Which next generation console will you buy first?

• 140 results
forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By forkboy

I really have no idea. It depends which is cheaper, what has better exclusive titles & most importantly, what my friends end up getting. I don't want to be the only one sticking with a 360 when everyone has moved to PS4 for the next gen. I'd be biased towards the 360 successor assuming I'd still be able to use my digital content like Rock Band tracks, but if not then I'd probably not upgrade to the next gen for quite a while. There's still plenty on this gen I've not actually played yet, like the entire Modern Warfare series, I never really gave Gears of War a shot, Alan Wake, Battlefield games, never actually finished Arkham Asylum, & goodness knows what else I've missed so far. I'm not exactly desperate to upgrade yet.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Castiel

Playstation.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#103  Edited By ProfessorEss

Barring some extreme circumstances I assume it'd be the next XBox. This assumption is based mainly on Nintendo heading in a direction I don't really care for and Sony to really dig it's claws into me with the PS3 this generation.

That being said, anything could happen and any one of them could announce a deal-breaking feature (i.e. locking retail discs to an account/user, going download only, etc.). Who knows I may even crawl back to my PC and beg it for forgiveness by that time.

Chances are I'll be playing the 360 and PS3 for the first year or so of the next generation.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By AlexW00d

My PC is already more powerful than the next round of consoles, so I'll just stick with them. I might opt for the PS4 when it comes down in price because Sony have the very few console exclusives I don't dislike, but tbh, we've really got to wait and see.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Eaxis

I do not see the Wii U being for me, and Sony need to handle the Playstation better, so probably the new Xbox.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#106  Edited By AndrewB

The one with the more interesting feature set and game lineup. I'd add "the one that isn't defective," but I suppose that won't be known 'till long after I've already bought.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#107  Edited By sickVisionz

Probably the Xbox but assuming that their isn't an issue with multiplats being universally bad on one system compared to the other, the first device that gets to $249 or $299 w/Game will have a major major advantage in my eyes. Regardless of anything, I won't be buying more than one. This gen, the first gen I've ever purchased two consoles (gaming since the NES), solidified that one console is more than enough for me.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Jimbo

Probably the first one (that isn't WiiU).

mortal_sb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By mortal_sb

too early to say

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By NTM

A. Depending on if it looks promising. If I wait too long get it, and another one comes along and looks better, I'll get that first I guess.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#111  Edited By Liquidus

Most likely the next PlayStation but it'll be probably at least a year or more after that thing comes out for me to buy it because I know A: it'll be way too expensive and B: there will hardly be any games worth while on it. I can't see me getting the next Xbox unless they get better exclusives but I might get the Wii-U....that way I'll also catch up on all the Wii games I missed out on this gen.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#112  Edited By Valkyr

The next Playstation, because it has been the best console manufacturer since the PS1, when you buy a Sony console you get the low failure rate, the exclusives, the classy form factor and a device that is pretty much ready to go, remember the phat 360 that didn't have wi-fi, hdmi, HDD, free online and all the stuff was propietary, cables, HDD, transfer kit, the gamepads don't even come with a rechargeable battery!, you had to buy the battery or start wasting loads of money on AA batteries, with the PS3 you always got everything to start enjoying PSN right from the get go.

This gen I made a mistake and bought a 360 first but then later that year I got a PS3 as god intended and never went back to the xbox.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#113  Edited By fisk0

Probably the Wii U, as I think it's supposed to be compatible with the Wii library, and the Wii has quite a few seemingly great games I haven't played, so that'll have a big library at launch.
My PS3 still holds up quite well, and if the rumors are true that the PS4 won't have backwards compatibility there's even less of a reason to upgrade before they have a decent library. I guess I might pick it up 2-3 years after release, unless it's still ridiculously expensive like the PS3 was for a long time.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By Bobstar

I'll buy whichever first hits the market, except for the Wii U. Have zero interest in that thing.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#115  Edited By Rhaknar

so we're calling Wii U next gen now? cute

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Spoonman671

Playstation 4, because I'm a fanboy.  I think Sony is probably the best publisher in the business and I have no doubts about their ability and willingness to produce great and unique games.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Maybe which ever one comes out first. I'm not sure about the Wii U, but if it's any of the other 2 I'll definitely get them (unless they use motion controls exclusively like the Wii)

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#118  Edited By Deranged

The Next Xbox but i'm curious about the Wii U.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Damian

All I know is that it's not going to be Wii U or XBOX3. No interest in what Nintendo does anymore, and I ain't paying to play online as that's... not good. If Sony fucks up then I'll just pray that Valve makes a console.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By hughesman

I just hope sony can muster a user friendly device this time around. I have enjoyed my ps3 more than any other system this gen, but i always gravitated to the xbox for party systems, multiple local account sign in, quick updates and the like. I feel like if sony can manage these things i will only buy a ps4 next time and just hope alan wake comes to pc. :)

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

The next Xbox for me. The Wii U looks too odd for me and Sony just doesn't appeal to me at all.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#122  Edited By DarkShaper

The Wii U is it can get enough games worth playing before the next Sony system.

