• 55 results
#1 Posted by meaninoflife42 (551 posts) -

Goddammit I want to play this game bad.  But why do I have the feeling that this will be the next Duke Nukem Forever?

#2 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1336 posts) -

nope

#3 Posted by JasonR86 (9724 posts) -

It'll come out when it is ready.

#4 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

When Gordon Freeman speaks.

#5 Posted by Brendan (8124 posts) -

Oh come on, there's no way you believe an Episode 3 is coming out now. It's clearly going to be Half-Life 3 that comes out next. We get this thread about once every three months.

#6 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

#7 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

it ain't, quit asking.

#8 Edited by s7evn (1072 posts) -

I'd like to think 2012, but probably not :(

#9 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

NEVER

#10 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Haha

#11 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

I should probably replay the games at this point. I honestly can't remember too much about them.

#12 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2402 posts) -

WHEN IT'S READY

#13 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

Giant Bomb should just say that Episode 3 will be their next Endurance Run. Then we can lump all of those threads together.

#14 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Come now. Have you not learned to pretend that Valve doesn't exist until they release things? It'll be done whenever, and it will be awesome.

#15 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5400 posts) -

I feel this is as valid

#16 Posted by Capt_Ventris (597 posts) -

@DAFTPUNK said:

NEVER

NEVER!

#17 Posted by BeachThunder (12403 posts) -

When Gearbox decide to take over Half-Life...again...

#18 Posted by slyspider (1363 posts) -

I stopped caring.... L4D 4 will come out first

#19 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

Next consoles, Valve is multi-platform now and they probably realize that with the current generation it would be hard to really improve over HL2.  At least thats my theory.

#20 Posted by JB16 (745 posts) -
#21 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

When they find the right voice actor for the main character
#22 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

3/21/12.

Obviously.

#23 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

Hopefully never.

#24 Posted by John_Lawlz (110 posts) -
@JB16 Love.
#25 Posted by Soapy86 (2618 posts) -

I don't care anymore. Portal has replaced Half-Life as my favorite Valve franchise. Which isn't to say I wouldn't be insanely hyped when Valve finally announces a new Half-Life, but it's just not something I think about anymore.  

Having said that, I think it will be next year. They don't have any other big releases on the horizon. I doubt they would make another Portal so soon, I can't see them doing another Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress for a while. The only two games they're working on, that I'm aware of anyway, are Half-Life and DOTA 2. Unless the rumor about them reviving Prospero is true, in which case, they're working on that as well. But my point is, they've been working on a new Half-Life for a long-ass time, and now that they don't have any other big games to get in the way, I think  the time is right. 

#26 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

it's never going to come out. stop asking, it will come out when valve says so.

#27 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

O U MEAN HL3.

#28 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Whenever Valve damn well feels like it. Their primary cash cow is the Steam store not making video games.

#29 Posted by big_jon (5782 posts) -

I gave up on that a long time ago.

#30 Posted by DeeGee (2139 posts) -

Why do people keep comparing this to Duke Nukem Forever? It's been what, 4 years? A huge majority of games take longer then that to make.

#31 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

Lol, look at this guy he thinks that Episode 3 is a real thing.

#32 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

You guys are forgetting one specific difference: the Half Life games were legitimately good.

#33 Edited by Soap (3640 posts) -

@Capt_Ventris said:

@DAFTPUNK said:

NEVER

NEVER!

#34 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

NEVER!

#35 Posted by emem (1974 posts) -

@JB16 said:

Very nice idea and funny, but the dialogue is a nightmare.

#36 Posted by Tanikaze (68 posts) -
@DeeGee said:

Why do people keep comparing this to Duke Nukem Forever? It's been what, 4 years? A huge majority of games take longer then that to make.

I do not think the majority of games take four years to make. Additionally Portal 2 was Episode 3, sorry you missed it
#37 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3084 posts) -

Half Life: Episode 3: Portal 3
#38 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

The real question this late in the game is if Episode 3, will be "Episode 3" at all. 
Who knows what form the next installment of Half-Life will be. I'm guessing at this point they just make Half-Life 3.

#39 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

They've been waiting to get Portal 2 out the door so they can go nuts and release Episode 3, Portal 3 and Team Fortress 3 in March 3 - 2013.

#40 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

Never. They're probably going to jump straight to HL3.

#41 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Haven't they stated they're abandoning the "episodic" thing?

#42 Posted by Borodin (417 posts) -

@JB16: that is amazing!

#43 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@ShadowSkill11 said:

Whenever Valve damn well feels like it. Their primary cash cow is the Steam store not making video games.

Which perfectly explains why they've been releasing more games and game content than ever before 

...?
#44 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I think too much time has passed for them to just go and put out Episode 3, they would also have to put it out on years old hardware, they'll just put out Half Life 3.

#45 Edited by atomic_dumpling (2482 posts) -

I maintain my theory that they wrote themselves so far into a corner that they just can't come up with a decent script - and here is why: 

But then again, I am no writer. I just don't see how they could pull that off without taking lame cliched shortcuts.
#46 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

I'm going for when hell freezes over.

#47 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

@Pinworm45 said:
@ShadowSkill11 said:

Which perfectly explains why they've been releasing more games and game content than ever before  ...?
Actually... 

It does. Valve purchased Turtle Rock to develop the Left 4 Dead series, and Portal 2 is a combination of two separate teams of promising college grads with brilliant ideas.
#48 Posted by spartan1017 (222 posts) -

The next Half-Life will come out when it comes out. Whether that's HL3, Episodes 3... who knows.

#49 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

its never coming out....they'll probably just make Half-life 3 picking up from the events of Episode 2.

#50 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
@iam3green said:
it's never going to come out. stop asking, it will come out when valve says so.
You contradicted yourself, bud.