You got Sam Fishered.....twice..

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

So I went to GameStop today to renew my long expired Edge Card because I miss coming home every month with a Game Informer in my mail box and saving some money on used games, and to get a $15 gift card as a present for a friend and last but not least the Xbox version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Splinter Cell is my favorite by far game series ever. I like it more than Half-Life and Halo and have very fond memories of the games. I used to have the Xbox 360 version of Double Agent which was a disappointment to me but a success in others. It succeed in providing a more emotional story that really dug into what Sam was thinking which is why I loved the first two Splinter Cell books (stopped reading them because the author switched to a third person narrative) and was more intresting than the previous games. The balance of trust between John Brown's Army and the Natonal Security Agency was also a nice addition albeit poorly exicuted. The lack of stealth and the dominance of run & gun in Double Agent was just a bust for me. Anyway upon coming home I realized that I've owned every Splinter Cell game (minus the Esentials) twice. I first bought Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow on the Gamecube and then latter repurchased them for the Xbox when I got my Xbox 360. Chaos Theory I owned on the Nintendo DS and then bought the Collectors Edition for the Xbox when I got my 360, and then about year latter I picked up Double Agent, beat it, and then sold it. Now just recently after hearing that the Xbox version was more like a mix of Chaos Theory and Double Agent, and made by the Montreal team, I went back to pick up Double Agent again but for the Xbox.

I haven't played it yet but I can't wait. I have a strong Nostalgia around Splinter Cell games and can't wait for the 5th instalment of the game, if only Montreal would show us some photage of the game, I can't wait to see what they've done with the pyhsics, A.I., and graphics. Maybe at E3 we will finally hear some news, but as of now its pulled a Sam Fisher and is no where to been seen. :(

So as my last thought I have a question for users, what games or games series have you rebought and how many times?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

Actually, I bought Double Agent twice because I accidentally destroyed my first copy of the game. :{{{

In the past couple years, I've also rebought Saints Row 2, Skies of Arcadia and Metal Slug Anthology
dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dudacles

I really liked DA. The vids that I saw 6 or so months back though, didn't make the fifth SP look similar to its predecessors.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

Double Agent was really the first Splinter Cell I got into, but I didn't really like it.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Absurd

This reminds me that I bought the original Splinter Cell with Pandora tomorrow for $9.99 but never got around to finishing them.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By PureRok

Chaos Theory was better than Double Agent by miles.