Report: Hideo Kojima Starting New Studio With Former Konami Employees [UPDATED]

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By kasaioni

@joeyravn: I don't get that logic. Doesn't it just mean that it won't come to PC? Edit: Ooooh, I get it. Console exclusive, as in not Xbox One.

@lttibbles Yeah, he was actually you all along.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@kasaioni: What if that's not Kojima at all!!?!?!??

No Caption Provided

Yeah I know man. He kinda looked a little pixelated there. Perhaps he was rendered in the FOX Engine? Are we so certain that this video is real at all?

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By kasaioni

Here's Kojima's explanation of the meaning behind the logo. "Represents the latest technology and pioneering spirit in the new world vision" because it looks like a fusion between a medieval knight's helmet (notice the shape, especially of the front and the roman empire-like frill-thingy) and a space suit helmet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c749b883bf8f
deactivated-5c749b883bf8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That great news. Kojima- "But guess what? I will be coming back and I'm bringing my new toys with me." I really like the new logo too. :)

Image result for kojima productions logo

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

awesome

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By probablytuna

@n7: I'm like 80% sure but yeah I want an official announcement!

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I did not know Andrew House was fluent in Japanese.

Kojima looks haggard. Too bad he can't take the FOX Engine with him; it was a beautiful piece of tech. House said that they're supporting him, but are they willing to sink a few years and hundreds of millions just to establish a new engine, or is he going to be intimately familiar with UE4?

That logo is sick. I mean, not as raw as the lightning fox, but it's best to forget and move on.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#159  Edited By clagnaught

Well now.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NEW PLACE FOR HIDEO!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kojima looks haggard. Too bad he can't take the FOX Engine with him; it was a beautiful piece of tech. House said that they're supporting him, but are they willing to sink a few years and hundreds of millions just to establish a new engine, or is he going to be intimately familiar with UE4?

That logo is sick. I mean, not as raw as the lightning fox, but it's best to forget and move on.

Let's remember that they had Fumito Ueda on staff for many many years and all he's had to show for it so far is The Last Guardian. The last game he made before TLG was Shadow of The Colossus.

Kojima however has made very many games in that span between those two. So if they can afford to staff him and fund him like they did Ueda, logically, they will at least have something to show for it more often than not.

That's how I see it.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By kasaioni

@n7: Also remember that when he detected the first signs of troubled development of a game (i.e. Metal Gear Solid: Rising) he shut that shit down and restarted it (with the help of Platinum of course).

Edit: Looks like Yoji Shinkawa came along as well.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he works a deal with Konami so that he can make a directors cut of MGS 5

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he works a deal with Konami so that he can make a directors cut of MGS 5

I don't think he's quite ready to chop off his own pinkies.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Awesome news, super excited to see what Kojima does next with a new studio. One of the best possible outcomes considering all the crap that's been going on.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Awesome.

Also, that logo is friggin' DOPE. I want a t-shirt of it.

Terranova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john1912 said:

Im kind surprise MS didnt snatch him up.

Kojima is still someone Japan looks to for games Microsoft has pretty much no presence there so he wouldn't go just to them, Sony or Nintendo were the only choices for him if he wanted to go console exclusive.

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#168  Edited By ptys

OK now I get why Andrew House is the man at the helm of PS, cause he can speak some sweet Japanese. Love it!!

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm buying a shirt with that new logo as soon as I fucking can.
Also, YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOI.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hells yeah, get out there Kojima!

Break your chains!

fustacluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7 said:
@ch3burashka said:

Let's remember that they had Fumito Ueda on staff for many many years and all he's had to show for it so far is The Last Guardian. The last game he made before TLG was Shadow of The Colossus.

Kojima however has made very many games in that span between those two. So if they can afford to staff him and fund him like they did Ueda, logically, they will at least have something to show for it more often than not.

That's how I see it.

Also, the lead in charge of creating the Fox Engine left Konami shortly after the release of MGSV, so there's no reason why he couldn't hook up with Kojima Productions.

Agree on the logo, too. Effin' rad.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7 said:
@ch3burashka said:

That's how I see it.

Also, the lead in charge of creating the Fox Engine left Konami shortly after the release of MGSV, so there's no reason why he couldn't hook up with Kojima Productions.

Agree on the logo, too. Effin' rad.

I'd sure hope that that's the case. The Fox Engine is one of the raddest things on the market right now, especially on PC. Super smooht.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a PC owner I can say: "Console exclusive" is the best exclusive.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

As a PC owner I can say: "Console exclusive" is the best exclusive.

