Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MariachiMacabre

My job itself isn't hard, but the people can be hard to deal with.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

I'm unemployed and not looking for work.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tim_the_corsair

My current job is great, people are nice, pay is good, and we are not overworked at all (yay public service!), giving me time to work on my writing as I am, by nature, ultra efficient when I get going on something.

Previous jobs would all be in the so-so to fucking hate categories.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Chop

I like to dream about what it'd be like to not hate your job. Every job I've had has been in the "I hate my fucking life so much" category. 

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Muerthoz

My job itself isn't bad.   It's management's bad decision making and most of the co-workers' personalities that make it difficult to come in everyday.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't like my job. Some of the people I work with are cool but it mostly sucks.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

Eh 6.5. It's minimum wage, but it's an indie theatre, so it's not necessarily as embarrassing as a multi-plex or something. It's also a fairly easy job, and the people there are pretty cool, so I can't complain too much.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By galiant

I'm studying at the local university, so...H?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OllyOxenFree

There are the "OK" days and then there are the "I want to get the fuck out of here" days. Depends on how many packages we get in and if management are being asses.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman

G for me, sadly.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TorMasturba

My boss has a lack of perspective, a lack of good decision making skills and most of all is a really shitty communicator.

There isn't a day that goes by where I'm not made to feel two inches tall because I can't respond to her in my natural way due to what I'd love to say back to her of the aggressive "Go walk off a fucking cliff!" variety, for her being such a fat ungrateful bitch.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

I started work at a new job back in May, and I have zero to complain about. This has easily been the best three months of employment I've ever had.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aronman789

I currently have a job as a host in a restaurant (the dude that sits you at a table), and what sounds like the easiest job ever is made excruciatingly difficult due to all the people thinking their $10 is going to make me pull an extra table out of my ass, people complaining to me about things I can't do anything about, and dipshit waiters and busboys that can't do their fucking job to say their lives. 

So no, I do not like my job.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Hizang

I've been working at a nursery for 2-3 years or something, it's alright. I remember I wanted it so badly when I was in college, now its not as much as a great thing, but hey work is work right?

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hoossy

I get to tutor bad ass Speech and Debate kids, so I have fun!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Claude

These are always tough for me. I quit my job to be a caregiver for my wife in 2008. But my wife has a small private practice, mental health therapist, she works part-time. Her health is declining and she's disabled, a ticket to work program keeps her career going, and we keep the business running and she continues counseling.

As tax purposes go, I'm self employed in our business. I still voted H.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Sometimes, yes. Most of the time, no. Certain people I work with make it difficult to enjoy my job.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By JJOR64

C. It's really easy, but a lot of the time it gets slow and I don't have much to do.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Turambar

I actually miss the days when I was a bottom of the rung part timer at a retail store.  Ever since becoming middle management, the retarded mistakes of upper management becomes both far more excruciatingly obvious as well as far more impactful towards my job responsibilities.  What I'd give to only need to worry about how to work a register again... 

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By birchman

I am looking for work, and I guess I haven't really had a job in three months or more. Reason probably being that I had school to go to, but that's not the case any longer. Just waiting for my driver's license now, then I'll apply for a job(s).

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By emkeighcameron

My job is fucking awesome. I get to work with cool equipment, talk with awesome people, earn a bunch of money, and I never get bored because of the sheer variety of tasks I have to perform.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DAFTPUNK
@MariachiMacabre said:

My job itself isn't hard, but the people can be hard to deal with.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Subjugation

I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job ...

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Claude

@weeman105 said:

I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job I love my job ...

No you don't.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By MudMan

Wait, why would you be unemployed not looking for a job? That's not the same as being a student, or being a minor living with your parents. Or is that what people are implying with that option?

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hot_Karl

My job's a job. It's retail customer service at a department store. I get to dress up relatively fancy-like, and my coworkers are nice, but it's a lot of standing/walking around on my feet for 8+ hours at a time in uncomfortable dress shoes, folding clothes, etc. 

It's a job. IT pays money. It absolutely will not be a career- just something to tide me over cash-wise until I figure out what I want to do in life.

d_breeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By d_breeze
@NoelVeiga said:
Wait, why would you be unemployed not looking for a job? That's not the same as being a student, or being a minor living with your parents. Or is that what people are implying with that option?
That's what I'd take it as, I'd vote H since I'm a university student...
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Ben_H

I'm giving my notice (Either 2 weeks or outright quitting) on either Friday or Saturday, if that answers your question good enough.  Partly because of school (I'm taking 15-18 credits of math based university classes, including Honours Linear Algebra, which is reportedly insanely hard, and multiple physics classes) but also because I'm fed up with the management deliberately understaffing us and making our jobs 10x harder than they should be, and the customers, who mainly consist of overweight middle aged males whose sole goal seems to be to cause me as much grief as possible.  It's bad when I like being in school more than working and having more free time, though with how they are scheduling me I barely have any free time.  I've only been scheduled closing shifts, which end at 11PM, which not only cuts out any chances of a social life, but also screws up my sleep schedule, as it usually takes me a few hours to cool down after work before I can sleep, making it so I fall asleep between 3AM and 4AM and I sleep until 11AM, as opposed to 12AM-8AM which I have slept for my entire life and my university schedule is based around (No early classes, I don't perform well in them).  Other than my days off, I don't get to talk to any of my friends anymore.  I've talked to them about changing it (they thought I liked closing, which is actually contrary to my availability sheet, which states the latest I am available is 7PM), but they haven't done a thing to help me so screw them.

