What's YOUR Favorite Video Game Character(s) Design? (Looks)

• 93 results
The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Don't feel like grabbing a picture, but I very much enjoy the way the new Dante looks. His initial reveal, he looked a bit too juvenile, but in the game he's much more adult-looking, and some of the action shots of him are just darned cool.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By bigjeffrey

I think i liked Vergil more, the hipster cane/hat made him look pretty slick, though i like his combat look holding the sword sheath.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Strife777

@godlyawesomeguy: Where is that Batman image from? Looks like the Arkham City type of black and white promo image but I've never seen that one before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@strife777: It is from Arkham City. His character skin was DLC and this was probably used as a promotional image at some point as all the images were.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godlyawesomeguy: Ok that's what I figured. I wasn't sure because here his mouth seems uncovered, but the in-game skin has his whole face black like in the animated show (Batman Beyond.) Anyway, thanks.

MamushiLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a massive fan of the Shin Megami Tensei art style in general, more so the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha style than the Persona style but there both great.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

MGS1 Snake
MGS1 Snake
Adam Jensen
Adam Jensen
Rufus
Rufus

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Turians from Mass Effect, Dante in DmC, Master Chief, Isaac Clarke in Dead Space 2, Vito from Mafia 2, Ezio from AC2, Sam Fisher in Conviction, Deathstroke in Arkham Origins.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love the design of Grigori. Like a lot.

No Caption Provided

And for some reason I think Nito has a really cool, kinda 14 year old metal head doodle design.

No Caption Provided

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Honorable Mention

My Favorite Best Dressed Video Game Character

I really like the way Alan Wake looks, NO ELSE in video games can pull of a zip up black hoodie WITH a Tweed Blazer WITH FUCKING Elbow PATCHES

Alan Wake from Alan Wake
Alan Wake from Alan Wake

But J Allard could probably pull that off in real life, which is arguably more important.

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://images.wikia.com/silent/images/1/11/Phsketch.jpgThis scary motherfucker right here.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I have some mixed opinions:

- Final Fantasy XIII characters are beautiful and whimsical, but very sterile and too smooth. They lack edges, they are often too melodramatic
- Mass Effect characters have bit more grit than FF, but they need a bit of whimsy. They score high on personality and realness in their stories, but they do lack some sparke
- Most fighting game characters often have only surface personality they lack depth other than fighting...their bodies & eyes lack spark of being people. Flash over substance every time.
- Uncharted characters are less than The Last of Us characters, so Naughty Dog is improving, but everything they make is so stoic and serious. You can love Joel and Ellie, but I'm not sure they really strike my fancy being so dower.
- Kojima just makes 'caricatures', not characters. Metal Gear games are memorable for sure, but I can't say I like Snake or anyone in those games...in fact most characters in teh game are merely annoyingly melodramatic.

In the end I think Mass Effect win for me. I wish they used Japanese artists so that Mass Effect characters could have a bit more spark, but overall I think Bioware is on teh right track.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bigjeffrey

Yeah, Japanese artist have a special touch when it comes to designing characters.

Mass Effect also had a great design when it came to the weird aliens. KROGANS

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the FUCK, you guys. Two pages and no one lists this;

No Caption Provided

You're all dead to me.

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jclane
No Caption Provided

The entire character of Monsoon encompasses everything I seek in a Japanese "character" action game. Too bad the mouthpiece comes down once the actual fight starts, I think the above look suits him better. Also, anything in the Souls series, speaking of which @godlyawesomeguy, what is that spider creature supposed to be? It reminds me of Quelaag but it made my arachnophobia senses tingle stronger than the aforementioned boss fight ever did? Please tell me that's not an enemy in the upcoming Dark Souls 2. On second thought, maybe it should be.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RVonE
Midna <3
Midna <3

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By Wraxend
Mr. Sir Henry MotherFucker
Mr. Sir Henry MotherFucker

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By bigjeffrey

@evilnights said:

@bigjeffrey said:

Honorable Mention

My Favorite Best Dressed Video Game Character

I really like the way Alan Wake looks, NO ELSE in video games can pull of a zip up black hoodie WITH a Tweed Blazer WITH FUCKING Elbow PATCHES

Alan Wake from Alan Wake
Alan Wake from Alan Wake

But J Allard could probably pull that off in real life, which is arguably more important.

