Did you go/Are you going to your high school's homecoming dance?

• 94 results
AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AiurFlux

I went to prom, didn't go to homecoming. I was single during the time that it occurred and I didn't feel like going. Funny think is I was asked, multiple times, by a few girls and turned down their offers. And I mean women that I'm still friends with, not just random people that saw me in the hall. I don't regret it though. I went out of town for the weekend with some friends and homecoming sucked ass.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By nightriff

I went to 1 dance at high school. That was because she was my first girlfriend, had a lot of fun surprisingly. But we broke up and went anti-girl for a while. For prom a bunch of us hung out all night playing games, LAN some Halo 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas Terrorist Hunts (best 4 player experience ever), kept Subway open till 2 AM and went to the After Prom. One of the funnest nights I ever had, it was a blast and it didn't cost me hundreds of dollars, so win/win.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ApeGantz

Nope, but I did go to prom. Everyone was super nice and "toasty" so that's a plus.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By CaLe

We don't have such things in my country, thankfully.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By amir90

We didn't have one. But we do have "russen" for a month. Read about it :P

Avatar image for thatindianguy7116
ThatIndianGuy7116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FriedConsole said:

Do that but don't get the boner.

Boy, if I had a nickel for every time someone has said that to me....

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By LikeaSsur

Of course I did. Pretty girls, looking good in a suit, dancing, and then the wonderful slow dance where it was finally allowed to hug a girl and hold her close.

I went to all 4 of my Homecomings, do not regret it.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By C0V3RT

Homecoming, no. Prom, I went my senior year. It was what you expected but the school hosted post-prom was pretty fun.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By AngelN7

I was a nurd! I still am... but I did go to what you would call the "homecoming dance or prom" but man was I bored as shit... after no more than an hour I left but I did talk to some people I knew wouldn't be seeing again so that was nice, since I don't dance nor do I like big crowd the whole time I felt awkward to me. There's always a "group" at least 10 people didn't go to that party.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MrKlorox

Hell no. Some Carrie shit was liable to go down.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#61  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Never went to any dance. Feels good.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By cronus42

Like some other people said, it's what you make of it. I went to all but 1 of my schools homecomings, and 2 from other schools, plus both my schools proms. Didn't start dating my girlfriend until my junior year, and she was at college for senior year dances. Never had a date for the others, and never went with the intentions of picking out another lone girl to pick up there. Go with friends, expect to have fun, don't go with the idea that you will stay in the corner. My senior prom (the one my girlfriend couldn't make it to) I went with my 8 best friends in the world, all dudes cause they didn't feel like getting dates. That was one of the funnest nights I had in high school. Just joking around, acting stupid on the dance floor, and enjoying ourselves. And then we went back and played Deadly Premonition all night, since the ER was going on during my senior year, and were all insane like that.

So yea, don't get hung up on what the standard idea of homecoming and prom is, find what makes it fun outside of all the expected crap. You only go through high school once, and as a third year engineering major, I miss the hell out of it.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Turambar

Nope, never bothered. Highschool was great, but I lived in Queens and the school was in the Bronx. Not worth the 2 hour commute especially when it would have just been me and my friends going into the TV Production room to play DDR and Street Fighter anyways, which could be done much closer to home.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ghost_cat

@Wrighteous86 said:

Some morose motherfuckers in this thread here. Unless you go to high school with the bullies from Karate Kid, social functions are what you make of them. If you go in there ready to have a good time you will. If you go in there planning to sit in a corner in gloomy misery, you will. That kind of goes for most social situations.

Agree. If this is how you are going to view a high school dance, then you will practically view any social event, bar, or club the same way. I say just go and make the best of it. Maybe cause some trouble too.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#65  Edited By Phatmac

Nah.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#66  Edited By TobbRobb

I went, didn't dance. Ate chips and hung out with a few friends, mostly outside. Wasn't too bad, I've had worse evenings. It had that fine smell of finally leaving fucking high school too.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Socialone

We don't have that in my area, but I'd go if I were you. The trick is to ask a girl that won't get invited by 20 guys, yet pretty enough not to be an embarrassment on pictures. Every cohort has at least 5-10 girls that fit this description, just be quick. It's an easy way to get used to interact with women and it'll guarantee you a date for prom if you don't screw up.

