Game of Thrones: Season 3 - The Thread

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Liked the last episode, yeah it was a bit fast (It felt really short), but they're setting up some great stuff. I really like the Margery stuff, in the books she's not as well depicted (mostly because it's all from other character's perspectives), in this you can totally see her growing into the smooth operator she is, which makes later stuff make a lot more sense. Really like the Queen of Thorns as well, she's one of my favourite characters in the books, although I think she could be even more blunt and cynical in the show. Can't wait for the new Danny stuff, the upcoming slave army scene is probably my favourite scene of the whole series. I agree the Brienne/Jaime dynamic is brilliant in the series, pretty much perfect, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is fucking phenomenal as Jaime. Really wish they'd get to the good Arya stuff though, she's probably my favourite part of the books.

My one criticism is that Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran) aged a ton between this series and the last, even his voice changed, so it's a bit jarring, although not much they could have done about puberty.

Iwan Rheon (Simon from MisFits) as the Bastard is gonna be sensational as well.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY shit.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

Well, that was unexpected.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By Jams

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

wait, did I miss oh right. I forgot about that already and I just got done watching. That's going to be interesting going forward. We're talking about the same thing right

Give me a "high-five" if we are.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

wait, did I miss oh right. I forgot about that already and I just got done watching. That's going to be interesting going forward. We're talking about the same thing right

Sorry...I can't.

I seem to have lost the ability.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I saw that end coming, but man was it still shocking.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By gla55jAw

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Sorry...I can't.

I'll give Jamie a hand for helping out Brienne.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Sorry...I can't.

I thought I would be able to grasp Jamie as a character, but now I feel like I can't get a proper handle on the situation.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Sorry...I can't.

I thought I would be able to grasp Jamie as a character, but now I feel like I can't get a proper handle on the situation.

I don't know if we're still doing joshing here, but I kinda don't hate Jamie that much since he's been with Brienne...and I just remembered he murdered his cousin to escape. We'll see what happens from here.

Pachtar_Klepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

dafuq

JNeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiit man.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jams

@gla55jaw said:

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Sorry...I can't.

I don't know if we're still doing joshing here, but I kinda don't hate Jamie that much since he's been with Brienne...and I just remembered he murdered his cousin to escape. We'll see what happens from here.

both for me :) I'm that good. Feel the same as you. He's done some pretty bad things so far including pushing a kid off of a tower to his death for seeing him bone down on his sister. That's pretty hard to come back from. Let alone killing your cousin to escape.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like what they're doing with Theon. They should've saved it for another season and given more breathing room for everything else.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Sorry...I can't.

both for me :) I'm that good. Feel the same as you. He's done some pretty bad things so far including pushing a kid off of a tower to his death for seeing him bone down on his sister. That's pretty hard to come back from. Let alone killing your cousin to escape.

I gotta hand it to the guy. He's a terrible person but I like him quite a bit. Even Tywin is likeable. Cercei and Joffrey can still go fuck themselves (or, in Lannister fashion, eachother) however. I really like that they're starting to show the evil on both sides of the war.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've gotta hand it to Jaime Lannister, dude has his honourable moments.

I'm so, so sorry.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

that was one of the things i accidentally spoiled for myself when i thought looking through forums and wikis was at all a safe thing to do.

still, HOLY FUCKING SHITTTTTTTHNNNNNNGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSTHATMUSTSTING

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

That ending was fucked up! Still more fucked up and cringe worthy was the "I'm gonna fuck you into the dirt" line, uuuggggghhhh....

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#118  Edited By project343

@theht said:

that was one of the things i accidentally spoiled for myself when i thought looking through forums and wikis was at all a safe thing to do.

Fairly minor thing to spoil in the grand scheme of things. :)

The why, the how, and the 'what this might do to his character' are far more interesting things to explore.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

Fairly minor thing to spoil in the grand scheme of things. :)

The why, the how, and the 'what this might do to his character' are far more interesting things to explore.

ok, that's good to hear. the other thing i accidentally spoiled for myself is a big thing to do with catelyn. hopefully that's it and i can be properly surprised by other shit this season. the momentum sure is picking up.

also, i think i know what dany's hatching, clever girl.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By inkerman

Goddam I can't wait for Danny to pull off her plan, it's fucking sweet. Really interested to see where they take the Bastard as well. Also, is it just me, or is Littlefinger going to the Eyrie way earlier than usual?

