Anyone in the Military here?

atlfalconsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By atlfalconsfan

U.S. Navy here, Im a Master at Arms, basically im like a SWAT/Cop for the Navy, anyways anyone else?

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlackWaterCO

U.S. Marine Corps. I just signed up two months ago, going through MEPS right now, so Im a recurit as of now, but not a Marine just yet. I hope to spend time as Infantry and then move onto maybe Force Recon if I can do it.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By adam_grif

No. I don't have any place in this thread, but I felt obliged to join in on the discussions anyway.

Back in my 4chan days I was a tripfag on /k/, the weapons board, so I got to know quite a few people such as yourself. Some of the best internet citizens I ever met.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Do mind if I ask you a few questions? Im hoppping you are really in the service.

1.) My Brother-in-Law knows a guy who's in the Army and he is able (When stationed at a base) to play HIS Xbox 360 and he got it shipped over. So I have to ask. If I get stationed somewhere and im not currently overseas kicking middleeast ass, can I play my games in my off time? I know ALL military personel get off there duty at certain times.

2.) If I live on base (I know you may be on a Ship) do you have ANY idea of what the barraks are like? I live in Tampa FL and the MacDill AFB here has Barracks but they are like little apartments...So Will I be living by myself or with other people in the same room?

Thanks

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWaterCO
adam_grif said:
"No. I don't have any place in this thread, but I felt obliged to join in on the discussions anyway.

Back in my 4chan days I was a tripfag on /k/, the weapons board, so I got to know quite a few people such as yourself. Some of the best internet citizens I ever met.
"

glad to see you respect the men and women serving

Too Many Liberals out there trying to make us look like killing machines....Well so what? We Kill bad guys that ultimately would overrun our country if we just sat on our thumbs. Thanks Man.

To quote a Marine Sniper...

News Woman: What do you feel when you Kill people in the War?

Sniper: *With a small grin* Recoil....
PhilSebben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By PhilSebben

no, but my brother is an officer in the marines stationed in hawaii.

MOSES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MOSES

No, but five of my best friends went into basic training this summer.

I'm keeping them in my prayers.

AngryKraut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AngryKraut

I'm a Craftsman (Privet) Vehicle Technician in the Canadian Army. Joined in 07, I hope to be a Leopard tech and I should be in Afghanistan by next summer.

SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By SlowHands

You people are so brave, but then again I am a big softie.

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By jangofett88

I'm a C-130 crew chief in the U.S. Air Force

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai

Does being the IDF counts? By IDF I mean the Israeli Defense Force. 

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@BlackWaterCO said:
Many Liberals out there trying to make us look like killing machines....Well so what? We Kill bad guys that ultimately would overrun our country if we just sat on our thumbs."
Even though it's a comment from a year ago, I would like to comment on that, I truly don't think politics or nationality for that matter, has any place on the view of troops, because if you look at the good soldiers (there are ofcourse always a bunch of screw ups who abuse their power in horrible ways), then whether you agree with a war or not, you have to recognize what these people are doing, and that's trying to do good at risk of their own life, yes there are always 2 sides of a war, 2 stories, and sometimes it's hard to say where it's right and where it's wrong, but any person willing to fight for something they believe in, to do good, deserves the respect from others, and that's not just limited to the troops, or police officers or firemen etc, but to anyone who does this in whichever profession they hold.

Wars are started by politicians and are ended by them, they should be critized.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I'm a space marine on the moon. My profile pic is the same picture on my level 5 security clearance, which gets me anywhere on the moon, which amounts to the surface of the moon.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kashif1
@BlackWaterCO said:
" adam_grif said:
"No. I don't have any place in this thread, but I felt obliged to join in on the discussions anyway.

"
glad to see you respect the men and women servingToo Many Liberals out there trying to make us look like killing machines....Well so what? We Kill bad guys that ultimately would overrun our country if we just sat on our thumbs. Thanks Man. To quote a Marine Sniper...News Woman: What do you feel when you Kill people in the War?Sniper: *With a small grin* Recoil.... "
i respect the people serving in the war, i just have no respect for the diplomats who started it
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

I dunno how people in the army have time to post or play, during my service I didn't have time for any non army shit, and the earliest in the service the less free time I had. Then again, I guess it's different when it's just a career choice like it is for other countries, you get to go home...

@Arkthemaniac said:

" I'm a space marine on the moon. My profile pic is the same picture on my level 5 security clearance, which gets me anywhere on the moon, which amounts to the surface of the moon. "
Envy...
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I was created by the military, to fight the beardlings from Russia who planned on causing a nuclear winter. Successfully accomplishing my mission and dispatching of  The Beard Villain, the mastermind who saught out to turn Good Ol' America into a winterized play ground, I was set free to roam the states and take on more petty crimes such as burglary and jay-walking.

Does this count?

AngryKraut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AngryKraut
@Al3xand3r:@Al3xand3r said:
" I dunno how people in the army have time to post or play, during my service I didn't have time for any non army shit, and the earliest in the service the less free time I had. Then again, I guess it's different when it's just a career choice like it is for other countries, you get to go home...

