What was your biggest gaming accomplishment?

• 69 results
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kaos_cracker

This could mean anything, from getting every achievement in a game, to actually doing every quest in World of Warcraft, what do you feel is your best accomplishment during your time of gaming.

For me it comes down to a few things. Managing to beat every Call of Duty on Veteran, except World at War, because fuck those last two levels, and finishing both Amnesia games. I love horror games but having the stress of playing Amnesia makes it very difficult to beat, and I'm glad I did. On a side note, I'm really glad I beat both Dark Souls games.

Edit: I also wanna add that I was able to speed run Braid.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm fairly proud I'm two games away of catching up to playing the Metal Gear games. And yeah, beating Dark Souls felt great, felt like a real accomplishment.

Sekundes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Playing F-Zero GX to completion, including beating the staff ghosts. Maybe not my biggest, but one that just popped into my head.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

I used to be the 10th ranked Killzone Liberation player (in North America, since there is no cross region play). The multiplayer in that is so good. I wish they'd make another game like that, or even port the multiplayer to another system. There is a lot of good things to say about the multiplayer design in that game but I'll say the best is that every player has a syringe that can heal a teammate, but not themselves. Combined with how the weapons were balanced it forced players to move in pairs. If all shooters had players spawn with a syringe instead of a grenade then I'd be happy.

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As a kid I beat Nick Bruiser in 5.53 seconds in Super Punch-Out!! on my SNES which, last I checked, is better than any time recorded. I have NO idea how I did it. I was really good at the game, and had great patterns for each enemy and I once just hit him right and he got KO'd. That particular pattern had him getting knocked down around the 6 second mark, but he always got back up. That was worked into the pattern. He just...didn't get back up. What I presume is that there's an infinitesimal chance each boss can not get back up, even when knocked down the first time like 99.999%. Each time, and depending on how you knock down the boss, that percentage drops and can even go to 0% for some bosses. Perhaps I got the 0.001% chance. I don't know. I didn't do anything different than my normal routine, in which I used to beat him in under 20 seconds. Naturally, this was before the internet was super wide and my family didn't have it. I had no way of recording this feat and broadcasting it. Also, every so often my SNES games would just lose their saves, and of course the save is gone forever. I'll just have to live with it in my heart.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I was 4th in the world at one point in Rainbow Six 3 multiplayer.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For about two years when I first moved out of home I lived with three other dudes, and every day we played 3 versus 1 Halo (them vs me) on blood gulch. We lost track after a while, but I only lost 1 in every 20 or so matches. I have no idea how I got so good. A few years back I picked it up again at a college thing and I sucked ass.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Jeust

I finished Ninja Gaiden on the NES.

I was one of the best players worldwide in Dark Throne Omega, and best national wide.

And I also organized, with armaan814, the Runes of Magic odyssey here on Giantbomb, yeah!

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of single player, probably beating Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja difficulty. In terms of general gaming, I would probably say within SC2, there are these moments where I got into this very strange focused mode which turned me into a 200 APM champ and I do things I look back at and I wonder if its really me playing. Its just so great to feel like you can pull off some ridiculous tasks that seemed insurmountable.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Jeust

I organized Giantbomb's Runes of Magic romp, with armaan814. And it was awesome! :)

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

One time I was playing through a chase mission in GTA IV...I was low on amo and the shots I had previously taken at the driver missed. I only had one bullet and my car just started to catch on fire from taking too much damage. I jumped out of the car while it was still moving, guy in motorcycle rolls up, I take it from him, speed like crazy to catch up to the car before the mission fails, realize I still only had one bullet, point at gas tank, shoot, car explodes in a glorious ball of fire. Unfortunately the bike caught some of the blow, it starts to catch on fire, I see one of those big semi trucks with a ramp attached, drive full speed up ramp, bail out at the top of the jump, the trajectory of the jump placed me over the ocean so I use my parachute to glide safely to the coast while I turn the camera around to see that semi blow up from my motorcycles explosion causing a massive reaction of explosions on the bridge.

Shit was cool.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Back in my World of Warcraft craze, I hit 2650 in arena (3v3) and was apart of a world first raid kill (I think it was Malygos).

WacWam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won a game with teamwork in a random match of dota.