The thing that gets me the most is how nice so many of my coworkers are, and how badly they are treated.  I feel bad about quitting because I feel like I will be letting them down, but I have to draw the line.  I've been miserable for the last year or so and working during school caused me way too much stress last year.  I've already saved up every penny I've made this summer other than expenses in preparation for quitting so I should be set during school, where I spend very little money other than on coffee or hot chocolate in the library, or the odd lunch.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By Hector

Sometimes it's fun and easy other times I almost ready to punch someone in the face. :)

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten

I do indeed.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Devil240Z

I really need a job. I'm on my last legs. Shits going to get complicated real soon. I would literally do anything for 5 bucks right now. I'm fucking desperate.

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By McBEEF

7-8: I work nighwatch and i dont have to deal with any annoying customers or co-workers. good pay, good hours, and I can read books/watch dvds all night and sleep all day.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ragdrazi

To the fellow D's out there, you are not alone. I'd have gone for E, but in this economy, there's no real point.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Claude said:

These are always tough for me. I quit my job to be a caregiver for my wife in 2008. But my wife has a small private practice, mental health therapist, she works part-time. Her health is declining and she's disabled, a ticket to work program keeps her career going, and we keep the business running and she continues counseling.

A classy man like you gives me the impression that you sit naked in a recliner all day and eat chocolate laughing.

How far off am I?
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Claude

@Doctorchimp said:

@Claude said:

A classy man like you gives me the impression that you sit naked in a recliner all day and eat chocolate laughing. How far off am I?

I have many pictures.

Let's go kind of old. A year maybe?

No Caption Provided

Wii Love.

Latest.

No Caption Provided
wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#37  Edited By wwfundertaker

I just graduated so im not sure if i want to work yet. May take a long break.

King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King_Bonzo

I work for a charity for disabled people taking them out on walks and trips. When I'm not out walking and socializing with interesting happy people I'm in the office browsing amazon and giant bomb... yeah my job is pretty good. 

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RaikohBlade

No job for me, I'm still going to college, and I like to enjoy my summer vacations~.

Avatar image for exileonmainstreet
ExileOnMainStreet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My job is pretty good. When i'm writing/designing the company newsletter I really enjoy work. When im doing my usual admin sort of tasks then its so so. The people are a good laugh in the office plus we have company nights out which start with a free bar. The free bar stuff may start to decline a bit in frequency however. 

King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By King_Bonzo
@Claude said:

Let's go kind of old. A year maybe?
No Caption Provided

Hey there Lynch...... 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Claude

@King_Bonzo:

No Caption Provided
King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King_Bonzo
@Claude: epic :D
purpleinsect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By purpleinsect

I love it. There could not be a better, more rewarding job in the world :)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By AhmadMetallic

7-8

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

When I first started my current job about a year ago, I'd say I was at about a six. About six months in, I was probably at about a four. In the past few months though, I've dropped down to a two. Thinking about how much I hate my job now makes me physically ill.

To be honest, I knew I wasn't really going to like this job from the beginning, and I told myself when I got it that it was just going to be a short term thing. Coming out of school, I pretty much just took the job with the best pay, with the intention of seeking out a better job after I got a little financial security. About 18 months later, I feel like I've gotten to a point where I really need to start looking for something else.

@Ben_H said:

The thing that gets me the most is how nice so many of my coworkers are, and how badly they are treated. I feel bad about quitting because I feel like I will be letting them down, but I have to draw the line.

I totally know how you feel. There are some really nice people that I work with that I know I'll be putting in a bad position by leaving, but I just have to block that out and do what I think is best for me. I basically equate it to me being Lebron James, and the company I work with being the Cavs. I'm going to piss some people off, but I've got to put myself in a position to win championships.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@TorMasturba said:

My boss has a lack of perspective, a lack of good decision making skills and most of all is a really shitty communicator.

There isn't a day that goes by where I'm not made to feel two inches tall because I can't respond to her in my natural way due to what I'd love to say back to her of the aggressive "Go walk off a fucking cliff!" variety, for her being such a fat ungrateful bitch.

Dude, you have a chick boss? Is she hot?
adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By adz117

I went to University because when I left school I got a job that was so painfully awful that I just though 'fuck am I doing this for the rest of my life' , so now I'm an unemployed student.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By imsh_pl

I love my job...
I love my job...
I love my job...

dbz1995

Forum Posts