• 100 results
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

For real, dont you dare get sucked in by those commercials, this aint netflix folks, this is the worst service you'll ever encounter. 

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Mrnitropb

Care to elaborate?

Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AmericanPegasus

Netlflix on the other hand, kicks all sorts of ass.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shawn

Sucked in by their commercials? Their commercials suck.

Avatar image for cleverloginname
CleverLoginName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CleverLoginName

Hard to be worst then blockbuster, you have to go to them and 8 bucks for 3 days... forget that.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive

the first month is okay. then straight down hill from there.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Their commercials suck but im still interested to see service but I hear they only have 3 headquarters national and the faster they could get a game to me would be a day or two so forget it.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Demyx

How so?Why do you hate it?

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shocker

I always wanted to try it out. What's wrong with the service?

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By albedos_shadow

I hate how long it takes for the games to get to you, but I like the fact that you can then buy them for dirt-cheap afterwards. I haven't bought a game from anywhere else since I started Gamefly.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By whackmypinata
albedos_shadow said:
"I hate how long it takes for the games to get to you, but I like the fact that you can then buy them for dirt-cheap afterwards. I haven't bought a game from anywhere else since I started Gamefly."
Do you think that the monthly service compensates for the dirt cheap prices of games afterwards?
I thought so, and that's why I cancelled my subscription. Half of the subscription is downtime unless you keep a game for a month.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By suneku

I live driving distance from one of their warehouses so it only takes a day for me.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karmum

Yeah, none of the game distributors online I have heard of are good. I only know GameFly and GameznFlix, I use GameznFlix, but they don't have new games. But when they ship a game, it takes 3-4 days. Nothing later. $18/mo for 3 games out at a time.

Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Foil_Charizard

I've never had a problem, the Discs are always here in a few days and they ship the next game on your que the same day you mail back your currently rented game. What's your problem with them?

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TEAMHOLT

Your mileage may vary, but that man has reason to be upset with the service.

The only way to get the game you actually want sometimes is to make damn sure it's the only game on your list, or they'll just send you whatever they feel like sending you. That'd be understandable if everything above the game you ended up being sent had low availability, but sometimes games will be listed as medium or high and they'll still send you something from the bottom of your list.

That said, being able to keep get brand-new games you've rented for below retail price, as well as the prices of their used games, is pretty neat.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By fr0br0

Games ship to me in about 2 days. I'm perfectly happy with it. Don't know what your problem is...

Avatar image for ultimate_pwr_rngr
Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10 times better than blockbuster.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I just use mycokerewards and rent games with the points from blockbuster. 

KR3W619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KR3W619

Its better if you get a gamecard at Blockbuster

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I find it suspicious the TC made a controversial statement without explaining his position. Almost as if he/she was.. oh what's the word for it... ah yes. Trolling.

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Major

I liked their service overall. All deliveries came within 1-2 business days. When I was subbed I had a ton of free time so I would go threw 6 or 7 games a month.
The only thing I didn't like was the queue and the availability of games. They would send me a rpg at the bottom of my list when I wanted a quick and easy game at the top.

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DXSSI

I once tried GameFly on a 2-game-out, 10-day free trial.  It took 8 days for the first game to arrive.  It took 13 days for the second.  Needless to say I was on the phone to complain well in advance of the expiration of the trial, and they didn't charge me anything, so at they at least have that going for them.  Still, I'd never try them again unless they opened a nearby distribution center.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Hmm.. I usually get my games in 2-3 days.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By whackmypinata
Karmum said:
"Yeah, none of the game distributors online I have heard of are good. I only know GameFly and GameznFlix, I use GameznFlix, but they don't have new games. But when they ship a game, it takes 3-4 days. Nothing later. $18/mo for 3 games out at a time."
Seriously? I was paying $15.95 a month for one at a time?
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TwoOneFive

i would go 1 to 2 weeks without games in my house from them. more than half the time the games would mysterious get lost in the mail, even though whenever i sent them back they always recieved them with in 2 days. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive

for some reason it keeps cutting off my posts. i wrote like 5 sentences in that last one. ugh, its crap thats all you need to kno, don't try i promise you will hate it. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Karmum
whackmypinata said:
"Karmum said:
"Yeah, none of the game distributors online I have heard of are good. I only know GameFly and GameznFlix, I use GameznFlix, but they don't have new games. But when they ship a game, it takes 3-4 days. Nothing later. $18/mo for 3 games out at a time."
Seriously? I was paying $15.95 a month for one at a time?"
18/month for 3 games out, but I beware you, it is not worth it. Yeah, getting my games in 3 days is great, but there are no new games, and the new games either suck/will take months for you to get.

