Do you believe Joe Wilson should be punished?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Supafly777
Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Supafly777

For anyone that doesn't know he's the congressman who told shouted "You Lie" to the President last week during his speech about Obamacare.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikeeegeee

I disagree with the shit you added behind the simple "yes" and "no" responses, but I do believe that Wilson acted in an incredibly childish and unprofessional manner. I feel as though to side with him reduces yourself to his level and, to an extent, aligns yourself with a certain type of ludicrous extremism.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cube

What the fuck is with those options? I don't think Obama is the anointed one but I think Wilson is a blubbering vagina.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

No bias in these poll options.  Nope.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By PufferFiz

yeah I am not going to choose on of these because they are bad. He was out of line no doubt, I don't think to the point of impeachment but this will have some kind of negative effect on him.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Hailinel said:
" No bias in these poll options.  Nope. "
lol
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Suicrat
@mikeeegeee said:

" I disagree with the shit you added behind the simple "yes" and "no" responses, but I do believe that Wilson acted in an incredibly childish and unprofessional manner. I feel as though to side with him reduces yourself to his level and, to an extent, aligns yourself with a certain type of ludicrous extremism. "

What the fuck? To recognize the dishonesty of a person being dishonest makes a person an extremist?

I think you might want to explain your point in greater detail.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am not going to pick either of those because, well, they are shit options. I don't think he should necessarily be punished but he did blow his lid on an issue that I don't agree with him on. If he resigns, that would be an okay option. Either or, I think this publicity that is surrounding him is certainly not positive.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Omega
@Supafly777: Are you a Fox News pollster by any chance? 

In response to your question I think he needs to understand there is a time and a place to heckle ones president. During his speech is not a good time, maybe he should have saved it for the next town hall meeting. As for his punishment, I think he should take full responsibility for his actions and accept whatever happens to him or his career.

Though I'd say nine months in an Iraqi prison should be sufficient.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By breadfan

His actions were totally uncalled for, especially in that venue. 

ps: anyone else notice how this so called health care debate has had little to do with the actual discussion of health care?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Bigandtasty

Interrupting a speech like that is disrespectful and unprofessional, but no he shouldn't be punished.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Snipzor

Nice choices, no bias here.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By AgentJ

I was going to say no, because while what he did was idiotic and disrespectful, i know i've had moments where I couldn't control an outburst (you aren't allowed to cheer in press boxes at pro sporting events). But that bit about "he hold the truth", i certainly don't agree with. So, "not voting". 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ
@Omega said:
" @Supafly777: Are you a Fox News pollster by any chance?   In response to your question I think he needs to understand there is a time and a place to heckle ones president. During his speech is not a good time, maybe he should have saved it for the next town hall meeting. As for his punishment, I think he should take full responsibility for his actions and accept whatever happens to him or his career. Though I'd say nine months in an Iraqi prison should be sufficient. "
Lol, how about 9 months without the health care that government employees get?
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Bruce
@Supafly777:

Well, he didn't do anything illegal.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@Suicrat said:

" @mikeeegeee said:

" I disagree with the shit you added behind the simple "yes" and "no" responses, but I do believe that Wilson acted in an incredibly childish and unprofessional manner. I feel as though to side with him reduces yourself to his level and, to an extent, aligns yourself with a certain type of ludicrous extremism. "

What the fuck? To recognize the dishonesty of a person being dishonest makes a person an extremist?  I think you might want to explain your point in greater detail. "
what was he being dishonest about? I've done the research and don't believe it says explicitly that illegals get healthcare, as for that if the repubs are so againest it why did they sit on their rich asses the entire 8 years of bush and do something about illegals if its such a hot button?

Republicans are too busy being jerk wads saying keep things the same dammit! we don't want communism! communism evil! now pay more taxes so i can line my pockets more.

Democrats are yelling this plan is perfect put it into action now. *whorship obama and give me more of your taxes*

the only person actually saying SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCHES and lets work together and make a health care that every one can live with and reaches every american that needs it. Is Obama.
 I personally wished Obama got up and bitch slapped Joe Wilson and said And what ideas do you have?  I mean as much as your getting paid where are the big ideas we are paying you for? which i might add is more then im paid.

P.S: i may be wrong, I cant remember if its Congressmen or Senators that get huge salaries because they can vote for pay raises for them selves and no one can stop them.
Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Toxin066

What he did was extremely disrespectful.  Like the president or not, that's something you just don't do. However, I don't think he should be "punished".

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgentJ
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" @Suicrat said:
" @mikeeegeee said:

What the fuck? To recognize the dishonesty of a person being dishonest makes a person an extremist?  I think you might want to explain your point in greater detail. "
what was he being dishonest about? I've done the research and don't believe it says explicitly that illegals get healthcare, as for that if the repubs are so againest it why did they sit on their rich asses the entire 8 years of bush and do something about illegals if its such a hot button?  Republicans are too busy being jerk wads saying keep things the same dammit! we don't want communism! communism evil! now pay more taxes so i can line my pockets more.  Democrats are yelling this plan is perfect put it into action now. *whorship obama and give me more of your taxes*  the only person actually saying SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCHES and lets work together and make a health care that every one can live with and reaches every american that needs it. Is Obama. I personally wished Obama got up and bitch slapped Joe Wilson and said And what ideas do you have?  I mean as much as your getting paid where are the big ideas we are paying you for? which i might add is more then im paid. "
This. The bill says absolutely that illegals will not get any sort of healthcare benefits
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JoelTGM

he shouldn't be punished by law or whatever you were implying by that, but he will be punished by reputation; he spoke his mind and now people will decide if he's an idiot or not.  I have no opinion on the matter because I don't read a smidgen of news and I don't live in america.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Black_Rose

