• 67 results
#1 Edited by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

It's not a video game in case anyone was wondering. Rather, it's a movie revolving around videogames.

It's a Disney production directed by Rich Moore whose also directed Futurama and Simpsons. Not much to say really apart from the fact that it looks really interesting not as well as an enjoyable flick for a broad audience without being too specific.

Here's a big screencap. See how many characters you can spot.

#2 Posted by SquirrelGOD (555 posts) -

This appeals to my interests!

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10368 posts) -

Heh, that's kinda cute I guess. 

#4 Posted by JCTango (1500 posts) -

What? Zangief's a villain? Damn it... I don't know what to believe anymore :(.

Looks good!

#5 Posted by kmdrkul (3498 posts) -

I'm a sucker for Disney movies in general and this looks... right up my alley. Super excited!

#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

...I am so confused about this whole thing.

#7 Posted by Mister_Snig (755 posts) -

That's the first time I've found Sarah Silverman likable.

But yeah, this looks awesome and I can't wait to watch it.

#8 Posted by Wacomole (1161 posts) -

That looks like a sure-fire winner.

Certainly made me giggle.

Also #yearoftheBowser, calling it.

#9 Posted by sonicrift (324 posts) -

I can't believe Bowser is in this movie. Nintendo's not too fond of their characters being in movies since the terrible Super Mario one. It was a big deal for the Link to the Past music to be in Scott Pilgrim, and use of their music in Beiber's move was denied. They must have payed big DisneyDollars for that cameo.

#10 Posted by Natedogg2 (497 posts) -

I think it looks good. Defiantly in my realm of interests. I'll see it when it comes out this fall.

#11 Posted by SpanxMcFranks (100 posts) -

I will check this out. It looks pretty good.

#12 Posted by Mushir (2631 posts) -

This looks very interesting. Seeing Bowser and Robotnik was a nice surprise!

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

I wonder if there's going to be a video game of this.

#14 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: You would expect one given how the industry works these days but considering the massive amounts of cameos I would imagine that it's going to be a licensing Hell if they wanted to develop one.

#15 Posted by recroulette (5413 posts) -

Pleasantly surprised by this. I didn't think it would appeal to me at all for some reason, but it looks neat.

#16 Posted by Cathryn (584 posts) -

Thanks for sharing! This looks like a lot of fun and I love John C. Reilly. I may even go check this out in theatres.

#17 Posted by Hunter5024 (6691 posts) -

I'm a little concerned about John C Reilly half of what makes the movies he's in funny are all of the jokes the actors make up. He won't have that freedom in an animated movie. That being said I'm going to see this asap because it's tickling the tiny child Hunter5024 buried deep in my cold black dead heart.

#18 Posted by Sweep (10131 posts) -

I missed this thread and just made a duplicate, but then spotted this one. Fortunately I possess MOD POWERS so was able to erase my mistake before anyone noticed. Sort of like when I got my girlfriend pregnant.

Avatar image for the_great_skenardo
#19 Posted by the_great_skenardo (120 posts) -

I am interested in this precisely to the extent that it expands the pool of available weird universes for Kingdom Hearts to play around with. Assuming they can keep from dumping another wet steaming load of emaciated adolescents with improbable hair into the mix instead.

Avatar image for deathmachine117
#20 Posted by Deathmachine117 (383 posts) -

It looks interesting but as someone who hates Sarah Silverman and most Disney films I dont think its for me. But hey I am all for more video game related things to be mentioned in a positive light.

But usually when a film resorts on an annoying voice or repeating another characters sentence, its an ill omen.

#21 Posted by Foggen (1014 posts) -

I can't get over how they're treating Zangief.

#22 Posted by Milkman (18856 posts) -

This looks amazing.

#23 Posted by Tennmuerti (9074 posts) -

Not bad.

I'm down for giving this a chance.

#24 Posted by jacksukeru (6526 posts) -

I can't not be on board for this, even if I have no idea if the actual movie will be fun from that trailer.

I'm such a sucker.

#25 Posted by BeachThunder (14459 posts) -

This really looks like it was created by people that haven't played a video game in decades - people that use 'Nintendo' as an umbrella term for any video game system, and believe that Call of Duty represents all modern games. The whole thing just reeks of awkward-videogame-crossover-fanfiction the movie; in fact, I'm almost certain they must have used something like this to come up with the idea.

#26 Posted by scalpel (326 posts) -

Looks bad.

#27 Posted by Hector (3546 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Don't think so...just imagine the licensing nightmare it would create.

