• 171 results
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By _Zombie_

Played Morrowind for 24 hours. To this day, I haven't gotten anywhere near close to breaking that record.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By kaos_cracker

Battlefield 2 mod Project Reality for 5 hours.....

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Probably my 10 hour session of Arkham Origins.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to think about that... but probably something around 10-12 hours.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played Tales of Xillia yesterday for like 8 hours. My longest was Persona 3 the first day I got it, though. I played it for like 11 hours straight with my sister.

belgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By belgo

When Cata and Wraith came out for Wow came out. Easy 48+ hours. Almost got realm first gnome but crashed around the 50 hr mark.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Probably Minecraft as well. When it first came out I would play it on a server pretty much most of the day.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#58 gamer_152  Moderator

I don't know for sure but I'm certain there must have been a time when I played an MMO for like 16 hours straight.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Ravelle

Champions of Norrath back in the day, starting after lunch and ended when we could hear the first birds chirping on the first glimmer of light.

And more recently a Dokapon Kingdom session that lasted about 12 hours or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up with new people bumping threads nearly 2 years old?

Whatever, at least it's an interesting question. To answer it, I believe there was a day back in High School on a Saturday where I spent over 10 hours playing World of Warcraft, just doing quests in Un'goro crater in Vanilla WoW.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By aajf

@random45 said:

What's up with new people bumping threads nearly 2 years old?

They probably find the threads from google/some other source and make accounts specifically to contribute them, not realising how old they are. I doubt anyone actually searches the forums for these topics and resurrects them.

Anyway, probably Civ 4 and 5 local multiplayer for me. Several 10-12 hour sessions. I played through Bioshock Infinite in two sessions interrupted only by sleep and food, but it was the Xbox version so I don't know my play time. Pokemon Blue and X have probably come close to the 8 hour mark for me too, but those are the games you can play while doing something else so it's not quite the same.

edit - I guess the simplest way to find out why new users bump old threads is to ask them directly. @miko1222, how did you come upon this thread?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In my WoW days I woke up after 4 hours sleep and only left my chair to quickly eat or use the bathroom. Probably played 18 hours a day for weeks at a time. Yep, I was a pretty cool dude.

eatatwhiteys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 3, about 24 hrs give or take

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I remember a few 8-10 hour Oblivion sessions on the weekend, but I usually don't play for more than 2-3 hours. The absolute longest, though?

In college, my roommate was leaving for the weekend and said I could play whatever I wanted from his 360 collection. I started Fable 3, and played for about 22 hours with a short nap somewhere in the middle. I think I survived on Yoo-Hoos or something, because I don't remember eating anything.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I remember plenty of 8-10 hour sessions of several games in the first year or two of me having a 360.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Oh geez... I don't even know. Probably either Halo 2/3 LAN's or Gears 1 multiplayer. I've had sessions lasting over 12 hours for both O_O

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played Skyrim for about 5 hours the day it came out. Halo CE and 2 easily done 6 hours, and EverQuest would probably be some 10 - 12 hour stint.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing longer than maybe 8 hours or so. I eventually reach a point, especially when it's late at night, where I'm just too tired to carry on.

Yeah, me too.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jadegl

Circumstances really have to align for me to have long game sessions. I work all week and I am married, so both of us have to pretty much be playing something at the same time that we really love or one of us has to be out of the house. Not to say I feel like I need to not play games around my husband, but we kind of remind each other to take breaks, eat, get out of the house, etc. It's a lot easier to be into a game completely if you aren't living with someone. :)

The longest sessions I remember having were with the original Mass Effect and Fallout 3. I played Mass Effect when my husband, then boyfriend, worked the night shift at a seasonal job. I ended up coming home and he would be asleep, so I would clean house, make his "lunch" and then make sure he got ready to leave at 9 pm. After that I would play Mass Effect until 1 or later in the morning. This went on until I beat the game, so a couple of weeks. With Fallout 3, my husband had to go on a family trip and I had to stay home for work. I ended up being alone for about a week. I ended up playing Fallout 3 in all my spare time, no tv, no reading, no internet browsing, just Fallout 3. This was a few months after it came out. I would probably say at least 6 consecutive hours a day for 5ish days, if not more.

Now my longest time is probably only a couple of hours, 3 at the most. I think I did that when the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt was gong on a few months ago. It helped that I was playing co-op with the hubby, so again we were pushing each other along.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grand Theft Auto: SA. Got it for the PS2, came home, and played it for 13 hours straight. GTA: SA really was a great game.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't... really know.

I'm currently taking a break from an intensive Super Mario 3D World session and my hands are all fidgety and sweaty.

Though I'm sure the game I've played the longest session of was probably a Monster Hunter game or something. Or maybe Morrowind or Terraria. I don't know, man.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

FTL played it from 8pm-10am the first day I had it and I've barley touched it since.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

24+ hours the day the MEME Expansion came out for Metal Gear Online.. If you don't know, the game warned you after 5 hours every hour to take a break, it went all the way up to 24 hours for me..

