What to get? PS3 Slim, iPod Touch, or some more 360 stuff?

Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Izick
Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Izick

Okay, so I'm about to run into a bit of money soon and as the topic says, I can't decide what to get!

The Slim looks really cool, and the back and future catalog of games look very promising, yet I'm not sure if I should buy it since I have a 360 already.

My second choice is getting an iPod Touch, something that would come quite in handy, since I NEED an MP3 Player for the gym, and I have a crappy iPod Shuffle knock off right now.

My final choice is to just get maybe a bigger 360 HDD (I have a 20gb, that is almost completely done with space) and just get more games than I initally planned.

Any suggestions?

Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

I would say the Slim if the line up interests you. But I'll be damned if I could live without my Ipod. A bigger HDD isn't so appealing.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I say the PS3 just because of the excitement factor of opening up a brand new console.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I got my slim yesterday (Wed), and I love it.

Snuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Snuffy

As long as you have an mp3 player you should be fine, maybe that could come at a later time when you have more money to spend.  I would say PS3 slim or bigger HDD for your 360.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

Dude, always go for more games(meaning HDD). IF it had BC and you didn't own a PS2 i'd say the Slim. Ipod touch is tempting but you can get better dedicated gaming platforms that also play music (see PSP and DS) for cheaper. 

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89

If you NEED an mp3 player, then get it.

Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Izick
@Snuffy: Yeah, but I can't bring a PSP/DS to the Gym. They're a little too big, and....idk, it'd kind of look weird.

@rjayb89: I already have one....but it's kind of a crappy cheap one.
Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Izick

Oh, and one more thought.

If I decided to go the 360 only route. Would it be better to just trade in my Pro (just got it back from MS for e74 days ago) and upgrade to a 299$ Elite model? (Comes with bigger HDD, cooler chipset; less likely to RROD or E74)

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust

If you are going to be using your MP3 player at the gym, don't get a Ipod Touch.  Pick up a Nano, that should work for your needs assuming you are a only interested in Apple players.  Use the money you saved from buying a cheaper, more useful MP3 player on a PS3 Slim.  Come on, you know you want to check out Uncharted 2, MAG, Heavy Rain and/or Final Fantasy XIII.

Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Izick

Ugh thanks PenguinDust haha.....every time I think I know what I'm doing, I see something and my decision is in shambles....and they pull me back in...this is a tough one.....

Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Izick

I'm going to sleep, but I'd appreciate any more votes or advice when I check this tomorrow!

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By killdave
@PenguinDust said:
" If you are going to be using your MP3 player at the gym, don't get a Ipod Touch.  Pick up a Nano, that should work for your needs assuming you are a only interested in Apple players.  Use the money you saved from buying a cheaper, more useful MP3 player on a PS3 Slim.  Come on, you know you want to check out Uncharted 2, MAG, Heavy Rain and/or Final Fantasy XIII. "
But none of those games are actually out yet and could end up being complete and utter tripe ...
btk88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By btk88

Go for the PS3 slim

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Diamond

If you need a MP3 player get something cheap.  Unless you're one of those psychos that needs to carry 10000 songs with you wherever you go.  Don't get an Apple product, they're overpriced.

Get a PS3 slim, if you can afford a few PS3 games as well, or you rent stuff I guess.

A bigger 360 HDD is very nice, but if it's between that and a PS3, I'd probably just delete some stuff off the HDD I didn't need and get the Slim.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman
@killdave said:
" @PenguinDust said:
" If you are going to be using your MP3 player at the gym, don't get a Ipod Touch.  Pick up a Nano, that should work for your needs assuming you are a only interested in Apple players.  Use the money you saved from buying a cheaper, more useful MP3 player on a PS3 Slim.  Come on, you know you want to check out Uncharted 2, MAG, Heavy Rain and/or Final Fantasy XIII. "
But none of those games are actually out yet and could end up being complete and utter tripe ... "
Not to mention Final Fantasy is coming to 360 as well which he already owns.
juanvaldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By juanvaldes

Apple event is coming up, I believe it Sept 6th, if not around that date.  

