Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Commando
Gunner said:
Clinton did that at a time when america had a huge surplus, then when dubbya took office, he cut taxes and increased spending which just added fuel to the fire. Im not putting the blame on bush but making tax cuts and increasing spending during the time that he did, and then CONTINUING TO DO SO when we were in debt is just a fucking stupid move. "
I agree but...
Isn't that what Obama's doing right now? I'm writing a blog right now about this, as well as a paper for school. It'll be up in the next hour. So I'll have my sources posted there too. But from my research, Obama's average spending so far is about 6.5 billion dollars a day on average. If he continues at this rate, his deficit will be even greater than W's, which was about 5.3 billion a day.(I'll have more precise numbers in my blog, as well as yearly debt).
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Gunner
Commando said:
"Gunner said:
Clinton did that at a time when america had a huge surplus, then when dubbya took office, he cut taxes and increased spending which just added fuel to the fire. Im not putting the blame on bush but making tax cuts and increasing spending during the time that he did, and then CONTINUING TO DO SO when we were in debt is just a fucking stupid move. "
I agree but...
Isn't that what Obama's doing right now? I'm writing a blog right now about this, as well as a paper for school. It'll be up in the next hour. So I'll have my sources posted there too. But from my research, Obama's average spending so far is about 6.5 billion dollars a day on average. If he continues at this rate, his deficit will be even greater than W's, which was about 5.3 billion a day.(I'll have more precise numbers in my blog, as well as yearly debt).
"
Im pretty sure obama is going to greatly increase taxes for the upper class and slightly increase it for the lower/middle class. Even then im not sure if that would help very much, taxes only go so far.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Snipzor
Commando said:
"Gunner said:
I agree but...
"
Technically your number includes the Omnibus spending Bush never did, the actual budget and the stimulus. These aren't exactly regular circumstances.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Geno

Well he just approved stem cell research so that's a 100% approve by me.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Commando
Snipzor said:
"Commando said:
"Gunner said:
I agree but...
"
Technically your number includes the Omnibus spending Bush never did, the actual budget and the stimulus. These aren't exactly regular circumstances."
No, my number is from what has actually been passed. The omnibus spending bill has not been enacted yet. It has been passed by the house, and now the senate is looking at it. My number does not include the omnibus spending bill or Obama's recent $634 billion to jump start health care.
My number is from the united states treasury
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Snipzor
Geno said:
"Well he just approved stem cell research so that's a 100% approve by me. "
Specifically it was the unbanning of embryonic stem cells, which are much more effective than regular stem cells. But I'm sure the mass majority of the population approve of this decision.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Snipzor
Commando said:
"Snipzor said:
"Commando said:
"Gunner said:
I agree but...
"
Technically your number includes the Omnibus spending Bush never did, the actual budget and the stimulus. These aren't exactly regular circumstances."
No, my number is from what has actually been passed. The omnibus spending bill has not been enacted yet. It has been passed by the house, and now the senate is looking at it.
"
Are you sure, the recent Omnibus spending program was a substitute of what should have been done last year. I might be slightly wrong though, because the treasury is in such shambles it is tougher to track where everything is being allocated.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Commando
Snipzor said:
No, my number is from what has actually been passed. The omnibus spending bill has not been enacted yet. It has been passed by the house, and now the senate is looking at it.
"
Are you sure, the recent Omnibus spending program was a substitute of what should have been done last year. I might be slightly wrong though, because the treasury is in such shambles it is tougher to track where everything is being allocated."
"The senate will soon look at it"
The treasury only tracks money that it has spent. It can't spend money on a bill that hasn't been approved yet.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I think this government needs to listen to people that understand economics. Not listen to people with party agenda's. : / 

dualityofman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By dualityofman

How about a "meh, it's a bit too soon" option?

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By ManlyBeast

Hes just as bad bush so far. Spending money they don't have.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Diamond

As far as economy alone : I wish the government would actually step in a bit more.  Take over control of AIG.  This would hurt the stock market and a very small number of rich people would get upset, but it'd be better for the nation as a whole.  The problem is, the Democrats no longer follow their ideals as they used to.  They're almost as sold out to big business as the Republicans.

Other social issues / world relations : A huge improvement over the Bush policies.  Pro-science.  Not intentionally ruining international relations for bad reasons.

Overall approve, but I wish he'd do more and step on more toes.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By BoG
Snipzor said:
"Geno said:
"Well he just approved stem cell research so that's a 100% approve by me. "
Specifically it was the unbanning of embryonic stem cells, which are much more effective than regular stem cells. But I'm sure the mass majority of the population approve of this decision."
Correction: There is more potential in embryonic stem cells.
Bill_Hickz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By Bill_Hickz

After him reversing the govt. funding ban on stem cell research. He got 100% approval rating from me. Science is the priority and banning funds to some of the best minds in the world is criminal and proves that the Bush Crew heads were filled with 1000 year old religious crap. Remove religion from public schools and the govt. there is no need for it in this day and age, cant people see religion is whats keeping this world apart and preventing the human race from evolving to better thinking.Commando said:

"Wolverine said:
"I like Obama but am some what worried about the stimulus package. I still approve of him though. "
The stimulus package will be the death of us. All it will do is prolong the recession, and in the end make it worse because of inflation.
"
I dont see why a stimulus package is so bad, it just depends where the funds are allocated, invest in housing, agriculture, convert the auto industry into a green industry by mass producing efficient solar panels and cleaner cars that people can actually afford as Gas is gonna skyrocket during this depression, which means there will be alot of demand.
justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By justinnotjason

I completely disapprove of the way he's handling the economy. They keep referring to how they want to bring the economy back to the way it was and how they're putting through all this money to try and do it.