I beat Resident Evil 6, one of most uninteresting games I've ever played.

Beat Silent Hill 2 35 times.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Finished Sonic the Hedgehog on one life... Oh, and I travelled to France from England and back again in the middle of doing so.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By BeachThunder
No Caption Provided

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy with the amount of games I have beaten to full completion, including their hardest difficulty/challenges, but my greatest accomplishment might be finishing Dead Space. It was both the first 18 (R) rated game I played to completion, and the first horror game I played. My parents were pretty strict about mature games, and I was always a wuss about horror, so getting through Dead Space marked somewhat of a shift in the amount of games I could and wanted to play.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ranking 1st in the world on "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs with our "band" in Rockband named Entercour5e- The only naughty name we could get past censorship.

Beating every major MGS with no alerts. Looking to you Phantom Pain!

Blood Gulch in Halo multiplayer: Crushing one friend against the base wall with a jeep then almost simultaneously jumping out and shotgunning another friend in the face while my body was still airborne.

Avatar image for thefantasticfillip
TheFantasticFillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say getting S ranks on everything on Metal Gear Rising: Revengence on the Revengence difficulty. Fuck I love that game.

I was also ranked as one of the top 10 commanders in the world on Chromehounds, a mech game no one played or remembers, but was awesome in it's own flawed way. I was like 14 or something leading my squad, and we also had a top ten sniper and a couple top ten heavy artillery guys as well. Some of my favorite multiplayer memories ever come from that game; if it's concepts are ever iterated upon in a meaningful way, we would have an instant classic on our hands.

Now I'm slowly but surely working my way through Bayonetta 2 with a 100% pure platinum infinite climax run in my sights... just pretty far off in my sights. I have precious little time for games, and Persona 4 has been currently taking it all up (I'd like to beat the 60-70 hour game sometime in my life). I hold out faith that one day this will be my crowning accomplishment.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play Eve Online.

Mainwaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably beating Ikaruga with a single credit. That game is nuts!

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I have two?

Getting my first Fire Cape in Runescape. You go through like 60 waves of enemies and then fight a big red monster thing, and it's pretty tough if you're an idiot like me. If you die, you have to do it all over again, and it takes like 3 hours to get to the end. Took me like 5 attempts to beat the guy. They reward you with a sick cape made of lava.

And then I was pretty satisfied when I got that ring in Dark Souls 2, the one where you have to not rest at a single bonfire and still beat the game. I can't tell you how many times I had to run backwards through Shrine of Amana and then through the stormy castle place to beat the Throne Watcher/Defender and Nashandra.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Building my first PC last week.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nothing major comes to mind but I did beat all the Souls games even Demon's Souls back when it wasn't that well known, the whole thing was in Japanese so trying to read the menu's was near impossible.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Beating the hell level in Spelunky is up probably the greatest gaming moment I've had in recent years. And getting the damn achievement for launching the garden gnome in the rocket in Half-life 2 episode 2 was another.

Zachatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest accomplishment was to stop playing World of Warcraft.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being ranked in the top 3 UK 1.6 CS clans / beating 4 Kings in a PCW -- largely in part to a good solo-performance play from myself in clutch situations.

corporalgregg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By corporalgregg

I had million+ point combos in every stage of THPS2. Revert's for suckers. Met Tony Hawk and a bunch of other pro skaters/bmxers at the Boom Boom Huck Jam tour back whenever Tony Hawk's Underground came out because I won a local competition. Got tickets to the show and played the game at the half-time. Sitting in the middle of the Air Canada Centre playing PS2 against a friend (he was the other finalist) while it broadcast on the jumbotron for thousands of people was pretty weird.

Also, I made a Guitar Hero 5 video involving Kurt Cobain's avatar that Jeff linked to in a news article and was featured in Rolling Stone, CNN and other places before Courtney Love went apeshit on Twitter over it and Activision had my Youtube account completely destroyed. Fun times. I hate Activision, but they have provided me with some of my favourite gaming memories. Here's the video on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/11612156

I'd probably consider deeply pissing off Courtney Love as a life accomplishment, not just a gaming one.

