Are you guy for or against same-sex marriage?

Ysy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#251  Edited By Ysy
thematt9 said:
"Let's use the example I stated before. If the media chooses to cover ground breaking rulings toward equality and rights of cousin couples, wouldn't that make more people consider if they like their cousins, thus creating more cousin couples? btw read the previous comment
"
I doubt it would "make people consider" liking their cousins more, but it'd take pressure off of already closeted feelings. 

(Also, I replied to your other post in my previous one as to not double post.)
thematt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By thematt9

Yeah genetic issues are more common among direct relatives, but with first cousins, the risk of genetic problems goes up about 2%. And that shouldn't even matter since reproduction isn't a factor in marriage like everyone has been saying. Gay people can't make babies and cousins can avoid reproduction. Both are going against nature and both have a small possibility of causing problems.

Ysy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Ysy
thematt9 said:
"Yeah genetic issues are more common among direct relatives, but with first cousins, the risk of genetic problems goes up about 2%. And that shouldn't even matter since reproduction isn't a factor in marriage like everyone has been saying. Gay people can't make babies and cousins can avoid reproduction. Both are going against nature and both have a small possibility of causing problems.
"
I know the percentage is low, but I do believe the percentage grows quite quick if it becomes frequent in a bloodline (though the likelihood of something like that happening is low). 

And how does being gay cause problems?  Are you speaking genetically?  Because, as you mentioned before, by principle they cannot let their genes mingle with one another. 
thematt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By thematt9

Not genetic problems, health problems from sexual activities. Not all gay people have AIDs, but the rate of STDs among gay people is higher.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#255  Edited By Omega
Jonathan said:
"thematt9 said:
"Can somebody explain to me why marrying your cousin is illegal, but gay marriage is not (or gradually becoming legal). I'm not pro-incest or anything, but I honestly don't see the difference. Have you noticed the sudden growth of gay people in America? Why don't you see this trend in third world countries? It almost seems like society/media is encouraging gay behavior and confusing more people than before. If movies and tv shows started showing that loving your cousin is okay, then I'm pretty sure more people would start liking their cousins. Another question to think about is why aren't we attracted to our siblings? Isn't it good to know the person you're going to marry? And who do we know better than our brothers and sisters? I don't hate gay people or anything, but if we start allowing gay marriage, shouldn't we allow relative marriage, animal marriage, etc.? If a girl truly loves her uncle, who are we to stop them from loving...right? As long as it doesn't affect you.
"
There isn't a growth in Gay people, it's just that more people are coming out of the closet now that it's safe. And it is illegal to be a homosexual in some countries, that's why people don't come out. There were a couple of young gay men that were hung in Iran for that reason.

There is a long history of recorded gay relationships in Ancient Greece and other eras. Gay people always existed.
"
Here's a fun fact:

In Texas it was illegal to be gay, or at least be involved in gay sex, until 2003. Google the case of Lawrence v. Texas you'll think it was a case from 1940's or something.

thematt9 said:
"Yeah genetic issues are more common among direct relatives, but with first cousins, the risk of genetic problems goes up about 2%. And that shouldn't even matter since reproduction isn't a factor in marriage like everyone has been saying. Gay people can't make babies and cousins can avoid reproduction. Both are going against nature and both have a small possibility of causing genetic abnormalities.
"
The thing is the majority defines the norm. 100 years ago the majority of people felt homosexuality was wrong, so gays were hated, and considered evil. Hundreds of years ago it was ok to have sex with children in greece, as well as Incest. 50 years ago racism was normal. It was the norm because the majority felt it was ok. Now we have a new shift in the norm. Problem is people like you stayed where you are but the boundry line shifted. Not only is there evolution in biology. There is evolution in civilization. An ever moving zeitgiest in which we must evolve and conform, or we are left in the dust to conplain and spit venom. The problem is things like religion tend to try and keep the line stationary. It disrupts the natural evolution of society and we get conflict.

What I'm saying is that now what is right is open mindedness, civil rights, gays, and open sexual expression. And what is wrong is bestiality, incest, murder, pedophilia. But what is wrong today may not be wrong tomorrow. And while we think its wrong now. And believe me  bestiality, incest, murder, pedophilia are most definitely wrong, might not be concidered wrong in 50 years. But the funny thing is if the zeitgiest changes in that way I'll be on some forum in your position railing against pro beastiality people.

So theMatt9, and the rest of you like him. Believe what you want to believe, your just a small part of a larger society and whether you like it or not it WILL change.

piecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#256  Edited By piecat

I have no problem with it at all. Its only fair if they are allowed to get married.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Gizmo
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Only for attractive gays."
Agreed.
thematt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By thematt9

Interesting... So we just follow the flow. I suppose if you were starving in North Korea, you would tell people "it's okay! our government is currently right by oppressing us, but it will be wrong in the future."

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Omega
thematt9 said:
"Interesting... So we just follow the flow. I suppose if you were starving in North Korea, you would tell people "it's okay! our government is currently right by oppressing us, but it will be wrong in the future."
"

No because the majority thinks starving is wrong, because then they'd die. But its ok your close with the go with the flow thing, try again. :)
thematt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By thematt9

alright give me a second chance. So while severe racism was taking place, you would've said "its okay because this is the norm." How can racism ever be okay? Just because everyones doing it? Think about what you're saying. Everyone does drugs so it must be alright. If only people like you existed, there would be no change. We would leave it up to everyone else to figure out what's right. You're suggesting that you have no opinions on any matter. I guess that's the perfect world

Moomoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Moomoo

Im totally for the whole same sex marriage thing....well about as much as I'm for "regular" marriage which admittedly isn't very much but hey who am I to stop crazy cats who are in love.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Omega
thematt9 said:
"alright give me a second chance. So while severe racism was taking place, you would've said "its okay because this is the norm." How can racism ever be okay? Just because everyones doing it? Think about what you're saying. Everyone does drugs so it must be alright.
"
No, I wouldn't have said this is ok this is the norm. I would have been too busy saying hatful things to a minority. See the point your not getting is that it isn't time travel, your not going back in time and keeping your 2008 values. Its that you grew up during that time and your acustomed to it. You may or may not be racist then like you may or may not be racist now, just there would be a bigger chance of being a racist. Like now, there is a bigger chance of being accepting of gays, than to not be. The point I'm desparately trying to make to you is that the values of today are not the likely to be the values of tomorrow. Just because you think its wrong now doesnt mean you would have if you were alive in a different time, or a different place. Morality is all relative. If you and I were alive 60 years ago we both would likely be racist, 300 years ago think slavery is ok. Its a dice roll really, where the odds are defined by the era, and our environment.

Note: I'm not racist.

Wesley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#263  Edited By Wesley

I don't have anything against it but I don't see why its even an issue. What would getting married change for a homosexual couple anyway? Nothing.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By calf_exercises

I truely dont see a good reason why two people who love each other cant get married. Its not like they are making marige meen anything less, especially considering that 1/3 of mariges end in divorce.
Let people be happy for crying out loud

Abunai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Abunai

For it, they should be allowed to if they're in love etc etc.

thematt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By thematt9

What is your stance on abortion

thematt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By thematt9

The only reason you are for gay marriage is because the majority is leaning toward that direction. I'm guessing you have a lot of faith in society and where it's headed. I asked about abortion because the argument is split in half and I was curious to see which side you were on or if you were just waiting for others to decide. If tomorrow the world starts believing that murder is okay, you won't have any disagreements. I'm going to sleep

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Omega
thematt9 said:
"What is your stance on abortion
"
Need one? I'm available. J/K

But seriously, I'm ok with it. Until it starts kicking and/or screaming its just a mass of cells in a woman's womb. I'm also for stem cell research. Might as well help someone in need, then just be tossed in the garbage.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my careless joking and trivializing of the issue.
thematt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By thematt9

alright one last question. If everyone agrees that abortion should be illegal, would you speak up against it?

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Omega
thematt9 said:
"alright one last question. If everyone agrees that abortion should be illegal, would you speak up against it?
"
Yeah, I would.
thematt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By thematt9

then you are just a small part of a larger society and whether you like it or not it WILL change. why fight it? gnight

Kaido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Kaido

Fundamentally, I think it's becoming more accepted these days.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By Omega
thematt9 said:
"then you are just a small part of a larger society and whether you like it or not it WILL change. why fight it? gnight
"
Lemme show you a quote from my earlier post.

Omega said:
thematt9 said:
"Yeah genetic issues are more common among direct relatives, but with first cousins, the risk of genetic problems goes up about 2%. And that shouldn't even matter since reproduction isn't a factor in marriage like everyone has been saying. Gay people can't make babies and cousins can avoid reproduction. Both are going against nature and both have a small possibility of causing genetic abnormalities.
"
The thing is the majority defines the norm. 100 years ago the majority of people felt homosexuality was wrong, so gays were hated, and considered evil. Hundreds of years ago it was ok to have sex with children in greece, as well as Incest. 50 years ago racism was normal. It was the norm because the majority felt it was ok. Now we have a new shift in the norm. Problem is people like you stayed where you are but the boundry line shifted. Not only is there evolution in biology. There is evolution in civilization. An ever moving zeitgiest in which we must evolve and conform, or we are left in the dust to conplain and spit venom. The problem is things like religion tend to try and keep the line stationary. It disrupts the natural evolution of society and we get conflict.

What I'm saying is that now what is right is open mindedness, civil rights, gays, and open sexual expression. And what is wrong is bestiality, incest, murder, pedophilia. But what is wrong today may not be wrong tomorrow. And while we think its wrong now. And believe me  bestiality, incest, murder, pedophilia are most definitely wrong, might not be concidered wrong in 50 years. But the funny thing is if the zeitgiest changes in that way I'll be on some forum in your position railing against pro beastiality people.

So theMatt9, and the rest of you like him. Believe what you want to believe, your just a small part of a larger society and whether you like it or not it WILL change.
 "
So if you read the highlighted part here you'll see that I've already said that while things will change you and I will likely stay the same. In the future if abortion is concidered wrong by the majority and the zeitgiest shifts that way, then I will be in your position on some forum somewhere in favor of the minority view. The whole point of this lesson, and it is a lesson, is that even on the opposite sides of a social view we are still the same, we are still people who should be respected no matter what we feel is right or wrong. And that its not right to judge someone for what they do when if it were a different time and place you might be in their position.

Just trying to give you some perspective buddy. You have a good night. Remember just because you dont agree with it doesn't mean you have the right to tell someone what to do with their lives.

Ysy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Ysy

Looks like sleep made me miss out on good times.  Omega, you explain it far better than I could have.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#275  Edited By giyanks22

I'm for it only for playboy bunnies, who make videos lol.

Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Iffy350

Religion just frankly pisses me the fuck off. Ok . . . . Let me get this straight . . . Your for war in Iraq and at the same time you are against abortion. Its okay to kill living people but not okay to kill an unborn fetus. That makes perfect sense. \/_\/

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By AaronBelfast

Against it, duh!

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Silverain

Neutral.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By Silverain
Iffy350 said:
"Religion just frankly pisses me the fuck off. Ok . . . . Let me get this straight . . . Your for war in Iraq and at the same time you are against abortion. Its okay to kill living people but not okay to kill an unborn fetus. That makes perfect sense. \/_\/
"
Where exactly does religion come into that little equation of yours?

Religious =/= pro-war.

Religious =/= pro-life.
legend_cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By legend_cloud

As long as it dosen't involve me I could hardly care.

Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Iffy350
Silverain said:
"Iffy350 said:
"Religion just frankly pisses me the fuck off. Ok . . . . Let me get this straight . . . Your for war in Iraq and at the same time you are against abortion. Its okay to kill living people but not okay to kill an unborn fetus. That makes perfect sense. \/_\/
"

Religious =/= pro-war.

Religious =/= pro-life.
"
Republicunts are prowar and antiabortion they also happen to be very "christian." America is the home of the free and the land of the ignorant.
FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By FengShuiGod
Iffy350 said:
"Silverain said:
"Iffy350 said:
"

Religious =/= pro-war.

Religious =/= pro-life.
"
Republicunts are prowar and antiabortion they also happen to be very "christian." America is the home of the free and the land of the ignorant.
"
Obama is a Democrat, and happens to be very "christian," yet is pro-choice. Can you explain how all religious people are hawks and anti-abortion fanatics?
reich_joyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#283  Edited By reich_joyce

While I personally  can't understand why gay people would want to be christian, they absolutely deserve the same civil rights as other couples.

Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Iffy350

The religious right and not the moderates or liberals. American politics sucks anyways, they should all just get chainsaws and stick it into everyone.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Silverain
Iffy350 said:
"Silverain said:
"Iffy350 said:
"

Religious =/= pro-war.

Religious =/= pro-life.
"
"
You're quite ignorant of our politics, aren't you? The vast majority of American citizens, Democrat or Republican, are religious. It's true that there are more Christians in the Republican Party, but the Democratic Party is mostly Christian as well.

Finally, there is a distinct difference between supporting war and opposing abortion, the main reason being unborn children have done nothing to deserve being killed, whereas terrorists have.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Iffy350
reich_joyce said:
"While I personally  can't understand why gay people would want to be christian, they absolutely deserve the same civil rights as other couples.
"
Thats funny. Why would African Americans want to be christian? It was these same moral Christians who owned slaves and thought god wouldn't totally be pissed off at them for that messed up crap. It was the Spanish Catholics who went over to the north west coast of africa and exchanged firearms for tribal pow's during the tribal strife that plagued certain parts of the contenent and then brought those same people to NA to be sold as property.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Silverain
Iffy350 said:
"reich_joyce said:
"While I personally  can't understand why gay people would want to be christian, they absolutely deserve the same civil rights as other couples.
"
Thats funny. Why would African Americans want to be christian? It was these same moral Christians who owned slaves and thought god wouldn't totally be pissed off at them for that messed up crap. It was the Spanish Catholics who went over to the north west coast of africa and exchanged firearms for tribal pow's during the tribal strife that plagued certain parts of the contenent and then brought those same people to NA to be sold as property.
"
Oh shit, he found out about the slaves! Ma! Get the darkies outta the cotton field!  We been found out!

The point with that? You're an ignoramus.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By Iffy350
Silverain said:
"Iffy350 said:
"Silverain said:
"Iffy350 said:
"

Religious =/= pro-war.

Religious =/= pro-life.
"
"
You're quite ignorant of our politics, aren't you? The vast majority of American citizens, Democrat or Republican, are religious. It's true that there are more Christians in the Republican Party, but the Democratic Party is mostly Christian as well.

Finally, there is a distinct difference between supporting war and opposing abortion, the main reason being unborn children have done nothing to deserve being killed, whereas terrorists have.
"
Yeah, i did support both political parties killing one another. That would be nice. Politics sucks anyways. It doesn't matter if obama or mccain are elected. Coming spring of 2009 its going to be politics as usual where nothing gets done. More political strife and month long paid holidays for the US senate for the epic win!
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Iffy350
Silverain said:
"Iffy350 said:
"reich_joyce said:
"
"
Oh shit, he found out about the slaves! Ma! Get the darkies outta the cotton field!  We been found out!

"
I don't give a flipping fuck what you say. Religion is unquantified Bull Shit! Go piss of you little anime wanker.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By Silverain

Aw, is the wittle neoatheistic anti-american anarchist mad?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#291  Edited By atejas
Iffy350 said:
"Silverain said:
"Iffy350 said:
"reich_joyce said:
"
"

"
I don't give a flipping fuck what you say. Religion is unquantified Bull Shit! Go piss of you little anime wanker.
"

whoa, whoa, watch what yyou're saying! That anime is great!
Mr_Bauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#292  Edited By Mr_Bauer
I_smell said:
"Agressively against >:(
"

Getter3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Getter3

I'm sick of hearing these right-wing douches saying they're trying to protect the sanctity of marriage. If it's something so sanctimonious, why do we have reality television shows where some bimbo is married off to whatever two dozen guys that are just trying to get laid. Also they're trying to protect "family values". I don't know how much stock anyone can put into that when the divorce rate in the U.S. is 41-50% after the first marriage.

Anyways, I say yes...let us, dammit.

Source: AboutDivorce.org

Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By Rex

Some funny videos.

Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Just_Insane

hahaha those videos were pretty funny...the first one had really good serious points and the second one just made me pee a little cause I couldnt stop laughing XD

Dairyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Dairyman

They deserve the same rights as anyone else.  I don't see the point in not allowing homosexuals to be married.  It's not as if allowing them to marry is going to cause Australia to sink or anything.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I'll admit I laughed at no gay potatoes.

Just_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By Just_Insane
Oriental_Jams said:
"I'll admit I laughed at no gay potatoes.
"
NO GAY POTATOES!!!!!! That video was hilarious......the whole apple, orange, and potato orgy was pretty......messy XD
jeivindr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By jeivindr
DARKIDO07 said:
"Crushmaster said:
"License_To_Bill said:
"Crushmaster said:
"
I am completely against it. Homosexuality is sinful, immoral, and unnatural, and is condemned in the Bible."
If it's unnatural, why does it occur in nature? You're a moron.
"
I don't know anywhere in nature it does occur.
"
Humans are apart of nature. I don't think you know how Homosexuality works do you? Something for what ever reason, changes in your brain when your developing that makes you attracted to other males, or females. Its not a choice (well as I said earlier it is if its a sexual preference but that's different.) and it certainly isn't a sin. And dare I say it, what if Jesus was homosexual? Kinda strange for a male his age not to be married back then don't you think?
"
And sport long hair AND sandals.
FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By FengShuiGod

"Crushmaster said:
"License_To_Bill said:
"Crushmaster said:
"
I am completely against it. Homosexuality is sinful, immoral, and unnatural, and is condemned in the Bible."
If it's unnatural, why does it occur in nature? You're a moron.
"
I don't know anywhere in nature it does occur.
"
Humans are apart of nature. I don't think you know how Homosexuality works do you? Something for what ever reason, changes in your brain when your developing that makes you attracted to other males, or females. Its not a choice (well as I said earlier it is if its a sexual preference but that's different.) and it certainly isn't a sin. And dare I say it, what if Jesus was homosexual? Kinda strange for a male his age not to be married back then don't you think?

Even if homosexuality is a choice, who cares? People should be free to choose whatever sexual partners they want, as long as mutual consent is present in the relationship.