Do you feel guilty deleting Facebook 'Friends'?

• 58 results
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By CornontheCobbe

It may sound like a strange question. But these days with technology on the rise, and the digital age of the internet, gaming, and social networks, it might seem like a big deal for some, to find out you have been deleted from someones "friends" list.  For those of you who have a Facebook of course.

No Caption Provided
Today I was just shaving down my friends list on Facebook.

Friends that I may have had when I was attending secondary school, met throughout my life briefly (maybe once or twice) or who have added me after a drunken night out :/
Or just plainly that person that always has a depressing or angry status update. Enough can be enough.

I felt however a bit guilty as I deleted people off that i work with, and go to college with. I may work with them, but they barely speak to me, and have added me just for shear popularity possibly, or the thrill of having so many 'friends'.

Does it bother you when you have been deleted from someones friends list? It kind of got to me to know people I have known for years, since kindergarten have deleted me, and kept some other close friends.

Call me crazy, but that can really mess up your thoughts on who you thought were true friends.
Tuddlesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tuddlesworth

No, it's just Facebook.

Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alphonzo

Naahhh, I don't consider very many of my fake Internet friends real friends anyway

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Snipzor

Try telling that person right to their face that you deleted them, that's awkward. Or in my case, hilarious!

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sayishere

I dont use facebook. When Facebook was getting popular i was using Myspace alot and i sorta hated it, because my mates at the time messaged me on there instead of actually ringing me/texting me which pissed me of. They all moved to Facebook and added me, i accepted made an Account and havent used it since. My friends i actually hang out with are a handful, and i prefer to just ring em or text em. On myspace i found people who i hardly spoke to just added me since they knew my name or what i looked like. i guess i could be missing out on a greatest thing since sliced bread but im perfectly happy with a life without facebook.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shinigami420

I dont use facebook

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

Fuck no, I always have a good reason if I'm going to remove somebody.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By teh_destroyer

I never delete my friends, but I have been deleted off of someones friends list before. I am sorry that the truth has to hurt so much >_>

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vade

I never delete but I filter people I accept.

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IcySandman

I delete if I don't talk to them and they're just a friend of a friend etc.  They can refriend me and get to know me, but I have my friends and I get to know people before I'll friend them on facebook.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead

Why delete them anyway? There's no harm in having a few nobodies on the list.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12  Edited By natetodamax

No. I usually have a good reason for deleting people.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive only deleted and blocked one person because he kept asking me if we wanted to hang out even though ive never talked to the guy in real life

Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Random88

No.  I've deleted a few.  People who I went to High school with added me as a friend but were never my friends in high school or never spoke to me.  Added them just out of politeness but after a while of me not commenting on their updates and vice versa I deleted them.  I was Sick of seeing updates from people I'm not interested in.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gamefreak9

Nope, anyone i care about i have his/her number and/or email and/or address. 

Avatar image for delicious_brains
Delicious_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Delicious_Brains

Just kicking off the people who just randomly add you i.e. a friend of a friend of a friend who saw you that one time, is fine for me. I've been doing that recently since I've just finished high school and I don't want to talk to some of these people again.

mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrv321

I deleted facebook... never felt better.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Nah. Most of them are assholes anyway.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I never really maintain my friends lists on anything, let alone facebook. I never really delete people, I just find it easier to hide them from my newsfeed. Out of sight, out of mind.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Subjugation
@mrv321 said:
Mark Zuckerberg is gonna be pissed.

If you are deleting friends then you are doing it wrong. All of the people I deleted were chosen because I knew they weren't really my friends.
mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mrv321
@weeman105 said:
@mrv321 said:
Mark Zuckerberg is gonna be pissed.

If you are deleting friends then you are doing it wrong. All of the people I deleted were chosen because I knew they weren't really my friends.
Basically the first 3 days of no facebook is iwerd, you somehow build up muscle reflex to tpye in when you open a new tap. Like starting up a PC, opening minecraft and getting the GOD DAMN JAVA ERROR... Art of war... they don't know anything about war, not compared to the WRATH I WILL UNLEASH ON THEM.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By Tireyo

No, because I don't have Facebook.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By SMTDante89

I very rarely delete people from Facebook, but if I do, they gave me a very good reason to do so.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#24  Edited By wefwefasdf

Nope. I do it for fun! :D

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Surkov

I never accept people I would later want to delete.  

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By sparklykiss

I hardly notice when I've been removed, I don't talk to that many people on there, anyways. *Shrug*

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By time allen

people who complain about dumb things get permabanned from my fb friends list without regret. yes, we all have problems, and no, i don't want to hear yours.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By Bennyishere

I've been removing friends recently. It used to be at 300, now it's closer to 200. Mostly high school people I added when Facebook was new and all the rage. It feels good to remove the weeds from the garden as it were, and I am left with Facebook friends that are actually friends (or who have really hot pictures on their profile, they'll be my "friends" until they remove me).

