What should the next Breaking Brad game be?

• 153 results
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Dark Souls would be the most interesting, to someone like me who hasn't played it.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By supamon

Some good suggestions here! I'll echo Dead Space 1/2 and Demon/Dark Souls( seriously, doing anything with the Souls series would probably be well received by the community).

I'll throw in my take: Way of the Master Ninja in Ninja Gaiden 2. No restrictions, all is go as long as Brad can get the achievement.

prod88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By prod88

even though brad probably has no interest in playing it, i want to see him get through demon's souls

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#104  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Does it have to be am achievement he is striving for? @supamon said:

Some good suggestions here! I'll echo Dead Space 1/2 and Demon/Dark Souls( seriously, doing anything with the Souls series would probably be well received by the community).

I'll throw in my take: Way of the Master Ninja in Ninja Gaiden 2. No restrictions, all is go as long as Brad can get the achievement.

Ithink the problem with something like playing Dark Souls is how long it would take. Would be a literal endurance run. I would like to see him try something Ninja Gaiden related. How about completing every mission in Ninja Gaiden Black. But without experience with the game that would be nigh impossible.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By Ghostiet

Dead Space 2 on hardcore. Though I doubt it would happen, since it's basically an Endurance Run.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Maajin

@supamon said:

doing anything with the Souls series would probably be well received by the community).

Except for that unfortunate and annoying crowd who would bitch about everything, every single step of the way.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Clonedzero

well the next breaking brad will be whatever brad and the guys think it should be. so whatever we suggest will be ignored. the crew does what they do and dont really take input from the fans, which is a shame, but it works. so whatever

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#108  Edited By Daneian

I feel that Brad's biggest challenge isn't to beat specific games but a set of behaviors he has exhibited when he's been recorded playing games. Give him a series of tests, including, but not limited to, 'do you understand what you're current objective is?' or really anything that requires patience.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By supamon

@Maajin: For sure. I wouldn't expect anything less from the internet. In fact, I would be pretty disappointed if they didn't bitch. =)

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Does it have to be am achievement he is striving for? @supamon said:

Ithink the problem with something like playing Dark Souls is how long it would take. Would be a literal endurance run. I would like to see him try something Ninja Gaiden related. How about completing every mission in Ninja Gaiden Black. But without experience with the game that would be nigh impossible.

Just reading that line makes me feel like I'm staring at mount Everest. I only ever managed to complete like maybe 1-2 of those after dying repeatedly over and over. I don't think it'll make good content but it'll surely break Brad!

I do share the same line of thought about Dark Souls with you. Maybe break it into a string of individual, feasible goals like part 1: ringing the first bell, part 2: ringing the second then a segment for attaining each lord's soul. Brad can decide to go on to the next one if he wants to.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110  Edited By s10129107

Get a C+ rank with Makoto in SSF4

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By fattony12000

Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal on Core. Solo.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@s10129107 said:

I'd watch that. I think it would be better if Brad could choose whatever character to get C+.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Clonedzero said:

well the next breaking brad will be whatever brad and the guys think it should be. so whatever we suggest will be ignored. the crew does what they do and dont really take input from the fans, which is a shame, but it works. so whatever

Brad was literally asking for suggestions on Friday.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#114  Edited By Tylea002

@Demoskinos said:

Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja. He beats that and would gain my respect forever.

thisthisthisthisthisthisthis.

Well, Ninja Gaiden Black would be my preferred one, due to the difficulty being more fair, less random rockets, but either one. I would watch that hard.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#115  Edited By fox01313

Could always go with Doom 3 or jump into the other games from that time as the first few doom games (ie. Hexen, Rise of the Triad, Blood, ect.). That or have him do a quick look/review on Neverdead.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#116  Edited By musubi

@Tylea002 said:

@Demoskinos said:

Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja. He beats that and would gain my respect forever.

thisthisthisthisthisthisthis.

Well, Ninja Gaiden Black would be my preferred one, due to the difficulty being more fair, less random rockets, but either one. I would watch that hard.

Oh, I won't deny that NGB is much more balanced from a fairness standpoint it would just be fun to see how long it took brad to realize you basically have to abuse the hell out of invincibility frames to even have a chance of beating that game on Master Ninja.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#117  Edited By huntad

I agree that the next game should be singleplayer. It is a singleplayer thing.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#119  Edited By Trilogy

I haven't played any of the souls games but I would love to see him give that a go. The only problem is that I don't really know what the constraint would be. Would it really be just beat the whole game? Isn't that game kind of long? Maybe if he started on a save halfway through or something like in Doom. There has to be an endpoint is what I'm getting at.

I also enjoyed brad fuck it up with Trials Evolution. The rage soothes my soul.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By s10129107

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@s10129107 said:

I'd watch that. I think it would be better if Brad could choose whatever character to get C+.

Maybe, but if we give him a choice and he picks Ryu..... UGGGGGHHHHHHH. I would imagine a character thats not directly intuitive, like Makoto, Hakan, Gief or Dhalsim would be a lot more entertaining and lend a lot to the frustration factor that i have come to love from this segment.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@s10129107 said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@s10129107 said:

Maybe, but if we give him a choice and he picks Ryu..... UGGGGGHHHHHHH. I would imagine a character thats not directly intuitive, like Makoto, Hakan, Gief or Dhalsim would be a lot more entertaining and lend a lot to the frustration factor that i have come to love from this segment.

