• 104 results
#1 Posted by MrJorOwe (282 posts) -

#2 Edited by Cirdain (2997 posts) -
#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36087 posts) -

I'm a complete introvert.

#4 Posted by MrJorOwe (282 posts) -

I'm curious, which one do you see yourself as?

I'd say i'm more an Introvert, spending time alone and whatnot. I would hazard a guess that the majority on here would also be Introverts.

#5 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

a bit of both

#6 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

What do you think? This is on a forum within a gaming site...

#7 Edited by MrJorOwe (282 posts) -

@Cirdain said:

Both so I chose C.

I probably should have said which one do you see yourself more as, would have made more sense.

Reading even the wikipedia article on introversion it is unreal how closely it describes me. It does not mean i don't like social contact in moderation, which a lot of people mistakenly think.

#8 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Introvert, doubt about it.

#9 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

As of me writing this, everyone chose either introvert or C, no one chose extrovert. It's a gaming site after all...

#10 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

Both, but my introvert side is stronger.

#11 Posted by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -
This is the face I make when people try to talk with me. What does that tell you? I sometimes feel uneasy when talking to people is what it should tell you.
#12 Posted by PassiveKaerenai (326 posts) -

Introvert. I wonder, is it the cause or result of being a gamer?

#13 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

60% extro 40% intro

#14 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

C

I'm a 'middle'-vert.

#15 Posted by Moreau_MD (402 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

This is the face I make when people try to talk with me. What does that tell you? I sometimes feel uneasy when talking to people is what it should tell you.

I've seen your face over 5 times in the last three seconds of browsing now, no joke. Are you hijacking the Bomb with your look of bemused surprise? Seriously, it's getting practically like 1984's BB up in here.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I mean... we're on a gaming forum.

#17 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

@Moreau_MD said:

@pyromagnestir said:

I've seen your face over 5 times in the last three seconds of browsing now, no joke. Are you hijacking the Bomb with your look of bemused surprise? Seriously, it's getting practically like 1984's BB up in here.

Oh no, his evil plan is to take over GB!

#18 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

I'm going to guess most people here are.

@PassiveKaerenai said:

Introvert. I wonder, is it the cause or result of being a gamer?

I say result. I was never an outgoing person before I was a big video game fan.

#19 Posted by believer258 (11680 posts) -

When I started college, we had to take that Myers-Brigg personality test for a class. I knew my introvert score would be high, but it was 89%! Which is nuts. I do like being alone, and unlike most people I don't get depressed if I spend an entire day or few days with very little human interaction. In fact, I sometimes enjoy that, especially at semester's end.

Still, I was surprised it was so high because I generally don't have a problem talking to people and I do enjoy working with others toward a greater goal, provided of course that the others are people that I know and like and the goal is something I deem worthy or interesting.

At the end of the day, though, we've all got a little bit of each of them in us.

#20 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Definitely an introvert. I don't dislike social situations or anything, but I need time alone to recharge and relax.

#21 Edited by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@pyromagnestir said:

Nah, I'm just being dumb again. I need to let out the dumb somehow, else it builds inside me and comes out at inappropriate moments. Sorry.

And what's 1984's BB?

#22 Posted by Cirdain (2997 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@pyromagnestir said:

Nah, I'm just being dumb again. I need to let out the dumb somehow, else it builds inside me and comes out at inappropriate moments. Sorry.

And what's 1984's BB?

Oh wow........ Here you go

#23 Posted by MrJorOwe (282 posts) -

@SpikeSpiegel said:

Definitely an introvert. I don't dislike social situations or anything, but I need time alone to recharge and relax.

This. Too many people seem to think being an introvert means you never go in to public, never talk to people and such.

#24 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@pyromagnestir said:

And what's 1984's BB?

I don't have a problem with it. But that hijacking accusation is ridiculous.

1984's Big Brother

#25 Posted by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

@Cirdain said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@pyromagnestir said:

And what's 1984's BB?

Oh wow........ Here you go

Huh, that was neat. And oh! Right. Duh.

#26 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

An introvert, and happy with it. Keeps me out of trouble sometimes, not going to do stupid shit with my friends, but when I am with them (which is not uncommon) I'm the one people know to rely on. Plus, I know I enjoy hanging out with people, I just keep it to a small number of people.

There's nothing wrong with being introverted, and it really just means that you behave in a different way to others, just like every other personality factor ever. It's only when it gets extreme, like actively disliking any social contact or becoming a hikikomori, that perhaps you need to look at what you're doing.

#27 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

Introvert most of my life. Then college and LARP happened. Back at college I spent most of my time outside my dorm with my friends. Apparently it was the same with my girlfriend, who I met through that group of friends.

At home, though, I'm the same old hermit crab.

#28 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Definitely introvert, which is what lead me to online forums and vidja games. I do have friends and enjoy doing things with them, but being in large social situations with people I don't/barely know for an extended period makes me literally sleepy.

#29 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Introvert.

#30 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

yes

#31 Posted by Poppy_Persona (150 posts) -

Intro' for life!!

#32 Posted by InfiniteSpark (296 posts) -

Though I can hang and talk with friends, I consider myself more introverted. I prefer to do most things on my own.

#33 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

C. I'm an ambivert.

#34 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Oh man, I clicked "A" when I meant "B". 

I used to introverted, but I came out of my shell. I'm hell on wheels now. Head held high and talk to anyone.

#35 Posted by kogasu (148 posts) -

@SpikeSpiegel said:

Exactly!! This

#36 Posted by Rohok (554 posts) -

Usually smarter people are introverts. I've got extrovert friends and they tire me out. I feel exhausted and just get tired of it. Introverts know when the right time for certain behaviors are and know how to behave and when to stop, shut up, and sit down. Extroverts just don't. You can be an introvert and still be social and outgoing, it just means you'd rather keep your bullshit to yourself than talk your friends' ears off with crap they don't care about.

#37 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Extremely introverted.

#38 Posted by gamefreak9 (2345 posts) -

extrovert, I have pretty much 0 interest in my own life and am very to the point no bs approach.

#39 Posted by mlarrabee (2888 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver said:

What do you think? This is on a forum within a gaming site...

Ha! So true...

#40 Posted by freakin9 (1102 posts) -

I'm an introvert that tries to hide his introvertness.

People definitely need to learn to not make their home such a comfort zone.

#41 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (832 posts) -

Definitely an introvert.

#42 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -

I don't mind being alone for periods of time but I definitely prefer doing things with other people. So I guess C?

#43 Posted by Stete (725 posts) -
#44 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Rohok said:

Usually smarter people are introverts. I've got extrovert friends and they tire me out. I feel exhausted and just get tired of it. Introverts know when the right time for certain behaviors are and know how to behave and when to stop, shut up, and sit down. Extroverts just don't. You can be an introvert and still be social and outgoing, it just means you'd rather keep your bullshit to yourself than talk your friends' ears off with crap they don't care about.

That's a good point. I'm a good listener and know when to shut it down. Unless I'm drunk as shit, but that's a whole other ball of wax.
#45 Posted by BadOrcLDR (178 posts) -

Extrovert.

I have self-control, though. I don't have to be around others constantly, but I find myself more attracted to social situations. It's been a recent change, though. Ever since I started attending college I've become far more expressive. Easier when you see how different people are and how you don't need to censor yourself or your behavior.

#46 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I try to not be an introvert with all my power but I just feel like there's a black hole in my gut sucking all the energy out of my muscles and brain after being around people for a while. And then I start thinking of my bed.

#47 Posted by SMTDante89 (2550 posts) -

Introvert, but I'm getting better at going out and meeting new people.

#48 Posted by SamFo (1520 posts) -
#49 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6388 posts) -

I really try not to be sometimes, but I am definitely an extrovert. I cannot help but want to engage people in dialogue, whether it be heated disagreements or a discussion of our favorite films or just fucking about telling jokes. I am a natural extrovert and I don't know whether that is a good or bad thing yet.

#50 Posted by Slag (4071 posts) -

I'm definitely an introvert. Over the years I have developed extroversion skills and can fake it pretty well, but by the end of the work day I'm done with people and just want my "me time". Given the choice I'd rather be by myself or with just one person. On my days off I'll usually spend it that way. Don't enjoy parties and large gatherings for too long, they wear me out.

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I am a natural extrovert and I don't know whether that is a good or bad thing yet.

It's a good thing trust me, success in life is largely reliant on who you know and how they feel about you. If you are very extroverted that almost always works in your favor building up social capital. In times of trouble you'll be glad you have that.