Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#301  Edited By Cloudenvy

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: It's not as consequence free as K-ON, the latter half has a little focus on the consequences of being an idol...But I wouldn't say it's as serious as Beck either (despite some grim stuff happening once in a while in the second half).

If you want some sort of serious introspect into the world of idol groups and how that business works, Idolmaster is nooooooooooooooot for you. The theme is very much friendship with obstacles along the way.

That is exactly I want but I was doubtful Idolmaster would be it. Sounds like it's more about the bonding within a Idol group which I would like to see as well.

That's pretty much it, yeah!

Jesna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#302  Edited By Jesna

So I just finished watching Kids on the Slope, and it was pretty good! The whole thing felt a little rushed compared to the manga, but considering the time restraints I wasn't really bothered by it. The only really noticeable part was when it skipped over Kaoru going to college, which had its own mini-arc in the manga.

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By User_Undefined

@AlexanderSheen said:

@TobbRobb said:

@Emeryl said:

With all of the TTGL talk, have any of you read Double K?

It's basically an 80s buddy cop show with the Gurren Lagann cast, which fits almost a little too well.

Reading it now. And in my opinion, it's more entertaining than TTGL is. :D

Why are there missing pages? I want to see as much as I could of this.

Not entirely sure what you mean by missing pages. CaptainOsaka has only drawn the first volume. You could always try his deviantArt account to see if there were any you missed.

He also does some really unique pieces like if Gurren Lagann and GaoGaiGar fused:

No Caption Provided
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Emeryl: Page 36, 37, 39, 40, 43 is missing. I checked it.

No Caption Provided
User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By User_Undefined

@AlexanderSheen: The "next" button links to the right pages. (meant to be read as helpful, not degrading)

No Caption Provided
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#306  Edited By jacksukeru

@asian_pride said:

@GunslingerPanda: Idk, you'll probably like it (or not, I'm not really sure), but I certainly didn't. Just everything about it made me angry, and none of the story bits and characters came off as sincere. I just--I don't know, gah...

I had seen the OVA but had no idea that the anime existed so I started watching it last night after reading this.

Oh man, I'm 3 or 4 episodes in and aaah.... I sorta... like.. how it looks so I'll...probably keep watching it, but I see what you mean. There are a lot of moments when the characters just say things that you would never hear coming out of anyones mouth, except maybe if they were speaking to a 5-year old, yet the others just accept it and go "that's deep". Also that damn coloring book! Bird and colors are nice, we get it, now quit it.

You're saying you regretted finishing it so I'm assuming it gets worse, I'll look forward to it.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Cloudenvy

@RockmanBionics: God, if you think it's bad with the coloring book stuff now...Actually, if you think it's bad with anything now..

I can't wait to hear what you think after you finish it.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Emeryl: Oh, okay, thanks. I used the Prev button on the top, I didn't even look down there.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#309  Edited By jacksukeru

@Cloudenvy: Aside from noticing the things I mentioned and thinking they were dumb I've been mostly ok with it thus far, even with the creepy wheelchair girl and the overly understanding counselor. I don't feel like I'll hate it from what I've seen thus far but we'll see. I'll probably finish it over the weekend.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#310  Edited By Sergio
Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Sergio: Hmm, not much surprising there. Doesn't seem like there's much difficult stuff either so they can probably handle it.

I'm guessing Arcana, Tari Tari and Sword Art Online will end up being delaycasts.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#312  Edited By Daroki

@TobbRobb said:

Guys I just cleared the stuff I'm already watching, dunno what to get to next. Pick one for me? :D

These are the one I can watch right the fuck now, other suggestions are saved for a later occasion. ^^

Clannad

Code Geass

Ghost in the Shell

Gungrave

Higashi no Eden

Monster

Mushishi

Idolm@ster

Welcome to the NHK

Monster is amazing. If you liked the cat and mouse stuff from a show like Death Note it's that on a whole new level. Welcome to the NHK is good if you're looking for something to mess with your mind a bit, but Monster makes me wish that 20th Century Boys would get an adaptation.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#313  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@Daroki said:

@TobbRobb said:

Guys I just cleared the stuff I'm already watching, dunno what to get to next. Pick one for me? :D

These are the one I can watch right the fuck now, other suggestions are saved for a later occasion. ^^

Clannad

Code Geass

Ghost in the Shell

Gungrave

Higashi no Eden

Monster

Mushishi

Idolm@ster

Welcome to the NHK

Monster is amazing. If you liked the cat and mouse stuff from a show like Death Note it's that on a whole new level. Welcome to the NHK is good if you're looking for something to mess with your mind a bit, but Monster makes me wish that 20th Century Boys would get an adaptation.