Yeah I hope they stick by that "console exclusive" description. I'd love to see more Kojima games appearing on the PC, after the success of Ground Zeroes and MGSV.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

How long until Konami offers an official statement that Mr. Kojima is still with the company and simply on vacation. Also, they have a new pachinko machine coming soon.

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously these don't mean anything but I still think it's neat.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By SomeJerk

I waited until Sony confirmation to comment, this is 100% what I wanted them to do, to extend a hand of "hey man we'll take help you out whatever you want, much respect xoxo". Unfuck Dave Lang, fuck Konami instead.

CrippWox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing that sucks about partnering with Sony that you will not see the game join PC community.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ch3burashka: nooooo fuck that, they can use unity for all I care just GIVE ME THE GAME FASTER!!

Seriously though with all the awesome third party engine options available nowadays building an in house one is just a waste of time and money.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kasaioni said:

Boy, can't wait to see Kojima make something smaller. Just a smaller-scale indie-type game. Yeah, that would be cool, yeah. Just, you know, a smaller project.

No Caption Provided

It could still be a small game. Capybara Games employs roughly the same amount of people listed above and we all think of them as a small indie studio.

90sVibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thrilled to see that Kojima is finally getting the respect he deserves.

I own an PS4, PC and WiiU but I still think despite the fact that is great to see Kojima back, exclusives still suck.

I mean I'm not even an XBone owner and I still think it's messed up they don't get SF5.

Or is it just that I'm old and grew up in the 80's and 90's when games were simpler?

At any rate it's sad that watching Sony and Microsoft compete is like watching two politicians running for president with the popularity vote. Sad really.

Anyhoo, rock on Hideo :)

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome news, and a great get for Sony. Really curious to see what he does next (and I figure there will be some sort of announcement at E3).

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanj said:

Awesome.

Also, that logo is friggin' DOPE. I want a t-shirt of it.

Yeah, I don't really wear video game clothing, or even anything that's just a logo, but I think I have to make an exception for this.

Legendary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Kojima looks like he has seen better days. I feel sorry for the guy, but I hope this announcement and partnership makes him happy and free to explore whatever the fuck is in his head. (BUT I DO WANT A NEW ZOE GAME THOUGH).

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

@somejerk You can never un-fuck Dave Lang.

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

Not even the slightest hint on what level of bat-shit-crazy the new game is going to be.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ghost_cat

Boy, let me tell you about that Sony and how they love to pull a Sony!

But in seriousness, since Kojima decided to partner up with Sony in the end, this does mean we are looking at a smaller game, right? I'm now actually excited for E3 next year.

Edit: Hold on, by "bringing new toys with me," does he mean the FOX engine is still his to use?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By ripelivejam

I do like how kojima wasted no time once his noncompete was up.

Avatar image for tylerdurden4321
TylerDurden4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out on PS5, I guess... anyway, good to see that Sony knows, they have to improve their portfolio with some games. PS4 exclusives were lackluster so far compared to what Sony had to offer in the PS3 era. I just hope it won't be a VR-exclusive title.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Way too many people wondering if he'll do ZOE/PT/MGS concepts etc.

I don't want any of that, I want him to try something completely new. Dude must have some great ideas rattling round in his head from last 20 years

Avatar image for captainkamikaze
CaptainKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By CaptainKamikaze

I hope it's a tactical espionage game, with an emphasis on stealth, about the conflict between tiny robots and every game centers on stopping a human that's been weaponized by the bad side of the tiny robots.

"Huh, Metal Gear Steve?" one of the tiny robots would say, if the human was named Steve.

How has this not been done before?

How are you not a video game developer?

ARE YOU A WIZARD?

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huge for Sony. Kojima is a treasure.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#193  Edited By Seikenfreak

Woooo go Sony. I love when a company knows the value of something and puts themselves out there to lock it down.

I guess I'm one of those who think console exclusives are fun. I also typically own all the systems, and currently do, so I don't care.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@deadstar said:

I wonder if he'll try to revisit the Silent Hills concept.

Was thinking the same, also hoping for that.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This news (and the video?) was meant to be the finisher of the PSX presentation. Shame it didn't happen that way.

w00master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moving over to Sony? New project? Making a prediction: It's a game using Sony's VR platform. It has to be.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'm hyped!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#198  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Ugh exclusive games. Just go away already. At least they used "console exclusive" language? I play on PC now but anyways just want as many people to have the chance to play Kojima games as possible.

FDL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By FDL
ph00p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready for Solid Gear Metal with Slippery Eel and Solid Eel.