Damn your right.

No Caption Provided

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Also, Valkyria Chronicles and Okami in general and Kerrigan's lips are purty cool.

No Caption Provided

Deadlydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGS2 Snake is Perfection
MGS2 Snake is Perfection
I always liked how off Duster was, his limp which is consistent throughout the game, and his general lack of attractive qualities. Also looks good with a fro.
I always liked how off Duster was, his limp which is consistent throughout the game, and his general lack of attractive qualities. Also looks good with a fro.
I like the red and black coloring, she was pretty much my favorite character in P4, I had a heart only of you Yuki-chan... damn useful too.
I like the red and black coloring, she was pretty much my favorite character in P4, I had a heart only of you Yuki-chan... damn useful too.

Again, the red and black looks cool. Also weilds a big ass sword with a hand in his sleeve.
Again, the red and black looks cool. Also weilds a big ass sword with a hand in his sleeve.
Good ol' RE4  pretty boy swag Leon S. Kennedy. So stylish.
Good ol' RE4 pretty boy swag Leon S. Kennedy. So stylish.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nottle said:

I like the way you think.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By TheUnsavedHero
No Caption Provided

My absolute FAVORITE character design. It also didn't hurt that I was pretty decent with Q back when I played SF III: 3rd Strike. The trench coat and fedora combo, nice suit and tie, and the metal mask really just has that air of mystery that the developers and artists were going for. Plus, not only was his look amazing, but his animation was superb. Such a clumsy style and yet, a powerful one too.

No Caption Provided

I really liked Fishers look. The early games in particular really stuck with me. The perfect look of a modern ninja. Those three lights from his Night Vision Goggles are just perfect. I will say that his wardrobe in Splinter Cell: Conviction was also really good.

No Caption Provided

When some one says "Dreamcast", this is what I think of. The characters of Jet Set Radio (Jet Grind Radio in the U.S.) were some of the best designed characters during the Dreamcast in my opinion. Bright colors, the cel shaded graphics, it all blended beautifully. It wasn't just the GGs either. Poison Jam, Noise Tanks, the Love Shockers, even the police looked amazing.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

NO ONE HAS MENTIONED SACKBOY YET!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vaiz
Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By bigjeffrey

@grantheaslip: YES

I totally forgot about Lightning, i think she's looked damn great in both FFXIIIs', and looks great in Lightning Returns (Toriyama sure thinks so)

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

The Killer7, especially Garcian, MASK, and Dan.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dixavd
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

First Link from the Legend of Zelda (currently, the Twilight Princess version is my favourite):

Also, Altair from Assassin's Creed: I still get goosebumps when I see the official art for him akin to the apprehension of an awesome looking thing coming out. (I get to play as this guy; fuck yeah I will!):

And Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII (her character design alone sold me on the colour pink; I was previously an anti-pink person but now I am closer to neutral):

But finally...

The Icarus Ship from WipeOut HD Fury - it totally counts as a character.

No Caption Provided

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Nottle

@bigjeffrey said:

@nottle said:

I like the way you think.

Some people preferred Chie or Rise, but they are crazy. She attacks with fans and has fire. What's not to like? The laugh?... So endearing.

Such a simple design, but for some reason it works well. Same thing with Mitsuru in P3.

Also both the Yasogami high school and Gekkoukan high school uniforms just look cool.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Capum15

I've always liked the looks of all the people in the Stalker games. That kind of post-apocalypse almost military for some people, the "just a jacket and jeans" for rookies. Just stuff like that.

