• 63 results
#1 Edited by Kazzurak (366 posts) -

My choice changes alot, but right now it is: 

So what is your favourite song in your native language? 

EDIT: Sorry xD im danish if anyone were wondering what language it was :)
#2 Posted by Blair (2500 posts) -

English, baby. 

#3 Posted by GunstarRed (5024 posts) -

#4 Posted by Bobstar (310 posts) -

Nice to see a fellow dane on Giantbomb! :D

#5 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -
@marioncobretti: Damn Ewoks, they're everywhere these days. 

Anyway, I'm Hungarian, so I'll go with the world's favourite suicide song. 

#6 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Sweden
Nordman - Vandraren 

The Wanderer in English.
#7 Edited by rflx (573 posts) -

More danish music. Well, more like old-nordic/danish.
I know, I know, it's hard to actually make out what the lyrics are with this style of singing, but I love this song.

#8 Posted by Bamsen (336 posts) -

Norwegian metal/hardrock song about Beer :-D
#9 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

Ah Hyd y Nos or Sospan Fach maybe.

#10 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Too hard to choose.

#11 Posted by NoeinJ (46 posts) -

More nordic music, this time in Finnish.
#12 Posted by Danbo (191 posts) -

English gentleman reporting in: 

#13 Edited by Venatio (4482 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay: I love that song but I really like some Kent songs, like this one, it was even in GH: World Tour

#14 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

Lastfm says:

But actually it is:

#15 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@Venatio:  I call your Kent and raise with some Gyllene Tider.

#16 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

This song is dubbed the best dutch song ever. In structure and composition it's very basic and simplistic. It's about the Berlin Wall - 'Iron Curtain' - in Germany. Klein Orkest - Over de Muur. (literally: Small Orchestra - Over the Wall)

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (35986 posts) -

I know for a fact that it isn't on YouTube.

#18 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

Not sure. There are so many good songs, but I don't want to be cliche.

#19 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Ethno ftw!

#20 Posted by ProlificShadow (399 posts) -

English here. My favorite song from my favorite band. 
#21 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@Blair: Outkast are so fucking good. 

I have absolutely no idea what mine is. None at all.
#22 Edited by SomeJerk (3140 posts) -

That's right, I'm a Finnish-Swede, born and raised here by Finnish immigrants.

Arja Saijonmaa looks better today, 24 years after that video was shot. She's a tall woman of age, her mere presence makes the hair on your back stand up. Met her a few times (tv studio dealings) and my word, she is a goddess with a handshake mightier than most men I've met. Great stance and style outside of showbusiness.
/fanboy

Swedish is a language many think is spoken like it's being sung, but I have a hard time finding Swedish singing I like other than these older tunes. Being a musician myself I spent a quarter of a year trying to get my own Swedish lyrics to work right before deciding that it was impossible, and I was better off making use of our cute English accents instead - it's synth music I'm making after all, and it lends itself to that genre.
/nerd
#23 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Kazzurak: Heeey, a song from L.O.C from right before he got pathetic to listen too.   

This is my pick though.
#24 Posted by Kazzurak (366 posts) -
@ZeForgotten: That depends how you see it, i haven't heard his latest album, but there's alot of the older songs, that is good, considered that maybe he just grew up a bit? :)
#25 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Kazzurak: If he had grown up I would probably have enjoyed his stuff a lot more than now.  
But he still wishes to make music that makes 13 year olds go "OMG OMG OMG! HE SAID "FUCK" HE'S NOW MY IDOL!"  
#26 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

Dimmu Borgir with alt lys har svunnet henn(All light has faded)   

But on the brighter side it gotta be Ingenting with Liden   

Two of my all time fav on the native tongue :)
#27 Edited by Kazzurak (366 posts) -
@ZeForgotten: It depends how you see it if you compare 

Which is one of his latest 

and compare it wtih: 

Theres a clear difference the last one is form 2001 and the first one is from 2011 he has grown up, but thats just my opinion  

EDIT: Also i prefer listening to songs where lyrics matter, even though the last one is great as well i prefer having both lyrics and a great beat
#28 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Kazzurak: I know the timeline of his music, no need to tell me, duh :P 

