Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#151  Edited By Little_Socrates

I personally still prefer the sharper nose on Brad to the more rounded one you've gone for in the newest Brad update, but the hairline and angle change are noticeable and are improvements to what I thought could not be improved. Don't worry about comparing yourself to Supernormal, as you're going for completely different design styles, and yours is much more true-to-Soejima and will take significantly longer as a result.

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Jimbo7676

Great work man. Once you get a final version you should get a high res poster print mailed to them. It would go on the wall for sure.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#153  Edited By Thoseposers

probably the biggest gripe i have with both persona projects is that no one seems to have noticed that the original characters all have a gradient to their skin color

for example:

No Caption Provided

you can see that the bottom of her chin has a much darker skin tone than her forehead

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Maajin

@Thoseposers said:

probably the biggest gripe i have with both persona projects is that no one seems to have noticed that the original characters all have a gradient to their skin color

for example:

No Caption Provided

you can see that the bottom of her chin has a much darker skin tone than her forehead

But both are totally doing the gradient thing!

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#155  Edited By Thoseposers

@Maajin: after examining very closely some of them kind of are but not at all to the extent that the originals are, maybe try kicking it up a notch?

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#156  Edited By daiphyer

You chose the best picture of Ryan. Bravo, this is fantastic.

solusimpar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By solusimpar

x collaboration?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#158  Edited By fobwashed
No Caption Provided

Had time to do a bit of body work for Brad. It's missing an American Eagle logo and I may move the pocket to the left some more. . . oh, and arms, he doesn't have arms yet. I'll get on that next time =) Oh, and I changed the lighting on him a bit but forgot to fix the shading on the ears. . . hopefully I'll catch it next time =P

@skyboost said:

Like I asked the other guy who did giant bomb x persona artwork, where can I see more of your work? You're really talented!

Umm. . . I'm on instagram under fobwashed and I used to putz with a deviantart page but lately, I haven't been doin much since I don't have the time -_-;;

@Brenderous said:

I think I like these ones better than those other ones from that other thread.

Thanks =P I think we're just workin in somewhat slightly different styles. I'm just trying to emulate someone else so I don't really have my own when it comes to this anime type stuff =)

@Little_Socrates said:

I personally still prefer the sharper nose on Brad to the more rounded one you've gone for in the newest Brad update, but the hairline and angle change are noticeable and are improvements to what I thought could not be improved. Don't worry about comparing yourself to Supernormal, as you're going for completely different design styles, and yours is much more true-to-Soejima and will take significantly longer as a result.

I may go back to the angular nose as I haven't seen anything of Soejima's that are that curvy nose wise -_-;; Everything is always completely changable so we'll see =)

@Thoseposers said:

@Maajin: after examining very closely some of them kind of are but not at all to the extent that the originals are, maybe try kicking it up a notch?

I'm sorta focusing on the main layout before I try too hard with the details of the coloring, but I'll definitely give gradients a harder look once I have the base down!

@Daiphyer said:

You chose the best picture of Ryan. Bravo, this is fantastic.

Lol. While coloring him, if I turn the hair off, he's got white hair and he looks like fucking Professor Light from Megaman. It's fantastic.

@nomoreluck said:

x collaboration?

I don't think our styles really mesh well -_-;; I also think we're both busy as hell doin what we're doin to really do it but I'm open to suggestions.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#159  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Oh man, with all the hullabaloo about the other GB X P4 thread, I almost forgot about this one. That Brad with the shirt looks pretty rad.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#160  Edited By Video_Game_King

Why isn't getting any love?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#161  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'm surprised that the staff being drawn in the P4 art style hasn't happened earlier considering how much that game influenced the site. Anyway, just dropping in again to check it out. Looking good so far.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By fobwashed
No Caption Provided

Here's a wall paper =P I'll work on the rest later -_-;;

@MooseyMcMan said:

Oh man, with all the hullabaloo about the other GB X P4 thread, I almost forgot about this one. That Brad with the shirt looks pretty rad.

That other one is amazing and he's puttin em out at an incredible clip! Thanks =)

@Video_Game_King said:

Why isn't getting any love?

He'll get love, just might take a bit longer ;-)

@eroticfishcake said:

I'm surprised that the staff being drawn in the P4 art style hasn't happened earlier considering how much that game influenced the site. Anyway, just dropping in again to check it out. Looking good so far.

That was my thoughts exactly when I started. At this point, with the sheer amount of awesome SNS has put out, it looks like it's full. At this point, I'm only doing this as a break from other stuff and for good ol' fun rather than to fill an empty void =) It actually takes a lotta stress off my back feelin like I had to deliver~ I'm just now the icing on the cake!

solusimpar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By solusimpar

@Fobwashed: Love the wallpaper. Nice work!