#28 Posted by sodapop7 (529 posts) -

Looks great

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
#29 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (452 posts) -

@Foggen said:

Me neither- and I won't be surprised if that's something they just leave to interpretation. :P

Anyway, it looks ok- I'll probably see it at some point, as I do with most animated films that I become aware of. Q-bert's appearances and Clyde's reaction to Ralph's wish to become a good guy kind of stole the show for me in this trailer. :)

@eroticfishcake said:

Here's a big screencap. See how many characters you can spot.

And this screenshot... Is absolutely adorable. ^_^

#30 Edited by Keen314 (91 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Well, Disney did put up a Flash version of Ralph's game here, but I don't think that's what you meant:

http://disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/

#31 Posted by MikeGosot (3237 posts) -
@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

@Foggen said:

Me neither- and I won't be surprised if that's something they just leave to interpretation. :P

Well, he's a Russian. And i believe that SFII was launched in Cold War, sooooo...
#32 Posted by Irvandus (3170 posts) -

Huh, well this actually looks good, not what I expected.

#33 Posted by ds8k (431 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

This really looks like it was created by people that haven't played a video game in decades - people that use 'Nintendo' as an umbrella term for any video game system, and believe that Call of Duty represents all modern games. The whole thing just reeks of awkward-videogame-crossover-fanfiction the movie; in fact, I'm almost certain they must have used something like this to come up with the idea.

I don't agree but I am cautious to jump right in. I have no doubt that it'll be cute and adorable, but I feel like the kids it's trying to target will have no idea who these video game characters are. Maybe they're just there for the adults to have a connection to the film?

#34 Posted by Fozimuth (177 posts) -

Zangief is so misunderstood.

#35 Posted by MikeGosot (3237 posts) -

I would also like to notice that Zangief worked for Bison in some anime/comics.

#36 Posted by Coafi (1520 posts) -

It looks cool, I trust Pixar, I just wish that trailer didn't have that goddamn song that plays everywhere.

#37 Posted by Phatmac (5928 posts) -

I'd see this.

#38 Posted by Getz (3764 posts) -

How much are they paying in royalties for all those licensed characters?

#39 Posted by MocBucket62 (1789 posts) -
@Coafi: This isn't Pixar, its Disney Animation. Pixar wouldn't stoop down to play that garbage in their trailers unlike Disney or Dreamworks. As for the film, I want November to come now!!!
#40 Posted by Coafi (1520 posts) -

@MocBucket62: I totally thought it was Pixar, my mind always goes pixar=disney. But, you are right, Pixar does have more class.

#41 Posted by Nottle (1933 posts) -

So where does MVC 2 fit into this. That is a bunch of character jumping into different games.

#42 Posted by RTSlord (1233 posts) -

not gonna lie, i kinda want to see this movie now even though i hate sarah silverman and am not super fond of john c reilly, the movie and subject matter seem pretty interesting

#43 Posted by Begilerath (178 posts) -

Videogames!, Animation!, Jane Lynch!, Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads! ....I'm In

#44 Posted by Foggen (1014 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

@Foggen said:

Well, he's a Russian. And i believe that SFII was launched in Cold War, sooooo...

Yeah, but all he wanted to do was win the tournament and dance with Gorbachev. Nothing sinister.

#45 Posted by Harkat (1170 posts) -

@sonicrift said:

I can't believe Bowser is in this movie.

Seconded.

It's very cool that gaming culture is getting this kind of exposure, but NITPICK TIME: How come the titular game looks 8-bit, but they have recorded voice effects? Also, modern shooters usually don't have score numbers flash across the screen when you kill an enemy. Also, I fucking hate the songs in this trailer, especially the Flo Rida Levels cover.

#46 Posted by GreggD (4595 posts) -

Man, everybody's reaction to this is way more positive than when Scott Pilgrim was out. I'm looking forward to this, but wtf.

#47 Posted by JauntyHat (375 posts) -
#48 Posted by CountRockula (410 posts) -

@the_great_skenardo said:

I am interested in this precisely to the extent that it expands the pool of available weird universes for Kingdom Hearts to play around with. Assuming they can keep from dumping another wet steaming load of emaciated adolescents with improbable hair into the mix instead.

Tell me more about this steaming wet load of adolescents.

#49 Posted by ZombiePie (6791 posts) -

Hopefully this movie means I wont have the horribly disappointing of having to explain what an "arcade" is to young kids who say they like playing video games.  
Also I'm happy to see they used The Talking Head's Once in a Lifetime. 

#50 Posted by Lokno (423 posts) -

I really didn't expect all the official character cameos. Neat stuff.