I was at one point the highest ranked Canadian on the Rock Band 1 and 2 guitar leaderboards. Was #1 on the guitar score duel rankings for a while too, damn I was sad to see that feature go in Rock Band 3. I think I was still ranked in the top 100 overall for guitar in RB3 on xbox 360 when I stopped playing online regularly.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Probably more of a weird situation than actual achievement, but I finished the original Zelda while naked in the middle of the night when I was a kid. My mom had forced me to bed at the usual hour and I swore to stay awake til everyone else was asleep. I also figured I'd sneak better naked, which now has been well-established a decade or two later by Raiden.

Sadly my victory yell gave me away and I wasn't allowed to play videogames for a THREE WHOLE DAYS.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably it was beating Castlevania 3, beating Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, or making it into a endgame linkshell in Final Fantasy XI that also happened to be the first linkshell on my server, and do endgame with them.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Beating dark souls felt pretty awesome. That smough and ornstien fight in particular gave me a rush of happiness I hadn't felt for a game in a while since then. I guess the other was back in 2010 or 2011, where I saw the credits of Tales of Vesperia. You might wonder "Why is that such a big deal?" Well, I almost never finish Jrpg's. Before that I think that last time it happened was Pokemon sapphire... around it's release.

Other minor achievments

• Getting my gamerscore on Xbox live past 50,000. (After that I fell off the whole "Achievement" thing across all platforms.)
  • Prestiging in Modern Warfare 2. (The only Cod multiplayer I got really into.)
  • Beating the Elite Four in Pokemon Gold when I was a kid. (Still never beaten red or blue. Come on Nintendo! Release those games on the E shop or something!)
  • Playing a game on my very first gaming Pc. It was Ftl of all things. Really testing the limits there.
  • Beating Ni No Kuni. (Again, haven't beaten that many Jrpg's in my life.)
  • Convincing my parents to let me get an Xbox live account way back when I was like 13 or 14? That was where my love affair with MW2 began...
  • Beating Kingdom heats 2... I know, I know. "Kingdom hearts is way too easy." Well, when I played it at 12 and 13 years old it was not.
Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completing Satrfox/Starwing on the Snes. It was my first game I ever completed.....for some reason I decided "I am completing this game." It wasn't even my most favoured game I just sat there for 13 hours ages 7 on a sunday afternoon playing it to completion.

The irony? It is also the ONLY time I beat the game, I could get to the end after that nope never finished it again.

Same goes for Soleil a JRPG about being able to talk to animals, sorta Zelda like gameplay (by alot it was alike). I completed it with only a little bit of help from my dad also this was when I was 7.

petedee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By petedee

This.

No Caption Provided

Annoyingly they wiped the high scores soon after...

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have many proud moments but the one I'll share now happened just yesterday.

My friend was telling me how he platinumed the mordor game earlier this week. He said, "oh you still dont have a platinum n any console do you?" I told him I had one thing left in arkham city because I loved that game so much but left it in the past with the ps3 era and am trying to move on to this generation more. I finally thought about it and popped the disk back in and fell in love with the combat all over again. It's really like riding a bike how you just instantly remember all the combos and finisher moves.

I spent 2 days (probably 5-6 hours total) attempting that freeflow 2.0 trophy. You have to do it in the 3rd wave of the combat challenge in the survival of the fittest level. So many times I would mess up or miss time a button press and would have to start all over form the first wave. So many times I was at 12 of the 13 moves needed to achieve the trophy until some asshole with a knife cuts me!

Attempt after attempt I failed but would slowly derive a formula that when it came to the last 3 thugs left I would almost panic because I knew what was at stake. Finally it was down to 2 thugs, they both attacked me at the same time. I had one move left, the ground takedown (where batman leaps on top of a man and punches him in the face. its a long animation and you are left vulnerable to attacks without a chance to counter enemies). The 2 men both attacked and I countered both. One man was out for good while the other was dazed on the ground. I jammed that R2 and triangle button so hard I thought my 7 year controller wouldn't take it. And there it is, the caped crusader leaped through the air in slow motion, landed on the thug that stood between me and the end of my journey, and he just punched him square in the dick to end the wave.

It took about 10 seconds for the trophy to pop up so i thought i missed a necessary move until finally that icon appeared on my screen! Seriously the most equivalent experience ever to a buzzer beater or last second win in any sports event. Thats my story!