I'd go for GameFly, but the thing is it is 18/month or something for two games. Two? But my question is, when the new games come out, are they immediately ready to be shipped to you? Or do you wait awhile?

That being said, I live in NJ, good chance of shipping to be relatively quick?
chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#28  Edited By chronicsmoke

Ive been with gamefly for 2 years and love it whats your problem with them?

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Batman

I have no idea what you're talking about dude.  I've had Gamefly for a year and I love it.  Because of Gamefly I didn't have to miss out on a single big game this year.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Karmum
Batman said:
"I have no idea what you're talking about dude.  I've had Gamefly for a year and I love it.  Because of Gamefly I didn't have to miss out on a single big game this year."
Can you answer me two questions? It is 18/month? Well, several more. Me being in South New Jersey, good chance I would have no problem with games coming back and forth? And when new games are released, how long do you have to wait?
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By whackmypinata
Karmum said:
"whackmypinata said:
"Karmum said:
Seriously? I was paying $15.95 a month for one at a time?"
18/month for 3 games out, but I beware you, it is not worth it. Yeah, getting my games in 3 days is great, but there are no new games, and the new games either suck/will take months for you to get.

I'd go for GameFly, but the thing is it is 18/month or something for two games. Two? But my question is, when the new games come out, are they immediately ready to be shipped to you? Or do you wait awhile?

That being said, I live in NJ, good chance of shipping to be relatively quick?"
I saw it was 22.95 for 2 games out a time, if it's 18/month I would hop on that bandwagon..
Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Batman
Karmum said:
"Batman said:
"I have no idea what you're talking about dude.  I've had Gamefly for a year and I love it.  Because of Gamefly I didn't have to miss out on a single big game this year."
Can you answer me two questions? It is 18/month? Well, several more. Me being in South New Jersey, good chance I would have no problem with games coming back and forth? And when new games are released, how long do you have to wait?"
I pay $25/month (taxes included) for 2 games out at a time.  The games ship from Pittsburgh so in New Jersey you should get them pretty quick.  I live in south central PA and I get them in about 2 days.  When you send a game back the post office will alert Gamefly right away and they'll usually send you a new game on that day.  If you want a brand new game, send back your old game a few days before it comes out and make sure that the new game is the only game in your que.  You'll probably have it within 2 days after release.  Just make sure that the game you want is the only game in your que and you'll be pretty much gaurenteed to get it.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Karmum

I was talking about GameznFlix, it is actually $17/month for 3 games.

Oh, screwed up on my part. Yeah, it is like $23/month for 2 games. That is crazy.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pause422

its all about every user's experience I guess, I've had it for a loooong ass time, and I always get my games in 1-2 days max and I have never got the wrong one, I've had excellent service, and I love em , Its Blockbuster that sucks.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Batman
Karmum said:
"I was talking about GameznFlix, it is actually $17/month for 3 games.

Oh, screwed up on my part. Yeah, it is like $23/month for 2 games. That is crazy."
I've never heard of GameznFlix.  Do they have new games?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Karmum
Batman said:
"Karmum said:

Oh, screwed up on my part. Yeah, it is like $23/month for 2 games. That is crazy."
I've never heard of GameznFlix.  Do they have new games?"
Not day one releases, fuck, they don't even have games out from like a month ago. If they are new, they won't be available to me for awhile. Makes me wonder who has them. ;\

Ugh, I'm tempted to tell convince my mother to go from that to GameFly. GameznFlix also has DVDs, Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD. But, none of them are really updated.
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By whackmypinata
Karmum said:

I've heard bad things about GameznFlix.
@Batman: GamezNFlix is a Game and Movie rental service. They do have new games, but I heard the downtime is ridiculous and much worse than GameFly. However, I have had no experiences with them. Do any Gameznflix subscribers want to provide any feedback?
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Demyx

I wanted gamefly, but I don't have the time other than summers to be able to finish the games quick enough.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Batman

Yeah, I mainly use Gamefly  to play all of the new releases and I use Comcast to watch movies. 

