• 97 results
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

For me, for now, it is the final boss of Heavenly Sword. The guy is hard with his colored bolts.

And for you?

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By phrali

MANEATERS

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jewunit

I could never get past the final battle with Dr. Wily in Mega Man 7. The shots he fires in his second form seem impossible to dodge. Even with a bunch of E-tanks, I still couldn't beat him.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By redcream

Lucifer from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne but I think it was because only my character has the Pierce ability in the party.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be Kael'thas Suntrider from World of Warcraft. Motherfucker was hard, but my guild eventually took him down after a week or so of attempts. (Also we killed Lady Vashj the first night we attempted her in about four hours. /brag) Those days are over, however. No more WoW for me.

In a single player game... probably has to be one of the NG Black bosses or Fatty and Spearman from Dark Souls. I had a lot of trouble with them as a pure melee character; only boss I fought in the Souls series that really gave me trouble, but I did stop playing Dark Souls before I finished it, so there may be something harder in there.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deathfury

@phrali said:

MANEATERS

Oh man, I'm gonna have to agree. That fight was so hard, I ended up resorting to the arrow through the fog door glitch to kill the first one.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Voldermort, the first Harry Potter game. Fuck was that hard. And confusing. It was like Dark Souls. It didn't tell you how to do it at all. Took me months.

I could probably do it easily now, that was when I was a bit younger.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By ProfessorK

Credo in DMC4 on DMD mode, but that's my fault cause I'm not great at the game anyway. But, without raising the difficulty I'd say the hardest boss I've fought in a game would have to be Omega Weapon in FFVIII. I only fought it once but when i did i think the fight took around a 1/2 hour. Then he killed me and by the grace of the gaming gods the phoenix summon activated and saved me. Good stuff :D

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deusx

Bosses are the thing I remember the least about games... One that comes to mind recently is Dumb and Dumber/Double Stuffed Oreos/Fat Boy Slim/Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough from Dark Souls. Although it was a really fun fight.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

I want to say Sigma, from Megaman X1, but I recently watched a Youtube video of that and he made it seem so easy. I remember it being fucking hard when I was like ten years old, though.

These days? I can't think of anything. Maybe it's because I no longer really get into frustrating games and I never really play anything on the hardest difficulties, even if they are well within my abilities. I'm mostly breezing through Mass Effect 3 right now and having a blast that I know I wouldn't be having on Insane.

I did beat Mega Man Zero 3 a few years ago, and actually thought that was relatively easy then. But I had long mastered dashing through every last thing by the time I got to the final boss.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By McGhee

@Deusx said:

Bosses are the thing I remember the least about games... One that comes to mind recently is Dumb and Dumber/Double Stuffed Oreos/Fat Boy Slim/Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough from Dark Souls. Although it was a really fun fight.

What I was going to say. And I beat those two all by myself, which I don't think many did. The really great thing about this boss fight is that you know it is completely winnable. It is not cheap at all. It just takes skill, reaction, and knowing what the two are going to do when. This is what makes the enemies in Dark Souls so damn great.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By UnrealDP

Dude, Ballos from Cave Story by far. The boss fight is the hardest in the game and there's no save point in the 30 minute level leading up to the fight. Did I also mention said level is the hardest in the game?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DrPockets000

I was on the hardest difficulty on El Shaddai and could not beat the final boss when he turns into that fucking bug thing.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

DMC3, the Agni and Rudra boss fight. I was literally stuck on that boss for about a year, granted I stopped playing after awhile before I picked it up again. When I finally beat them, it felt like quite an accomplishment. Then I got the first fight with Virgil and gave up on that game all together, eventually selling it. I find it funny that DMC3 is still my favorite game in the series even though it's the only one I've never finished. I haven't played it since then, and I can't wait to tackle it again when the HD Collection comes out.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By stryker1121

The skull boss thing near the end of NG Black. Had the game saved w/ no health potions and never could beat the guy.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spoonman671
marchismo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By marchismo

The optional boss battle with the Demi-fiend in Digital Devil Saga, or MM7 Dr. Wily as someone already mentioned.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Grillbar

