwylo said:
HELLLL NOOOOO "
Yeah, FUCK having the option to lean my shoulders left instead of the taking the ability out of the game altogether! WE HATE OPTIONS! "
Kay, I'll give you that if you can use natal for only this and maybe a few other simple things, but if you have to do everything with natal, well....
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrKlorox

" @MrKlorox said:

" @illmatic19 said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @fwylo said:
HELLLL NOOOOO "
Yeah, FUCK having the option to lean my shoulders left instead of the taking the ability out of the game altogether! WE HATE OPTIONS! "
Kay, I'll give you that if you can use natal for only this and maybe a few other simple things, but if you have to do everything with natal, well.... "
That will never ever happen ever as long as we buy games. They will never start making us play games in ways we don't have interest in playing them (ie: sans controller). Natal will likely only  supplement the kinds of games we hardcores play (lean your torso to look around corners, tilt head to look around in the cockpit of a jet or car, and other things that won't fit onto the layout of a controller) while giving a whole new input method for folks who just wanna watch Netflix or play 'plants versus zombies' or whatever games they make to grab the casual crowd. Sure it could eventually come down to having half a controller in each hand and using your wrist/forearm to aim the crosshairs of akimbo weapons independently while keeping the right thumbstick to adjust the camera, but not until after Natal establishes its consumer base.
DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By DCFGS3

I don't quite understand why they took it out, they can try to explain away IWNET, but in taking Lean out, they basically admit the PC version is a direct port from Consoles. Also, I wouldn't mind SIXAXIS lean.