KR3W619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KR3W619

I once got a dvd instead of a game i wanted with gameznflix and they were so slow at sending me games

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Karmum

Like I said, I'm a subscriber there. If there are new games, they take forever to even become the available. The older games, might take a day or two to be ready, then will be shipped to you probably in 3-4 days. Best part about the shitty service.

18/month for 3 games, I wonder why. =\

If you are not interested in new games, I'd get it. I'm considering to tell my mom we should go to GameznFlix. They even have PSP/DS games. -_-

If they had PC, I'd be there in a heartbeat. For instance, on Gameznflix, Halo 3 has been listed as "Short Wait/Ready to Ship" since I registered in November, I have had it on my list since August, same status. Bullshit.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By crunchUK

i just walk into the shop and buy it no fancy lah di dah SHIT

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Clean

I have had bad experiences with gamefly. One time, they charge me like 120 bucks for 3 games that didn't get returned which was bullshit b/c they got lost in the mail. I mean and they always sent me games that were on my que but not the ones I really wanted. I hate Gamefly.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Karmum
Clean said:
"I have had bad experiences with gamefly. One time, they charge me like 120 bucks for 3 games that didn't get returned which was bullshit b/c they got lost in the mail. I mean and they always sent me games that were on my que but not the ones I really wanted. I hate Gamefly."
That is the thing I worry about, lost in the mail experiences.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TwoOneFive

well i live in philly and games were taking atleast 4 days to ship sometimes over a week and many times they just got lost in mail. i figured yeah its in pittsburgh they should be here in no time! nah. not at all. my friend tried it out too, same issues. 

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By whackmypinata
Karmum said:
"Like I said, I'm a subscriber there. If there are new games, they take forever to even become the available. The older games, might take a day or two to be ready, then will be shipped to you probably in 3-4 days. Best part about the shitty service.

If you are not interested in new games, I'd get it. I'm considering to tell my mom we should go to GameznFlix. They even have PSP/DS games. -_-

If they had PC, I'd be there in a heartbeat. For instance, on Gameznflix, Halo 3 has been listed as "Short Wait/Ready to Ship" since I registered in November, I have had it on my list since August, same status. Bullshit."
I still don't understand how you have 18/month for 3 games.
rockstar428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By rockstar428

i love it, when a new game i want is about to come out i send a game back and clear my que for that game and have always gotten that game a day or two after it releases, did it with GTA4, boom blox, guitar hero aerosmith, bad company, plus some others and plan to do it again in the next two weeks with madden and too human

Avatar image for semicolon1twlev2
semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By semicolon1twlev2
CleverLoginName said:
"Hard to be worst then blockbuster, you have to go to them and 8 bucks for 3 days... forget that."
We've got Family Video.  Kick ass rental place, if I do say so myself.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Karmum
whackmypinata said:
"Karmum said:
"Like I said, I'm a subscriber there. If there are new games, they take forever to even become the available. The older games, might take a day or two to be ready, then will be shipped to you probably in 3-4 days. Best part about the shitty service.

If they had PC, I'd be there in a heartbeat. For instance, on Gameznflix, Halo 3 has been listed as "Short Wait/Ready to Ship" since I registered in November, I have had it on my list since August, same status. Bullshit."
I still don't understand how you have 18/month for 3 games."
No new games, that is why. It sounds like a deal, but old 360 games that are like a year old plus over games. It sucks.

Getting GameFly all but confirmed. My mom is like "Alright, just make sure it is what you want and the other one doesn't nail us with a cancel fee."

GF better be good.