Your feeling about the aquisition of Giantbomb? (POLL)

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Brendan said:

If I didn't trust them, I wouldn't be here. I'm sure gladspooky is raging somewhere yet still visiting the site for some unimaginable reason.

That guy seems to hate everything about everything.

GolazoDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By GolazoDan

Gamespot should basically let Giant Bomb do all those awkward interviews with Robert Bowling and so forth where they read questions off an iPad and never look away from the screen to make eye contact.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By Sayishere

Im happy I'm guess, but I just hope they are not prevented from doing anything, which I don't. I will miss certain people from wm though but overall I guess I'm excited more an anything

DirtyEagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By DirtyEagles

Won't caviar showers and corporate thuggin get in the way of giantbombs loosey goosiness?

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#155  Edited By slax

It's kind of crazy. I'm not sure what to expect, but at this point I'm putting my trust in the team. We'll see how that goes.

mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157  Edited By mrsmiley

I'm proud to be a member of the B category. I've supported Jeff and GB since the very beginning, and I will continue to do so until they are all grumpy(ier) old(er) men(er?).

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#158  Edited By kerse

@xbob42 said:

I love it. I have faith that Jeff and crew wouldn't do this if they didn't think it would help them become an even better site. Jeff has done absolutely nothing to make me not trust him at his word, and until he does, I will trust his judgment implicitly.

This, Jeff has never given me a reason to doubt what he says. Also this isn't them becoming part of Gamespot, if CBS didn't have gamespot this conversation wouldn't even be happening, the only reason people are being weird about it is because of that. They will still be their own site, just with the funding to actually do the stuff they've been wanting to do.

dibdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#160  Edited By dibdab

G- I am excited and hope that giantbomb remains as independent as it has always been. Yes I am sure there will be some changes but so long as the core ideals stay the same then it should be a good thing.

primebacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By primebacon

I find it weird that they didn't communicate the plans to the loyal fans or members or whatever. I'm a ghost here usually, enjoying the occasional video but I feel a little bit left out when they just announce that it's over. The whole thing could have been handled better I believe.

Bottom line: If watching a video becomes a hassle now (stupid 30sec ads before a video), proprietary video players (no youtube version) then I'm not going to bother.

D

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im looking forward to see whats going to happen.  Im hoping that big changes arent going to happen

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Gizmo

I'm still stoked about Tested, what a great outcome for those guys.

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D. for reasons that have probably been reiterated over a thousand times by this point.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Mirado

You know, I think Jeff's livestream reassured me. If things ever go sour, I've got the feeling he'd (and the rest of the crew) would just break it off and make a new GB; it's been proven that people WILL follow wherever they go. Integrity really seems to be everything to them, and that's all the proof I need.

....at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#167  Edited By Sooperspy

@Gizmo said:

Yeah, when they showed Jamie and Adam in the video, I was all like "Holy shit! Awesome!"

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By RE_Player1

D. I hope they stay the same but I won't be surprised if a year or two down the line this whole thing goes tits-up in terms of content and staff quality.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Zithe

B. I've come around on it a bit. I'm not totally sold but I'm excited to see what happens.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#170  Edited By bennym6

I''m excited to see the evolution of the site plus it brings back old memories. I can now forgive Gamespot and will occasionally look at there new stuff now. :D Let's hope this pans out well FAREWELL RORIE AND CHAN AND THE FRESH PRINCE WE MISS YOU DEARLY :'(

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By RE_Player1

@Redbullet685 said:

@Gizmo said:

Yeah, when they showed Jamie and Adam in the video, I was all like "Holy shit! Awesome!"

Yeah those guys got a fucking landslide victory. So excited for them and the site. Tested will become a daily thing for me instead of a once and awhile visit.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#172  Edited By Dimsey

Definitely excited to see what's next, I think it's far too early to be freaking out over it.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#173  Edited By spankingaddict

A . and b

Seeing Jeff and crew happy makes me ecstatic ! THEY DESERVE THIS !

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Sorry. It might seem a little "Fight Club/Project Mayhem"ish, but I just don't trust CBSi to just let them do their own thing for too long. Gerstmann-gate 2 will happen about five years from now.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By yakov456

D. Not liking it at all. I'm happy for the crew to be able to see each other again but the whole point of GB was to move away from big brother and not have any outside interference. I have no sub though so my opinion has no weight to it.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#176  Edited By spankingaddict

@BestUsernameEver: This poll couldn't have been made any better. Good job !

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#177  Edited By Nux

D, but I feel that things will turn out ok for the GB crew and the site.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By penguindust

I am cautiously optimistic which is more than I can say about the future of Screened and Anime Vice.

I thought this was a funny Twitter from Jeff Green.

Jeff Green@Greenspeak

@rolyatkcinmai @taswell Now what needs to happen is for EA to buy CBS Interactive....

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By RedRoach

Guys Guys Guys, this means that Dave will be working exclusively with GB and CV. MORE DAVE FUCKERS.

