Have you ever admitted to be wrong on the internet?

• 80 results
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Claude
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Claude

Oh yeah, many times. Sorry. Let me count the ways.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman

That's assuming that I've ever been wrong.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By wunder_

Whoa. Sick poll results.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Subjugation

Admitting to being wrong on the internet? Now that's dangerous.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mylifeforAiur

All the time.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UlquioKani

All the time. Trying to be civil on the internet can be rough though. Comments such as "Pussy" follow an apology.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Occasionally. There's often very little point when you're in a slinging match with some vitriolic, frothing-at-the-mouth douche-bag.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By yoshimitz707

HELL NO!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By DarthOrange

Yup here's me saying sorry after making my first no-no topic that got deleted.

No Caption Provided

Here I realized I was wrongfully attacking and apologized, although sometimes he does deserve the crap he gets.

And I guess this is as good a time as ever to say , maybe I was wrong about you and you were just doing your duty as moderator, even if you did delete my topic without reason. I'm sorry.

Although I can't help shake the feeling that both Sweep and Jay teamed up to karma ban me. I was karma banned, probably as a result of the shit show me and Sweep made here. While karma banned I stumbled across this topic on the darkest corner of Anime Vice and the last comment really got me thinking, maybe......

No Caption Provided

It is slightly suspicious that the topic I would always try to prove was wrongfully locked now no longer exists. Destroying the evidence ?

Either way I'm getting off topic. There are tons more example of why I picked A though, because as you can see, sometimes I get carried away and don't know when to stop.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Contrarian

Claude, I doubt that you are ever wrong. More likely you take the high road as a better man, and give the little guy a win to make him feel better.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Christoffer

If it's factual errors, I'll gladly apologize. If it's a matter of my own subjective opinion... never.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TruthTellah

I hate that this is the one thing popping out to me in this thread, but I think the title of this post should be "Have you ever admitted to being wrong on the Internet?" I just had to mention that. Sorry.

(Also, on topic, I have definitely apologized at times. Sometimes you are legitimately incorrect, and other times, it's just the best way to diffuse an argument and move on. I almost never feel bad about an apology; it's the missed apologies that bug me.)

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rudyftw

@yoshimitz707 said:

HELL NO!

Said the talking chocolate pudding.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rudyftw

@DarthOrange said:

No Caption Provided

Here I realized I was wrongfully attacking and apologized, although sometimes he does deserve the crap he gets.

And I guess this is as good a time as ever to say , maybe I was wrong about you and you were just doing your duty as moderator, even if you did delete my topic without reason. I'm sorry.

Although I can't help shake the feeling that both Sweep and Jay teamed up to karma ban me. I was karma banned, probably as a result of the shit show me and Sweep made here. While karma banned I stumbled across this topic on the darkest corner of Anime Vice and the last comment really got me thinking, maybe......

No Caption Provided

It is slightly suspicious that the topic I would always try to prove was wrongfully locked now no longer exists. Destroying the evidence ?

Either way I'm getting off topic. There are tons more example of why I picked A though, because as you can see, sometimes I get carried away and don't know when to stop.

No, you aren't wrong about Sweep. He is a meanie.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By yoshimitz707

@Rudyftw said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

HELL NO!

Said the talking chocolate pudding.

No Caption Provided
Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vexxan

Of course. Otherwise you're just another internet asshole. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jimbo

I've never been wrong -internet or otherwise- but even if I were wrong I sure as hell wouldn't admit to it like some kind of wrongy, wrong-faced fuck. Good day to you, sir!

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Rudyftw said:

@DarthOrange said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Yeah! I fucking hate that Sweep kid!

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rudyftw

@Sweep said:

@Rudyftw said:

@DarthOrange said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

What? Don't try to relate to us.

You're like one of those moms who try to fit in with their kids by saying words like "rad".

Stop it.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yoshimitz707
@Sweep

@Rudyftw said:

@DarthOrange said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I know right! What an asshole!
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By N7

I used to be. Until I stopped arguing on the internet like a goddamn loser.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rudyftw

@yoshimitz707: Sweep is the type of guy that will have a personal vendetta against you just for calling him an asshole, even in a joking manner. I'm letting you know this because ... well, Talking Chocolate Pudding... we are jabronies.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By yoshimitz707
@Rudyftw Nah man, Sweep is a cool guy!
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By McGhee

I have a few times, but usually just to surprise and disarm to later get the upper hand. ;)

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By bicycleham

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Sweep

@Rudyftw said:

@DarthOrange said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

YEAH FUCK THAT GUY AND HIS POPPED COLLARS

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By penguindust

Yes, in fact, more times than I can count. No wait, that's not right...never, I've never been wrong on the internet.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Xolare said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Sweep

@Rudyftw said:

@DarthOrange said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

YEAH FUCK THAT GUY AND HIS POPPED COLLARS

"I didn't ask for this role, but I'll play it."

