What superhero video game would you like to see succeed?

• 104 results
Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Zenogiasu

@Morrow said:

After everyone successfully ignored my post, I come back with a picture:

No Caption Provided

I saw it! And totally agree.

As an aside, I think that games would benefit from some more original superheroes. I had a blast with the inFAMOUS titles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wewantsthering: Nah, you're not trolling. You're just being ignorant by wholesale dismissing an entire GENRE of literature. It's like people who say stuff like "History sucks!", "Sci-fi sucks!" and etc. Well, by all means wallow in your lack of knowledge and kindly exit this discussion if that is the level of input you have to share. Good grief.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Morrow

@TeflonBilly said:

What exactly would the mechanics of a Spawn game be though? Guy's powers are basically EVERYTHING. I can't see how they would transfer into a proper game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

That sounds like something you could work with in a game to me. You could give him different skill trees to expand with the xp gained, like military combat and necro-magic. And give all the enemies holy weapons so you could actually die. Oh come on, there are various possibilities! :D

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By nonused

@wewantsthering: Obviously you haven't read Aquaman #57.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Morrow

@Zenogiasu:

Yay thank you :D

Also: Witchblade is a good suggestion.

Original superheroes are cool, but I think it would be harder to market because no one knows them yet...

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@Nonused said:

That's true Aquaman is pretty amazing.

@TeflonBilly said:

@wewantsthering: Nah, you're not trolling. You're just being ignorant by wholesale dismissing an entire GENRE of literature. It's like people who say stuff like "History sucks!", "Sci-fi sucks!" and etc. Well, by all means wallow in your lack of knowledge and kindly exit this discussion if that is the level of input you have to share. Good grief.

Actually I'm pretty informed on the subject. I've even read the much revered Watchmen and I'm currently reading Batman: The Long Halloween and I've seen/read countless other super hero movies/cartoons. I just find the idea of super heroes to be conceptually uninteresting and unrelatable. The only time I can relate with super heroes is when they lose their powers. I'm not against comic books, just the super hero type characters. Super heroes make great villains though because you're not supposed to like them.

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By nonused

@Morrow: It actually sounds super gamey. He has a bar that drains. He refills his energy by collecting dark things. Kinda reminds me of The Darkness.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TeflonBilly said:

@drag said:

dazzler

Dazzler

Dazzler

Dazzler

DAZZLER

It's like a cross between Jet Set Radio and P.N.03

Wouldn't a Dazzler game have a touch of Dance Central, Space Channel 5 and Fantavision in it too?

Yes all of those too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wewantsthering said:

@Nonused said:

That's true Aquaman is pretty amazing.

@TeflonBilly said:

Actually I'm pretty informed on the subject. I've even read the much revered Watchmen and I'm currently reading Batman: The Long Halloween and I've seen/read countless other super hero movies/cartoons. I just find the idea of super heroes to be conceptually uninteresting and unrelatable. The only time I can relate with super heroes is when they lose their powers. I'm not against comic books, just the super hero type characters. Super heroes make great villains though because you're not supposed to like them.

In that case, I apologize for coming off as too harsh. I just got a very elitist vibe off your post that "SUPERHERO BOOKS ARE FOR BABBYS!". With your apparent disdain for the superhero archetype, I highly recommend you have a gander at The Boys, The Invisibles and maybe Alan Moore's run of Miracleman. Great deconstructions of the idea of the "super hero" and not burdened by the hype surrounding such seminal works as Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Morrow

@Nonused: Yeah, I actually think of it to be a bit like Darksiders, but less adventurey and platformy and more roleplayinggamey.

:D

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By stinky

a superman game would be cool.

you could fly through rings or something.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#63  Edited By Kidavenger
No Caption Provided

WE3 would be a completely insane game I could get behind; cyborg house pets turned killing machines, make it like Deus Ex: Human Revolution but you have 3 characters instead of 1 each with their own speciality.

I also wouldn't mind a Wolverine game in an Assassin's Creed style.

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By nonused

@wewantsthering: Have you read The Dark Knight Returns? Or The Sandman? Both seem to be up your alley and I highly recommend them. I get were you're coming from with the super-powered heroes being inherently less interesting than characters like Batman or Rorschach, but I think they can make fun character studies if handled properly. Like in Dark Knight. That's some good stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nonused said:

@wewantsthering: Have you read The Dark Knight Returns? Or The Sandman? Both seem to be up your alley and I highly recommend them. I get were you're coming from with the super-powered heroes being inherently less interesting than characters like Batman or Rorschach, but I think they can make fun character studies if handled properly. Like in Dark Knight. That's some good stuff.