@aegon said:

I don't like what they're doing with Theon. They should've saved it for another season and given more breathing room for everything else.

The thing is they could have, what's happening now isn't in the books (which does make it pretty interesting I guess). In the books they just sort of 'skip' to the end result, and you're not sure quite how they got there.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Aegon

@inkerman said:

Goddam I can't wait for Danny to pull off her plan, it's fucking sweet. Really interested to see where they take the Bastard as well. Also, is it just me, or is Littlefinger going to the Eyrie way earlier than usual?

@aegon said:

The thing is they could have, what's happening now isn't in the books (which does make it pretty interesting I guess). In the books they just sort of 'skip' to the end result, and you're not sure quite how they got there.

The way it was revealed in the book was much more exciting. It was one of the best moments in the entire series. If this whole thing where "Yara" comes to the rescue right away somehow, because she magically was informed that he was being kept by the Boltons, is what it looks like, then it'll just end up feeling like a worse shift in the story. Ramsay being killed off like that is just so freaking weird.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Benny

@aegon: Ramsay being killed?

@inkerman: Also potential spoilers in your post about Dany there.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123  Edited By Nux

I must say that last scene was handled very nicely.

Damn that was crazy and came out of no where

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked how they handled the Jaime scene. even though I've read the books I kinda thought the were gonna puss out on the hand choppage, then wham!. i also thought the actor playing him did a good job portraying the horror of Jaime losing his sword hand. I thought the scenes with pod were kinda cheesy and out of place though. Finally hearing "the bear and the maiden fair" was another highlight (punk version and all). was that guy torturing theon confirmed to be Ramsay snow? Cuz I didn't think it was him but others do, I would be a little disappointed if so.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@aegon said:

Yup, it's overkill, we're wasting precious time watching Theon get tortured in scenes they've just made up for the show, when there's so much good content from the books they could be elaborating on. Other than that I think the show is still fantastic. Also The Bear and the Maiden Fair in the credits made myself and three other fans of the books cheer like crazy while the people who hadn't read them looked very confused.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seancoughing: The guy that released him and then shot and killed the dudes chasing him was Ramsay Snow.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny said:

@seancoughing: The guy that released him and then shot and killed the dudes chasing him was Ramsay Snow.

yup no one else could be that cold.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny Oh ok they threw me for a loop as soon as the whole theon stuff started happening, considering I'm currently reading book 5 and they've only mentioned theon like once in the 3rd book.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Benny

@seancoughing: @gaminghooligan: My hope is that it's some kind of sick game on Ramsay's part before he gets to flaying Theon. He's known to release female prisoners and have his dogs hunt them in the books before feeding them to the dogs and naming the dogs after their lunch.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny said:

@seancoughing: @gaminghooligan: My hope is that it's some kind of sick game on Ramsay's part before he gets to flaying Theon. He's known to release female prisoners and have his dogs hunt them in the books before feeding them to the dogs and naming the dogs after their lunch.

I was a bit confused about this adaptation from the books myself, but yes, I think Ramsay is just fucking with Theon at this point.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny said:

I was a bit confused about this adaptation from the books myself, but yes, I think Ramsay is just fucking with Theon at this point.

totally. I think they hinted at it pretty hard with the "You little bastard." line from the guard that got an arrow lodged in his brain.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Pretty great episode this week. Was not expecting that ending. My favorite part was the small council meeting. There we see the cast of characters playing the game of thrones without even saying a word and it is glorious. Still love this show. Can't wait to see more.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: The way they pulled the chairs across the room was just glorious.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#134 Marino  Staff

Like others have said, I knew that Jamie was going to lose a hand, but I didn't know the context of when, how, where, etc. When I saw him lying there on the table like that, I was like "Oh shit...this has gotta be it." Still shocking though.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

God damn, Nathalie Emmanuel.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000 said:

Did anyone else think her acting was completely terrible? The bit after Dany buys her I was just shouting "SHOW SOME FUCKING EMOTION, STOP TALKING IN MONOTONE"

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By OfficeGamer

COULD YOU PEOPLE PLEASE, WHEN YOU USE A SPOILER TAG, TELL US WHETHER YOU'RE SPOILING THE LATEST EPISODE/PAST EPISODES, OR SOMETHING FROM THE BOOKS TO BE SEEN IN FUTURE EPISODES ETC.