Completely idiotic to want to return to an economic bubble that was that absurdly big. It all looks good during the bubble (to the laymen) and then it bursts and the shit hits the fan. The best metaphor I heard for the current economy and the stimulus is it's like giving someone a blood transfusion while they're gushing blood.

All this moneys going to do nothing if you don't fix the underlying cause. If you're economy's fucked up, you're in massive debt, and you're printing money out of thin air, why would people have faith? Fix the system and stop throwing money at the problem. Given the democrat tilt in the government right now though, he'll have to throw alot of money at the problem before anyone questions it.

There's a reason why people who can't afford homes/mortgages shouldn't be approved for them. Giving them houses/mortgages with the hopes they'll be able to pay them was an idiotic move - but then this issue apparently dates back to JFK's administration.

Besides that my approval will be hard to win for him. I don't much care for the current political scene where there's either Neo-Cons or bleeding heart liberals. It's insane where the parties have ended up; and I believe he was only elected because - A. He's black, so when he said change people were more inclined to believe it, B. Clinton didn't have the bravado to be elected (I think alot of ppl view her as a bitch). C. People were fed up with Republicans.

Beyond that, idk. I only half support pulling out of Iraq. We're hemoraging money over there in a fruitless effort but honestly leaving them high and dry like that will only have a backlash in the end. Even then he's not stopping the money hemorage, he's just redistributing the troops to Afghanistan.

Stem Cell Research, eh I could go either way really. Notice that the research hadn't stopped it was only harvesting the cells from ovaries that was outlawed. I support the research in general.

It's still really early but overall I disapprove of him, and I don't know that his polcies will help us for the better.

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By justinnotjason
Bill_Hickz said:
"After him reversing the govt. funding ban on stem cell research. He got 100% approval rating from me. Science is the priority and banning funds to some of the best minds in the world is criminal and proves that the Bush Crew heads were filled with 1000 year old religious crap. Remove religion from public schools and the govt. there is no need for it in this day and age, cant people see religion is whats keeping this world apart and preventing the human race from evolving to better thinking.Commando said:
"Wolverine said:
"I like Obama but am some what worried about the stimulus package. I still approve of him though. "
The stimulus package will be the death of us. All it will do is prolong the recession, and in the end make it worse because of inflation.
"
I dont see why a stimulus package is so bad, it just depends where the funds are allocated, invest in housing, agriculture, convert the auto industry into a green industry by mass producing efficient solar panels and cleaner cars that people can actually afford as Gas is gonna skyrocket during this depression, which means there will be alot of demand."
The problem is the stimulus package is giving money to a problem that hasn't been fixed. It's like if your cars leaking oil, you can keep dumping oil in it, and it'll run. It'll run shitty, but it'll run. But the problem is you keep adding oil. Same concept, except the economy won't keep running while leaking it'll get worse. You can keep sending in billions and billions of dollars, but the fact remains it won't work.

The bailout is as it sounds, a bailout. You're inevitably bailing out 'water' of a sinking ship. While your efforts may keep it afloat temporarily, in the end if you don't fix the leak the ship will sink.
Meanwhile, while all this money is leaking out, inflation sky rockets, people lose jobs, the money people do have is now worthless, nobody can afford squat. So what happens when people lose their jobs, money becomes less valuable, and prices go up? People stop buying stuff. What happens then? Stocks tank, investors stop investing and the cycle perpetuates.

Your investment in cleaner cars is great, but whose going to buy them? The guy who has no job, or the guy who has a job but his/her $50,000 salary just lost a chunk of it's value due to inflation. Or the guy who wants a loan for the car but the banks won't because they're to busy spending their bailout money on buying other banks.

It's a vicious cycle.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By BiggerBomb
Snipzor said:
"oldschool said:
"Why?  He was swept into power on a massive of popularity.  It isn't likely to evaporate in 6 months.  Plus, all the problems in your economy are inherited for Dubya's 8 years, so it isn't as if sudden unemployment is directed at Obama."
Clearly you don't watch Fox News."

President Obama is also responsible for Vietnam.
stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By stokes

By the end of this year, there is going to be a change in the way the US is run.  I have a feeling Obama is going to get the rep for this happening, even though he won't have had a thing to do with it.  This is 100+ years of scams coming back to bite us in the ass.  Just wait and see.