either infamous or killzone 2... i'm leaning closer to infamous tho :/

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By William

Arkham Asylum. only game i got this year.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#105  Edited By spankingaddict
@gingertastic_10 said:
" inFAMOUS. "
hell yeah, infamous just might take my GOTY award..
Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Nettacki

A tie between BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and inFamous for me.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By vidiot

I'm seeing Infamous a lot here, as redundant as it might be I do agree it deserves to be at the top. 

So far I've been blown away by Batman Arkham Asylum, for multiple reasons. 

For games that are not either Infamous or Batman, this year has been a little bit of a wash. I think Telltale stepped up to the plate gloriously with the Monkey Island revival, and Bethesda kept making me boot up Fallout 3 again and again with some of the best expansions I've ever seen in a game. 

I didn't feel Shadow Complex, I think too much of the games hype surrounding it is the nostalgia factor as everyone realizes that classic metroid style gameplay still rocks. I thought it was uninspired and boring, I would love to see Chair revisit the gameplay with an art atheistic that and a plot held back by something so polorizing. (Aka: Empire.) They could tottaly do it, their last XBLA game involved bright aquatic undersea soliders. It's not like their devoid of creativity on their own. 

There seems to be more miss-fires, and unpredicitable suprises this year. If you told me at the begining of this year that I would be enjoying a game based on Batman more than the latest installment of Resident Evil, I would have laughed at you. This whole year is all over the place.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#108  Edited By clubsandwich

I have only played the demo but I would have to go with Batman.

StarwindX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By StarwindX9

Dissidia is quite amazing, but I would have to say inFamous

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#110  Edited By MKHavoc

The only new game I've played all year is Resident Evil 5.  I ended up liking it way more than I thought I would so that is currently my GOTY.  That's probably gonna change soon though.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By LiquidPrince

Batman, or Professor Layton. It will probably be overtaken by Uncharted and Assassin's Creed though.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Infamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum, so far.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@xyzygy said:

" @Lind_L_Taylor: It's really great, but you have to love RPGs. There is a ton of Item Creation and stuff for completionists and of course, the battle system is amazing. There are only two characters who are shitty, personality wise. I am over 100 hours into my file now :p "

I bought a few, but have yet to play them. I got Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, & The Last Remnant.  Mostly because Fallout 3 took up a ton of my free time. That's the biggest problem with RPGs for me is finding that 35-100 hours to squeeze in.  It takes me months to put that much time into games since I work full time & have a few other hobbies.  Sometimes I can squeeze in 8-10 hours on weekends if nothing 
else is going on.  I think I've put in maybe 250-300 hours into Fallout 3 since release since I played through it twice with one duder as good & the other duder as evil.  I'll probably play through it again as neutral after I top them out.
Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#114  Edited By Damian

Best game I played this year was Valkeria Chronicles. But the best game that I played that came out this year is either inFamous or Batman ... It's been a delayed sort of year. But all's well that ends well, I suppose.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By xyzygy
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @xyzygy said:

" @Lind_L_Taylor: It's really great, but you have to love RPGs. There is a ton of Item Creation and stuff for completionists and of course, the battle system is amazing. There are only two characters who are shitty, personality wise. I am over 100 hours into my file now :p "

I bought a few, but have yet to play them. I got Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, & The Last Remnant.  Mostly because Fallout 3 took up a ton of my free time. That's the biggest problem with RPGs for me is finding that 35-100 hours to squeeze in.  It takes me months to put that much time into games since I work full time & have a few other hobbies.  Sometimes I can squeeze in 8-10 hours on weekends if nothing  else is going on.  I think I've put in maybe 250-300 hours into Fallout 3 since release since I played through it twice with one duder as good & the other duder as evil.  I'll probably play through it again as neutral after I top them out. "
All those games are really great, especially Last Remnant. It's just so addictive and the battles are crazy. Fallout 3 took up a lot of my free time too, I still have to get achievements for getting to the level marks on neutral and good sides :p. But if you like those games, there is no reason why you won't like Star Ocean. Have you played Vesperia? Another great RPG there too.