Call of Pripyat
Call of Pripyat
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Shadow of Chernobyl
Shadow of Chernobyl

Also, Borderlands 2. While I love all the characters' looks, I'd say Gaige and Mordecai are my favorite. Robot arm that summons a robot (and also gets slightly god-complexy with higher stacks of Anarchy), and a drunk sniper with a bird.

And lastly, yes, I know you can make The Boss look like whatever you want, but Saints Row. To a lesser extent, I loved all the various gangs' looks in 2 and 3, but most of all the Deckers. Neon cyberpunk ftw.

No Caption Provided

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Juzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Both versions of Raziel are awesome. The Soul Reaver version moreso. My favourite protagonist as far as character development in video gaming as well. which reminds me, where the hell is Legacy of Kain 6?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big fan of Kanekos art, so I'm gonna list some of my favorite of his characterdesigns.

Raidou Kuzunoha the 14'th. Simple yet awesome design, probably my favorite protagonist-design in the smt-series.
Raidou Kuzunoha the 14'th. Simple yet awesome design, probably my favorite protagonist-design in the smt-series.
The Demi-fiend, the tattoos and eyes give of an otherworldly vibe while still retaining all of his human features. I like the touch that the magatama (inseclike being that gives him his powers) sticks out of the backside of his neck.
The Demi-fiend, the tattoos and eyes give of an otherworldly vibe while still retaining all of his human features. I like the touch that the magatama (inseclike being that gives him his powers) sticks out of the backside of his neck.
The first boss in Maken Shao, a game with incredible, crazy boss-designs but otherwise sucks balls. Would love to have it remade with DMC-like gameplay just so that these designs can get the game they deserve to be in.
The first boss in Maken Shao, a game with incredible, crazy boss-designs but otherwise sucks balls. Would love to have it remade with DMC-like gameplay just so that these designs can get the game they deserve to be in.
Baofu from persona 2: eternal punishment. Just look at how he freakin owns that banana-yellow trenchcoat.
Baofu from persona 2: eternal punishment. Just look at how he freakin owns that banana-yellow trenchcoat.
Probably my favorite design in all of Nocturne, if you don't count some of the demon-designs.
Probably my favorite design in all of Nocturne, if you don't count some of the demon-designs.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Not just Ratchet & Clank either, the whole series is full of awesome character design.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#94  Edited By donutfever

Honorable Mentions:

Gotta agree with you on Aigis, which is strange because I don't really like the look of anime (Same goes for a lot of Persona characters, don't know what sets them apart).

Never played Viewtiful Joe, but he looks pretty cool too.

But my number one?

NO CONTEST
NO CONTEST

MeganeAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, Aigis is well-designed. Her appearance is beautifully clean and simple. However, what is more impressive is that her appearance carries significance for her character and story. Her appearance alludes to the internal struggles she faces about her humanity. She looks and "is" both human and machine--she knows in her heart that she is human, but she knows for a fact that she is a machine, and that tears her apart.

No Caption Provided

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://flygirlgamers.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/lilith-borderlands.jpg?w=535

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/archive/8/8e/20091126021753%21Ezio.jpg

http://www.xwallz.com/user-content/uploads/wall/o/41/devil_may_cry_3_dante_wallpaper.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/princeofpersia/en/images/a/ac/Prince_and_elika.jpg

Honorable mentions to Sam Gideon of Vanquish, Raiden of MGR and Ryu Hayabusa of Ninja Gaiden.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Verendus

I've always preferred masked character, or somehow face cloaked. Katana is always a nice bonus. As for features and abilities, ability become invisible has always been my favorite. And as I snipe in pretty much all of my FPS games, when I saw Zer0 from Borderlands 2, I thought they had made the class custom tailored for me haha.

No Caption Provided

Another one I like is Vector from RE: Operation Raccoon City.

No Caption Provided