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#164  Edited By ashogo

This is really cool, Vinny and Brad are great.

Ryan's face kind of lost a bunch of detail after you coloured him though. His beard just kind of ate his mouth.

akira_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#165  Edited By akira_22

That darker haired Vinnie is perfect, the sunnies make it. Patrick and Brad are cool too.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#166  Edited By super2j

@envane said:

kind looks boondocks style to me not that thats a bad thing

I know right. in fact, i was getting into watching season 1(the only season i didnt watch) just now and while the music is playing i came across this thread. i think someone needs to make a video of these images with boondocks theme

bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By bmehlers

Vinny and Brad look awesome, but Ryan looks like a 50 year old man/bulldog.

TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#168  Edited By TiE23

Yoink!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By fobwashed

@nomoreluck said:

@Fobwashed: Love the wallpaper. Nice work!

Thanks =) I'll have to get to the rest and then combine for the original stack look =P

@ashogo said:

This is really cool, Vinny and Brad are great.

Ryan's face kind of lost a bunch of detail after you coloured him though. His beard just kind of ate his mouth.

Yea, he's not even remotely close to done. I put in more work in the mouth area, but then my comp crashed and I lost it so I just put up what I had at the moment which is a mouthless rough Ryan. Don't worry, he'll definitely have a mouth =P

@bmehlers said:

Vinny and Brad look awesome, but Ryan looks like a 50 year old man/bulldog.

Ryan be a MAN and no longer a strapping young lad =P I'll see if I can tone it down a little bit but I'm not really trying to reverse age anyone here. . . Cept for maybe Vinny, he may be younger in that picture. . . Maybe I'll just update him to vinny now w/no beard. . . iono.

@TiE23: I'm sorta using different layers for every color and that let me use masks to individually gradient each element separately. I'll have to take a closer look into his coloring style later on to get it down better. Thanks for the heads up =)

razielrioux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#170  Edited By razielrioux

@Fobwashed:Wow! Very accurate indeed!

shermanatorek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#171  Edited By shermanatorek

Brad looks like such a badass. #TeamBrad

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#172  Edited By StarvingGamer

Haven't checked this thread out in a while, definitely looking much more Persona-y. There's still something about Vinny that I can't put my finger on but amazing work anyways.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#173  Edited By Phatmac

Loving the Brad Shoemaker wallpaper.

OHNOgc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By OHNOgc

Jeff looks pretty young in the sketch, but then again, he's never really aged.

Avatar image for namekaze_minato
Namekaze_Minato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Namekaze_Minato

Very nice!

Avatar image for namekaze_minato
Namekaze_Minato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Namekaze_Minato

Is it me or the fat guy looks like Tim Schafer of Double fine studios?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By fobwashed
No Caption Provided

I've been hella busy lately with a bunch of things so I haven't had much spare time to continue this but I found a little today =P Jeff's redone with a what's up stance but he's real damn rough atm. I'm thinking about changing up the stance of the guys in the pic (obviously). I still haven't done anything w/Ryan's mouth. I'm reconsidering patrick's upwards stare because it doesn't fit the action ready type of stance the others have got so I'll prolly look into changin him entirely. . . Anyway, I think once I put some more time into his hair and shading on his face, it should start coming together a bit more. It's unfortunate that all the Soejima stuff I've found with adults are all like, either super adult/old or weird looking or teenage and younger. I feel like the crew is sorta in the middle of that so I'm taking some liberties but I'll do a few more passes to try to stick to his style.

Btw, I'm gonna have ryan just straight up looking to the left when I get around to him. Maybe.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#178  Edited By bushpusherr

I know you are saying you still have a ways to go, but Jeff's resemblance is already much better than in the original sketch. Can't wait to see more!!!

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By szlifier

Holy shit, that IS Jeff Gerstmann. Well done.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Mcfart

Amazing. Ryan might still need some work, but spot on with the others! I don't even know what to say.

shermanatorek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By shermanatorek

@Fobwashed: LOL, Jeff looks like he has a pig nose. Looks more like him though. Good job.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#183  Edited By jacksukeru

Oh, I haven't kept up with this but it's gotten tons better! I'm making that Team Brad pic my background immediately.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By AuthenticM

This is fucking awesome. Brad looks especially like... himself. Also can't wait to see the finished Ryan.

Continue the great job ! You should do both Dave and his Sister !