I know right now it seems like a big deal to ask a girl you don't know very much, but your high school reputation won't matter at all in 2-3 years.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#68  Edited By Kidavenger

I never went for more than 15 minutes, the first few years my high school was open, we didn't have dances at all because it was a new school and by the time they started happening my friends and I were too old/used to not going so we'd go for a bit to meet up and observe then head out to see a movie.

They were pretty lame, but not as lame as staying home doing nothing. I think you should go at least one time just to experience it.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By YI_Orange

No one in this thread should be able to convince to/not to go, just do what you want.

As for me, I did not. For one, dancing is not really my thing. But mostly, it was the way I socialized in high school. Starting in elementary school I pretty much circle hopped in the social groups, and by high school was in good with at least one person with every social group. The problem here though, was that while there were usually a few people that were cool in each group, I didn't care for the group as a whole so I would dick around with these people in classes, but other than that I kept my distance.

I don't regret it. Due to the people around here, I prefer to be doing SOMETHING other than just hanging out. Even among the better people the conversation drifts to the most shallow stuff possible(Gossip, small talk, "YO THESE GIRLS ARE SO HOT BRO" "I GOT SO WASTED LAST NIGHT"). That complaint probably makes me come off kinda douchy, but I don't need everything to be the most deep conversation ever, that stuff is just so boring.

Profsn1pe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Profsn1pe

I never went to any high school events except the odd sport game I went to once every blue moon. I detested high school and I never had the desire to go to a dance or anything like that. I never liked dancing and I never had a girlfriend to persuade me to go to one. My friends did try once to get me to go to our senior prom but I ended up not going and working that night.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By fauxical

Never went to any of them way back in the day. Me and my friends used to instead just hang around and drink shitty beer and watch horror movies.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By medacris

I skipped out on every school dance. I was in a long-distance relationship and wasn't interested in asking anyone else out, and I wasn't fond of most of the school in general.

It's ultimately your decision, though. Do whatever your gut tells you to.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Chop

We don't have that stuff around here (homecoming, prom, etc), but I did go to my graduation party, which I assume is basically the same thing. I got really fucking drunk and ended up getting carried out of the hall. Ahh...that was the last time I saw the bulk of my high school classmates; what a memory to end on, eh?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about homecoming, but I went to a lot of dances in high school and even before then. I had fun at the time, but I came to regret it later.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By GValo

My high school always had Homecoming in mid-October and the homecoming dance always had a costume theme rather than being a formal dance, so I just used the dance to experiment with possible Halloween costume ideas.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#76  Edited By damnboyadvance

@BoG said:

WHY AM I POSTING IN THIS TOPIC? Story time.

When I began my junior year of high school, I had never gone to a school dance. I really, really wanted to go to one, if only to get attention from a girl. I didn't expect to go to homecoming, but a strange opportunity presented itself. On the first day of class, I discovered that I shared a class with a friend. We shared this class with one of his friends, a girl. For the first week of class, the three of us walked together. After that week, my friend changed his class schedule. After that, I just walked with this girl. It was so cool for me, I think it was the first time in my life that I regularly spoke to the same non-relative female. We chatted every day on the way to class. As homecoming approached, she began to talk about homecoming. She was a senior, and wanted to go to the dance her senior year, but didn't have a date. This frustrated her, because she had been every year, and all of her friends had dates.