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yup, I have. I think people look rather silly when they seem adamant about never being wrong.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MeierTheRed

Many times

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#32  Edited By Brackynews

@Claude: Are you offering absolution, father? It's been 60 internet-days since my last confession. That's like a year in real terms.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Factual errors? Sure on occasion; however I now label everything I believe to be true, to try and avoid getting slack if I'm wrong. Subjective stuff? No.

I could count the amount of online disagreements I've had over the years on a single hand - two were on this very site. Which thinking about it now, makes this one of the worse online community's I've been a part of...joking of course this site and its community are great.

As for the scale of the arguments I've had; I once got to stage 3 of Professor Internet's chart but on the other occasions I stopped around level 1 or 2:

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Actually looking over that chart again, I haven't reached level 3...I just found a loophole on level 2 where I repeat the "I've got one more thing to say" phase over and over until I'd had enough.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fetchfox

Off course. If I make'e no sense'e, I'll take a shot of someone els's logic.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By ssj4raditz

I'll never admit it! NEVER!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By crusader8463

I tend to just not say anything on topics unless I know I'm right, or make it clear that I'm going off little/second hand knowledge. If someone points out that I got something wrong, and can prove it, then I will say as such, but most of what people talk about online is opinion so there's not a whole lot to be wrong about.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@Sweep said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@Rudyftw said:

@DarthOrange said:

I think I'm going to try to get him banned! He is a jerk, fuck him!

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lockwoodx

Opinions are like tears. Everyone thinks they are delicious.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By xMP44x

I have apologized to people I know only through the internet before, and thankfully nobody has ever pushed further than me just shrugging it off with "Whoops, my bad". There isn't much else I can really say online so when I have to I have no problem with it.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By TehFlan

DUDE WHATEVER I'M ALWAYS RIGHT 

But yeah, I admit it when I'm wrong, on the internet or not.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mfpantst

Here's to never not being wrong on the internet.  amiright?  Oh.  I'm not.  I'm sorry, I was wrong.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Arker101

Oh yeah, I'm constantly wrong, but I find that as I see and participate in more and more arguments, I try not to come of as being a dick when I post my opinions or thoughts. It doesn't make me any less wrong when I do screw up, but at least I feel better about not trying to come off as being an ass.

It wasn't a discussion of who was wrong, or who was right, but Tenmuert i(I think that's his user name, I'll admit I'm too lazy too check), and I were arguing about who was better, Stormcloaks or Imperials for the Skyrim civil war. That was a pretty fun argument, but I kind of gave up because he could articulate better reasons for the Stormcloaks then I could Imperials, so I did the only reasonable thing and just left.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mfpantst
@Arker101: Man that's just so stupid.  You gotta argue with more balls.  I can't believe you gave in.

No serious- good job.
Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Arker101

@mfpantst: No darn-it, the imperials have brown and red clothes, brown and red clothes. Stormcloaks can't handle that.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Claude
@Brackynews said:

@Claude: Are you offering absolution, father? It's been 60 internet-days since my last confession. That's like a year in real terms.

If that's the case, I should forgive myself for some of the polls I make.
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mfpantst
@Arker101: You're just wrong and stupid.  I know you won't admit it so go away.

That should be standard argument ending logic from now on, btw.  
Also,
@Claude: father, I have killed 20 people and fornicated with a large amount of space hookers.  What would you like me to do to absolve myself?
Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bwast

I'm never wrong, just less correct.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By audiosnow

There are so many liars on this website.

I had to lie, too, because there wasn't a "once or twice" option.

@DarthOrange: I'm pretty sure the "McRib and Count Chocula" thread was deleted to save host space. A locked thread that I visited a week ago vanished two days later. Call me crazy, but I can't see anyone revisiting the "MR&CC."

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By napalm

I don't apologize enough, so I'll do it now.

I'm sorry.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Claude
@mfpantst: You must play four indie games for four days. That should do it.