You know, killzone 1 looked great graphically but stunk

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

IM not saying that killzone 2 will suck, but just dont hype it for the graphics.  Killzone 1 looked very good also

caption
caption
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hewkii

actually, according to GS it had quote "Tons of annoying graphics and sound problems."

the negative rating just means I'm right.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By kush

You are obviously an xbot looking for attention or you would have posted this in the Killzone 2 forums.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By xruntime

Graphics dont mean a damn thing

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By fr0br0

You have said something bad about every hyped upcomming PS3 game...

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

I actually think the opposite, well a bit... I don't think the graphics were anything great but I did enjoy playing through the game. I didn't think it was bad, just average. I'm probably the only one, though.

LilBew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LilBew

man go play ur shit box or we can talk aboot all there games that r over hyped and shitty

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kmdrkul
Kush said:
"You are obviously an xbot looking for attention or you would have posted this in the Killzone 2 forums."
Or, you know, he has a legitimate opinion and you are being way too anal. 

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By normajean777

^ no he does bash every hyped ps3 game

futbol_dude10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By futbol_dude10

the game play that I seen looks cool

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Patchinko

Fanboys are fail.

Click [-] and move on.

LooM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LooM

I think the countless of really positive preview talks for them self.. I fear nutin'

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt anyone is hyping it JUST for the graphics... this thread is pointless, just post in the hundreds of KZ2 related threads already out there.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I actually agree that allot of the hype is over the graphics, and that graphics don't make a good game, but this post is just flamebait, shut up and grow up TC.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

MattyFTM said:

"I actually agree that allot of the hype is over the graphics, and that graphics don't make a good game, but this post is just flamebait, shut up and grow up TC."
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By atejas
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crunchUK

KZ2 looks disastrous ofcourse i will get flamed but come on can there exist a more unremarkable game?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
normajean777 said:
"^ no he does bash every hyped ps3 game"

errr.. what?   not only am i not truly bashing killzone 2, only really saying that the majority of hype is coming from graphics (which is true) but I rarely ever bash any games, in general

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And this isn't locked yet? Does anyone see all these posts "hater, troll, fag, bitch leave" etc?

Please, be a good mod and end this bullshit, from both sides.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By normajean777

well lets see by saying killzone 1 stunk you are implying killzone 2 will because it is hyped for the graphics just like killzone 1 was. Also i remember you bashing LBP in a thread awhile back. And also i think you made a thread awhile ago about socom. So yes we know you love microsoft.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xxNBxx
Sentry said:
"And this isn't locked yet? Does anyone see all these posts "hater, troll, fag, bitch leave" etc?

Please, be a good mod and end this bullshit, from both sides."
Obveusly the mods dont feel the same as you.  maybe they are all haters as well... BURN THEM!  LOL
He does have a point about Killzone1, there was a lot of hype and buzz going around about that game and it feel flat,  just like Black.   Hype can come from just graphics in a FPS cause they can just show you a short demo of really polished graphics and good gameplay and everyone will start to say how it is the best game ever.  Need I remind everyone about Halo3  the game 80% of ppl on here call the most over hyped game ever.  I will wait and see when this one comes out.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422

Stop being a retarded fanboy, you bitch and moan when someone says the smallest thing about Halo or most 360 games, yet you start a thread is purposely just to flame a game, grow the fuck up .

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Jayge_

I love how he feels the need to bitch me out because "every post I make bashes Halo 3" when he's the largest fanboy troll this side of Riddler.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crunchUK

well whatever if this were gamespot i would have one word: lair. history repeats itself ya know

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...... 'Nuff said.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sentry said:
"
...... 'Nuff said."
see, thats almost exactly my point.  You realize that its essentially a linear hallway? thats all.  Nothing sets what you showed apart from any game aside from graphics
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
xxNBxx said:
"Sentry said:
"And this isn't locked yet? Does anyone see all these posts "hater, troll, fag, bitch leave" etc?

Please, be a good mod and end this bullshit, from both sides."
Obveusly the mods dont feel the same as you.  maybe they are all haters as well... BURN THEM!  LOL
He does have a point about Killzone1, there was a lot of hype and buzz going around about that game and it feel flat,  just like Black.   Hype can come from just graphics in a FPS cause they can just show you a short demo of really polished graphics and good gameplay and everyone will start to say how it is the best game ever.  Need I remind everyone about Halo3  the game 80% of ppl on here call the most over hyped game ever.  I will wait and see when this one comes out."
if killzone turned out as good as halo 3 then id say it met more than its hype.

