• 61 results
#1 Edited by Alekss (327 posts) -

I can't quite tell, but at the beggining when he introduces Patrick, were there some boos?

Edit: After listening to it again it seems they were shouting "Scoops".

#2 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3491 posts) -

I asked the same question and several users informed me that the audience was chanting 'Scoops'.

#3 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1863 posts) -

It sounds like it. If this is the case, coming from someone who neither likes nor dislikes the guy, to whoever did that: you're a bunch of dicks.

#4 Edited by OfficeGamer (1086 posts) -

It sounds like it. If this is the case, coming from someone who neither likes nor dislikes the guy, to whoever did that: you're a bunch of dicks.

a bag

(of dicks)

#5 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Yah, It sounded like half the audience was clapping, and cheering, and half the audience was booing.

#6 Posted by TruthTellah (9531 posts) -

Sounded to me like Scoooooops, which has caught on with a lot of people.

Though, hey, I'm sure there were some assholes booing. I might almost be disappointed if some people didn't represent that part of the Giant Bomb audience.

#7 Edited by TruthTellah (9531 posts) -

After reviewing the tape, I believe it is now abundantly clear that they were shouting "Scoooooops". Alex said Scoops and then egged them on to grow in volume. I see no evidence of an booing; only the sweet, sweet sounds of duders howling "Scoops" at a PAX panel.

#8 Edited by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Though, hey, I'm sure there were some assholes booing. I might almost be disappointed if some people didn't represent that part of the Giant Bomb audience.

Scoops seems pretty cool about it, and that is one, of the many reasons I like him, and perhaps others don't is that he is very comfortable being himself, which is an intelligent, thoughtful, opinionated person; On an internet; Full of assholes who will drink anonymous breast milk on a dare to get $200.

#9 Posted by Humanity (10431 posts) -

I think the threads where people act hypersensitive about anything said towards Patrick are equally as bad as the ones where people bash him.

#10 Posted by TruthTellah (9531 posts) -

@humanity said:

I think the threads where people act hypersensitive about anything said towards Patrick are equally as bad as the ones where people bash him.

? Why bring that up? Some people were just confused if people were booing him, which is something that is at least mildly possible. It's now clear that they were just saying "Scoops". No need to bring up the longstanding ideological struggle of Pro-Pat v. Anti-Pat.

#11 Posted by Humanity (10431 posts) -
#12 Posted by TruthTellah (9531 posts) -

@humanity said:

@truthtellah: Cause why bring it up at all?

He asked because he was curious if that's what happened. That's how it sounded to him. If it did happen, that would be awful. Fortunately, upon consulting with others and listening to it further, it's now clear that he just mistook "Scoops" for booing. That's all.

#13 Posted by Humanity (10431 posts) -

@humanity said:

He asked because he was curious if that's what happened. That's how it sounded to him. If it did happen, that would be awful. Fortunately, upon consulting with others and listening to it further, it's now clear that he just mistook "Scoops" for booing. That's all.

Oh ok well do you think I could use this thread as a jumping board for my own query? I noticed people weren't laughing as loud at Vinny's jokes as they were at the others but I'm not sure. Can someone run the video through an analyzer and give me a decibel breakdown of applause for all panel members in comparison to Vinny?

#14 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

Jesus christ the panel themselves started it...

#15 Posted by BeachThunder (12571 posts) -

Boo-urns!

#16 Edited by TruthTellah (9531 posts) -

@humanity said:

@truthtellah said:

@humanity said:

Oh ok well do you think I could use this thread as a jumping board for my own query? I noticed people weren't laughing as loud at Vinny's jokes as they were at the others but I'm not sure. Can someone run the video through an analyzer and give me a decibel breakdown of applause for all panel members in comparison to Vinny?

heh. Without even reviewing the tape, I can assure you that such is an impossibility. And while I understand your facetious mocking, I really think you're making more of this than you should. Someone was confused, they then realized they just misheard it and that's it. We don't need to beat on or mock him.

#17 Posted by Humanity (10431 posts) -

@truthtellah: But if we don't beat on or mock people then it's just not GiantBomb dot com!

#18 Edited by TruthTellah (9531 posts) -

@humanity said:

@truthtellah: But if we don't beat on or mock people then it's just not GiantBomb dot com!

If you say so, man.

http://admintell.napco.com/ee/images/uploads/gamertell/Kenka_Bancho_2.jpeg

#19 Edited by Claude (16255 posts) -

I'm nicknaming Alex and Patrick "Long Headline" and "Typo" accordingly.

#20 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

@humanity said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask whether they were booing or not given the ridiculous Patrick hate that's displayed every now and then throughout this site. Surely Patrick doesn't need people standing up for him and while I hate people who baww about Patrick constantly as much as the next guy, he certainly doesn't need anyone standing up for him or his views constantly.

If people actually were booing, then I'm quite honestly a bit disappointed in the GB community as a whole.

#21 Posted by Brodehouse (10243 posts) -

They were saying Scoo-urps.

#22 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7198 posts) -

Watching the panel, it's pretty clear they are saying Scoops. They started it and Alex encouraged the crowd to chant it, so it seemed pretty obvious to me.

