Are these good choices?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

So quarter 3 just ended for school, and I should be getting my report card soon. My ever so generous mother said that if I get all A's and B's, I can have two games. I've decided upon Resident Evil 5 and Bioshock. Are these good choices? I want RE5 just because it looks really cool, and I want Bioshock because I have literally always wanted it.

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Scorched

Yeah great games

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

Those are excellent choices. Enjoy them...and I am surprised you haven't gotten around to Bioshock yet. It is flipping amazing.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

Good choices. Have fun and don't screw your grades up.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Lies

Bioshock yes, RE5 no.

Personal taste, of course, but I didn't at all care for RE5

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax
RHCPfan24 said:
"Those are excellent choices. Enjoy them...and I am surprised you haven't gotten around to Bioshock yet. It is flipping amazing."
Yeah, I am too. I just haven't had the money, and when I have, I've spent it on other games. Also, thanks to the most recent issue of Game Informer, the ending to the game was spoiled for me. :\
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Lies
natetodamax said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Those are excellent choices. Enjoy them...and I am surprised you haven't gotten around to Bioshock yet. It is flipping amazing."
Yeah, I am too. I just haven't had the money, and when I have, I've spent it on other games. Also, thanks to the most recent issue of Game Informer, the ending to the game was spoiled for me. :\"
Yeah the ending of the game is terrible. Not much of a loss there. It's more the journey of Bioshock that's so great.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Karmum

Wish I had that kind of parents, then again, my parents expect me to get As and Bs. Perhaps I should make a bet to get all As in every class, all year! Hell, I almost did it for 1/4 of the year!

Seriously, I have only played one of those games, and it was Bioshock. Great fucking game.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
Lies said:
"natetodamax said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
Yeah, I am too. I just haven't had the money, and when I have, I've spent it on other games. Also, thanks to the most recent issue of Game Informer, the ending to the game was spoiled for me. :\"
Yeah the ending of the game is terrible. Not much of a loss there. It's more the journey of Bioshock that's so great."
I agree. As long as the middle part wasn't spoiled, you should like the story.
ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ltcoljaxson
Lies said:
"Bioshock yes, RE5 no.Personal taste, of course, but I didn't at all care for RE5"
I agree with you.

But there is just one main thing they could have changed and it would have made RE5 playable for me. If they allowed custom controls, then the game would be fine. As it is, I don't like it...

It strayed so much from what the other games were like, it could have had choices for better control schemes too.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Short answer, yes.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Wolverine

There both great games but if you want to get the most out of your mother's generous offer get two $60 games. Bioshock is only $20 so you could always buy that with your own money.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By TheGreatGuero
natetodamax said:
"So quarter 3 just ended for school, and I should be getting my report card soon. My ever so generous mother said that if I get all A's and B's, I can have two games. I've decided upon Resident Evil 5 and Bioshock. Are these good choices? I want RE5 just because it looks really cool, and I want Bioshock because I have literally always wanted it."
If you can get any 2 games, I'd go with some games that are still full price, man. Bioshock's only $20 now. If she's offering, might as well take advantage of it and get 2 $60 games. It's up to you, though. It's understandable if you don't want to make your mom pay that much. Anyway, Bioshock is a great game. I still gotta try RE5.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By teh_destroyer

Both are well done and worth a play through,enjoy them if you get them.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By KaosAngel

Buy the FFXIII demo for 6000en, and you get a free copy of Advent Children on BD.  I'll be picking it up day 1...already got it reserved from my favorite tradershop!