I second Monster.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By TobbRobb

@Rudeboy217: @Daroki: Yeah I've only heard good things about it, Monster has been high on the "To Watch" list for a while now. I haven't really been in the mood for something serious recently though.

Oh, and I've only read the Death Note manga, is the Anime worth watching as well? Consider that i'ts been a while since I read it, but I still remember all the major plot points.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By EXTomar

I felt Death Note fell to "absurditis" where the chain of absurd events needed to keep whats his face going were heaped on too many times and too thickly and to the point the writers lost their way. Maybe that was the point but at the beginning it seemed to be about shadowy form of vigilante justice where at the end he is just insane and ranting and raving about how much better he is than everyone.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By TobbRobb

@EXTomar: And that is pretty much how I remember it too... The manga that is, so the Anime turns out the same?

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@TobbRobb said:

Clannad

Code Geass

Ghost in the Shell

Gungrave

Higashi no Eden

Monster

Mushishi

Idolm@ster

Welcome to the NHK

I'd also suggest Monster.

As much as I love both Clannad (probably my second favorite Key visual novel adaptation to Air) and Code Geass (it was a great ride while it was airing, at least), Monster is truly a classic. I don't even usually watch shows of that daunting length but I was so drawn to it I practically marathoned it all. It's a great thriller.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By TobbRobb

@EquitasInvictus: I was going to watch stuff in the order people told me, but it seems Monster is gonna need a bump up the ladder with all these recommendations. ^^

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#319  Edited By dietmango

Finally finished Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. Overall a great show, though I expected a little more, but what can you do. I think they build up on the story and show their best during the last few episodes or so, but the ending felt anticlimactic. I'm glad though, that the core characters are intact personality-wise, so I'm satisfied with that. It's one of the more visually striking animes I've seen this year (alongside Tsuritama). Too bad some episodes were bad and poorly written. But seeing as Mari Okada did the script, I'm not terribly surprised. Would've been better if they hired someone else to handle that job. 8/10

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By Cloudenvy

@asian_pride: When Okada is at her worst she is the bane of my existence, jebus can she churn out some stinkers.

Anyways, I finished rewatching the second season of Black Lagoon and it's sadly a little weaker than I remember it being. Still good fun though. I still have Mushishi, Moyashimon and maybe I'll finally finish Planetes after putting it on hold halfway through it for a year or so.. I should try getting them done next week before the entire season starts.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Man, I really want to watch some of these summers seasons but I can't imagine being off the grid for a whole month thinking about these series so I might have to abstain until I get back in late August and just play catch up.

I'll have to play catch up with all the GB content then, too, though. Late August to Early September is going to be rough, not to mention the month preceding all that!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#322  Edited By Bocam

This OVA is probably the greatest thing ever made. Or I might be going crazy from Devil Kids.

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By falconpunch

@TobbRobb: Code Geass

Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@asian_pride said:

@Daroki said:

@asian_pride said:

@Daroki: Man, I must've watched that scene 10 times or so. Such a great episode.

I love how it's just zooming the camera around and showing characters reacting to what they're listening to just as you're reacting. When they flip over to "Someday My Prince Will Come" and go to Ri-Chan as she "sees what he did there" it's a perfect moment. That goes down with Another's "Pulp Fiction" scene as one of the best moments of the year.

Ha, yeah I totally remember that scene from Another. So out of nowhere, and funny.

Other than that awesome-sounding reference, is that series any good? All I've heard is that the death scenes are unintentionally hilarious.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Jay444111

Well holy crap. There was a Shin Megami Tensei OVA based on the book over there! here it is... (psh... tell no one else guys. This will be secret just for us so it won't go away for some stupid reason. Mainly do NOT like it because somehow youtube deletes videos based on that now for some reason or another.)

Nice! Going to watch!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#326  Edited By Hailinel

@Jay444111: I actually featured that in a blog some time ago.

