User Lists: 19

Smash and Mario Kart 8.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

I'll play The Last of Us, and Left Behind. And then another trip to Alan Wake and American Nightmare.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@joemotycki said:

@bisonhero: What do you think of pikmin 3? I REALLY enjoyed my time with that game. The days felt a little short but other than that i think that game is cool (except for the last boss fight thing, screw that).

It's super rad! It's just insanely polished, and I think it's one of the top 3 games Nintendo has developed for the Wii U. I think they've made vast improvements on the UI and controls. Also they've structured the game quite well, always kinda pointing you in the next direction, which solves the problems the first two games had for some players where players would just keep messing around in one area instead of moving on to a new, recently unlocked one.

I really didn't like Pikmin 2. OK, I guess I liked Pikmin 2 because it was more Pikmin, but I didn't like most of the changes to the gameplay loop (and the weird stuff like how it basically reused the first game's maps but had different enemy and wall layouts, and also all of the bizarre product placement). And I didn't like how it took away any sort of time limit and instead just had these nonsensical "dungeons" everywhere as the only sort of challenge in the game. Don't get me wrong, the increased boss count was nice, but Pikmin needs the specter of a time limit. Without a time limit, Pikmin deaths are meaningless, because you have all the time in the world to grow more Pikmin and try again. When there's a time limit, every Pikmin death is "Oh shit, I needed those guys."

So Pikmin 3's juice mechanic is good enough. At a certain point, I'm proficient enough at the series that I'm sitting on something like a 40 day supply of juice (it seems like there's about 100 days worth of juice in the game, but even for incredibly methodical players, I can't imagine the game taking more than 60 or 70 days). Still, it's nice that at least for the early game there is a little bit of that urgency back. Not that I think Pikmin 1 is perfect, because its time limit was flawed in its own way, since it was possible to just be so far behind that your save game was doomed to get the bad ending due to the 30-day hard limit.

The new Pikmin are cool. The flying Pikmin are really slick, and the rock Pikmin's ability to kinda stunlock enemies is super neat as well. I prefer them to the (vaguely similar) white Pikmin and purple Pikmin from Pikmin 2.

Basically, Pikmin 3 is the sequel to Pikmin 1 that I always wanted.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm playing through Dark Souls 2 right now. I'll probably also play some Minecraft and some Counter Strike.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

Too much Destiny with a side of Hearthstone.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh, well, Warlords of Draenor is stealing most of my time and TERA: Fate of Arun.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigmess said:

@melvargh said:

@bigmess said:

Probably Far Cry 4. Killing all those helpless elephants just seems so jolly.

But you can ride them. Elephants are your friend!

Can I kill other elephants while riding an elephant?

This is confirmed!

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have no large amounts of time to myself this holiday season. I will sneak in a few hours of GTA5 and whatever a holiday steam sale may bring.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ima play a bunch of Viking conquest expansion for Warband.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Probably Resogun, Hitman HD collection and Shadowrun Returns. I sure do hope that FFX-HD goes on a sale the coming days...that'd be a great holiday game...

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Trucking in Elite: Dangerous, trying to finish Fallout: New Vegas again, playing through the new Pokemon remakes Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, and finally keep on rolling with Dragon Age Origins.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madden 15, GTA V (PS4), Pokemon Omega Ruby, Rayman Legends, DayZ and Project Zomboid.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

I will probably try to slog my way through Dragon Age. After that? Welp, I bought Persona Q. That might be fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

looking to play the old devil may cry games for the first time in that hd collection

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Well I got very lucky and just won a GiantBomb Steamgifts giveaway, so Divinity: Original Sin for me!

I'll try to finish up South Park and Dragon Age: Inqusition too.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By Hunter5024

I have copies of Drakengard 3, Destiny, Divinity: Original Sin and Civilization lying around that I'd like to play for my game of the year list, but I decided fuck all that and started playing Mario Galaxy for the first time.

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls and Yakuza 4. I also plan to pick up Persona Q in a few days.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dragon Age for me. I'm only like 7 hours in but it's been incredible so far. Feels like exactly the kind of game I've been looking for. Not to mention it's been my late holy-shit-this-is-next-gen moment due to my 970 arriving yesterday. 'Game looks fantastic.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably going to sink a bunch of time into Dragon Age, while staying the hell away from Steam Sales :)

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

GTAV, Forza Horizon 2, Halo:MCC

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I'm visiting my family for the holidays. Been playing a lot of the new Smash with my younger brothers and Project X Zone on my 3DS.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smash Bros, Prison Architect, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Dota 2. Perhaps some F-Zero GX as well.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayonetta 2 while I'm home. I think I'll pick up Persona Q for while I'm traveling.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still chugging through Inquisition, while taking some Destiny breaks. Want to get back into Shadow of Mordor.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'm always on break, but the holiday games I'm playing the most right now are Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age. I'm hoping to mix in a little more Mordor, but those two are my obsession right now and I'm okay with that.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Asura's Wrath. FOR CAPCOM!!!

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I need to play the evil within, far cry 4, COD, before the year is over. I have been wanting to try out the free trial of WoW since I've never played the game before. I wanted to see how deep the rabbit hole can go.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD.

Marvel Heroes 2015

gibst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlords of Draenor and maybe some runescape

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD.

DippedPretzels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sacrifice (2000) for PC. It's $5 on Steam, and I remember liking it a lot when it came out. I'm curious how it holds up.

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Went with Dragon Age: Inquisition eventually, and holy hell there's a lot to do in this game...and I'm just running around the Hinterlands for now. I think I have my 2 and a half weeks off all set.