If I were in your shoes, I'd get the PS3 and wait on the mp3 player. You obviously have something now and there are cheaper options then a full blown iPod Touch. Which you can buy in a fun months time once you have cash again.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Izick said:
"  Okay, so I'm about to run into a bit of money soon and as the topic says, I can't decide what to get!   The Slim looks really cool, and the back and future catalog of games look very promising, yet I'm not sure if I should buy it since I have a 360 already.   My second choice is getting an iPod Touch, something that would come quite in handy, since I NEED an MP3 Player for the gym, and I have a crappy iPod Shuffle knock off right now.   My final choice is to just get maybe a bigger 360 HDD (I have a 20gb, that is almost completely done with space) and just get more games than I initally planned.   Any suggestions? "
You should get the bigger 360 HDD. I'm glad I did. I've got 5-6 games installed on the HDD as well as many more downloadable arcades & I still have 30G of space free. It's worth having.
Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Izick

Okay, so it's down to the PS3 Slim and 360 HDD Upgrade.

So as I asked before, if I do go the 360 route, should I just trade in my Pro and get an Elite?

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GunnBjorn
@Izick said:
"Okay, so it's down to the PS3 Slim and 360 HDD Upgrade.  So as I asked before, if I do go the 360 route, should I just trade in my Pro and get an Elite? "

That's the dilemma i'm in as well. 
The Elite is a really cool console that can actually compete with the PS3, hardware-wise. 
And since Microsoft is about to discontinue the 'Premium/Pro' units, we should make haste selling the damn thing!
xDARKxKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xDARKxKnight

Im going to say (and vote) PS3. If i was in your position i would be stuck between the PS3 and iPod.

The PS3 will bring you more enjoyment than the iPod (that is hard for me to say because music is very important to me and i wouldnt be able to live without my iPod Touch). Some very exciting games coming out this as well :D

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Griddler

Definitely PS3

Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Izick

This is really tough.

I'm going to get about 200 bucks, so I'm going to have to work just to get the last 100$....hm....

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By angelkanarias

slim

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By zombie2011
@Izick said:
" Okay, so it's down to the PS3 Slim and 360 HDD Upgrade.  So as I asked before, if I do go the 360 route, should I just trade in my Pro and get an Elite? "
That sounds pretty good but i would check to see how much you can get for the trade in first. If its not worth it then just get the 120GB HDD. You're gonna need the space eventually so you might as well get it now.
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thecleric

OP, you know everyone's going to pick PS3 slim, it's new.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By RHCPfan24

PS3 Slim dude. Go for a new, excellent console, even despite its looks.

chogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chogi

slim.

Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Izick
@RHCPfan24 said:
" PS3 Slim dude. Go for a new, excellent console, even despite its looks. "
I actually like the way it looks. It looks like a game console, not a super computer with a glossy finish.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwoOneFive

trey skinny dawg

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Discorsi

mp3.  probably will see the most use.

blue_infin1ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By blue_infin1ty

Ask yourself this question:  Have I already played through all of the Xbox 360 games I have any interest in?  Personally, I already own a Xbox 360 and have no need to pick up a PS3.  I will never be able to complete all of the games for the Xbox I want to play through due to time constraint, therefore adding yet another system with more games into my library makes zero sense. 

Also, if you just want an mp3 player for working out with then look into a Sansa Clip (~$50 on Amazon) or another cheap solution.  I would strongly discourage taking something valuable with you to the gym.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By BigBoss1911

If you want an mp3 player,I wouldent the touch.Just for an mp3,an ipod nano or classic is a much better option since you get more space for cheaper.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By get2sammyb

Out of those choices I'd definitely pick the Slim. It doesn't even matter if your 360 remains your "main" console, you'll still have access to a ton of past and future exclusives. Which is well worth it.

Don't listen to what snarky folks say - there are a fair number of PS3 titles you should definitely check out, no matter what you're into. It definitely seems like the best investment from your choices. Plus there is no "further" investment, if you know what I mean. What I'm saying is, it's not like you're going to have to pick up another "online gaming" fee, because as I'm sure you know, the PSN is free. Therefore you can use it when you want to.

To me the debate between a bigger XBOX hard-drive or a full console is nonsense. I can't believe how expensive those 360 HDDs are. So limiting. I've got a 160GB in my PS3 and it cost me, what, £39 I think.

But at the end of the day, it is your money. Just my thoughts.

Izick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Izick

Okay, I have one final question....

How is watching videos with the PS3's internet browser?

I'd mostly be using the IB on the PS3 for Giantbomb and gametrailers vids. Do they run fairly well?

Oh and can I download the Bombcasts through my PS3 and put them on my MP3 from it?