Again he may have grown up from being a total idiot and to just being 15 now instead. 
Nothing against the guy though in person he's really fun to hang around but as he has said himself "Selvmord" was a suicide at what they were used to doing and now he just wants the money so he makes what is popular for "the kids" 
#29 Posted by Kazzurak (366 posts) -
@ZeForgotten: He has gone solo again, but yes "selvmord" wasn't even close to the best he has made.
#30 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Kazzurak: Really, he's gone solo again? 
So thaaat explains the last two concerts I was dragged to where it just said "L.O.C" on the poster. I found that odd. 
Like I didn't know already :P But he's said it himself that he's just "doing it for the money so it's no wonder it's the same old same old" 
After parties, go to them, ask those "famous" people questions, you'll get answers :P
#31 Edited by blackCan (34 posts) -

Loving it every single time.
#32 Posted by Kazzurak (366 posts) -
@ZeForgotten: Yeah Libertiner is his latest album, and its a solo album, but yeah i don't go to after parties (2 months and a few days and i turn 18 :O), but the real question is, is he doing concerts for money or is he writing songs for money?
#33 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Kazzurak said:
" @ZeForgotten: Yeah Libertiner is his latest album, and its a solo album, but yeah i don't go to after parties (2 months and a few days and i turn 18 :O), but the real question is, is he doing concerts for money or is he writing songs for money? "
Sounded to us like it was writing songs for the money.  
He's was more concerned about people buying his album than the lack of people showing up at the last concert we went to. 
#34 Edited by JacDG (2114 posts) -

Danes! I'm going to raise your LOC with UFO Yepha. Don't really like Danish music, this is some of the more tolerable. EDIT:  Early Carpark North is also okay. 

#35 Posted by rflx (573 posts) -

Danes indeed! I just thought of another song I quite enjoy. I'm not usually a fan of Nephew, but I really like this song of theirs.
It almost doesn't count though, as half the song is in english, but whatevs!

#36 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

tokyo drift of course!  well this is the only song i know in Japanese and i really hate this song...
#37 Posted by Vigil (231 posts) -
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
"   
  tokyo drift of course!  well this is the only song i know in Japanese and i really hate this song... "
That song really is fucking horrible.
#38 Posted by Ben99 (1135 posts) -
@Vigil said:

" @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

"   

tokyo drift of course!  well this is the only song i know in Japanese and i really hate this song... "
That song really is fucking awesome. "
#39 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

English here and i choose:

I LUV IT WEN U CALL MEH BIG POPPAA
#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

#41 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

I guess that would be Finnish then, and my pick would be Moonsorrow. Not a Youtube friendly band thanks to their long songs. 

#42 Posted by AlexW00d (6182 posts) -

I wish I was Norwegian so I could post black metal. :( 

#43 Posted by Bollard (5248 posts) -

If only this thread was favourite song NOT in your native language! Then I could post Galneryus - "This Poem Uninterrupted..."  

Or "Shining Moments," either way.

#44 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (864 posts) -

Norwegian here, so... you are expecting black metal, right? WRONG! Kaisers Orchestra is most definitely my favorite Norwegian band. The fact that the singer sings in his local dialect is pretty awesome I think. Here is my favorite live performance of their most known song. That whole show kicks ass. 

#45 Posted by Kazzurak (366 posts) -
@Chavtheworld: If it were favourite song not in your native language odds are that 95% would be english and there's no fun in that :)
#46 Posted by kemp (53 posts) -

Swedish-Finnish but im going with two songs from Sweden since I do not listen to a lot of music from Finland.  First, "Huvudet I Sanden" by "Familjen" and second "Fel del av gården" by "Movits!"

#47 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Erm seeing as Im English it's a pretty hard choice. At the moment probably this:   

Such a lovely Drum and Bass track.
#48 Posted by Bollard (5248 posts) -
@Kazzurak said:
" @Chavtheworld: If it were favourite song not in your native language odds are that 95% would be english and there's no fun in that :) "
Wait, so you think that 95% of people on GB don't speak English as their first language?!
#49 Edited by Icemael (6312 posts) -
#50 Posted by Kazzurak (366 posts) -
@Chavtheworld: Yeah that wasn't thought through i were more thinking if it was all time favourite kinda, so all not english natives would pick english songs and hadn't thought through it with english having to pick other language songs