I will have to check them out. I've been thinking about Sandman because I've loved all of Gaiman's other work (books/screenwriting).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kidavenger said:

No Caption Provided

WE3 would be a completely insane game I could get behind; cyborg house pets turned killing machines, make it like Deus Ex: Human Revolution but you have 3 characters instead of 1 each with their own speciality.

I also wouldn't mind a Wolverine game in an Assassin's Creed style.

Oh man We3 ;_;

Actually, that could be a great premise for a next gen game a la Lost Vikings

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

As much as I would love to see a Daredevil game, it would be nigh-on impossible to do justice to the character. Playing as a blind character in a video game doesn't seem like it could be great.

It baffles me that a Call of Duty esque FPS for Captain America/Sgt. Rock/G.I. Joe has not been made. Also, where's my GTA-Esque Punisher/Jonah Hex game?

For due diligence

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Adaurin

Rocksteady made Spider-Man game, not that it's very likely.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#69  Edited By Humanity

I think SPAWN could be an interesting video game if it was done in a serious tone with power limitations like the early comics had. Spawn basically defended the innocent and executed his own brand of justice - like when he caught a child murderer he chopped him to pieces. He also didn't use his powers very often as that drained his time on Earth and eventually he would have to go back to hell when he drained all of it.

Seems like it could be a neat story but I can see it all being green plasma blasts and mindless brawling.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By hawkinson76

Atari Force.

I'm trying to hurry along the singularity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A game based on Y: The Last Man where the object is to avoid women.

I bet most gamers would be great at that game

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By CooVee

I would like to see a good Superman game or the Flash.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I want to see Remedy take on Superman.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By Hunter5024

X-23 because I like having idiotic hopes and dreams!

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By nate6858

I have always been partial to Rogue from X-Men, I can imagine some interesting mechanics in a game where she is the main character. What I'm picturing admittedly has a lot in common with the Arkham games but with some differences.

For example, after pummeling your standard enemy for a bit, you could have the option to finish them off, drain their remaining life to restore your own, or temporarily absorb some aspect or ability unique to that enemy. This would give you a lot of options, both in how you play and how you approach situations. Do you want to max out your health, or boost your defense because there's a boss around the corner? There are tons of possibilities.

Unique enemies or boss battles could be the way that you increase your abilities - defeating a boss allows you to permanently absorb 1 of their abilities. And if you were given a choice between a couple of abilities each time, it could dramatically change the way you play the rest of the game, and give you a way to play more the way you want instead of just being handed an arbitrary skill after each level.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By renmckormack

@nate6858 said:

I have always been partial to Rogue from X-Men, I can imagine some interesting mechanics in a game where she is the main character. What I'm picturing admittedly has a lot in common with the Arkham games but with some differences.

For example, after pummeling your standard enemy for a bit, you could have the option to finish them off, drain their remaining life to restore your own, or temporarily absorb some aspect or ability unique to that enemy. This would give you a lot of options, both in how you play and how you approach situations. Do you want to max out your health, or boost your defense because there's a boss around the corner? There a tons of possibilities.

Unique enemies or boss battles could be the way that you increase your abilities - defeating a boss allows you to permanently absorb 1 of their abilities. And if you were given a choice between a couple of abilities each time, it could dramatically change the way you play the rest of the game, and give you a way to play more the way you want instead of just being handed an arbitrary skill after each level.

yes. it would be so good because you could run into different heroes/villains and absorb their powers making each event unique. I require that it is the same voice actress from the cartoon. Also Gambit could hound you for a date constantly.

Kickstart this rogue game.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By rentfn

Suicide Squad. Missions where you have to lose people each time.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Clonedzero

superman.

and i HATE superman. but superman would probably be the hardest to make a good game out of. like with spiderman, you can already see how the game would work, but with superman, wtf is the game going to do that isn't tedious and stupid? spiderman would just be kinda like a more movement based arkham city.

i wanna get a superman game and give it the over the top treatment azuras wrath style. have superman throwing god damn buses at people. crashing through buildings, slamming into the ground and leaving 20 foot wide craters in the streets. just go crazy with it. the only setting superman should have is 11. everyone seems to leave him on 4 in movies or games. superman can throw BUILDINGS AT PEOPLE. let me throw buildings at people. ok?

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By nate6858

A lot of Superman mentions gave me an idea. I don't know much about the canon of Superman but it's a video game, to hell with the canon!