That being said, I see Killzone meeting Gears at max.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:
"
...... 'Nuff said."
see, thats almost exactly my point.  You realize that its essentially a linear hallway? thats all.  Nothing sets what you showed apart from any game aside from graphics"
Oh really? What is so original about Halo, CoD4, Resistance, and other FPS games that have sold a shit load and are critically accliamed?

Just stop being a fanboy and read all the previews on the game so far, hell even the multiplayer, every single preview says it was great fun and will be big, none say it is linear or un original, and so on.

By the way, that hallway was leading to the next location, which is an open battlefield.

Jesus, its so obvious you know nothing about the game nor have you even watched demos of this level. You are pathetic, to be honest, call out a game using facts, not something you pull out of your ass (ie 'its a hallway omgz linear')...
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crunchUK
Sentry said:
"
...... 'Nuff said."
omfg goldeneye
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sentry said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Sentry said:
"
...... 'Nuff said."
see, thats almost exactly my point.  You realize that its essentially a linear hallway? thats all.  Nothing sets what you showed apart from any game aside from graphics"
Oh really? What is so original about Halo, CoD4, Resistance, and other FPS games that have sold a shit load and are critically accliamed?

Just stop being a fanboy and read all the previews on the game so far, hell even the multiplayer, every single preview says it was great fun and will be big, none say it is linear or un original, and so on.

By the way, that hallway was leading to the next location, which is an open battlefield.

Jesus, its so obvious you know nothing about the game nor have you even watched demos of this level. You are pathetic, to be honest, call out a game using facts, not something you pull out of your ass (ie 'its a hallway omgz linear')..."

Nothing is special about COD4.  Nothing.

Resistance has a variety of weapons and feels more arena and halo, do i really need to?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxT_mylFbqM&feature=related  Halo is the most original shooter out there, basically.

Understand, I have a huge bar set for shooters and one of my main things i dislike of them are the generic feeling ones.
The majority of shooters shouldn't be modern.  And yes, while I realize that Killzone  isnt modern (it takes place in a sci-fi space colonization era) but it still feels and looks like one. 

Maybe it's just because i have a distaste for shooters that aren't the creative looking type?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jayge_

HALO IS THE MOST ORIGINAL SHOOTER OUT THERE?

Reeeeeeeeeally?

And you have a *huge* bar set for shooters? You don't like generic ones?

Someone screencap this, it's full of hilarious win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, you are truly, truly ridiculous. Just take your fanboysim elsewhere, please. CoD4 was a huge hit, yet it was far more linear and unoriginal then Killzone 2. KZ2 brings more new ideas to the table then CoD4, and CoD4 was a great game that sold shit loads.

Please, if you are going to criticize a game at least know more about it, because its really obvious to see that you don't know much about the game or what makes it original, just by calling it all graphics, comparing it to KZ1, saying it will suck, is linear, etc.

I'm out, because quite frankly im sick of your shit not only on this game but on the topic of many games, and im sure others can agree.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Jayge said:
"HALO IS THE MOST ORIGINAL SHOOTER OUT THERE?

Reeeeeeeeeally?

And you have a *huge* bar set for shooters? You don't like generic ones?

Someone screencap this, it's full of hilarious win."

seriously?  Yes.  I dont like playing just any shooter.  Theyre very boring.   Theres almost no difference bewteen Turning Point and Frontlines Fuel of War.  I will not buy any of those (although i did rent Turning Point, played demo of frontlines)

But yes, Halo is very original.   I really havent played a similar shooter.  Can you honestly name one that plays like it?  I sure as hell cant/

Anyway, just save this forum and bump it when killzone 2 comes out.  I  have a theory of history repeating itself. Im not saying if game x stinks the sequel will, but the whole process
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jayge_

There is a *huge* difference between Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Frontlines: Fuel of War.