She brought this up every day. I thought it about asking her. Maybe she was sending signals? I didn't know how girls worked. So I did nothing, until about two weeks before the dance. She brought it up again, and so I decided to casually ask. "Would you like to go with me?" She looked at me, and started laughing. She said something, but I didn't understand. She finally settled down, and said something else, but by that point I wasn't listening. "Well, if you change your mind, the offer is still there." Suddenly, she looked shocked. "Oh, you were serious?" And then she began to give me a list of excuses for why she couldn't go to the dance. I don't remember them.

I thought this was a good story, until this part. That was just depressing.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#77  Edited By damnboyadvance

I'm probably going this year. I've never been to a high school dance, but I've been talking to this girl a lot, and I'm planning to go with her. Hoping that it turns out well.

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By UncleClassy

I went to my junior and senior homecomings and proms and they were alright from what I remember. I think junior prom was the best for me personally, but hey it's better to just do it and possibly have a fucking blast then regret not going when you graduate.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By intro

No girl ever liked me all throughout high school and I never dated anyone. I skipped all 8/8 homecomings because I didn't want to go alone and couldn't find a date for any of them. The only friends I have had dates, so we couldn't go to them together.

I went to 1 prom. Wasn't really friends with the girl I went with. She was good friends with my best friend's girlfriend. So I think they just kinda talked her into going with me. And yeah, she was good looking so I'm surprised she didn't already have a date. The prom was meh, I'm glad I experienced it I supposed, but could have lived without it. Nothing like how the adults said, "You're gonna look back and wish you would have gone." No, I wouldn't have.

Less than a month after high school a girl still in my high school took interest me, for the first time in my life. We've been dating for almost 3 months or so. She's gonna want me to go to her homecomings and prom, but it should be alright with someone I'm comfortable with. I wouldn't go again with someone unless I really knew them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the thing about dancing - no one gives a shit about how you dance. Kids in highschool are so concerned about how they look that they never look at others. If you have friends who are going to homecoming, just go with them as a group. If you have someone in mind to go with, go ask them. You have nothing to lose by getting rejected and much to gain. Have fun and don't care about what other people think - dancing at a dance isn't some choreographed art, it's just moving up and down with the music. Have you ever seen the way most other people dance? Exactly. Everyone is absolutely horrible. Just relax and have fun.

I get the feeling that some people here hated their high school experience because they were socially awkward or just didn't like the crowd. You should always go if a couple of your friends want to go. But it's a different story if you are going all by yourself - then it all depends on how ballsy you are to ask single girls to dance with you.

Personally, I went to many dances during highschool because I was part of the student government that organized them. So I kind of had to go. I never really liked dances until my senior year when a girl asked me to go and I took the chance. That prom I just let loose and actually had a great time. Wish I had just "let loose" sooner and enjoyed my earlier years more.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#81  Edited By Slag

@ThatIndianGuy7116 said:

So, it's my senior year and my school's homecoming week is coming up. I've decided not to go, but all my friends think I'm crazy for not going. I was just wondering if I'm not the only one who isn't going or if anyone didn't go and didn't regret it.

I personally don't think dances are all that fun and I'd rather just chill at home or whatever then over pay for a dance where I'm just going to end up standing in a corner for the duration of the time listening to music that I'll probably hate.

Your friends are right. Awesome stuff can happen at dances or more accurately at the afterpaties.

Don't worry about a date, if you have one great if you don't just go with a group.

If it sucks you can always bail, but if you don't go you'll never know. .

The worst regrets you'll have in life is what you don't do, not what you did do.

You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by going.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#82  Edited By TechHits

I loved dances in high school, why wouldn't you go?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By _Zombie_

I was too cool for school dances.

In all seriousness, though, the female sex is absolutely repulsed by me and I can't dance.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By cornbredx

No. Couldn't afford it and at the time I thought it was really lame anyway. Same with Prom.
I regret not going, now that I'm older. If nothing else it's a memory you should have that I don't. Well, it feels like that, anyway.
I played video games instead- so I guess it's not all bad.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#85  Edited By jorbear

I went to most of the dances my Senior year, but none the years prior.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By ajamafalous

I did not go to any high school dances.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Funrush

@BoG said:

WHY AM I POSTING IN THIS TOPIC? Story time.