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

I made it to the semifinal round of the Chicago regional in the 11-and-under bracket of the Nintendo World Championships, which basically makes me an eSports pioneer and officially one of the Top 50 gamers in the Chicago area until the end of time. Only one round away from a trip to Universal Studios!

Loading Video...

I'm convinced I could've gone farther, but I had the highest qualifying score in my group so I got to sit in the big throne with the giant screen on the wall. Just knowing that a couple hundred people were watching me play Nintendo caused me to me choke like you wouldn't believe. They were heckling me by the end, I was ten!

Wait, is this thread for greatest gaming accomplishment or greatest gaming shame? I guess this was kinda both.

lowcaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completed Half-Life 2 in 2 hours.

niflhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beating Mike Tyson ranks up there. It was by decision, but I'm okay with that.

There's a few 100%s I'm proud of (such as Dark Souls, Deus Ex:HR, FFX HD, Metroid Prime 1), but Mike Tyson reigns supreme.

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the speedrun record for Kabuki Quantum Fighter on the NES (10:26).

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#40  Edited By TheMasterDS

I was number one on the Tony Hawk Downhill Jam DS ranked ladder for a bit. That was pretty cool. The key was to go fast and only play races.

I got all the gold time attacks and hard mode versions completed in DKCTF. That was pretty fucking hard.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I was fourth in the world on the Endurance leaderboard for the first month that Beat Hazard came out.

I was the main caster for the first Giant Bomb Community Dota 2 Tournament, which at its peak on the most-viewed game had something like 3500 viewers. Still surreal to think about. I legitimately think I could've kept growing as a community caster if I hadn't had to move back home from college and get a job. Getting back into casting and streaming is my white whale.

nevalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have achievements at the level of some others here, but two that come to mind are:

1. 100% Metroid: Zero Mission in under an hour. I threw my gba into the wall so many times when I messed up a segment, I have no idea how it still works, or how the game cart still retains the time attack data.

2. Getting 'The Undying' achievement in World of Warcraft. Basically, go through a 10-man Naxxramas raid in one lockout period where no one dies. I was a healer for that run, so it made me feel extra proud, though it took high skill from everyone to do it.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sekundes: I beat the SNES, and n64 f zeros but found that game cube version the hardest and I just didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Beating Dark Souls felt pretty good, though I know I'm not exactly unique in doing that.

I also 100%-ed Super Mario Galaxy, and what I mean by that is that I got every single goddamn star and then unlocked Luigi and got every single star again. Another one that's not as hard as a lot of other people's achievements seem, but still, I'm glad I did that. I also 100%-ed Super Mario 3D Land, (every star coin, every gold flag, beat every level with both Mario and Luigi) including the evil final level that only unlocks after doing everything else in the game. That was actually pretty tough. I 100%-ed A Link Between Worlds on both difficulty settings, though that's actually not that hard to do.

Beating the side bosses in Golden Sun 2 was pretty brutal, at least I remember it being that way. I haven't touched that game in a long time.

I still think that out of all of those things I said, beating Dark Souls was the hardest.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not necessarily THAT hard, but getting all the trophies in Batman: Arkham Asylum was one of the most satisfying platinums I ever got.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a very similar version of this thread that frequently gets necroed to the main fourm page, someone should consider finding it and merging.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

100% San Andreas.. Haters gonna hate.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting Platinum God in the Binding of Isaac was pretty satisfying. Now I'm going for Real Platinum God in Rebirth.

Getting the Speedlunky achievement in Spelunky and beating Hell were both pretty great.

In Halo 3 multiplayer, I got around 30 kills on one life in Halo 3 on the map Last Resort. Last Resort is my favorite map because of that memory.

Beating the Flagship in FTL was amazing, but I hate that fight because the game is pretty luck based.

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

Beating Dracula in Castlevania, shooting every freaking bird in GTA IV, but above all, getting every single ending in Chrono Trigger

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kasaioni

I've platinumed all the MGS games, but platinuming MGS2 was so difficult. Especially these two things. Those later VR missions are the most difficult thing I've ever done in a video game. Not to mention Snake Tales; MGS2 with no radar ain't fun the first time through.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided