Are you guy for or against same-sex marriage?

Solid_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Solid_Snake

Otacon you, are the love of my life.   How awkward does that sound.  But ALas i am for it

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By DARKIDO07
Crushmaster said:
"
I am completely against it. Homosexuality is sinful, immoral, and unnatural, and is condemned in the Bible."
If God hates homosexuals why did he create them? Also if church was truly separate from state, there would be no restrictions on homosexual marriage. Homosexuality isn't a choice for a lot of people, its who they are. Sure for some its a sexual preference, but to say that Homosexuality is immoral and sinful, is the equivalent to saying black people are sinful because they are black, which isn't the case. You can't hate someone for how they were born, and its wrong to.
Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By Just_Insane

Yeah...we're in the freaking 21st century, lets get this over with and move on to the next debate

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Crushmaster
DARKIDO07 said:
"Crushmaster said:
"
I am completely against it. Homosexuality is sinful, immoral, and unnatural, and is condemned in the Bible."
If God hates homosexuals why did he create them? Also if church was truly separate from state, there would be no restrictions on homosexual marriage. Homosexuality isn't a choice for a lot of people, its who they are. Sure for some its a sexual preference, but to say that Homosexuality is immoral and sinful, is the equivalent to saying black people are sinful because they are black, which isn't the case. You can't hate someone for how they were born, and its wrong to.
"

...No, homosexuality is a choice, as any other sin is a choice. You are not "naturally" a homosexual.
Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Just_Insane
Crushmaster said:
"DARKIDO07 said:
"Crushmaster said:
"
"

...No, homosexuality is a choice, as any other sin is a choice. You are not "naturally" a homosexual."
so me thinking a guy is "attractive" when I was 7 means it was a choice? I didnt even know what gay even MEANT til I was like 12 because I thought it meant stupid the ways it is used when ur in grade school...
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Crushmaster
Just_Insane said:
"Yeah...we're in the freaking 21st century, lets get this over with and move on to the next debate"

Aye. It is the 21st century. And what's right is usually not popular, in this case and in many others.
Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Just_Insane
Crushmaster said:
"Just_Insane said:
"Yeah...we're in the freaking 21st century, lets get this over with and move on to the next debate"

Aye. It is the 21st century. And what's right is usually not popular, in this case and in many others."
no....its YOUR opinion of right and wrong...not mine....its not like im having sex every weekend like many other people i know my age...so dont tell me im wrong
GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By GiantGUS
Just_Insane said:
"Crushmaster said:
"Just_Insane said:

Aye. It is the 21st century. And what's right is usually not popular, in this case and in many others."
no....its YOUR opinion of right and wrong...not mine....its not like im having sex every weekend like many other people i know my age...so dont tell me im wrong"
And Crushmaster's opinion of right and wrong comes from a warped reading of weird-ass old book that he believes is real because someone else said so and his opinion of a virtue is to believe something for no reason at all, even when all evidence and studies contradict his view.
Avatar image for ultimate_pwr_rngr
Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Threads like these made GS go to hell.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By epic_pets

Im against, cause the bible is against it.

Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Rex
SolemnOaf said:
"Rex said:
"SolemnOaf said:
"Rex said:
"Considering marriage pre-existed religion, I find it ridiculous how religion can dictate this practice based on someone's sexual orientation. If religion is completely taken out of the equation though, I can see no reason why anyone would be against same-sex marriage. I'm not against it, that's for sure.
"

I demand proof of this pre-existance. 
Marriage has been around since Ancient Greek and Roman times. "
Yes, but it was part of religious ceremony.  Hence the ring symbolizing the ring of Saturn, marriage (as we know it) was initally a ceremony that was celebrated by worshippers of Saturnalia."

The problem I see is that historians agree that marriage has existed before recorded history. I imagine unions of some kind must have taken place prior to religion for social stability. I was under the impression that marriage had been more of a business arrangement in Ancient Greece and Rome, not particularly interested in romance or religion for that matter.

But ultimately, marriage did pre-exist Christianity, which dictates much of who can marry in today's world, as well as the other prominent religions of today. Same-sex unions were taking place as early as history has been recorded.
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Happy_Cloud

Ooh! We're taking on the big ethical issues already! (I'm all for same-sex marriage)

When will the abortion debate start I wonder? Not soon enough!

Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Darth_Tyrev

For it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because marriage itself is meaningless, I don't see why it makes a difference who you marry. As long as it doesn't harm anyone else, you should be able to do whatever the fuck you want in this country. My Libertarian is showing.

I feel like anyone who's against it is just trying to over-compensate.

Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Happy_Cloud

Crushmaster said:
"

But isn't that a bit unfair? I mean, homosexuals aren't homosexual by choice. Shouldn't they have a right to be with who they want to be with instead of having to deny themselves that to fit with what some book says they should be? What kind of God would make a person a certain way and not allow them to be that way when other people he makes (straight people) do have that right?

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By Jonathan

Anyone who is against it does not believe in equal human rights for all. I'm not trying to upset other people or minimize their beliefs, but that's just how I feel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crushmaster said:
"
If it's unnatural, why does it occur in nature? You're a moron.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By atejas

I smell GSBS

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#119  Edited By BigBoss1911

ugh...not these topics already.We already had 1,000 if these over Gamespot.

Im against it i guess....I dont know.

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By iamsickofspam

I'm not so emotionally inadequate in my own life to care what any other consent age adults do, straight marriage, gay marriage, abortion, BDSM, tattoos piercings, drug and alcohol intake, its none of my business until it becomes my business. I might laugh and make jokes about these issues, but if the people involved are happy, or its a choice, i have no issue with it, and even if i did have issue with it, it wouldn't be my problem unless it affected me directly, yeah that's really cynical but whatever.

One thing i can say, even though i have gay friends, i find really overtly queeny and over the top gay men and masuculine lesbians annoy me, but no more so than overly straight people, especially guys, you know the type, yeah ive just killed a small furry animal its time for a beer and some football, and i banged 20 chicks last week.

So to answer the question, im a guy, im straight and i have no problem with same sex marriage, infact i think its a social right in a free and civilized world.

nezze00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121  Edited By nezze00

Let people have it, who cares?

McDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By McDazzle
Jonathan said:
"Anyone who is against it does not believe in equal human rights for all. I'm not trying to upset other people or minimize their beliefs, but that's just how I feel.
"
Exactly,As far as I know homosexuals are human and deserve the right to marry
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By lettuceman44
MadExponent said:
"Penises go into vaginas for reproduction and thats the point...thats pretty much how I feel."
Haha pretty much.
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By Omega

Some Christians protest gay weddings, I think it would be fun if gay people protested Christian weddings. Now that's equality.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By atejas
Omega said:
"Some Christians protest gay weddings, I think it would be fun if gay people protested Christian weddings. Now that's equality.
"

That quote makes me wish this site had sigs..
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Happy_Cloud
Omega said:
"Some Christians protest gay weddings, I think it would be fun if gay people protested Christian weddings. Now that's equality.
"
You should be knighted for that idea. I declare you the best person I've ever met.
BulletPulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By BulletPulse
RedShirt said:
"I don't care either way
"

Lairdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Lairdo

I have no problems with gays or lesbians but I am against them getting married for some reason.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By bennyboy
Lairdo said:
"I have no problems with gays or lesbians but I am against them getting married for some reason.
"
Way to contradict yourself.
crabninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#130  Edited By crabninja

I have no problem with same sex marriage. But what about same sex couples adopting?
I also have no problem with that.

Flexiable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Flexiable

I'm for it but a lot of gay people actually don't want to get married because marriage is a staple of the religion that oppresses them - Christianity.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Hulk

Hulk think anyone stupid enough to get married deserve the headache.  Hulk too smart to let Hulk girlfriend tie Hulk down.

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By sizu

I have no problem at all with same sex marriage.  Why should I? 

If I was a betting man I would bet that most of the No people i here are mostly kids trying to be as cool as cucumber.  The type of twat who calls someone a FAG on Halo 3.  The rest being small minded self-righteous fools.

Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Azimio

Anyone who is against is a cocksucking cunt faggot.

JibaaJabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#135  Edited By JibaaJabba

I say let them be as miserably as the rest of us.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By bennyboy
Azimio said:
"Anyone who is against is a cocksucking cunt faggot.
"
i c wut u did thar
Avatar image for deactivated-63a7746b2b8af
deactivated-63a7746b2b8af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I think if you don't support gay marraige, you just shouldn't have one.

FoxHoleDelta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By FoxHoleDelta

Nobody find it worth mentioning about any kids that may come into this equation at some point?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By atejas
FoxHoleDelta said:
"Nobody find it worth mentioning about any kids that may come into this equation at some point?
"

What about kids? I dont see a problem with adoption
Lelouch_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Lelouch_0

Everyone has their own views and beliefs, so I don't see why anybody from the same gender couldn't be together.

And don't come off with the ''oh, but what about the kids!'' routine. If the kids are smart enough to believe in what they wish, and not simply what they witness, it should be fine.

FoxHoleDelta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By FoxHoleDelta
atejas said:
"FoxHoleDelta said:
"Nobody find it worth mentioning about any kids that may come into this equation at some point?
"

What about kids? I dont see a problem with adoption"

It's not about having kids, but what if this child is not chosen to be gay by nature like its parents, how unfair would it be for the child having boths parents of the same sex?
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Hamz

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By atejas
FoxHoleDelta said:
"atejas said:
"FoxHoleDelta said:
"

It's not about having kids, but what if this child is not chosen to be gay by nature like its parents, how unfair would it be for the child having boths parents of the same sex?
"

I actually thought of the exact same thing, but then I realised, homosexuals are hardly likely to opress other people's sexuality, whatever it may be.
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Jonathan
FoxHoleDelta said:
"atejas said:
"FoxHoleDelta said:
"

"
How so? My father's penis didn't raise me. My mother's ovaries didn't raise me. Why does it matter? I had support and love from my parents and that's all that matters.
Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Timma1083

I don't really care. Whatever they wanna do is fine by me

Gr1mace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Gr1mace

All for it. Not like two dudes next door getting married is going to effect me, or anyone else, in any way.

FoxHoleDelta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By FoxHoleDelta
Jonathan said:
"FoxHoleDelta said:
"atejas said:
"FoxHoleDelta said:
"

"
How so? My father's penis didn't raise me. My mother's ovaries didn't raise me. Why does it matter? I had support and love from my parents and that's all that matters.
"

You're right.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Crushmaster
Happy_Cloud said:
"
Crushmaster said:
"

But isn't that a bit unfair? I mean, homosexuals aren't homosexual by choice. Shouldn't they have a right to be with who they want to be with instead of having to deny themselves that to fit with what some book says they should be? What kind of God would make a person a certain way and not allow them to be that way when other people he makes (straight people) do have that right?

"
No, it is not "unfair". It, like murder, theft, greed, or any other sin is a choice.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Crushmaster
Jonathan said:
"Anyone who is against it does not believe in equal human rights for all. I'm not trying to upset other people or minimize their beliefs, but that's just how I feel.
"

That's an interesting thought.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By atejas
Crushmaster said:
"Happy_Cloud said:
"
Crushmaster said:
"

"
No, it is not "unfair". It, like murder, theft, greed, or any other sin is a choice.
"

and what makes it a 'sin'? It is two consenting adults expressing their love for each other.
lern2victimless crime.