Will logging in from two locations get my account banned?

Avatar image for thelegendofmart
TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheLegendOfMart

Obviously you can see that I have a subscription, my brother is a dirty student and I'd like to share my account with him, he can't afford it and I don't want to lose my account.

Will letting him log onto my account from a different IP, somtimes at the same time as me get me banned?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Barrock

Really doubt it.

TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheLegendOfMart

Reason I ask is the XBMC linking page warns that abuse of the privilege will cost you access.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nah man you crazy.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By BaneFireLord

I'm logged in on four separate devices and have been for a few years now. You should be cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I doubt you'll be banned, but doing that isn't cool in my opinion though.

Anyway you'll probably not be banned since I use my account both at work and at home and I haven't been banned yet.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SeanFoster

No, I think I'm probably logged in on any combination of my work computer, home computer, phone and tablet at any given time.

TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheLegendOfMart

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules, I know its not cool but it keeps him happy.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ares42

I'm fairly sure that GB is far from big enough to start utilizing programs like that.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Grissefar

@TheLegendOfMart said:

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules, I know its not cool but it keeps him happy.

Ha ! Ha ! You paid with your hard earned dollars, so who you share your account with is only your business, not Dave's.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Grissefar said:

@TheLegendOfMart said:

Ha ! Ha ! You paid with your hard earned dollars, so who you share your account with is only your business, not Dave's.

By your logic, there should only be one paid account and everyone should use it.

That's the same logic that says Pirating is ok as long as the person ripping it and putting it up in a torrent bought it.

What I'm saying is screw you, ya hippy!

That said, I doubt that GB really gives a rats ass. They don't need sub. money to get by anymore, as they are funded by CBSi now, and their generally pretty cool. If its just your brother, not a problem. Just don't start giving everyone access to it.

I occasionally let a couple friends of mine use the account because they never really pay attention to the site, but there might be a random Live show that's right up their alley, and it doesn't makes sense to pay $10 or whatever a monthly sub is just to watch it. The GB guys have never been big on big brother type stuff, so don't worry as long as you aren't being a shithead and just using one account for like 20 people.

Plus, with how many different devices can be logged in these days, it'd be hard to restrict it to one logged in at a time. My phone (both in the browser and an app), PC browser, and Metro App all have my account logged in at all times. No problems.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cloudymusic

I probably wouldn't have publicly posted on the GB forums that you're sharing your account, but other than that, you should be fine. I access GB from a half-dozen different devices and have never had any problems.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Undeadpool

I Giant Bomb from home...AND work, with absolutely NO interruption in service.

Giant Bomb, won't you?

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hitchenson

I've totally never done anything like that.

TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheLegendOfMart

@Keres: Thanks but I'd rather be up front about it, its not like I'm going to share it with 10s or hundreds of people, if they ban me so be it.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cloudymusic

@TheLegendOfMart: I can respect that.

rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rflx

Why not gift him a premium membership?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Carryboy

Will be fine, can't believe the people on here saying its not "cool" share it with your Brother.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mandude

I'm actually upwards of 200 different people logging in from multiple countries and I haven't been banned yet.

I say you're fine.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#20  Edited By LordAndrew

Sharing your account is more likely to get you in trouble than simply logging in from multiple locations. That will happen if you also access the site from work, school, a friend's house, a mobile device, and more. They wouldn't want to restrict that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@Grissefar said:

@TheLegendOfMart said:

By your logic, there should only be one paid account and everyone should use it.

That's the same logic that says Pirating is ok as long as the person ripping it and putting it up in a torrent bought it.

What I'm saying is screw you, ya hippy!

That said, I doubt that GB really gives a rats ass. They don't need sub. money to get by anymore, as they are funded by CBSi now, and their generally pretty cool. If its just your brother, not a problem. Just don't start giving everyone access to it.

I occasionally let a couple friends of mine use the account because they never really pay attention to the site, but there might be a random Live show that's right up their alley, and it doesn't makes sense to pay $10 or whatever a monthly sub is just to watch it. The GB guys have never been big on big brother type stuff, so don't worry as long as you aren't being a shithead and just using one account for like 20 people.

Plus, with how many different devices can be logged in these days, it'd be hard to restrict it to one logged in at a time. My phone (both in the browser and an app), PC browser, and Metro App all have my account logged in at all times. No problems.

By your logic, everyone should buy multiple copies of a movie that they're taking home to watch with their family.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Th3_James

I've logged in through various VPNs across the world. I am not banned.

Cerevisiae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cerevisiae

I've logged in on my laptop, my phone, and my Kindle. I've done this at home, at college, on the road (I listen to the podcasts via my phone while driving), at a few cafes, and at friends' homes.

Pretty sure there's nothing to worry about, man.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Poppduder

Ha! I made my brother pay. He even moved in with me a year ago, and while I don't mind him not paying rent, he ain't using my GB ACCOUNT, DAMNIT.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By gaminghooligan

no way duder I log on at my folks all the time while my account is always logged on at home

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EchoEcho

@rflx said:

Why not gift him a premium membership?
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Karl_Boss

Nope, I have done it plenty of times throughout the years.