#23 Edited by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

I was shouting Boo-urns.

#24 Edited by MikeJFlick (445 posts) -

Yeah, they were without a doubt booing him.

#25 Posted by Nightriff (5468 posts) -

If I was there I probably would've booed, just being honest

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -

Is this a real-life instance of Boo-urns?

#27 Posted by BisonHero (7268 posts) -

At the time, it was pretty clear people were saying Scoops.

#28 Posted by Kidable (127 posts) -

Nah, almost immediately after introducing Patrick, Ryan shouts SCOOOOOOPS, so the crowd follows suite. For real. I doubt there was any booing at all.

#29 Posted by AndrewB (7692 posts) -

Is this a real-life instance of Boo-urns?

Either that, or I need some kind of explanation from the adult crowd of Giant Bomb why people have an irrational and vocal hatred. I like to hope they were saying boo-urns! (or Scoo-oops!)

#30 Posted by MattyFTM (14440 posts) -

This reminds me of a goalkeeper my football team (Sunderland) had once. His name was Mart Poom. He genuinely thought people were booing him, but they were just chanting "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM".

In any case, I highly doubt anyone would boo at Patrick at the panel. The kind of people who vocalize their dislike for him on the internet would never have the courage to do that in that sort of setting. They'll only do it behind the anonymity of a computer screen.

#31 Posted by Danteveli (1216 posts) -

I may not be a biggest Patrick fan but booing would be a real dick move. I hope it was just chanting scoops.

#32 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

What is scoops?

#33 Posted by Corvak (1174 posts) -

"Scoops" is a nickname for Patrick, because he was added to the GB staff to provide more journalism/reporting content on the site.

"Scoops" is a traditional nickname for a news reporter.

#34 Posted by super2j (1811 posts) -

@dagbiker said:

@truthtellah said:

Scoops seems pretty cool about it, and that is one, of the many reasons I like him, and perhaps others don't is that he is very comfortable being himself, which is an intelligent, thoughtful, opinionated person; On an internet; Full of assholes who will drink anonymous breast milk on a dare to get $200.

you say that like its a bad thing. And I really think he didn't do it for the money but the fact that he said he would.

#35 Edited by Seb (366 posts) -

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

#36 Edited by Pr1mus (3971 posts) -

Yeah you don't booo someone like that. If you don't like him you walk up to the mic during the Q&A and tell him he's an asshole and be a real man about it!

#37 Posted by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

This reminds me of a goalkeeper my football team (Sunderland) had once. His name was Mart Poom. He genuinely thought people were booing him, but they were just chanting "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM".

In any case, I highly doubt anyone would boo at Patrick at the panel. The kind of people who vocalize their dislike for him on the internet would never have the courage to do that in that sort of setting. They'll only do it behind the anonymity of a computer screen.

When Poom used to play for my team (Derby County) the exact same thing happened. We all chanted "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" and people would always confuse it for booing.

#38 Edited by mercutio123 (473 posts) -

I think it's kind of depressing that while I was watching the intro I was constantly thinking "will they boo Patrick?". For the record I think the majority of people were shouting scoops but some wankers were booing

#39 Edited by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@super2j said:

@dagbiker said:

@truthtellah said:

you say that like its a bad thing. And I really think he didn't do it for the money but the fact that he said he would.

I dont have a problem with people drinking breast milk for money. I was more making a comment about the fratboy nature of bringing intelligent and thoughtful conversation to the internet.

#40 Posted by ThePickle (4181 posts) -

THIS IS THE THING YOU THOUGHT OF AFTER WATCHING THE PANEL.

#41 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

It was most definitely scoops because the people directly behind me we're shouting it.

#42 Posted by Milkman (17474 posts) -

It was "Scoops", guys. No one was booing.

Believe me, talking shit on the internet is way easier than actually having the gall to do it in real life. I doubt that many of Patrick's detractors would be brash enough to actually boo him.

#43 Posted by ez123 (2003 posts) -

I think they were chanting Drew. Seeing Patrick reminds them of how great Drew is.

#44 Posted by JasonR86 (9739 posts) -

It was probably a mix of 'scoops' and 'boos' and then he said he fit in with his pedophiliac beard because PAX was full of men with pedophiliac beards. It seemed like a pleasant atmosphere.

#45 Posted by iceman228433 (617 posts) -

I was saying Boo Urns.

#46 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

and then he said he fit in with his pedophiliac beard because PAX was full of men with pedophiliac beards.

This was pretty good.

#47 Edited by natetodamax (19229 posts) -

I was there. We were shouting "Scooooops". I didn't hear any boos.

#48 Edited by cmblasko (1385 posts) -
#49 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (425 posts) -
@voxel said:

I was there. We were shouting "Scooooops". I didn't hear any boos.

Yeah I was pretty in the middle of it and everyone seemed to be saying Scooooops, much like chants of "Khoooooooo" every time Robert Khoo finds himself in front of a crowd.

#50 Posted by RazielCuts (2997 posts) -

Wasn't this already resolved in the comments of the video?

I also posted this Ms. Dynamite classic there too, 'boo' can be a good thing -