@deathfury said:

@phrali said:

MANEATERS

Oh man, I'm gonna have to agree. That fight was so hard, I ended up resorting to the arrow through the fog door glitch to kill the first one.

he was not that bad was he i mean you just had to run around using the pitch thing in the middle as a shield. Old King was harder if you diddent use the acid cloud, or the false king. anyway thats just my opinion.

i dont really remember that many boss fights after i have beaten them but Ruby/Emerald weapon from ff7 still haunts my to this day since you basicly had to grind to max lvl and getting the best of everything in the game and you could still get killed easily

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By Hailinel

@marchismo said:

The optional boss battle with the Demi-fiend in Digital Devil Saga, or MM7 Dr. Wily as someone already mentioned.

The hilarious thing about the Demi-Fiend battle is that the music for the fight is the standard random encounter music from Nocturne. That's what he thinks of Serph's party.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#22  Edited By jacksukeru

Nightmare from Metroid Fusion is a memorable one, it was mostly a pain because its attacks where hard to dodge and its vunerable spot was a real pain to hit. A lot of the bosses in the first two Metroid Prime games were no joke either, especially the final ones.

Oh and I totally steamrolled Calvin & Hobbes in Dark Souls on my own the other day, feels good man.

DaViCuTTeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DaViCuTTeR

007-373-5963

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McShank

@Deusx said:

I always thought Fatty and his little girlfriend were one of the easiest but I did like how their fight mechanics were..I am having a hard time finding the fight to be hard like what others say :( There are many bosses besides those 2 that I found really hard and i beat the game 6 times on same character which makes all bosses pure dicks. Not saying im super great at the game but damn, that fight was one of the fights i couldn't wait for just to get past it to be that much further :D.. Now the 4 kings on NG++ and beyond just sucks.. not a fun fight.. one that I really never want to do again..

But the hardest boss I ever remember fighting would have to be Kel'Thuzad from Vanilla wow.. Talk about a raid that is yet to be rivaled on wow yet. The original raid was a nightmare with the whole resistance and needing the top gear possible to even attempt it.. MM such fun times.. Never downed him with guild before expansion hit but i did fight him a few times and boy that was not a fun fight.. 40 peeps in a small room.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By BoG

Final Fantasy games come to mind. Zeromus was probably the most difficult victory I've ever earned in my life, but this was mostly due to my characters being underlevelled. Omega Weapon in Final Fantasy VIII is probably the toughest boss ever, and I can't beat him. I have all of my characters at level 100, and 99 of the strongest spells junctioned to all stats... but I have nothing on level 5 death (Well, this was like 8 years ago, so...)

Rehtayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rehtayne

I have very unpleasant memories of the first boss in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Game Gear.

Kovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kovie

The three-staged boss to hell in Cave Story. That shit was stressful, and dying meant going back to the start of the level. But it was completely awesome.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JonSmith

Either Sephiroth in KH2, or Red in Megaman X7.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Animasta

that I ever fought? Margaret in P4 was pretty hard I guess.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Enigma777
devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By devilzrule27

I had this one battle with a boss I had at Best Buy over how we should display our small appliances a few years back. That was a tough one but I prevailed and small appliance sales doubled!

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Th3_James

That woman demon thing in the xbox version of ninja gaiden in the church.....FUCK that boss fight....

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#33  Edited By BeachThunder
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jay444111

@BeachThunder said:

Crawmerax.

Dude... fuck that glitchy ass thing man! The only way to beat him solo is to RUN strait for this certain crack and be lucky and skilled enough to actually ship that purple crap he has on him. Also a rocket launcher is basically needed for it because there are few, if any that can actually manage to do the job.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

@OneKillWonder_ said:

DMC3, the Agni and Rudra boss fight. I was literally stuck on that boss for about a year, granted I stopped playing after awhile before I picked it up again. When I finally beat them, it felt like quite an accomplishment. Then I got the first fight with Virgil and gave up on that game all together, eventually selling it. I find it funny that DMC3 is still my favorite game in the series even though it's the only one I've never finished. I haven't played it since then, and I can't wait to tackle it again when the HD Collection comes out.