Can I name a game that plays like Halo? Yeah. Try "every other space marine crazy fest on the market". Halo hasn't done anything original since its original release. Unless you count turning futuristic weapons into pieces of crap with ranges like BB guns, then ok. That's pretty fucking original. If you were to apply any other arcade shooter's textures to Halo, it would feel like you were playing that game. Halo is incredibly generic.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"There is a *huge* difference between Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Frontlines: Fuel of War.

Can I name a game that plays like Halo? Yeah. Try "every other space marine crazy fest on the market". Halo hasn't done anything original since its original release. Unless you count turning futuristic weapons into pieces of crap with ranges like BB guns, then ok. That's pretty fucking original. If you were to apply any other arcade shooter's textures to Halo, it would feel like you were playing that game. Halo is incredibly generic."
that was one blind comment
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jayge_

Assertion: Check.
Backed up with any substance whatsoever: EEEEEEERRRROOOOOORRRR. No response found! Abort!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Jayge said:
"There is a *huge* difference between Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Frontlines: Fuel of War.

Can I name a game that plays like Halo? Yeah. Try "every other space marine crazy fest on the market". Halo hasn't done anything original since its original release. Unless you count turning futuristic weapons into pieces of crap with ranges like BB guns, then ok. That's pretty fucking original. If you were to apply any other arcade shooter's textures to Halo, it would feel like you were playing that game. Halo is incredibly generic."
seriously?
Wow.  Not close at all.  Most sci-fi shooters, hell EVERY SINGLE SCI-FI SHOOTER this gen has gone for a modern realistic kind except for Resistance which did historic sci-fi. 

Seriously, watch the video.

Ive just seen things been hyped that look so bland repeditively, it flops, and people ask "who saw this coming".  It's like... seriously?  I have played Halo.  I have played Killzone.  (have you even?).
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jayge_

Again, you question my gaming credibility (wrongly). I've played both of them. And watched that video- what the hell was that supposed to prove?

You can't have a modern realistic sci-fi shooter. That's a paradox. If you're going for bland repetitiveness, Halo is right up your alley. The game does absolutely nothing new. You can't call a 10 year old concept original.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are still trying to reason with this fellow? XD!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jayge_

Reason? No. I enjoy manipulating the lesser-minded, though.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Jayge said:
"Again, you question my gaming credibility (wrongly). I've played both of them. And watched that video- what the hell was that supposed to prove?

You can't have a modern realistic sci-fi shooter. That's a paradox. If you're going for bland repetitiveness, Halo is right up your alley. The game does absolutely nothing new. You can't call a 10 year old concept original."
not really.  it looks like a modern realistic type game and plays like one, but it set it a sci-fi fiction.

whatever though. Youll find out why Im saying this about killzone in about 1/2 a year.  Youll probably never find out about halo though.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jayge_

Science Fiction Fiction? Very nice.

Find out *what* exactly about Halo? You still continue to fail spectacularly on that front. And refused to address my video question.

No, you can't have a modern realistic sci-fi shooter. It's not realistic if it's sci-fi. It's just modernistic sci-fi.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"Again, you question my gaming credibility (wrongly). I've played both of them. And watched that video- what the hell was that supposed to prove?

You can't have a modern realistic sci-fi shooter. That's a paradox. If you're going for bland repetitiveness, Halo is right up your alley. The game does absolutely nothing new. You can't call a 10 year old concept original."
surprise you fail
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jayge_

What fails there? You've proven that I've played Halo? The link doesn't even work. Do I need to using Internet Explorer?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By crunchUK

"halo 3 service record not found" dear me played both of them have we?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jayge_

Yeah. With 970 gamerscore in H3. I've completed the campaign at least 8 times, 3 for myself and achievements, 5 or so to help other people out.

http://live.xbox.com/member/mailman B

Edit: For the record, your failure is enormous.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By crunchUK

"

--"

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jayge_

Oh yeah. You need to be my friend to see that, don't you. Here's a screenshot.

caption
caption
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By crunchUK

suit yourself but really clling halo generic makes you look like an idiot. and if it's so bad why would you play it through 8 times over?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jayge_

To help friends out who asked for it, because I'm a nice guy? And had nothing else to play until The Orange Box came out, which, if you look at the date, is the last time I played Halo (on my gamertag anyway, I split-screen with my buddy at his house sometimes). You've failed to provide any evidence against Halo's assertion that it *isn't* generic.