I mean fuck, this thread is like a mine field.

Anyway, that ending was totally bananas. I mean this is Jamie, he's cool and invincible, he just got his HAND chopped of. This isn't Star Wars, no more sword fights for this guy! Really loved how he saved the big woman though, her screams were painful.

Can anyone tell me who Theon's captivators were and who the guy who saved him from them was? The whole Theon shindig from the moment he rode to capture Winterfell until now is one big mess in my head. One moment he's burning Winterfell and killing its residents, the next moment he's surrounded/has to flee/his men betray him/he's a prisoner/WTF

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramone said:

@fattony12000 said:

Did anyone else think her acting was completely terrible? The bit after Dany buys her I was just shouting "SHOW SOME FUCKING EMOTION, STOP TALKING IN MONOTONE"

Not really, considering she's a slave.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Benny

@officegamer: Sorry, I assume that this thread is considered 'up to date' with the show, meaning anything in spoiler tags is beyond where the show is, although book talk probably shouldn't even be in this thread.

You'll learn more about the guy who let theon go later on. It's the same dude that let him go who shot those dudes with a bow also, although it was probably not that obvious unless you were keeping an eye out for the actor.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny: Cool thanks.

Also here's the case in point - people using spoiler tags for things that happened in the latest episode even though this thread is dedicated to discussing that very episode.. here:

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Sorry...I can't.

@ramone said:

@fattony12000 said:

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny: Cool thanks.

Also here's the case in point - people using spoiler tags for things that happened in the latest episode even though this thread is dedicated to discussing that very episode.. here:

@mariachimacabre said:

@jams said:

@gla55jaw said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Sorry...I can't.

@ramone said:

@fattony12000 said:

Don't blame us for talking about the show. Blame the people talking about things in the latest book when the thread is about the third season of the show, which is adapted from the third book. There's a reason I barely come to this thread, despite wanting to. Every single post is about the damn books.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and that's the point jaime starts becoming pretty likeable (for a child-tossing-from-tower miscreant :) )

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Really glad HBO decided to break up the third book into two separate seasons, buy maybe breaking it into three seasons would have served the show better.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By ripelivejam

also obligatory:

No Caption Provided

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Leptok

Can anyone tell me who Theon's captivators were and who the guy who saved him from them was? The whole Theon shindig from the moment he rode to capture Winterfell until now is one big mess in my head. One moment he's burning Winterfell and killing its residents, the next moment he's surrounded/has to flee/his men betray him/he's a prisoner/WTF

They are the same people, he likes to fuck with his prisoners, giving them hope that they can escape and then punishing them for trying, etc. He's Roose Bolton's bastard son, Ramsay. Roose talks to Rob about how his bastard can gather some men and retake Winterfell last season. Theon's men knocked him out and gave him up so they could escape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nu280lSyWKk#t=309s

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Kohe321

Having read the books and not having to worry about spoilers is the way to go! :D

Last episode was good. I think S3 has started kind of weak, but they finally got some sense of momentum going now.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By ripelivejam

@leptok said:

@officegamer said:

They are the same people, he likes to fuck with his prisoners, giving them hope that they can escape and then punishing them for trying, etc. He's Roose Bolton's bastard son, Ramsay. Roose talks to Rob about how his bastard can gather some men and retake Winterfell last season. Theon's men knocked him out and gave him up so they could escape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nu280lSyWKk#t=309s

book spoiler (sort of) i like how they're showing the things that happened to theon firsthand and they're building up the bastard to be a crazy fuck. i'm guessing this is to replace that they didn't have him last season and had all the fucked up crap with him taking the identity of reek/getting reek killed, then suggesting to theon to kill the farm boys, and tricking him in the end

it is getting a bit much to follow/too jumbled i agree

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#148  Edited By alternate

This thread is terrible :-P

Between

"Wah, this show is shit, they made small changes from the books", to

"Wah, books 4 and 5 are shit anyway", via

"I read the book so I am going to drop hints about spoilers for those who have not".

If you are watching the show and don't want to be spoiled I would avoid this thread like the plague.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy fucking shit. I know I say that alot, but holy fucking shit.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By FengShuiGod

This show is real fun as long as you don't think about it.