BONFIRE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By grainger

Remember remember the fith of november, gunpowder treason and plot. 

it's the brittish 4th of july and it's time to get drunk, set fires and annoy the authorities.... 

whats everyone else doing?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

As much as I love bonfire's, I don't have a garden so I can't have one. So I'll be doing what I do every Thursday night - going to the pub for the quiz night.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By TheHBK

Can you explain what this holiday is about?
Is it about this?

British Independence
 British Independence
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane
@TheHBK: It's about Guy Fawkes and other's failed attempt to blow up Parliament in 1605.
grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By grainger

this bad ass mofo planne dto blow up the brittish parliment with the king still in it, his plot was subsiquently foiled, he was hung naked, had his bits cut off and burned infront of him, just before death by hanging he was taken down, strethed then forceed to sign a confession before being burned at the stake, n and from that a national holiday has sprung where each year on the 5th of november we get drunk, build gigantic fires and set off ridiculous ammounts of fireworks
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By nrain
@grainger said:
"this bad ass mofo planne dto blow up the brittish parliment with the king still in it, his plot was subsiquently foiled, he was hung naked, had his bits cut off and burned infront of him, just before death by hanging he was taken down, strethed then forceed to sign a confession before being burned at the stake, n and from that a national holiday has sprung where each year on the 5th of november we get drunk, build gigantic fires and set off ridiculous ammounts of fireworks "
You already sound drunk. 
I unfortunately will not be doing anything festive tonight :( got some maths work for tomorrow still do to. Actually i feel that guy fawkes night has been really quiet this year it may be because I moved away from home a few weeks ago into a more rural area but I haven't heard a single firework yet, but back home I'd hear them every night for a week before Nov 5 th and a few days after.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking

Well I'm in the US, but I do have a bunch of fireworks that I never used on our version of these festivities... maybe I'll light a few off.
grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By grainger
@nrain:
no im not drunk, yet. haha. and yeah been going off since bfore haloween round mine with all the charva arseholes in the area
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ineedaname

The Fith?
 You've gotten your days mixed up.

However my friends are holding their own bonfire and fireworks show, all sounds good. Till you throw into the mix they're all students, including me, and these people are more drunk than not, so basically something will go wrong eventually.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thegoldencat7

Nowt.
mobellini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By mobellini
@Ineedaname said:
" The Fith?  You've gotten your days mixed up.  However my friends are holding their own bonfire and fireworks show, all sounds good. Till you throw into the mix they're all students, including me, and these people are more drunk than not, so basically something will go wrong eventually. "
wat?
basal1sk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By basal1sk

working on the space program my cat (mr tidles) will hopefuly be the first cat on mars i just hope i don't mix up the rokets for the fountain fireworks that's how i lost my last cat (mr jingles)
SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SammydesinasNL

If anyone wants a slight indication, it's what V in V for Vendetta is talking about. I'm hearing the fireworks, but don't know if there are any places with big bonfires nearby =(
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ineedaname
@Mikesan said:
" @Ineedaname said:
" The Fith?  You've gotten your days mixed up.  However my friends are holding their own bonfire and fireworks show, all sounds good. Till you throw into the mix they're all students, including me, and these people are more drunk than not, so basically something will go wrong eventually. "
wat? "
That's me being pedantic. I'll let you guess why, it may benefit.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By flaminghobo

I don't have any fireworks going on outside my garden due to the fact we have a dog, and we'd rather not scare him. I do like keeping a warm bonfire going, I just find something really satisfying about it.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By halberdierv2

its tonight? i forgot all about it... i would make a bonfire, but my supervisor wouldnt like it...

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

Watching the nearest display from the comfort of my room whilst browsing the infinitely more interesting internet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the way I go outside and it sounds like I'm in a warzone, and the subsequent sirens going off to go and rescue the idiot's who get blasted by a firework.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By teh_destroyer

I like bonfires 0_0

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hitchenson

Why is your title written like that? Like...

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By natetodamax
@grainger said:
" this bad ass mofo planne dto blow up the brittish parliment with the king still in it, his plot was subsiquently foiled, he was hung naked, had his bits cut off and burned infront of him, just before death by hanging he was taken down, strethed then forceed to sign a confession before being burned at the stake, n and from that a national holiday has sprung where each year on the 5th of november we get drunk, build gigantic fires and set off ridiculous ammounts of fireworks "
Lucky! If we did that in the US, the cops would be at the door in seconds.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Video_Game_King

Remember, remember, the comic store vendor. For making us all associate this with some guy named V rather than the guy who tried to blow up Parliament. Seriously, which sounds more awesome?

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ahriman22

I'm in Canada, but every night can be party night. So I'll party with you.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By FLStyle
@TheHBK said:
" Can you explain what this holiday is about?
Is it about this?
 British Independence
 British Independence
"
British Independence? Who are we supposed to be independent from? We are the Empire!
grainger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By grainger
@natetodamax:
thats why we have the sense to not build a massive fire in our own garden but rather a publicly owned field with plenty of exits
mobellini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By mobellini
@FLStyle:  We were :(
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By FLStyle
@Mikesan: I'm not listening lal lal lal! :P My Bonfire Night wasn't that bad, turned out that my brother had bought some really good ones so he set them off in front of the house, was pretty impressed with them actually.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crunchUK

I went to the big local one, so i still have lots of fireworks to blow up. Still in barcelona, they just chuck them out in the street and on the beach on the 23rd of june. It's a bit terrifying actuallly and there were ambulances whizzing all over the place 0_0

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Not a whole lot here.  I was hoping to go out and take some pictures of the bonfire and fireworks, but it was raining pretty heavily.  I watched a few from my house go off, but that's about it.