That is a good point, I bet he would just pick Ryu or Ken. I said that because the competition would be so much better than him so leeway would be nice.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#122  Edited By Justin258

I'd kind of like to see him try Doom 3 on the hardest difficulty. I know it's not an ER but I think it might be entertaining, especially since a) he just finished Doom 2 and b) Doom 3 BFG comes out pretty soon.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By s10129107

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@s10129107 said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@s10129107 said:

That is a good point, I bet he would just pick Ryu or Ken. I said that because the competition would be so much better than him so leeway would be nice.

But we're trying to BREAK Brad! :)

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@s10129107 said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@s10129107 said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@s10129107 said:

But we're trying to BREAK Brad! :)

I know but I want his to have a fighting chance. It is more fun if he is learning from his mistakes and inproving getting ever closer to his goal.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Monkeyman04

I'm not sure if this would be entertaining or not, but I would love to see him try and get the "Complete game without setting off any alarms" achievement in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#126  Edited By Rafaelfc

NEVER DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#128  Edited By BeachThunder

FTL :D

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By AuthenticM

@Ghostiet said:

Dead Space 2 on hardcore. Though I doubt it would happen, since it's basically an Endurance Run.

I suggested that to him some months ago, and he responded that it was in the cards. I want it to happen.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By 49th

Super Meat Boy

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#131  Edited By fobwashed

Here's a vid I recorded of myself getting all 12 achievements in one 6 minute run. (first minute pacifism is why I don't shoot at the start) It's dated at over 6 years ago =) It's really not that hard and I think he should take another shot at it.

Apart from geowars. . . I wouldn't mind watching him play FTL like someone else mentioned though that's a bit more difficult since each run can last over 30 minutes. . . A Super Meat Boy related challenge would also be entertaining to watch. Not so much the trials games though because for some reason, watching repeated failures in that game just hurts.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#132  Edited By BlackLagoon

@Wrighteous86 said:

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

No achievement. Also it has all sorts of weird hidden crap needed to progress in the game, without hints he'd just be spending hours upon hours wandering around completely lost. Though, thinking about it, they could do it the old school way, with Jeff sitting there with a stack of old Nintendo Power issues, leafing through them for hints.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#133  Edited By fobwashed

If we're going old school, I'd like to see him bash his head against TMNT, Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden on the NES. Extra points if they use an actual NES and the awful rectangle sharp edged controller.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Bezerker85

Since on ILM they say they're gonna do some Premium content for RE6, might as well make it a RE6 Breaking Brad with him playing on the hardest difficulty.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Ghostiet

@AuthenticM said:

@Ghostiet said:

I suggested that to him some months ago, and he responded that it was in the cards. I want it to happen.

Okay, Brad, there's no excuse, let's do this shit. Imagine the catharsis after you do it.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By wrighteous86

@BlackLagoon said:

@Wrighteous86 said:

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

No achievement. Also it has all sorts of weird hidden crap needed to progress in the game, without hints he'd just be spending hours upon hours wandering around completely lost. Though, thinking about it, they could do it the old school way, with Jeff sitting there with a stack of old Nintendo Power issues, leafing through them for hints.

Yeah, but even knowing what to do, it ain't easy.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137  Edited By wafflez

I think another go at the Trials Evo achievement they did on the BLLSL would be good. Also, Geometry Wars needs to get done.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#138  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I hope they really do just play Daikatana on the N64. That would be great.

Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Khadyn

We've seen Brad die / reload Doom 2 how many times? To have him try and play Souls would break him down and murder everyone at Giantbomb.....and Gamespot. But then again, just to see the reactions and comments the Giantbomb crew would make watching him play would be hilarious...

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#140  Edited By PerryVandell

The perfect Breaking Brad: He has to play through the entirety of Resident Evil 6 in one sitting on the hardest difficulty. The retical is turned off and he can only eat McNuggets for sustenance. His only dipping sauce is balsamic vinaigrette. Meanwhile, someone is sitting next to him playing Resident Evil 4.

...I'm a horrible person.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By BeachThunder
randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By randiolo

@BeachThunder said:

This on normal, would be good. God knows how many times its made me cry.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By AndrewB

@randiolo said:

@BeachThunder said:

This on normal, would be good. God knows how many times its made me cry.

FTL on normal is more like "Breaking Fun"

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Terramagi

Beating the Rebel Flagship in FTL (on easy) is fairly simple. It just requires you to play the game perfectly, and not get fucked by drops.

Dark Souls is undoubtedly out of the question, as that game is 30-50 hours the first time through. That shit would be an Endurance Run, and since they seem to have forgotten the fact that Vinny and Jeff only got through Persona 4 via help from the comments in lieu of saying "no help ever", it would end in failure after they punched the blacksmith accidentally.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By BeachThunder

@Terramagi said:

Beating the Rebel Flagship in FTL (on easy) is fairly simple. It just requires you to play the game perfectly, and not get fucked by drops.

Well, it ended up taking me 16 hours :o

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killZone 2 on the hardest difficulty?

HexyVexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By HexyVexy

VVVVVV or Super Mario Bros 2 (Lost Levels) would fit the format, albeit they're not tied to an achievement...I think he should go for Spelunky again.

evanomeara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By evanomeara
WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#149  Edited By WightnNerdy

I think he should try to go through Demon's Souls or Dark Souls.

addc182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By addc182

@Bulby33 said:

I think he should try to go through Demon's Souls or Dark Souls.

Breaking Brad: Prepare To Die Edition.