• 61 results
Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alekss

I can't quite tell, but at the beggining when he introduces Patrick, were there some boos?

Edit: After listening to it again it seems they were shouting "Scoops".

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I asked the same question and several users informed me that the audience was chanting 'Scoops'.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By artelinarose

It sounds like it. If this is the case, coming from someone who neither likes nor dislikes the guy, to whoever did that: you're a bunch of dicks.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OfficeGamer

It sounds like it. If this is the case, coming from someone who neither likes nor dislikes the guy, to whoever did that: you're a bunch of dicks.

a bag

(of dicks)

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Yah, It sounded like half the audience was clapping, and cheering, and half the audience was booing.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sounded to me like Scoooooops, which has caught on with a lot of people.

Though, hey, I'm sure there were some assholes booing. I might almost be disappointed if some people didn't represent that part of the Giant Bomb audience.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

After reviewing the tape, I believe it is now abundantly clear that they were shouting "Scoooooops". Alex said Scoops and then egged them on to grow in volume. I see no evidence of an booing; only the sweet, sweet sounds of duders howling "Scoops" at a PAX panel.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dagbiker

Though, hey, I'm sure there were some assholes booing. I might almost be disappointed if some people didn't represent that part of the Giant Bomb audience.

Scoops seems pretty cool about it, and that is one, of the many reasons I like him, and perhaps others don't is that he is very comfortable being himself, which is an intelligent, thoughtful, opinionated person; On an internet; Full of assholes who will drink anonymous breast milk on a dare to get $200.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I think the threads where people act hypersensitive about anything said towards Patrick are equally as bad as the ones where people bash him.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I think the threads where people act hypersensitive about anything said towards Patrick are equally as bad as the ones where people bash him.

? Why bring that up? Some people were just confused if people were booing him, which is something that is at least mildly possible. It's now clear that they were just saying "Scoops". No need to bring up the longstanding ideological struggle of Pro-Pat v. Anti-Pat.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@truthtellah: Cause why bring it up at all?

He asked because he was curious if that's what happened. That's how it sounded to him. If it did happen, that would be awful. Fortunately, upon consulting with others and listening to it further, it's now clear that he just mistook "Scoops" for booing. That's all.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

He asked because he was curious if that's what happened. That's how it sounded to him. If it did happen, that would be awful. Fortunately, upon consulting with others and listening to it further, it's now clear that he just mistook "Scoops" for booing. That's all.

Oh ok well do you think I could use this thread as a jumping board for my own query? I noticed people weren't laughing as loud at Vinny's jokes as they were at the others but I'm not sure. Can someone run the video through an analyzer and give me a decibel breakdown of applause for all panel members in comparison to Vinny?

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

Jesus christ the panel themselves started it...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Boo-urns!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TruthTellah

@humanity said:

@truthtellah said:

@humanity said:

Oh ok well do you think I could use this thread as a jumping board for my own query? I noticed people weren't laughing as loud at Vinny's jokes as they were at the others but I'm not sure. Can someone run the video through an analyzer and give me a decibel breakdown of applause for all panel members in comparison to Vinny?

heh. Without even reviewing the tape, I can assure you that such is an impossibility. And while I understand your facetious mocking, I really think you're making more of this than you should. Someone was confused, they then realized they just misheard it and that's it. We don't need to beat on or mock him.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: But if we don't beat on or mock people then it's just not GiantBomb dot com!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TruthTellah

@humanity said:

@truthtellah: But if we don't beat on or mock people then it's just not GiantBomb dot com!

If you say so, man.

http://admintell.napco.com/ee/images/uploads/gamertell/Kenka_Bancho_2.jpeg

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude

I'm nicknaming Alex and Patrick "Long Headline" and "Typo" accordingly.

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask whether they were booing or not given the ridiculous Patrick hate that's displayed every now and then throughout this site. Surely Patrick doesn't need people standing up for him and while I hate people who baww about Patrick constantly as much as the next guy, he certainly doesn't need anyone standing up for him or his views constantly.