Also, it's NSFW. Very much so, in fact.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#327  Edited By Red

The Persona 4 anime's pretty good.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Daroki

@Rudeboy217 said:

@asian_pride said:

@Daroki said:

@asian_pride said:

@Daroki: Man, I must've watched that scene 10 times or so. Such a great episode.

I love how it's just zooming the camera around and showing characters reacting to what they're listening to just as you're reacting. When they flip over to "Someday My Prince Will Come" and go to Ri-Chan as she "sees what he did there" it's a perfect moment. That goes down with Another's "Pulp Fiction" scene as one of the best moments of the year.

Ha, yeah I totally remember that scene from Another. So out of nowhere, and funny.

Other than that awesome-sounding reference, is that series any good? All I've heard is that the death scenes are unintentionally hilarious.

Another takes itself WAY too seriously at times, and it's carried by the fact that the animation is gorgeous. It tries so hard to be Spo-o-o-o-o-o-o-oky and overdoes it a lot. The opening theme is good, if not completely and totally inappropriate to the show (nothing against Ali Project, but that show doesn't need a bouncy OP). The death scenes are hilarious but almost as a break from the overbearing morbidness of the show. That scene though is the kicker, it changes the way you look at certain characters much like the Reincarnation chapter of Disgaea 1 does. Those things are acid tests to see if you're invested in the characters, if not you're best bailing out at that point, but if you are, those things will drive you towards the end (of the anime in Another's "pulp fiction" case, or the game in Disgaea's "Reincarnation" case).

And the reference is unreal because if I were to plumb that movie for a callout, it's the last thing I'd use.

@Red said:

The Persona 4 anime's pretty good.

I had to make a note to myself to not forget how awesome it's use of the status screen and "gamey" stuff was. And when compared to Persona: Trinity Soul, it's even better. *shiver*

Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@Daroki: Neat, and thanks for the thorough response. And I think it is hilarious that they referenced the dance scene because in Pulp Fiction that scene was actually a tribute to another, older film.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#330  Edited By GTCknight

@TobbRobb: I too have to agree with everyone else. You need to watch Monster. The entire story is amazing in the way that its put together.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By jerseyscum

Bible Black is really fucking funny if you happen to be stoned watching it.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

HELP ME YOU ANIME FREAKS! :P

Can you guys help a brother out?

I remember watching an Anime movie or show about a dystopian future where the rich wealthy people live in the sky in this giant floating city and the poor live in their trash on the earth's surface???

If you can give me the name of this, I will personally give you an internet brofist... but only one. Don't be greedy.

--

Also...

There was this other one where a giant, bloody battle took place in an underground subway? I just remember watching it on TV late at night when I was a kid. It was pretty gory and I think the premise was a group of people VS the one powerful evil dude. I think the train crashed, and all the heroes died including the villain dude, but the battle was sick. Either would be awesome!

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Daroki

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I remember watching an Anime movie or show about a dystopian future where the rich wealthy people live in the sky in this giant floating city and the poor live in their trash on the earth's surface???

If you can give me the name of this, I will personally give you an internet brofist... but only one. Don't be greedy.

--

Also...

There was this other one where a giant, bloody battle took place in an underground subway? I just remember watching it on TV late at night when I was a kid. It was pretty gory and I think the premise was a group of people VS the one powerful evil dude. I think the train crashed, and all the heroes died including the villain dude, but the battle was sick. Either would be awesome!

As far as the first one, it might be Battle Angel, Eden's Bowy, or Now and Then, Here and There, although with the last one the floating city is probably the last thing you'd identify it with, since the level of violence (physical and sexual) against children in that show is more of it's calling card.

The second one I don't *think* is Gantz because I don't remember it being on TV (unless you're outside the US, in which case maybe) and the description would be mashing things through a prolonged period of the show together into one memory.

Do you have a time frame? I watched anime as a kid too, but because of my age that meant Star Blazers and Force Five.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By penguindust

@NlGHTCRAWLER: The floating city one sounds like Astro boy of all things. That franchise is 50 years old, but there was a crappy CG movie made a few years ago. There was also a TV series that aired on American TV in 2003. [Episode 1 English]

If you want a better dystopian future anime movie, I suggest Metropolis.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Daroki said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

--

Also...

As far as the first one, it might be Battle Angel, Eden's Bowy, or Now and Then, Here and There, although with the last one the floating city is probably the last thing you'd identify it with, since the level of violence (physical and sexual) against children in that show is more of it's calling card.

