#1  Edited By NTM

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

I don't usually like making threads/polls on game sites that aren't about games, but I do it sometimes. I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, and I just thought about it 'cause I'm not working at the time, but I think I will be soon.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Can't stand it. I make too much money to quit though.

But yeah, it's the primary reason I'll probably have a mental breakdown by 25.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SamStrife

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Can't stand it. I make too much money to quit though.

But yeah, it's the primary reason I'll probably have a mental breakdown by 25.

This exactly!

Papa_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Papa_XIV

I am bumping this because, while i don't have a job and haven't even finished school yet, this is truly awesome and should be kept alive

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By mfpantst
@Rolyatkcinmai: woah shit.  I swore you were my age, not younger.

On another note, it goes up and down, but right now I've 5 years under my belt at the same place and this job is making it so my wife and I can have a house built that will suit all our needs for the next decade or two.  So yea, I'm pretty stoked about my job.

EDIT: I'm 27, and for unknown reasons thought you had a year on me or two.  (chalk it up to your voice sounding older than you are?)
Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nux

I work at before and after school program for kids, so there are days where I have a lot of fun playing with them but other days I can't stand my job. It all depends on my mood and how much of a pain in the ass the kids are being day by day.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By donkeycow

All i will say is never work in a grocery store. It would probably be better if i wasn't also balancing university with work and i didn't need to get up at 5:15am to get to work on time.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

Shit! I should have added another one. I should have added "Sometimes it's great, and sometimes it sucks." Or something like that.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mfpantst
@NTM said:

Shit! I should have added another one. I should have added "Sometimes it's great, and sometimes it sucks." Or something like that.

If you had I would have chosen this.
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

@Donkeycow said:

All i will say is never work in a grocery store. It would probably be better if i wasn't also balancing university with work and i didn't need to get up at 5:15am to get to work on time.

Man, I had to get up at 4:00 AM PT every Friday to go to work when I worked last. That was no good.

@Papa_XIV said:

I am bumping this because, while i don't have a job and haven't even finished school yet, this is truly awesome and should be kept alive

Thank you? I didn't think someone would think such a thread topic is awesome.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

@mfpantst: Yeahhh. I'm guessing most people have that.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By BleedingStarX

Yeah I love mine, not saying if certain other things came up I wouldnt take those in a heartbeat, but I am very happy with it

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mfpantst
@NTM: Possibly.  I do like how your options go from "YAY" to "Fuck it" to "fuck that shit".  

ps- you're right, things like this that personalize us users are good things.
Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chop

You know, I don't mind the work but I can't fucking stand the people. I dread going to work but only because I hate my boss and ignorant customers.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Hosstile17

I love my job. Working in online education is rewarding and every day is different.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Grixxel

@Hosstile17 said:

I love my job. Working in online education is rewarding and every day is different.

Sounds neat.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karl_Boss

Its pretty good.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By duskvamp

I hate working in retail, its not exactly hard, but bad management, especially the one manager and horrible customers make 1 hour feel like 10.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By musubi

Working at Wal-mart right now. I've heard horror stories from people saying its the worst thing ever. I've not really had that experience Its a bit boring but not really "bad" as all I have to do is stock shelves and most of the time I'm left alone to work at my own pace.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By matthias2437

While I'm going through college I'm working at a Gamestop..... man it kind of sucks. Like I know it could be FAR worse just some of the people I work with are annoying as hell (like any job) and the constant pressure to sell people shit they don't need or else I could get fired kind of gets old.

Clouise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Clouise

@DuskVamp: Agreed, bad customers can make working in retail hell sometimes.I like my immediate bosses, but the higher ups can be total dicks sometimes.

We recently got a big newsletter about "our company and social media" so I'd probably get fired if I started bitching about them....

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By fox01313

Yes before getting the layoff with the bulk of the department where I was working.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I work full time for a company that contracts with other companies to do telephone customer service. I work multiple lines, including THE biggest tractor and equipment company in the world. I do all of this full time from home. 40+ hours a week, and make a pretty good living. I can't complain, really, but if I had my way, I'd be doing other things. Still, though- sleeping in and not having to fight traffic is great.

duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By duskvamp
@Clouise: Yeah we have a notice up in the staff room about social media, but hey, none of them come to this site, so screw them! Well, just the one really...
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ravenlight

I picked D but I'm posting this from work ;)

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By M_Shini

I do care work for young adults and older at a residential home and day care service and have been doing it for about one year and it almost doesn't feel like work in many ways and always have allot of fun with the Clients that live and come to the day service and i couldn't imagine not doing it. There are the really crappy side of it like dealing with someone passing away though which can hit hard but that aside it has been really rewarding and its kept me happy as a work environment.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SexyToad

I'm in school.... Sooooo

the_red_mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By the_red_mage

Duuh I am software developer soooo I guess it's alright.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By UitDeToekomst

i like the job that i do but i despise the environment that i have to do it in, specifically some of the people in the organization and the other organizations that we share space with. i chose the second option in the survey because i am not a musician or an astronomer and i would definitely prefer doing either of those to what i do now.

Davin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Davin

I worked in a grocery store (edit: in the bakery department as the head baker) for eleven years, getting up at 3am. I recently quit because I got married and moved. I will never, ever do that again. I was so stressed and on edge all the time due to the always increasing demands put upon us. No matter how good or stable the job may have been, it wasn't worth the mental toll I was always taking.

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bobdaman18

I'd say i really like my job. I inspect septic systems for the county. While the actual subject of the job is pretty boring and maybe a bit gross, everything around the job is great. The pay is pretty good, great benefits, my coworkers and bosses are awesome. Only real bummer is i'm probably gonna be laid off.

Tophat666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Tophat666

I love my job.

My first real job in the culinary world & I'm making pasta for some of the biggest restaurants in New York City. I work at a commissary in Queens, under the parent company BR-Guest, & my pasta is sent from there to all the restaurants owned by them. If one of those places needs fresh pasta, it comes from me (in other words, i'm one of the biggest names in pasta for NYC). I've been working there for well over a year now, & I couldn't be happier.'

And since I don't deal with costumers, I get to listen to my ipod all day(& most of the time it's the Bombcast).

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work at a grocery store. It's not that bad and definitely could be a lot worse but it's not a "good" job by any stretch.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By clumsyninja1

Love it I'm a computer engineer for HP and on the weekens I coach tennis for a Country Club (pro-bono)

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By cornbredx

Somedays I hate my job, other days I'm fine. I'd be much happier if I didn't have to deal with idiots all day.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scooper

@DuskVamp said:

I hate working in retail, its not exactly hard, but bad management, especially the one manager and horrible customers make 1 hour feel like 10.

In the same position, feel exactly the same.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Working at a bank while studying engineering full time. Sometimes it can get really busy and people are always bitchy about their money, but most days it is kind of slow and I just surf the web. So it's not the best, but it is better than most college student jobs.

Darksideshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Darksideshadow

Its not that my job is bad. Its just that id rather be surfing and hanging out with my dog and friends. I feel like I'm wasting time.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheCreamFilling

@Demoskinos said:

Working at Wal-mart right now. I've heard horror stories from people saying its the worst thing ever. I've not really had that experience Its a bit boring but not really "bad" as all I have to do is stock shelves and most of the time I'm left alone to work at my own pace.

Fellow associate! I'm on the distribution center side though. It sucks, but the cash makes it bearable.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#43  Edited By InfiniteSpark

Answer B pretty much answers my feelings working at my current job at the moment. I don't mind it, but I would love to work somewhere where I'm doing something much closer to the major I graduated with from college (accounting).