What army did you serve in? I go to work from 7:30-4 like any civi...same goes for the infantry.
Of course we have EXs, or tours that last for months, but a solider needs a routine, and down time like any other human.
ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ieatlions

i have extensive military experience

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Al3xand3r
@AngryKraut said:
"@Al3xand3r said:
" I dunno how people in the army have time to post or play, during my service I didn't have time for any non army shit, and the earliest in the service the less free time I had. Then again, I guess it's different when it's just a career choice like it is for other countries, you get to go home...

What army did you serve in? I go to work from 7:30-4 like any civi...same goes for the infantry. Of course we have EXs, or tours that last for months, but a solider needs a routine, and down time like any other human.. "
Just spent a year in the Hellenic Force in Cyprus, my country has a draft system and such, though it's phased out and I'm of the final generations to experience it. I can't say I feel blessed, hah. I don't regret the experience or anything but I can't say I wish my kids would get to or something.
Masfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Masfo

I have done my duty in army. Now just waiting for the enemy to show up. Finnish Defence Forces here.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FrankCanada97

I feel honoured to be in the presence of the brave soldiers serving their nation.

badgerT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By badgerT

@BlackWaterCO said:

"adam_grif said:

"
glad to see you respect the men and women servingToo Many Liberals out there trying to make us look like killing machines....Well so what? We Kill bad guys that ultimately would overrun our country if we just sat on our thumbs. Thanks Man. To quote a Marine Sniper...News Woman: What do you feel when you Kill people in the War?Sniper: *With a small grin* Recoil.... "

BlackWater, I strongly oppose this comment.  Liberals aren't out to get military personnel, though many are overly critical of people who are doing difficult jobs they lack the courage to do.  But there are plenty of conservatives like Bill O'Reilly who "support" the troops but lie that they would do the jobs they support other troops to do.  (Bill O'Reilly claimed he would give his life to take Fallujah, that is complete and utter ****).    And what is up with your name?  Do you want to join a PMC group who toss grenades at civillians?  I'm not disagreeing with you that the men and women serving our country are heroes.  My father's side of the family has a strong martial tradition in the USMC and Navy and I hope to continue that.  I'm just saying thinking that killing people is "cool", like your quote about the Marine sniper, is just sick.  My grandfather was in charge of a weapons platoon in Hue and Danang and hearing from him there is nothing "fun" about killing.  I hope your experience in the Marines matures you in that respect.

AngryKraut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AngryKraut
@Al3xand3r said:
" @AngryKraut said:
"@Al3xand3r said:

What army did you serve in? I go to work from 7:30-4 like any civi...same goes for the infantry. Of course we have EXs, or tours that last for months, but a solider needs a routine, and down time like any other human.. "
Just spent a year in the Hellenic Force in Cyprus, my country has a draft system and such, though it's phased out and I'm of the final generations to experience it. I can't say I feel blessed, hah. I don't regret the experience or anything but I can't say I wish my kids would get to or something. "
Oh ok that makes more sense. One year of being forced into the army, is a lot different than years of volunteer service.
Well I'm glad to hear that your country is getting rid of the draft =)
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@AngryKraut said:
" @Al3xand3r said:
" @AngryKraut said:
"@Al3xand3r said:

Just spent a year in the Hellenic Force in Cyprus, my country has a draft system and such, though it's phased out and I'm of the final generations to experience it. I can't say I feel blessed, hah. I don't regret the experience or anything but I can't say I wish my kids would get to or something. "
Oh ok that makes more sense. One year of being forced into the army, is a lot different than years of volunteer service.Well I'm glad to hear that your country is getting rid of the draft =) "
WHY THE FUCK IS IT SENDING ME PMS ABOUT THIS EXCHANGE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By gingertastic_10

I'm not. But everyone who is. You have my respect.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By Claude
@gingertastic_10 said:
" I'm not. But everyone who is. You have my respect. "
Straight up... I'm a veteran of the US Navy. If you serve or have served, no matter what country, what branch... I salute you. Servitude is a great sacrifice, but one that is greatly appreciated.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Al3xand3r
@AngryKraut said:
" @Al3xand3r said:
" @AngryKraut said:
"@Al3xand3r said:

Oh ok that makes more sense. One year of being forced into the army, is a lot different than years of volunteer service.Well I'm glad to hear that your country is getting rid of the draft =) "
Hey, we're on duty 24/7 at that point so it's liek it's 3 years of 8/7 instead!!!1! Ok we do sleep. Sometimes. But there's no going home for that :(
karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By karneh

I was in the Army. Just like both of my grandfathers in WW2, and my great-uncle in the Navy.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShadowKing7

I ship out for Navy boot camp on August 24, so I guess I count.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ish
@Karn said:
" I was in the Army. Just like both of my grandfathers in WW2, and my great-uncle in the Navy. "
That must have been an interesting conversation.

"We're both joining the army. What about you?"

"I'm joining the navy."

"Crackerjack pussy"
Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combat medics representing.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By c1337us

Closest I ever came was being an Army Cadet in high school.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TwoOneFive

USAF CCT