I feel what you are saying. Mine would DEFINITELY be Virgil round 2 on DMD mode in DMC3 vanilla - not the special edition where DMD is just the vanilla modes hard version. MAN was that a difficult fight

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iam3green

the last guy in megaman X. he was super fast was pretty much the cheap part of it, from my memory.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Ctrl+F's "SNK", no results.

Yeah, almost any SNK boss.

mattdragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mattdragn

I reckon it's the three stage rocket ship from Megaman 9 in Willy's castle. I have been stuck against that mofo for a year and a half.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember there being a couple fights in DMC2 where your only option was to chip away at a boss slowly, so the fights would drag on for an eternity. That's wasn't necessarily hard though, just tedious. Other than that, I don't really remember any hard boss fights, the most recent game I've played with actual "bosses" was Dark Souls and those were fairly easy.

Papa_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Papa_XIV

Evrae in FFX. I still remember it vividly... I never managed to pass that game because it doesn't let you save after you beat the boss and you get killed right afterwards. The boss itself was ridiculously hard as well!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DeF

@Jeust said:

For me, for now, it is the final boss of Heavenly Sword. The guy is hard with his colored bolts.

And for you?

oh yea, that dude sucked! I loved the game completely up until that point 'cause that counter move or whatever it was you needed to do, I had immense trouble pulling it off correctly and never really had use for that before.

Other candidates that come to mind are Metal Gear Ray(s) and umm... who was it? Liquid? At the end of MGS2 ... man ... so frustrating. Both end bosses in MGS1 and MGS2 were brutally hard for me - even on easy or normal.

Then there is also Metroid Prime where you fight the ... Metroid Prime at the end. It took me several tries over the course of 6-7 years until I finally managed to beat that thing last year during Metroid anniversary month :) I remember that one huge walking boss in a cave somewhere in the middle or last third of the game was hard as hell but that was so many years ago, I don't really remember that.

Cursed Mountain also had a stupid endboss that I had to retry over and over again after figuring out the patterns.

Then there's the final boss in Donkey Kong Country Returns ... I had real trouble with this one as well. Oh and pretty much any boss in 3D Dot Game Heroes, especially if you were trying to "book" them (=defeating them WITH the bestiary instead of your sword so it records them) AND not take damage for the trophy. Man ... I still need to finish that game.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By supamon

For some reason I can only think of the secret Sephiroth battle from Kingdom Hearts 2.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mordukai

@deathfury said:

@phrali said:

MANEATERS

Correction. Maneater, singular. Only once you get to that boss you realize it's plural.

Avatar image for deactivated-643fcf03a370c
deactivated-643fcf03a370c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Winged Serpent boss from Outland. There are just so many falling bombs that are way too easy to run into, and having to replay that running section every single time becomes frustrating and tedious fast. So yeah, I havent managed to beat it yet, which is why I've given up on Outland for now.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cheesebob

Shao Khan on anything but Easy. Fuck Him. Especially in the Challenge Tower.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#46  Edited By galiant

I remember King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country 2 to be a real pain at the time.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lockwoodx

Beating Techromancer enough times to unlock everything is more controller inducing than super meat boy.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Papa_XIV

Evrae in FFX. I still remember it vividly... I never managed to pass that game because it doesn't let you save after you beat the boss and you get killed right afterwards. The boss itself was ridiculously hard as well!

Holy fuck someone else who hated Evrae?! Goddammit! Fuck that guy. I beat him thanks to a really lucky hit with Wakka. I'd have to go with him, the first or third Seymour fights, and the Final Aeon. All of those fights roughed me up really bad.
Papa_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Papa_XIV

@MariachiMacabre:How did you pass the part right after Evrae (with the flamethrowers and robots)? I've recently started playing FFX again (never finished when i first got it in 2002) and can't seem to get past that part, and it is really annoying because i would love to see the ending of that game!

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShadowKing7

The Guy from I Wanna Be The Guy. So many deaths...so many deaths!