How about a Superman origin story game where you start off as a teenage kid with powers just beginning to manifest. So at first, you are strong, fast and resilient ... but as the game progresses you get more of superman's abilities. But they're new to you, so at first they're not so great until you upgrade them or whatnot. So the first level of shooting lasers out of your eyes is powerful, but pretty inaccurate. Or unlocking the ability to fly at first only allows you to fly for a limited amount of time before you lose control. You could address the fact that Superman is virtually invincible by saying that his invincibility is based on his control of his own power, so it could increase accordingly.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#80  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

Probably been said already, but I would like to see a MUA style DC game. Or maybe not even a MUA style game, how about a Semi-Open-World game with the Justice League where you could switch which character(s) you took on missions?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about a super precise "World Of Cardboard" Superman game

You'd be beyond overpowered, but it'd have the most sensitive controls ever and you'd constantly be struggling while controlling Superman not to destroy anything inadvertently. Just catching someone falling from a tall building would require you to fly past them, then fall/fly towards them to match their velocity and speed down and cushion their fall as you catch them lest they be ripped apart across your arms if you just let them land on your arms of steel at terminal velocity. Every time you throw an object you have to be aware of any stray pieces which might fly off and kill some poor schmuck miles away.

Just thinking about how to play this game is giving me gray hairs.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

A Punisher game done right could be epic.

druv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By druv

I would like games set in the Astro City universe, as well as more games in the style of Marvel Ultimate Alliance (any superheroes, really).

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If done well Superman's invulnerability wouldn't have to be a barrier, there's lots of ways to do a game with him, Superman has to save everyone and everyone else isn't invulnerable so you'd just make levels have puzzles and time sensitive pressure, Superman has never been about his own invulnerability it's about protecting other people / the world so I still think it could be done right, Lego Batman 2 made me want a good Superman game for the first time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just give the Superman license to Activision and their creative mind will turn it into a FPS using the Call Of Duty engine.

They can use this Elseworlds story as it's conceit

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By bio595

A Syndicate/Deus Ex themed Batman Beyond game would be cool.

Fucking I just want more Cyberpunk

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By niamahai

Ms Marvel in UE4.

Her ass will define an entire new generation.

Or just make a virtual poker game starring Gambit.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#89  Edited By StarvingGamer

All of them.

I want everyone to succeed.

But mostly Superman, because I have no idea what a successful Superman game would look like or how it would be designed.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#90  Edited By project343

I feel like a Flash fighting game with Bayonatta (time slowing combos) and Sonic (fast visceral racing diversions) elements could be amazing.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#91  Edited By nintendoeats

Die Hard.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#92  Edited By Little_Socrates

Hawkman, FUCK THIS THREAD.

blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By blueaniman93

Deadpool... and now they're making one. I can only hope it's good.

Night_Rake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Night_Rake

An Open-World Game involving a team of superheroes. Avengers, X-Men, doesn't matter to me a lot.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#95  Edited By Svenzon

Personally, I'd love to see Raven do another take on a Wolverine game. The previous one was alright, but felt kinda underdeveloped. Give them a new 60FPS engine, more time to develop their systems and a good comics writer. Oh, and keep the insane level of violence, because the gore was spectacular.

DBagalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By DBagalot

@Morrow: Yes!

DBagalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DBagalot

Also, a Wonder Twins game, or a Power Rangers Game. hahaha

Dangerloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#98  Edited By Dangerloves

@Hizang: That would be good. Too bad the closest concept to that (Dark Void), left a sour taste.

@Svenzon: I'd like to see Raven come out alive, after COD looses it mass-appeal. Activision is gonna do some culling. Maybe Bethesda will buyout them and id and Raven will be one dysfunctional family.

I'd like to see a good Judge Dredd game, and not Judge Dredd Pinball. Rocksteady and Judge Dredd both being English is a good start.

No offence Rebellion, but Judge Dredd: Dredd v Death and Rogue Trooper were horrible generic pieces of trash.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By NTM

I think Team Ninja could do a good Power Girl game. Well, not really, just boob physics.

No Caption Provided
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#100  Edited By Yummylee

@SgtSphynx said:

Probably been said already, but I would like to see a MUA style DC game.

There's this Justice League game, which is the closest to a MUA style DC game that I know of. It's not nearly as expansive--for the most part you can't even select which heroes to play as--nor filled with as much rampant fan-service, but it's a fun brawler in the same sort of vein.