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By pekoe212

This continues to be awesome. I love the art style and serious expressions on their faces - it really captures the Persona vibe.

poheroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By poheroe

amazing job!!!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Baillie

@Fobwashed: I visit this thread every time I come on GB, by far my favourite art I've seen on here. As long as you get this finished, I'm happy. Take as long as you need, you're a fantastic artist.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Baillie

@Fobwashed: I'm feeling lost. I'm currently stocked up with a plentiful supply of rations. I will hopefully weather the incoming drought of non-existant updates. Until an update has been posted, I will continue to try and survive.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#189  Edited By kerse

Brad looks fantastic, the eyes are perfect.

godlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#190  Edited By godlyone

This goes without saying but fantastic job! I'm always so amazed when I see stuff like this from the community.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By fobwashed

@Mcfart said:

Amazing. Ryan might still need some work, but spot on with the others! I don't even know what to say.

I just may end up using the closer cropped hair because he hasn't been long for a while. . . though Vinny hasn't had that facial hair in a long while neither. . .

@shermanatorek said:

@Fobwashed: LOL, Jeff looks like he has a pig nose. Looks more like him though. Good job.

Haha, first pass, and once stated, it cannot be unseen. I'll adjust it to be a little less pigish =P

@AuthenticM said:

This is fucking awesome. Brad looks especially like... himself. Also can't wait to see the finished Ryan.

Continue the great job ! You should do both Dave and his Sister !

Dave maybe, sister would be excessive. Though it would be nice to have a female in the mix. . .

@pekoe212 said:

This continues to be awesome. I love the art style and serious expressions on their faces - it really captures the Persona vibe.

Thanks =)

@Baillie said:

@Fobwashed: I'm feeling lost. I'm currently stocked up with a plentiful supply of rations. I will hopefully weather the incoming drought of non-existant updates. Until an update has been posted, I will continue to try and survive.

Lol, sorry. I've seriously been swamped as of late with visitors staying at my place, crazy amount of work (like the Korean festival all weekend), game releases and top it off with some breakthroughs in the game I'm making leading to me wanting to spend more time coding than much anything else in my free time. I'll get back on these once things settle down a bit. I'll try my best to put an hour or two in this weekend =)

@kerse said:

Brad looks fantastic, the eyes are perfect.

Much thanks =) I'm still seriously considering changing up his nose to be a bit more angular even though he's got a rounded nose IRL. . . I feel like I'll end up going back and doing retouches on areas later on but until I get some more done on the others, I'll prob leave him be. Though, I REALLY want to just drop everything and whip up a persona because they seem like they'd be much funner to draw. For Brad, I was thinking since he dies so frequently in all the quicklooks he plays, maybe Death would be appropriate. Perhaps with a touch of Protoss. . . It's tempting. . . but I really need to finish up the others -______-;; Maybe supernormalstep will return with some persona's at some point so that I won't have to.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Baillie

@Fobwashed: Hey, really there isn't any need for rush, I just think your art is fascinating. Easily the best artist I've seen on here, and I just want to see what you can do. I am still camped out though, and eager for updates! LOVE YOU MAN.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By fobwashed

It's been quite some time since I revisited this one. I've on occasion been chippin away at makin some small edits here and there but haven't really had the time to just dump on it but I've had a few taps on the shoulder asking for an update so here's a little bit w/some changes to Jeff.

No Caption Provided

I'll prolly get to work on his body pretty soon as soon as I finish up w/the hair. I heard his nose was a bit too pig like so I toned it down somewhat. I tried to give him a little more age w/some more lines around the eyes and still need to shade the back part of his face so it's not so stand out. Also, I'll add the gradients to skin and whatnot once the full body is done as a last step so that'll be in eventually. He's also missing some back of neck hair. Anyway, Sorry for taking so long. I've got a whole bunch of stuff I'm working on and a lot of times, when I get the urge to do something quick, I'll knock that out rather than goin back to this one. Also, Supernormalstep did such a great job w/his Persona take on the GB crew that I sort of feel like the pressure is off on me getting this done quickly =)

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#194  Edited By toowalrus
@Fobwashed: Yeah, it's good stuff, take your time. The finished Brad is already great though, so you've already set a pretty high bar for yourself. 
two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By two_socks

Looking great man, keep it up!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Baillie

@Fobwashed said:

It's been quite some time since I revisited this one. I've on occasion been chippin away at makin some small edits here and there but haven't really had the time to just dump on it but I've had a few taps on the shoulder asking for an update so here's a little bit w/some changes to Jeff.

Sorry to be that guy, lol. I still love your work. You're a fantastic artist, and like I and others have said before, no rush. You're doing fantastic work.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I like your interpretation of each member of the Giant Bomb crew, your Persona-fied Brad especially captures his Bradley-ness. Please re-visit this project some day and complete it!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed One day Steve, one day this will be complete. I will hold out.