Whats happening with Silicon Knights?

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Psynapse

Their site hasn't been updated in nearly a year and from what I have seen there hasn't really been any announcement of Too Human 2 or any other IP. Has anyone heard around the traps whats been going on with Dyack and crew? Although Too Human had many many flaws, i still liked the game and I would still play the next one if it were to ever be made...

So GB community? Anyone have an idea?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

They're making their next revolutionary game. 

*Snicker.*

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By roofy

if i remember correctly they were working on a game for a japanese publisher.

on second thought.....dont hold me to that

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArchScabby

That's a good question, I have no idea.... huh.

I would like to know since I played way more Too Human then I should have.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By thedj93

They'll release another game in ten years, don't worry about it

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

They're busy keeping Denis Dyack locked up so he doesn't greenlight Too Human II:  Too Humaner.

NynJah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By NynJah

Their working on Eternal Darkness Forever so leave them be!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox

They're finishing up their final game before they're dissolved. A couple new studios will form from SK's demise. But only one will end up making any games that will cross this website. So spaketh NostraKlorox.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy

Well, they're definitely up to something... I remember going to their website almost a year ago and they were doing some hiring. I am interested in them continuing the Too Human franchise because the setting and story have so much potential, as long as they fix some of the things from the first game (even though I love Too Human). I don't know if that'll happen though, sales weren't so great. Maybe they're refining their skills? 

Was the final scene of Too Human not epic?! And when they were all sitting around the table and talking, so intense...  

I hate how they have such a bad name just because of Too Human, which still doesn't deserve the hate. Too Human was originally a PS1 game, then switched to Dreamcast, then Gamecube, then Xbox, then Xbox 360. If you look at early builds of the game, it was totally different and way more cybernetic. After seeing all the old versions I am glad that they went with the Too Human that was released, but another one in the series with improvements would be awesome. 

They are capable of great things - look at Eternal Darkness.

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chyro

I liked Too Human...  Definitely not most epic game ever but still a lot of fun.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Andorski

A quick look at siliconknights.net shows that they are:

1. Still working on suing Epic over Unreal Engine 3.
  2. Having Dennis Dyack bitch about used game sales, multiple console markets, game reviews... anything bad happening to them game developers, really.
  3. Supporting the insanity - that is - the Too Human community.
NynJah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NynJah

Here's the latest I can find on them. They were supposed to be working with SEGA on a title as well.

http://www.destructoid.com/silicon-knights-the-box-surfaces-yet-again-156402.phtml

NynJah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NynJah
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By EpicSteve

TOO HUMAN 2 MOTHER FUCKERS!

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Ineedaname

Genuine question: Why was Too human so hyped?
Regardless of the quality, I never actually played it, and my online gaming site use was alot less before that game's release, but now when I hear about it, it seems people were really expecting something huge. At least that's the vibe I'm getting.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By MildMolasses
NynJah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NynJah
@Ineedaname said:
" Genuine question: Why was Too human so hyped? Regardless of the quality, I never actually played it, and my online gaming site use was alot less before that game's release, but now when I hear about it, it seems people were really expecting something huge. At least that's the vibe I'm getting. "
Because it was in development since the PS1 days
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Andorski
@Ineedaname said:
" Genuine question: Why was Too human so hyped? Regardless of the quality, I never actually played it, and my online gaming site use was alot less before that game's release, but now when I hear about it, it seems people were really expecting something huge. At least that's the vibe I'm getting. "
It was a mini-Duke Nukem Forever.  The game was originally announced for the PS1, then it moved to the Gamecube, and it was finally announced for the 360 where it's release actually looked plausible.  Then there was the PR that kept on calling the game "Diablo with DMC-style combat."  Lastly, this was when Dennis Dyack channeled his inner David Jaffe and went on a gaming media storm, denouncing multiple consoles in the industry, Unreal Engine 3, and the preview/review process on gaming publications.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel
@Ineedaname said:
Because it was essentially being worked on off and on for around ten years.

This isn't to say that the game had been worked on for ten years straight.  It originally began as a multi-disc PS1 title.  Then Silicon Knights partnered with Nintendo and the game was put on the backburner while they worked on Eternal Darkness and then Twin Snakes.  They went back to serious work on Too Human after parting with Nintendo, but by then, the project had evolved to a point that didn't resemble the original game concept at all, and was pretty much a different game in everything but name.
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By scarace360

their working on three human. it will be like 2 human but good and will have 3 player co-op. It will come out in 2018

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mariek430

I was about to ask if I was the only one who actually enjoyed Too Human. Glad i'm not the only crazy person out there.

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By JeevesPleez

I want them to make another Too Human so we can get another one of these: