Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By m1k3

Heres the Story from TMZ:

"NBC has given Conan
O'Brien the option to either do his show from midnight to 1 or leave the network, sources tell TMZ.

Conan Obrien and Jay Leno

As TMZ first reported, after the Olympics, Jay Leno
will get his 11:30 PM time period back. We're told network execs have told Conan they will let him decide if he wants the midnight to 1:00 AM time slot. If he does, Leno's show will only be a half hour. If Conan walks, Leno will get a full hour, informed sources tell TMZ.

Our sources say Conan has not decided what he wants. We do know he's pissed, because he was given no advanced warning this was coming. Conan's people told NBC they are considering the offer. Translation: Mr. O'Brien -- I have Rupert Murdoch on line one, Stephen McPherson on line two, John Landgraf on line three, Jeff Wachtel on line four ...

We're told if Conan gets another offer, even though NBC could block the move, they will let him go and give Leno the full hour"

Im really pissed that Conan is getting shafted by NBC. Leno should just retire and go back to playing with his cars.

UPDATE: 
Breaking News... Conan on FOX? FOX isn't saying no to the idea. TMZ

Conan O'Brien may have a late night option if the NBC thing doesn't work out -- TMZ has learned FOX isn't exactly backing away from the idea of bringing him to their network. 

As we first reported, NBC is giving Conan the option of taking the midnight spot after Jay Leno, should he so choose.

But a source at FOX -- a logical landing point should Conan become a free agent -- tells TMZ that while they are "always interested in late night" and always "looking to bring great talent to FOX," Conan is still under contract with NBC, so FOX will "just have to see" what happens.

It's not a no.

One possible selling point FOX can make to Conan  -- they can offer him an 11:00 PM time slot ... 35 full minutes before Jay or David Letterman take the air.

I really dont like FOX, but its good that theres options for Conan 
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I'm a real big Conan fan, saw this coming though.  NBC sucks anyways, Conan's show would probably be better on another channel.  Not a big loss.  I'm sure it was a big deal to be hosting the Tonight Show for him but the Tonight Show was only truly great when Carson was the host.  Jay is a nice guy but a hack.  He has really just jacked people's shit his whole career, Lettterman's style, Howard Stern's segments (and announcer for some reason, and then took away his style, that was the most bizarre thing), and now he stole his spot back.  Pretty weak.

Diagnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Diagnostic

None.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Systech

Conan is getting gypped. Sixteen years of work for nothing?

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I really hope Conan get's another show somewhere else if this is all true. He has worked too hard to get where he is now and they're just gonna make all that work wasted? That is just fucking messed up.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By m1k3

Conan is a much better interviewer and comedian than Jay. I really hate how Jay makes these "under the breath" comments while the person he is interviewing is talking.

Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Conan

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Venatio

Jay Leno used to be awesome but he is just not that funny anymore, especially his crappy monolouges 

His most used joke involves this: HOW FAT IS AMERICA GETTING, RIGHT??? 

I've heard that so many times, but I do like some segments, like headlines and jaywalking 

Overall though, Conan is better

Avatar image for thehideousshrew
thehideousshrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By thehideousshrew

They're both pretty bland and unfunny so i hope they both get fired! YEEEAH! Take that, light entertainment!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox

lol no contest. Leno is for old folks. Even Conan is getting up there.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By raven_squad

Definitely Conan.  Jay Leno is so damned annoying.  

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Giving Conan the tonight show and giving Jay that stupid ass show was dumb.  They should have kept it the way it was. 

Letterman and Ferguson is a much better duo.

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By r0k1ll

Letterman is the best. But out of those two, conan. I hate Leno. He has no sense of humor.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DanielJW

Leno's hair freaks me out too much.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By insouciant

Well, the good news is that if Conan agrees to the midnight slot, maybe his show can go back to being what it was before.  It has been toned down a little so as not to offend people.  There's no more Masturbating Bear, Preparation H Raymond, or Camel Toe Annie.
Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Buscemi

Craig Ferguson is my personal favorite though.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CL60

Conan.

luckybruciano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By luckybruciano
@Titus said:
" Craig Ferguson is my personal favorite though. "
bet your ass it is! mine too.
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By handlas

Giving Conan the tonight show and giving Jay that stupid ass show was dumb.  They should have kept it the way it was. 

Letterman and Ferguson is a much better duo.
I thought the whole reason this happened was because Leno wanted to end his talk show.  Instead he got a new show and now his new show sux and he wants back to his old time and now Conan gets screwed over.

my ideal would be Conan goes to ABC as the tonight show...they shift Kimmel to a little later time.  Then I have my 2 favorite late night shows together.  I don't like all the other guys.  Nothing is as bad as Carson Daley's show tho.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrKlorox
@insouciant said:
" Well, the good news is that if Conan agrees to the midnight slot, maybe his show can go back to being what it was before.  It has been toned down a little so as not to offend people.  There's no more Masturbating Bear, Preparation H Raymond, or Camel Toe Annie. "
I think the move from NYC to LA killed a lot of these things.
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Trilogy

Conan.

*checks results*

Holy shit...

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Conan for me.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By gearhead

As a Conan Baby-someone born while Conan was playing-my dad and the doctor watched Conan when my mom was in labor. So obviously, I love Conan but I have nothing but respect for Leno.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zombie2011

Conan is the only late night i watch. If i decide to watch.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By sopranosfan

Conan

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MrKlorox

Who the fuck voted Jay?!

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Conan is funny, jay leno, is not so funny to me on any level except his big chin.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By roofy

burn leno at the stake.

even though fallon is a pretty bad late night host, hes got the best producers behind him.

i voted conan

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By TheHBK

This is fucking retarded.  Let Leno go.  No one gives a rats ass about him.  You notice that in the lead up to this, it was all about how Leno's 10pm show had bad ratings and they might put him back on at 1130?  Well, sorry Leno, but there is no mention of Conan getting bad ratings.  Its all on you.  If conan walks, well there went the last reason I would ever turn on NBC, besides Sunday Night Football that is.

CuddlyKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CuddlyKnife

The Cone-bone, for sure. 

Plus The Max Weinberg 7 is the best band on any TV show.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By Nev

Conan was the only talk show of the type I ever watched, so him.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MrKlorox

It's all Tom Hank's fault for starting the whole CoCo thing, which is surely the root of the problem.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#35  Edited By beargirl1

Conan, always 

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hamz

I totally voted Leno until I googled this and educated my British ignorance of American television.

Seems to me that if Conan accepts the offer, then he basically shows himself as spineless for accepting such a patronising offer while NBC receive hate for doing what they've done. If he walks for another network's offer then NBC and Leno get even more hatred and backlash than they would have received if he stayed.

So it seems whichever decision Conan makes NBC and Leno will still come out in a negative light. Personally I'm not too bothered being from the UK and all.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SoothsayerGB
@m1k3 said:
"  Heres the Story from TMZ:

"NBC has given Conan
O'Brien the option to either do his show from midnight to 1 or leave the network, sources tell TMZ.

Conan Obrien and Jay Leno

As TMZ first reported, after the Olympics, Jay Leno
will get his 11:30 PM time period back. We're told network execs have told Conan they will let him decide if he wants the midnight to 1:00 AM time slot. If he does, Leno's show will only be a half hour. If Conan walks, Leno will get a full hour, informed sources tell TMZ.

Our sources say Conan has not decided what he wants. We do know he's pissed, because he was given no advanced warning this was coming. Conan's people told NBC they are considering the offer. Translation: Mr. O'Brien -- I have Rupert Murdoch on line one, Stephen McPherson on line two, John Landgraf on line three, Jeff Wachtel on line four ...

We're told if Conan gets another offer, even though NBC could block the move, they will let him go and give Leno the full hour"

Im really pissed that Conan is getting shafted by NBC. Leno should just retire and go back to playing with his cars. "
Where did you dig that up.  Holy Crap!  Thats insane!  Especially since there are rumors the Letterman is looking for a replacement.  He wants to retire and he left NBC just like that.  I would love to see Conan go back to where he belongs!  New York!  

oh and Fuck Leno!  Also Kreg Fergosuck is so bad, I can't believe he is on TV.  But then again so is Carson Daily. The networks just need filler.  Creg fuckostan is like watching Luane from King of the Hill.  Cept she was kinda hot. 

Late Night with the damn Manger babies....  eh... Go back to russia. 
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By Tireyo

Neither.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By JJWeatherman

CONAN! COOOOOONAN! Co-Co don't go!!!!!

Seriously, I wish Jay would retire already.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By apathylad

I prefer Conan. I'm really disappointed by NBC's actions and how they are treating Conan and his staff. I really liked the new segments they brought from their L.A. location, like the Universal Studios intro on the first episode, and the anime dubs they did.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By m1k3

Breaking News... Conan on FOX? FOX isn't saying no to the idea. TMZ

Conan O'Brien may have a late night option if the NBC thing doesn't work out -- TMZ has learned FOX isn't exactly backing away from the idea of bringing him to their network. 

As we first reported, NBC is giving Conan the option of taking the midnight spot after Jay Leno, should he so choose.

But a source at FOX -- a logical landing point should Conan become a free agent -- tells TMZ that while they are "always interested in late night" and always "looking to bring great talent to FOX," Conan is still under contract with NBC, so FOX will "just have to see" what happens.

It's not a no.

One possible selling point FOX can make to Conan  -- they can offer him an 11:00 PM time slot ... 35 full minutes before Jay or David Letterman take the air.

I really dont like FOX, but its good that theres options for Conan
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conan is a really funny guy, much funnier then Leno.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m1k3 said:

" Breaking News... Conan on FOX? FOX isn't saying no to the idea. TMZ

It's not a no.

I really dont like FOX, but its good that theres options for Conan "
I personally like the idea.  Fox has some balls at least, they'd probably let him do what he wants.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Dany

Get Leno off the god damn air. He took 5 hours a week away from quality shows because NBC is stupid. It was in insult to Conan then and moving him back before him on late night is another disastrous mistake.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RipTheVeins
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:

" @m1k3 said:

" Breaking News... Conan on FOX? FOX isn't saying no to the idea. TMZ

It's not a no.

I really dont like FOX, but its good that theres options for Conan "
I personally like the idea.  Fox has some balls at least they'd probably let him do what he wants. "
Exactly my thought.  I may not like FOX all that much nowadays, but that type of environment is the best fit (next to something like Comedy Central) for Conan's original style of humor.  Plus he already has a history with them writing for The Simpsons once upon a time...
mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mesklinite

I always like Jay better. Conan is ok though and he is being screwed. Hopefully he comes out on top with this.
MyNameIsJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MyNameIsJoe

Conan by a mile.
HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Oh, you jokesters and your voting for Leno.  You're hilarious.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RetroIce4

Conan.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By oldschool

Conan O'Brien is the least funny television host around for my tastes.  He tries too hard and I can't remember the last time I got close to a laugh out of him.  Jay Leno is okay, but not great.  Still, thinking about it, Jimmy Kimmel worse.  Consequently, I voted Jay.