If people actually were booing, then I'm quite honestly a bit disappointed in the GB community as a whole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

They were saying Scoo-urps.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Watching the panel, it's pretty clear they are saying Scoops. They started it and Alex encouraged the crowd to chant it, so it seemed pretty obvious to me.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was shouting Boo-urns.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MikeJFlick

Yeah, they were without a doubt booing him.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

If I was there I probably would've booed, just being honest

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Is this a real-life instance of Boo-urns?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the time, it was pretty clear people were saying Scoops.

Kidable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, almost immediately after introducing Patrick, Ryan shouts SCOOOOOOPS, so the crowd follows suite. For real. I doubt there was any booing at all.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this a real-life instance of Boo-urns?

Either that, or I need some kind of explanation from the adult crowd of Giant Bomb why people have an irrational and vocal hatred. I like to hope they were saying boo-urns! (or Scoo-oops!)

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30 MattyFTM  Moderator

This reminds me of a goalkeeper my football team (Sunderland) had once. His name was Mart Poom. He genuinely thought people were booing him, but they were just chanting "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM".

In any case, I highly doubt anyone would boo at Patrick at the panel. The kind of people who vocalize their dislike for him on the internet would never have the courage to do that in that sort of setting. They'll only do it behind the anonymity of a computer screen.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

I may not be a biggest Patrick fan but booing would be a real dick move. I hope it was just chanting scoops.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is scoops?

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Scoops" is a nickname for Patrick, because he was added to the GB staff to provide more journalism/reporting content on the site.

"Scoops" is a traditional nickname for a news reporter.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagbiker said:

@truthtellah said:

Scoops seems pretty cool about it, and that is one, of the many reasons I like him, and perhaps others don't is that he is very comfortable being himself, which is an intelligent, thoughtful, opinionated person; On an internet; Full of assholes who will drink anonymous breast milk on a dare to get $200.

you say that like its a bad thing. And I really think he didn't do it for the money but the fact that he said he would.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By pr1mus

Yeah you don't booo someone like that. If you don't like him you walk up to the mic during the Q&A and tell him he's an asshole and be a real man about it!

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm said:

This reminds me of a goalkeeper my football team (Sunderland) had once. His name was Mart Poom. He genuinely thought people were booing him, but they were just chanting "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM".

In any case, I highly doubt anyone would boo at Patrick at the panel. The kind of people who vocalize their dislike for him on the internet would never have the courage to do that in that sort of setting. They'll only do it behind the anonymity of a computer screen.

When Poom used to play for my team (Derby County) the exact same thing happened. We all chanted "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" and people would always confuse it for booing.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mercutio123

I think it's kind of depressing that while I was watching the intro I was constantly thinking "will they boo Patrick?". For the record I think the majority of people were shouting scoops but some wankers were booing

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dagbiker

@super2j said:

@dagbiker said:

@truthtellah said:

you say that like its a bad thing. And I really think he didn't do it for the money but the fact that he said he would.

I dont have a problem with people drinking breast milk for money. I was more making a comment about the fratboy nature of bringing intelligent and thoughtful conversation to the internet.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

THIS IS THE THING YOU THOUGHT OF AFTER WATCHING THE PANEL.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was most definitely scoops because the people directly behind me we're shouting it.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It was "Scoops", guys. No one was booing.

Believe me, talking shit on the internet is way easier than actually having the gall to do it in real life. I doubt that many of Patrick's detractors would be brash enough to actually boo him.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I think they were chanting Drew. Seeing Patrick reminds them of how great Drew is.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

It was probably a mix of 'scoops' and 'boos' and then he said he fit in with his pedophiliac beard because PAX was full of men with pedophiliac beards. It seemed like a pleasant atmosphere.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was saying Boo Urns.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@jasonr86 said:

and then he said he fit in with his pedophiliac beard because PAX was full of men with pedophiliac beards.

This was pretty good.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By natetodamax

I was there. We were shouting "Scooooops". I didn't hear any boos.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cmblasko
Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@voxel said:

I was there. We were shouting "Scooooops". I didn't hear any boos.

Yeah I was pretty in the middle of it and everyone seemed to be saying Scooooops, much like chants of "Khoooooooo" every time Robert Khoo finds himself in front of a crowd.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't this already resolved in the comments of the video?

I also posted this Ms. Dynamite classic there too, 'boo' can be a good thing -

Loading Video...