When I began my junior year of high school, I had never gone to a school dance. I really, really wanted to go to one, if only to get attention from a girl. I didn't expect to go to homecoming, but a strange opportunity presented itself. On the first day of class, I discovered that I shared a class with a friend. We shared this class with one of his friends, a girl. For the first week of class, the three of us walked together. After that week, my friend changed his class schedule. After that, I just walked with this girl. It was so cool for me, I think it was the first time in my life that I regularly spoke to the same non-relative female. We chatted every day on the way to class. As homecoming approached, she began to talk about homecoming. She was a senior, and wanted to go to the dance her senior year, but didn't have a date. This frustrated her, because she had been every year, and all of her friends had dates.

She brought this up every day. I thought it about asking her. Maybe she was sending signals? I didn't know how girls worked. So I did nothing, until about two weeks before the dance. She brought it up again, and so I decided to casually ask. "Would you like to go with me?" She looked at me, and started laughing. She said something, but I didn't understand. She finally settled down, and said something else, but by that point I wasn't listening. "Well, if you change your mind, the offer is still there." Suddenly, she looked shocked. "Oh, you were serious?" And then she began to give me a list of excuses for why she couldn't go to the dance. I don't remember them.

My senior year, I didn't go to homecoming either. I did go to prom, though. Woo yeah.

And now you know a little bit more about BoG.

Anyways, I always thought that school dances were fun. I say go.

You should've brought up that you thought she was sending signals.

I go to all of the school dances even if I don't have a GF just to hang out with friends.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SexyToad

Well it turns out I don't have a date. So that's a no. I'll be staying home playing Minecraft or something.

nerdsbeware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#89  Edited By nerdsbeware

I went to my senior prom. It was ok. I wasn't into partying back in high school or anything, unless it was a LAN party heh, so our "after" party was hanging out at a friends house dicking around until like 2-3 in the morning and that was it. It was pretty dull but I was glad I got to say I went.

Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Shindiggah

I only went to my senior year homecoming, and that was only because my girlfriend at the time insisted on it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By iam3green

no, i never went to any school activity.

i worked at a place that had proms. i kind found out what it was like when i worked at one.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought going to the prom with people I hated was dumb. I hung out with my best buddy and a few others, we played some games, we were drinking some hefty Dr Pepper. It was a good night. Loser'ish night? sure, but I'd rather be having fun with people I like.

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#93  Edited By Tomzombie

No, i never went to any school dance ever, the only time i did stuff was when they had grad night wich is hela fun.

I did not dance if i wanted to i could leave my friends behind, because if they don't dance then they are friends of mine.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By artofwar420

I would probably be escorted off the premises if I did.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#95  Edited By Hizang

No I did not, I had come out of the closet days before. So I said no thank you sir and stayed home, this Friday people from work are going out clubbing. I really don't like those things much, so hey not going that either. The trick is saying yes you will go, then a few days before say something's come up, family stuff.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Helimocopter

My two cents:

My school didn't have homecoming dances (no one ever went when they did, so they just decided to cut it), and I was a bit too awkward growing up to do alot of the middle school stuff. I did however, go to prom, my junior year with one of my closest female friends and my senior year with a girl that I had a crush on (asked her in front of the entire high school too, cause I'm a classy fellow who likes to brag too much). I had a great time on both occasions and would've seriously regretted not going. Then again, I LOVE to dance in all situations with or without a partner and my friends shared my views on such things. Even without a date there are plenty of people to dance with too, I danced to the entirety of "The Time" with one of my best friends, and it was quite a beautiful moment.

PROTIP: feel free switch partners while slow dancing, there is nothing wrong with leaving your partner behind as long as they get a new one. Especially recommended after the first dance, you might run out of things to talk about, and not everyone is super into the "staring into each other's eyes/dancing super close" thing.