Not really, he made a fool of himself in front of the whole nation, no further punishment is needed.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By calidan777

lol, those are the best options ever

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By the8bitNacho

Humiliation for being stupid and incredibly unprofessional is "punishment" enough.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By Claude

Do you work for a polling company? If so, you should be fired.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Damian
@Claude said:
" Do work for a polling company? If so, you should be fired. "
Really? I was thinking he's probably being headhunted by polling companies as we speak.
Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hats

where is the "I dont care!"

wow a guy yelled out you lie

there u go a day in the life of Australian parliament and ours is all very civilized compared to India and Taiwan parliament
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Punished? No. Mocked extensively on the internet? Yes.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lifestrike
Uh oh!

I detect a bias!

"Do you think apples are great?"

"Don't you think apples are great?"

Can you tell me the difference?
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Branthog

Oh boy! Politics on a video game website. Can we talk religion, next?

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ninjakiller
@Supafly777: Seriously go fuck yourself with the way you worded that poll.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ninjakiller
@AgentJ said:
" @WilliamRLBaker said:
" @Suicrat said:
" @mikeeegeee said:

what was he being dishonest about? I've done the research and don't believe it says explicitly that illegals get healthcare, as for that if the repubs are so againest it why did they sit on their rich asses the entire 8 years of bush and do something about illegals if its such a hot button?  Republicans are too busy being jerk wads saying keep things the same dammit! we don't want communism! communism evil! now pay more taxes so i can line my pockets more.  Democrats are yelling this plan is perfect put it into action now. *whorship obama and give me more of your taxes*  the only person actually saying SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCHES and lets work together and make a health care that every one can live with and reaches every american that needs it. Is Obama. I personally wished Obama got up and bitch slapped Joe Wilson and said And what ideas do you have?  I mean as much as your getting paid where are the big ideas we are paying you for? which i might add is more then im paid. "
This. The bill says absolutely that illegals will not get any sort of healthcare benefits "
Do you have your head so far up your ass Suicrat at the altar of almighty capitalism that human beings and what is the truth just don't exist to you?  

The bill provides no benefits for illegals.  Or are you talking about the poor poor emergency rooms being forced to treat someone who's here illegally and comes into their er seriously injured and their forced to treat them?  Spell it out.  If that's what you're talking about, then you just don't have a fucking soul man.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Suicrat

@ninjakiller: My head up my ass? I think I've demonstrated that I'm relatively aware of the situation

I don't side with Joe Wilson on the point of illegal immigrants. (Mainly because I don't side with the notion that a person can be against the law.) What I side with Mr. Wilson on is the fact of Obama's dishonesty. But that doesn't mean the Republicans are any better (and as I demonstrated in my most recent blog, during the Bush Administration they were worse). What I was trying to say is that calling someone out on their dishonesty and agreeing that a person was being dishonest doesn't make you in lock-step with them. You guys have your head up your own ass if you misinterpret my dislike of dishonesty with Republican sympathy.

Illegal immigrants should be amnestied, the U.S. should have an open border to economic migrants, and Obama needs to push towards is actual healthcare reform, that would make healthcare affordable to all working Americans. The way he does that is by breaking the regional monopolies of Blue Cross/Blue Shield, allowing cross-state healthcare competition, enacting tort reform that would keep ambulance chasing lawyers from destroying the health care system even further, and allowing insurance companies from other insurance fields to branch into healthcare.

Obama's dishonesty isn't about illegal immigration. He's being honest that illegal immigrants are going to have the value of their labour seized from them to pay for other people's health care, so what he's being honest about is actually quite despicable in and of itself. What he's being dishonest about is that his plans for healthcare are deficit neutral, they're not. Every time the U.S. Federal government expands its power, it also expands its debt burden, if one were to think that'll be any different this time around would indicate that one has one's head up one's ass. You can't add to the list of government spending programs in a time of economic decline without incurring a deficit. They will not have the revenues they are expecting to draw from, the policies of the last 3 decades (at least) of economic policy has been towards a state of hyper-inflation, whether intentional or blind, I do not claim to know.

P.S.: There is no altar for capitalism, it is the only economic system that has no sympathy for mystics.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60

But this would not have been possible

raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By raddevon

His punishment will be the credibility he lost. We shouldn't cut out his tongue or anything, but it was a dick move nonetheless.

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dopeman

god damn american politics is so fucking wussy

Supafly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Supafly777

Bias? No more biased than ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and Headline News.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

He apologized and presidentface accepted his apology. He already made himself look like a douche, embarassing himself and his party. I think he's already been punished enough...?

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By gingertastic_10

I picked no, but I do not agree with what you put after the no or yes. People can speak their minds, there is no need for punishment.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#39  Edited By sjschmidt93

No, but I don't hate Obama. There ain't an option for that.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#40  Edited By citizenkane

You need to word your poll differently.