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't remove people. i find it weird for people to just add random people. there are some people that have like 1000+ people. it's just kind of like  how do you know all of these people. i don't think you know all of these people.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DystopiaX

I don't delete people unless there's a specific reason, like there was a terrible falling out and we just hate each other. There are tons of people I'm friends with that I haven't seen for years but I don't really care.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DystopiaX
@iam3green said:
no, i don't remove people. i find it weird for people to just add random people. there are some people that have like 1000+ people. it's just kind of like  how do you know all of these people. i don't think you know all of these people.
Through school and stuff...I wouldn't say they know all those people well but they're not complete strangers either. I have found some that friend requested me when I don't even know them, but I just decline those.
For the record I'm not one of those people lol...I just kinda understand where they're coming from. For me Facebook isn't really a really close friend thing, its more keeping in touch with acquantainces/less good friends, with my closer friends its just texting/skype/whatever and less facebook so its not as big of a deal for me.
MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By MisterMouse

No not really, because generally if I am deleting friends it is with people who I have never really had very strong ties to and contact isn't necessary...

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cnlmullen

I just reenabled my Facebook after about 10 months to get some contact info; I have very few (if any) real current friends on Facebook. I won't remove people because I'm curious about other people's lives in general, and a lot are part of my past (it's cool to know if someone you went to HS with is married)... but it's kind of a waste of thought to be concerned with what they're up to on a daily basis.  

I'll probably disable it again after I get the info I need because it distracts me from more important things in the present. 
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Honestly, sometimes I do get a bit upset if someone I know well and thought I had a decent relationship with deletes me. But I've also had the opposite happen, where I've deleted people who I thought weren't real friends, and then they'd message me asking why I deleted them. Then I'd feel guilty and re-add.

Facebook gives you a window into your 'friends' true perception of you at times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By shiftymagician

I have fair uses for facebook and the only reason I haven't deleted more than half of my facebook friends is because of pure laziness.  The laziness will end soon enough and I will trim the dead weight eventually.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By VisariLoyalist

Nope and I've denied my entire family because they can't be trusted with posting priveleges

Onced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Onced

I don't defriend people. I've never really understood the concept of deleting someone on Facebook. If they prove to be a nuisance and relentlessly torment my news feed with inane subjects I don't particularly find interesting, I'll just hide their posts. I don't personally use Facebook as anything more than a extra way to talk/keep in touch with friends. If someone I know wants to invite me, I'll accept. I feel that removing people is to effectively burn away the last bridge of rekindling old friendships. After all, it's just Facebook. I don't gain or lose anything by keeping them on a friends list I rarely, if ever check. 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#40  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yeah, a little, unless it's someone I really don't know and only added me via a friend without ever talking to me. In general I try to make sure my friends list only contains people who I actually know anyway.

maximus_vi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By maximus_vi

I don't feel bad because I never delete anybody. My friends list is pretty light as it is, so I don't really see a point in deleting someone and taking the risk of offending them.

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ClaritySam
@Tuddlesworth said:
No, it's just Facebook.
Yeah, this really.  Actually I quite enjoy deleting people.
cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cookiemonster

Sometimes, but on the whole, no. I generally delete people I don't like/don't know and who I will never see again.

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zungerman090

When you delete someone, it almost always means that you don't like them. Which makes it quite awkward if you meet the person on daily basis. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nope, I barely befriend anyone on facebook whom I don't know irl, so if I delete such a person he/she probably deserved it.

Caegn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Caegn

@CornontheCobbe said:

Today I was just shaving down my friends list on Facebook. Friends that I may have had when I was attending secondary school, met throughout my life briefly (maybe once or twice) or who have added me after a drunken night out :/Or just plainly that person that always has a depressing or angry status update. Enough can be enough. I felt however a bit guilty as I deleted people off that i work with, and go to college with. I may work with them, but they barely speak to me, and have added me just for shear popularity possibly, or the thrill of having so many 'friends'.Does it bother you when you have been deleted from someones friends list? It kind of got to me to know people I have known for years, since kindergarten have deleted me, and kept some other close friends. Call me crazy, but that can really mess up your thoughts on who you thought were true friends.

Wait, so people from old schools or old times you can delete, but you feel guilty about people you go to school or work with with now?  Hate to break it to you, (and I don't mean this in a snarky way, more laughingly pointing out) but that's not guilty.  That's fear of being caught.  There's a difference.  :)

Me, I wouldn't know about feeling guilty.  I too am afraid of being caught.  Only unlike you, who was able to commit to the remove button, I'm too spineless to actually go through with it.  Now I feel shame.  But hey, that's sort of like guilt, right?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By Video_Game_King

No, because I don't have a Facebook account.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Clean

I don't really bother deleting facebook "friends", but I have blocked crazy people and hid them from my newsfeed when I did have a facebook.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By InternetCrab

Never deleted a friend cause i don't have to. I am though close to deleting my class friend since he's a pain in the ass on facebook spamming the chat, weird status updates etc.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zeforgotten

i have no need to remove the friends that are on there since I know all of them personally.