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we leave out WoW and Diablo 2/3 with their insane numbers, then probably...I don't know, Vice City on PC? That was pretty dope. I also remember being pretty mesmerized by God of War 2 and playing it for hours with a few short breaks in-between.

cbm32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By cbm32

I've been gaming my entire life.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#78  Edited By trulyalive

Earlier this year, I accidentally beat MGS4 in one sitting. I think it took just shy of 24 hours.

That shit was dummmmb.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

When I was deep into World of Warcraft I'm sure I underwent 8-12 hour sessions. I'm bad at keeping track of time, so I can't say for sure. My attention span isn't long enough to play long sessions generally. WoW is different because it's a world full of distractions to occupy you. A great deal of this time, I'm sure was spent aimlessly jumping around Stormwind and killing squirrels while chatting with friends. The only time I didn't get a night's sleep while playing WoW, or any game, was when I had to deprive my self of sleep for some brain tests the next morning.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did a thirty hour marathon session of Final Fantasy VII from start to finish with some friends once.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I played Sleeping Dogs for roughly 14 consecutive hours a little over a year ago. I wanna say that's the longest I've played any single game. Persona 4, Rock Band 2, and Super Meat Boy might have comparable session lengths. I played every Mass Effect game for 10 hours straight each time I started one, too.

That is not necessarily how I recommend playing Sleeping Dogs or Super Meat Boy, for what it's worth.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've done 10 hours straight on Skyrim, but I think I did longer sessions with Elite back on the C64. I have a week off in Feb and I'm thinking of having a monster session during then. Haven't decided on a game yet though.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's a toss up between Civ V, Skyrim, and KotoR. Played for about 10-12 hours.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think mine was 11 hours beating resident evil 4 without getting up to poop or get food

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#85  Edited By Hunter5024

Me and my friend like to beat games together in one sitting. I don't know where we got the idea that it was feasible to do that with Final Fantasy X, but we got a full 24 hours in before we gave up. I think when we beat it the next day the clock ended up reading something like 32, but we grinded for a while so we probably could've cut that significantly and pushed through the first day.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say i put in at least a few 12 hour runs in Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout 3. Also put a 12 hour run with a bunch of buddies when Halo 2 and 3 came out.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

24+ hours on both Diablo 2 and Neverwinter Nights at a LAN with friends.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By NTM

I don't really like bumped threads, because I don't look at the dates, but then I see my post and it's just... awkward. It's also sad to see what seems like a bunch of people keep posting, unaware that it was a bumped thread. I just feel like it's a waste of time, but I guess not.

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#89  Edited By Toastburner_B

A few years back I was bedridden for a few days, and I had a copy of Persona 3 I hadn't played it. I probably played it 10-14 hours a day for 3 or 4 days straight. Those are the longest play sessions I can remember.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer said:

Probably beating MGS2 the night it came out, then immediately beating it again, in one sitting.

I feel sad for you. Also Necro.

Overall: No clue. I've played 16 hour sessions at least like 75 times in my life though.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I game about somewhere between 3-5 hours, during the afternoon, then I take a break for the rest of the day, unless I feel like doing it again late at night.

As for the longest game I've ever played, that honor goes to the Mass Effect trilogy, followed Fallout 3: Game of the year Edition. I played F3 for almost 100 hours.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@starvinggamer said:

Probably beating MGS2 the night it came out, then immediately beating it again, in one sitting.

I feel sad for you.

Why would you feel sad for someone playing the 5th best game OF ALL TIME!?

dobschutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu said:

Skyrim for about 40 hours.

Burning crusade for about 65.

These are my longest sessions of note.

*bow

*shake hands

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

12 hours Final Fantasy XIII

10 Hours Dragon's Crown

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pulled 22 hours straight when Wrath of The Lich King came out. I was racing my guild leader to 80. I missed server first by seconds as I was saying "Guess whaaaat?!" in /g before turning in my last quest.

My very first time playing Civilization 5 (my first Civ game), I played for 10 hours straight without even using the restroom or getting a snack. Holy cow that game is addictive.

I pulled 8 hours straight on one of my first nights playing Rust.

Other than those, a 4 hour session is what I consider ridiculously long on average.

mkskillz16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gears of War 1 multiplayer vs. started at 6pm, played til 6am.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By HH

when i got hooked on Oblivion, when i'd just gotten my first 360, i did a few 18 hour days in a row.

i was living above a corner store and a good indian takeaway at the time, both fiendish enablers.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Between 6-8 hours I'd wager to guess playing MGS4.

Bait003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Bait003

4 days playing FF8 and FF: Tactics and that was the first/last time i rented a PS1 for week.