Worst game file save you lost?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

My old ShadowMan savegame with all souls collected on my own. That was a mojor undertaking back then, because the game is intertwined and mazelike. I'll never be able to do that again.

Draco9898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By Draco9898

Star Ocean 2, everyone is around level 160. Ashton, Presis, Clause and Rena. At the secret dungeon. Have almost the best equipment. -GONE-

Final Fantasy 6, at 3/4'ths of a game -GONE-

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By ThePencil

By far my worst one was a 65+ hour Oblivion save. I had gone done everything except the main questline after all the gates appeared, owned everything, had houses full of gear and kick ass weapons and then accidently deleted it whilst clearing out old saves.

Man I cursed Bethesda for their crappy save system for that game.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#104  Edited By Cwaff

Pokemon Yellow not long after release, had one of the event only pokemon too! I was mad :P

Kixxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Kixxi

I had a level 131 character on PSO on the gamecube and when I got kicked offline my file was corrupted. my dreams of level 200 were shattered.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By Dany

Original ssx tricky save file, it was the first time i played through and I was nearing the end. Then my burnout revenge on 360 that got messed up when i was on the final circuit.

EVILfunkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By EVILfunkster

Lost my level 30 Fallout 3 save with all the locations found and quests complete while trying to free up hard drive space on my 360.  My Fallout 3 file was about 750mb just in saves files so I went through and deleted whet I thought were old saves.  When I went back to play the newly purchased Point Lookout and Mothership zeta, my only saved game was a level 13.  I could probably still go through the DLC just fine but the OCD side of me would make me finish all the other quests first, so I just haven't played them.

Other than that, losing all my Sega Saturn saves due to an official memory cart corrupting, including my Shining Force III, Radiant Silvergun saves and Fighters Megamix with all the characters unlocked. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b207373c6ba9
deactivated-5b207373c6ba9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Losing my Pokemon Red save...but I lost the cartridge quite literally, not the save. Having played over 100 hours on the game, I was pretty pissed. Then there's always formatting your Memory Stick for the PSP while forgetting to backup your saves. That was great...not!

Avatar image for deactivated-6256d396c4133
deactivated-6256d396c4133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100 hours of FInal Fantasy Tactics Advance.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By raiz265

I played XIII once for like half a day... I couldn't find anything to save, so I thought it had some kind of autosave... turns out, it doesn't.

Xakura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Xakura

GTA IV, 199 of 200 stupid birds.
Burnout Paradise, found all the hidden stuff.
Still have my ridiculous-amount-of-hours Oblivion save, but due to a difference in mods on my new computer and old, it's basically not working.
callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By callumbay

100 hours on Plants Vs Zombies :p

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By NMC2008

Crackdown, had under 20 Orbs left to find, I forgot the exact number, between 14 & 18, but yeah, my previous Xbox was stolen and that save along with my Viva Pinata save, I had maximum money and I dunno how many pinatas, bummed me out.

Mjolnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#114  Edited By Mjolnir

Chrono Trigger - After putting hours upon hours into it, I leave it for a few months, come back and the only menu option is "New Game." Then I loaned it to a friend.

That, and the period where my Red Dead Revolver saves kept corrupting, but I was at least able to beat that game once.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#115  Edited By Siphillis

Super Mario World (all 96 levels including Star World and Special) erased after my little cousin tripped over the controller wire.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#116  Edited By citizenkane

I save like an OCD madman, so I never lose too much if one save file gets corrupted.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Nothing that I can think of for myself, but my one friend got about 10 hours into BioShock and accidentally deleted that save. 

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ThePaleKing

I was extremely close, I think there was only 1 area left, to the ending of Stalker: Clear Sky. Then my game started crashing constantly, and finally my save file went corrupt. Haven't touched the game since.

RobJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By RobJ

I was starting Day 5, I think, game time into the original "Gabriel Knight". Every time I tried to play the game would crash. So Sierra sent me the patch on a disk. Sadly, when the patch installed, it obliterated  all save game files. Thus I had to start over from the very beginning. It was worth it though... "Sins Of The Fathers" was a great, great game.

Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Dysnomia

Resident Evil 4 right before the final boss fight.

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121  Edited By briggs713

I had a bad experience with FFVII.  If I remember correctly I made a save in the crater and got my self in a situation where I couldn't beat the game and I had to go back to a way earlier save.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By tmthomsen

GTA San Andreas for the PC in an attempt to 100% the game. Think I lost it at 71% :(

DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By DaSoul

My easy completed Guitar Hero 3 save...yes,nothing worse.I was playing real guitar by the time i would have been able to prolly complete hard.Oh and also a drums 100% save on Guitar Hero World Tour...my drums broke in 4 days lol,never tried to play it through again,GH sucks:| Real drums and guitar are way funner(if thats even a word) anyways.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By eric_buck

SSBM with everything unlocked.

Vic_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Vic_Viper

I spent about 60 hours on Pokemon Blue, and then my cousin showed me the infinite rare candy trick. Soon, my save file disappeared and I never played it since.
alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#126  Edited By alcamin

It's probably Fable 2 for me. I lost the save file just before Knothole Island came out and just before I had finished the game. I haven't been back since, but when I can a bit more time I'd love to run through it again. Love that game!

nyuckelhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By nyuckelhead
@Vicviper said:
" I spent about 60 hours on Pokemon Blue, and then my cousin showed me the infinite rare candy trick. Soon, my save file disappeared and I never played it since. "
wow that sucks I did that trick many times and it never deleted my file.
arkkazeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By arkkazeal

Only about 40 hours of PSO data. Playing with 2 of my friends and we were messing around in arena mode or something, friend walked over and pressed reset as the game was quitting, with that nice DO NOT TURN OFF SYSTEM message, killed all of our characters right there.

bobthecannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By bobthecannibal

Dragon Age on pc, got about 25 hours in and the file corrupted, I went and got the xbox 360 version and played through on the 360. 