I'm excited. I was a bit worried at first but after all the stuff today with the 2 live streams and twitter I have faith in this decision. I've been here since day 1 of Giantbomb back when "how to build a bomb: episode 1" was posted, and I will continue to be here. I understand people's concerns, but just calm down, and see how things play out over the next two months before you do anything crazy.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By captain_clayman

B. a bit worried, but i'm gonna remain optimistic. I trust GB won't try and change what they do best.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Mars_Cleric

If this means they can keep going forever, I'm all for it

Giant Bomb 4 Life

Once you're in, there ain't no getting out

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Funkydupe

It'll be interesting to see whether they remain as separate sites a few years from now. Changes will happen gradually in that regard. Starting with inviting crew from one site over to the other for specific tasks and so on can get the ball rolling towards a merge. We'll see. I think Giant Bomb can do this - and by that I mean grow but still be their own bosses.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By RedRoach

@BestUsernameEver said:

@Breadfan said:

D. I'm not going as far to cast doubt on anything the crew does after this point, but I love GB for its independant shenaniguns (?). Hopefully the content doesn't change too much and things transition smoothly.

I really hope they don't get formal, Giantbomb has always been a video site, and if the videos and quicklooks because more 'information' about the game and less them just playing, that would be the worst thing to happen. I said before, if CBS just lets them be themselves, and just funds the site, I can say that would be perfect. Also, I find it a little sad that Jeff and Ryan left Gamespot to make their own awesome site, and now they are coming back to the company they left in sort of an awkward fashion, rubs me the wrong way. Let's hope they don't change their attitude to the tone of having to prove themselves. Bah, its all speculation and we can't say for sure until they are in the new building, but man, this is a dramatic change that's happening so fast.

Well after hearing Jeff recount how this all went down, he trusts CBS to not fuck them over, so I do to.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#184  Edited By MistaSparkle

More Giantbomb! I trust these guys 100%. I'll be shocked if this is bad news.

CodeFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By CodeFire

@Jason_Bourne: *nm*

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#186  Edited By GioVANNI

@BBQBram said:

My worry is not with the content, it's with the goddamn GameSpot community of inbred fanboys spilling over to our duder ranch of semi-intellectual game appreciation. Fuck this.

This. I feel a large part of what makes Giant Bomb isn't just the great video content, it's the awesome community behind it. I sincerely hope the community isn't shaken up because of this stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about the part where Will and Norm are totally going to work with the Mythbusters guys?  

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By CL60

I'm not worried about the content. I'm just worried about the sites being broken up.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it, and it's what I always feared would happen in one way or another. In my mind, there is no way this ends up having more benefits than downsides. Whiskey Media has been fucking terrible at managing itself from day one, and it's no surprise we're right back to square 1. I remember a couple weeks ago, joking "Giant Bomb has come full circle" when Ryan accidentally re-used a Bombcast cover picture. I had no idea how right I was at the time.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By samcotts

Definitely excited. Will be interesting to see the changes.

I trust Jeff and co to know what's best for Giant Bomb.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#191  Edited By shiftymagician

With their current track record, I voted A and have faith that Jeff and the gang will do well at least during the next few years. Of course there has to be eventual changes that came from such a decision, but I have little to no reason to doubt them at the moment.

Also it was real nice to hear the story of Jeff's firing in better, more transparent detail. Definitely credit to Gamespot for getting that out of the way Day 1.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#192  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Other, leaning towards B. I'm hopeful and I trust the GB staff, but it's way too early to say how this will turn out.

Give it 6 months or a year, let's see what happens when a controversial review comes up.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Interesting image.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#194  Edited By pickassoreborn

D. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for the moment. Could be amazing, we'll see.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spankingaddict said:

@BestUsernameEver: This poll couldn't have been made any better. Good job !

Thanks a lot.

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Jimbo7676

I'm excited, I was terrified at first obviously, but after hearing from the guys and seeing them straight up be honest about Jeff being fired I and seeing what Will and Norm will be doing I am mostly stoked. I am freaking out about Matt Rorie though. MATT WE LOVE YOU PLEASE STAY WITH US SOMEWHERE! I need puppy reviews, drunken antics, and social awkwardness hilarity.

Philzpilz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Philzpilz

Don't get me wrong, I trust these guys to be good at what they do, it's just going to lose the a garage feel which was, to me, always the best bit of this site.

That you had proffessionals kind of flying by the seat of their pants was great, a nice mix of raw this is how it is, with actual quality to back stuff up. Here's hoping?

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By NekuCTR

I'm stoked about it except for one major thing.

If I was a large company I wouldn't be too happy to know that a website that I'm responsible for is posting unedited footage of an entire game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say goodbye forever ER.

Rerejo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Rerejo28

@NekuSakuraba said:

D. I'm scared as fuck, I love Giantbomb and Whiskey media.

I am really feeling a bunch of mixed emotions.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#200  Edited By cornbredx

My feelings are pretty much the same as yours. I am happy for them, but I only worry for what will happen in the future. I guess I'm just old and cynical but this is all really weird.