The second one I don't *think* is Gantz because I don't remember it being on TV (unless you're outside the US, in which case maybe) and the description would be mashing things through a prolonged period of the show together into one memory.

Do you have a time frame? I watched anime as a kid too, but because of my age that meant Star Blazers and Force Five.

Just Googled them and Battle Angel is the winner for the first one! Thanks a lot man! ****BRO FIST*******

I don't think Gantz is the second one... It was almost like an epic superhero battle that took place in a subway. I just remember the bad guy slicing through the good guys with his sword and at the end he somehow causes the train to derail and explode. I'm 19 so it could have been anywhere from 12 years ago and up.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@PenguinDust: Thanks, but it was Battle Angel.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out. Metropolis huh? Does this have anything to do with that old creepy German film? The one with the creepy, satanic robot?

EDIT:

Holy crap... they look extremely similar.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By penguindust

@NlGHTCRAWLER: No prob. And, Metropolis is inspired by the Fritz Lang silent film classic so there are some similar themes and characters within the movie.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@PenguinDust said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: No prob. And, Metropolis is inspired by the Fritz Lang silent film classic so there are some similar themes and characters within the movie.

Gotta check it out for sure now! Thanks again :)

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Daroki: Another probably has the worst twist in recent memory..

USING TWO DIFFERENT VOICEACTORS FOR THE SAME PERSON IS CHEATING!

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#340  Edited By dietmango

@Rudeboy217: That's mostly the reason why I liked the show, kind of ironically. I've heard a few people that didn't like it, but I don't know, I enjoyed how the final episodes got pretty intense and the deaths were indeed hilarious, as much as I'm guilty in admitting it.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By Daroki

@Cloudenvy said:

@Daroki: Another probably has the worst twist in recent memory..

USING TWO DIFFERENT VOICEACTORS FOR THE SAME PERSON IS CHEATING!

Agreed, that was total bullshit, and goes along with me saying that it tried WAY too hard even to the extent of pulling cheap tricks to obscure things. It's not a Shiki or Higurashi but horror anime is few and far between and it's still an eyegasm. If I actually had a "wish" project I'd love to see done, it would be P.A. Works rebooting Kare Kano now that the manga is finished so maybe there'd be no infighting between the manga-ka and director (maybe not having Anno there would help as well).

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Daroki: That's a great wish project..Now I'm just bummed out because that will probably never happen. : (

I wonder what P.A's next "big" thing is going to be, I doubt they'll do much more with Hanasaku Iroha after they're done with the movie.

Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@PenguinDust said:

Gotta check it out for sure now! Thanks again :)

Way more so than the Tezuka manga I have heard, but yeah, definitely check that film out.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By Daroki

@Cloudenvy said:

@Daroki: That's a great wish project..Now I'm just bummed out because that will probably never happen. : (

I wonder what P.A's next "big" thing is going to be, I doubt they'll do much more with Hanasaku Iroha after they're done with the movie.

And we'll still be left halfway through the school festival. :( I think that Tsuda was burned enough on the first shot at Kare Kano that it'll never happen either, but I can hope. That was a series that needed to be a one season anime, let the manga-ka push ahead with her work through her own self admitted procrastination and gather enough material to put it out as she was writing it instead of pressuring her to move forward at Anno's pace. It's too bad, because Arima's breakdown in the manga was compelling stuff.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Daroki: Yeah, as long as we keep hoping it may happen someday! it's a shame that so much went wrong with the adaptation. We can only hope that the people involved learned from it at the very least.

Anyways, everything Black Lagoon is now finished and wrapped up in a pretty little package and I'm betting we won't see more of that franchise in terms of anime for a good, long while. Now onto Shakugan no Shana to see if that can hold my attention despite having yet another unlikeable Rie character!

xpogox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By xpogox

Just started watching Fairy Tale...and I love it!. Anyone have any recommendations based off that show?.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By Cloudenvy

@xpogox: I'm going to take a guess and say that you'll probably like One Piece and Bleach as well.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By raviolisumo

Yuru Yuri season 2 starts in a week, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xpogox: Toriko (maybe), Hunter X Hunter.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#350  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Has anyone here seen the Tales of Vesperia movie? Any good?