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#123  Edited By planetary

Is Diablo 3 a console? Because I'll be buying that.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

It depends where all this anti used games/rental nonsense goes. If DRM is basically coming to the consoles then there is absolutely no reason for me to buy one. I'll be a full time PC gamer.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#125  Edited By Humanity

xbox is da best cause you get da call of duty and halo and freaking graphics are amazing yah lol ps3 sux so I getting next xbox which omg so cool yah lol

Seriously though whichever one looks best when I actually see them. When we were still on PS2's and you'd ask me what console I'd get next I would've said PS3 without hesitation. I couldn't even comprehend the next xbox achieving any sort of grand success since I owned the original for a while and it was bulky and had no games I wanted to play on it. On the flipside I loved my PS2, the controller and all the games that were coming out for it. Lo and behold in this generation I vastly prefer the 360. The dashboard feels better to me - well right now I still like it more than the XMB but it's pretty shitty to be honest - as well as the controller and some options like cross game party chat. So gonna wait and see.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#126  Edited By CooVee

I'm thinking of investing in a better PC rather then get a new console. Steam seems awesome.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#127  Edited By RIDEBIRD

nVidia 670

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Contrarian

@Video_Game_King said:

Wii U, because Fire Emblem. It's kind of like Nintendo is holding Fire Emblem hostage and asking me for ransom money.

I would buy Game Gear 2 for Fire Emblem. Hell, I I would buy a Nokia NGage for Fire Emblem. I am proudly a Fire Emblem fanboy. It is not only the best series on Nintendo product, it is easily the best series period. First we get Fire Emblem 3DS and then Wii-U ....... can't wait.

As for the question ....... Wii-U first - for Fire Emblem, likely followed by NextBox when it drops to a low enough price and has enough games to justify it (about 2 years in, if it isn't broken like the last one), and lastly the pS4, only after it drops from the inevitable $1500 price tag it will have, so maybe 4 years into its life.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By laserbolts

It depends on if they make some big improvements over the current systems. If it isn't that big of a difference I might just invest in a beast pc.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By RedCricketChase

Tentatively chose the next Xbox, since IMO their online stuff and controller are second to none, but I'll obviously be waiting to see what the next set of systems are actually like :P

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By mesklinite

Wii - u, it's backwards compatible. So no reason why not. Then xbox. I hate sony, can't stand their controller.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#132  Edited By Nux

@Video_Game_King said:

Wii U, because Fire Emblem. It's kind of like Nintendo is holding Fire Emblem hostage and asking me for ransom money.

Damn, you just gave me a reason to buy the Wii U.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#133  Edited By Snail

@DeF said:

@Snail said:

It'll probably be the Wii U because it'll most likely launch first?

that's a given.

as for the launch line up, I think people should be happy with AC3, Darksiders, Lego City Stories and whatever first party game(s)? they put out. unless you ONLY want to count exclusives.

I'll probably buy the PC version of those non-exclusives, so, much like the Wii, I'll be looking for good first-party games and other exclusives on the Wii U that take advantage of the console's unique features.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By zeforgotten

At one point I will have bought all of them so I guess I'll just buy the one that's out first (in this case, that seems like the Wii U) 

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#135  Edited By StarvingGamer

H. The first one that gets a game that is a must-buy for me.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#136  Edited By LordAndrew

3DS. But if we're not counting portables, probably Wii U. It releases first, will probably be the cheapest (assuming Nintendo doesn't go the 3DS route again) and is sure to have some great first-party titles (though we don't know what they are yet). I still haven't bought the current-gen PlayStation and Xbox yet, and I would like to do that before their successors launch so I don't miss out on the older games.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#137  Edited By sjschmidt93

I have no idea. We know very little to nothing about Sony and Microsoft's console.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By johncallahan

I will buy them in the order they come out.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SSValis

Probably the first one that comes out. Granted that is if I have the money at the time.

I wouldn't buy a PS4 at launch if the launch titles are as barren as they were last time.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Humanoid

Wii U probably. I like the idea of having a motion tracker, but I guess that eliminates the idea of playing with friends. I doubt they'll pack a few of those controllers into the box.