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By super_machine

My Oblivion save file. I had over 120 hours into my game and only halfway through the main quest. My PS3 died and so did my data.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#131  Edited By mrhankey
@Spiral_Stars said:

" Mass Effect two weeks before Mass Effect 2 came out. "

I too lost my Mass Effect save, however; I lost it cause my OS ate itself because of a corrupt boot sector. It was so sad. I also lost my Dragon Age Origins save to this.
Progman9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#132  Edited By Progman9000

SSBM everything unlocked - Suitemate in college decided it would be an awesome idea to "overwrite save data".  I was pissed.  I let them keep playing, though because that meant free unlocks for me.  Attempted to regain some of the status, but I'll probably never get everything unlocked again.

SMW - This one made me the most mad.  I was really young and wondered what the word "Delete" meant.  Still haunts my memories to this day.  Over the years though, I've almost gotten the whole thing done again.

That's all I can think of at the moment.  I think I might have lost an original Call of Duty or Medal of Honor: AA save file that was close to the end of the game, but by that point I was playing enough multiplayer that I didn't care anymore.

Dom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Dom

I was pretty far in LoZ: A Link to the Past and suddenly the internal battery died and I lost all my saved files

cypher89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#134  Edited By cypher89

I've lost 100+ hours on Final Fantasy Tactics, a disc 3 save of FFIX, guitar hero 2 save with 5 stars on easy, medium, hard and half of expert, I'm sure there's more but those are the ones of the top of my head

limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By limewizard

About a year ago, I picked up my Pokemon Blue. 
Now, I don't believe in any Pokemon game after Crystal. (Seriously, what happened?) And Pokemon Blue, I had been playing for nearly a decade. Only ever had one fault with it, and it was easily redone.  
So, powered on, expecting to see my 152 Pokemon, (MissingNo. counted for me, 'kay?) Now, we all know that the original two games were awfully glitched. Quite bad. I had added to my party a; level 152 Snorlax through the Old Man - Cinnabar Island exploit, a Mew, Mewtwo, all three starters. Perfect, no? This had been my party for nearly 6 years. Never an issue. 

Until about May of 2009.  

"DATA CORRUPTED." 

I think the houses 32 blocks down understood why I was pissed. 

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By dipstick

About an hour before the ending of Fallout 3 my save get's corrupted. Forever tarnished my view about Fallout 3.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2.

Lost my level 120~ HUcast :(

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By uniform

Final Fantasy Tactics. Roughly seventy hours lost, leaving off around that dark dungeon. Translucent third party memory cards are bad news.

Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By raccoonusdoodus

I remember having a PS2 demo disc with a Viewtiful Joe 2 demo on it that I played several times. Turns out, the demo corrupts everything on any memory card that's in your PS2 when you play it. So, just about all of my favorite PS2 games' files were corrupted. I replayed most of them, but still, what a bitch.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My save data for Banjoo Kazooie on the N64 got corrupted 3 times. I still haven't been able to finish that game, eventhough it was one of my absolute favourites.

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By NoDeath

My PC had a huge failure back in February, wound up having to re-install Win7. Lost every save game I had on the thing. Most notably my 30-hour in Dragon Age save.

AdH0c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#142  Edited By AdH0c

FFVII on the PS1. I was about 40 hours in and was trying to get the ult weapons. Motto after that, don't buy cheap mem cards.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#143  Edited By Tordah

I guess I'm lucky, but I can't think of anything. Maybe I've never lost anything worth remembering.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Pokemon Silver. I clocked over 500 hours and trained so many pokemon to level 100. Being the first Pokemon game I ever got, this game consumed a small portion of my life and it was tragic when it eventually wiped itself.
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#145  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I've never really had any big issues. I mean, to put it into perspective: my worst corruption was a Tony Hawk's Underground 2 save file. So, in other words: I have never lost a save game file of note. Even the infamous Soulcalibur III save game glitch never hit me. I'd be interested if anybody here had any first hand experience with that. EDIT: I found two people looking back through the posts. That Chronicles of the Sword mode was so good... I understand the hate, but I enjoyed it so much, and I still enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never lost anything really bad, I've heard stories of people losing Monster Hunter files with 1000+ hours of gameplay.

I read on Gamefaqs, this guy left his PSP with monster hunter on the passenger seat in his car, it got broken into and the psp was stolen. Once the theif saw the monster hunter in the thing he took out the memory stick and left it in the car. Not even theives are that harsh.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Metroid545
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" Oblivion: my main character.  I let my friend play, and he accidentally saved over my game.  I wasn't mad or anything, just made a new character later.  It kinda sucked to lose it though because I had spent like 50+ hours on it, and was busy purchasing property and all that. "
This, I lost my data due to red ring though I had a max leveled character and was finishing up the shivering isles
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#148  Edited By xMP44x

I never really had a seriously bad loss of a game save, but I guess the worst save I lost was a Need for Speed: Most Wanted file. It still wasn't too severe due to the fact that Most Wanted is not the longest game around.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#149  Edited By willin

My 'I Wanna Be The Guy' save.

Pass 4 bosses, died over 4000 times over a 4 hour period, gone.

buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By buwchbach

While playing Braid while talking to somebody, I accidentally chose delete save game instead of quit at the pause menu. Needles to say I will now never finish Braid.